Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #2071
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Junebaby
Stats: 5'9" 231.8/222.5/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 18, 2011
The only time I weigh myself at home is right before I weigh at the clinic. I want to be sure my scale is reading like theirs just in case I do start weighing at home. I understand why ketosis is important, but it is definitely possible to lose weight without being in ketosis. Look at all the Weight Watchers' people who lose without EVER being in ketosis! I am off-plan again this weekend, but I was feeling SO VERY DEPRIVED! It was starting to consume me...it was ALL I thought about! So, a little break. Haven't done anything all that "wrong". Had a 4 oz. steak for dinner last night and then 5 roasted marshmallows. Not too bad, but it made me feel so much better. Good luck this week!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #2072
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katie B
Stats: 5'5" 203.5/167/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Jan.25, 2011
Thanks so much Trish for taking the time to post that recipe- looks yummy! I will definitely try it. I actually made chicken soup for the family yesterday and didn't have any, since I had carrots, celery, onions, etc in it and pastina. How would you count your soup for Medi? I am still not eating veggies- hopefully I will not have to repeat Week 1 for a third time after tomorrow!! Could not do another week of only protein. I just made some roasted root veggies for my family and I wanted some so badly!! I don't know how you're doing this and being around food!! I'm having trouble just planning good meals that include my protein and then other healthy things for my family! Going through cookbooks today for some ideas (love the crockpot this time of year) and it was really rough!
I can't believe you're allowed 600 protein calories right off the bat! Seems like there is a little discrepancy on that point all over the place. I will see tomorrow what happens- but I really don't think it is going to be more than 3 lbs - again - and I have been letter perfect 2 weeks straight.

Junebaby- I know what you mean about the gals who lose at WW- I was never one of those either! It was always .2 and .4 lbs at a time for me- painfully slow! I worked for them for 7 years and I really believe in their program, but at this point in my life I just
think I need something drastic like this to shake things up...as you can see, it's really working-huh?? Good luck to you too!!
Old 02-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #2073
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
YUMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Katie, I try to use vinegars and high quality infused olive oils. Here is a recipe called Avgolemeno soup that usually I put some orzo in, but it tastes good without it.

12 Servings
2 1/2 quart water
1 each cornish game hen
3 eggs beaten
2 oz lemon juice
5 oz spinach chopped and squeezed dry
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper
1/8 tsp turmeric
10 bring the water to a boil in a large soup pot. Place the hens in the boiling water and cook it as a simmer for 30 min.
2) Remove the game hen to a cutting board and let cool to the touch. Strain the water through a fine cheese cloth (whatever you have at hand)and return the broth to the sopu pot.
3) bring the broth back to a boil. (add orzo at this point for others we disregard)
4) Combine the eggs, lemon juice and seasonings together in a mixing bowl and whisk well. ladle some of the hot broth into the egg mixture to temper (slowly so you don't end up with scrambled eggs)
5)after tempering the egg mixture whisk it into the hot soup.
6)Remove meat from hen and cut into small strips
7) add the meat and chopped spinach to the broth and bring soup back to a simmer (spinach may turn brown if cooked too long).
8) adjust for seasonings and serve.
Medi Weightloss version, cool broth and strain fat from top, or use low sodium STOCK not broth.
You may want to add boullion cubes to get more of a "chickeny" flavor.
I can give you a recipe for gyros that uses ground lamb (I'm on a greek food kick right now), with chobani yogurt with cucumber over salad it is really yummy!
Trish! This recipe sounds yummy! I would love to know the gyro recipe. My husband is Egyptian so this could be something that we would really enjoy. He is a lamb attict afterall. And I would love some ideas, for uses of my CHOBANI yogurt. I will be completed with my first week, I hope, on Thursday! I actually found the carbsmart Krogers yogurt. It seems like Kroger's is the only chain retailer selling it! I'll try it tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #2074
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
Start Date: January 23 2014
the gyro recipe is definitely a "home version" cooked like a meatloaf, you can cook it on the grill and it will have a better flavor, if you have a rotisserie it is even better.

For the soup, I forgot to say to whisk the egg and soup vigorously, you are trying to get a creamy consistency(but with no cream), the soup should be a nice cream/slightly yellow color. It is a nice way to have a lower fat, healthier "creamy" chicken soup.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #2075
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tobysgrandma
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Hi, thinking of starting medi, any good advice?? Anyone in Nashville?
Old 02-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #2076
Senior LCF Member

Day 5

Hi girls! Today was probably the hardest day for me so far for week 1. I got insanenly exhausted around 3pm! I found myself counting down the minutes, so that I could speed to the clinic to get my 2 injections! I think I made a mistake by not taking my electrolytes with me to work. After drinking some powerade zero and eating some protein, I'm feeling much relieved. Although my legs hurt! Anyways, I told the medical assistant that I still wasn't in ketosis, and she told me not to worry about it. She said to be sure that I'm eating my calories, and not going too long without food. She said, when I have my 1 week weigh in on Thursday, they will be able to tell by my fat weight loss how I'm progressing, and decide what I need to do at that time. That second shot really stings! I wonder if I took dailly B1 & B6, if it would be as effective?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #2077
Junior LCF Member

I had a woman do a wonderful job on that sting shot. She really took her time. It took about a minute for her to inject the entire shot, but it didn't hurt at all. Just a tiny little sting. Not the MAJOR one you get when they really push it into ya! They give both our shots at the same time at my clinic. Just line 'em up in their fingers and stab ya! GOODNESS! I have been super dizzy and had a headache for the last two days. It completely stinks!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #2078
Junior LCF Member

Hi Swirveegrl-
Hope you're feeling better by now! Are you spreading your calories throughout the day?
3 pm is always a bad time of day....have you noticed if the injections helped you right away? I am still debating their value...can't really tell.
I don't think the extra vitamins could hurt. I believe you shouldn't overdo the B6.
I have been taking additional vitamins, including B6 &B12, since the first week when I had to miss the extra shot and thought my own supplements couldn't hurt. Have been doing it ever since and I usually feel pretty good (not saying it's the vitamins). I am usually a high energy person and have found I really don't feel much different doing this diet. Can't wait to hear how you do on Thursday! Hope it's good for you...

I just went for my second weigh-in, following a second perfect "week 1"....and guess what? I lost just another 3 lbs.(it was all fat; water was same) I am probably the slowest loser (as opposed to "biggest loser") MWL has ever seen. The doctor doesn't even know what to think. I am not sure that he actually believes me that I've been perfect, but I know I have. I am not surprised since I always lose slowly- just thought doing this would really give my body a good jolt....not. Oh well...I will keep going on since I have never lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks doing any other diet and now that I can add some veggies and other things I feel much more normal and ready to keep going!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #2079
Junior LCF Member

Hi, how long did it take you?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:35 AM   #2080
Junior LCF Member

Tobysgrandma- I've just completed my second week. Most people on this board seem to do way better than me in 2 weeks, so don't go by me whether or not you're deciding to do this. I think my metabolism has just slowed down- maybe age has something to do with it and menopause. Not sure, but at least it's coming off!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #2081
Senior LCF Member

Katie, 3 lbs a week in any diet is ALOT! I think the reason I lost so much the first week was because I had so much water to lose, 5 lbs water, 3 lbs fat! So losing 3lbs of fat is AWESOME! I say Congratulations! You are going in the right direction!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #2082
Senior LCF Member

Swirveegrl, my consultant told me to have at least 32 oz of electrolytes throughout the day. BTW, I found one called Skinny Water, that has zero carbs and zero calories, the ZERO water has 4 carbs per 30 oz serving! I got a massive headache Sunday night during superbowl (Maybe it was induced by the Black Eyed Peas halftime game, maybe not), that was the first time that has happened. Going home I had an electrolyte drink and EAS shake and felt better.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #2083
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies

Today has been going much better Katie, I did feel better after taking the injections at the clinic. For some reason, it seemed like my headache went away, and I felt a little more energized. I still didn't feel great. I was exhausted, and slept like a baby. Trish, does the skinny water taste good? What flavors should I get?
Still no Ketosis for me. I was wondering if I had defective sticks, so I went to Wal-Mart and got another brand. Still nothing. O well, I've read on some of the blogs that some people never "show" ketosis, but lose weight.
I'm wondering if you girls know that some people, a small percentage, experience hair loss during rapid weight loss. Biotin and Zinc are supposed to be the recommened treatment. I bought Biotin and Zinc today at Wal-mart to take preventively. When I go in for my weigh in on Thursday, I'm going to ask the NP how much I should take daily. I have thin hair already, don't think I can afford to lose any
I hope all of you are doing well. My new favorite snack/meal is Turkey Pepperoni and Light String Cheese. If you haven't tried it yet, Kroger's Carbsmart strawberry yogurt is actually pretty tasty thanks June!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #2084
Senior LCF Member

BTW I posted a few pictures in my profile. Kind of showing my different stages of fatness over the last few years
Old 02-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #2085
Junior LCF Member

Swirveegrl-
You are GORGEOUS at all of your weights! Thanks so much for sharing those pictures-
you look great no matter what! I thought it very interesting that you could give your weight in all of the pictures! I think all of us who have fought our weights, all our lives do the same. I guess that's just the way it is; I felt bad for you looking at your grad picture and you saying all you thought about was how you looked compared to the other gals....you're so pretty and it's so awful that you had to feel that way. Even though I am a "bit" older I can so relate to your comments. I have now gotten to the point that I don't even want to go anywhere or see people who haven't seen me in awhile because of my weight. Haven't been to the beach in about 8 years and that is one of my all-time favorite things to do.
You should take the picture of you in your husband's green dress and put it on your fridge as a constant reminder of what you are working towards! For awhile I had my bathing suit hanging in my kitchen- a little bizarre, but definitely a reminder!!
Hope you're feeling energetic today! BTW, my doctor said that some people never go into ketosis and still lose, including his wife....so keep pluggin' away!
Old 02-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #2086
Senior LCF Member

I agree Swirveegrl, Your Beautiful!
I don't ever go above small on the ketostick. I agree with Katie B I think that means we are well-hydrated, I remember doing atkins and they said you should never be in the dark area it means you are dehydrated.
Hang in There!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #2087
Senior LCF Member

Katie and Trish

Thank you Ladies for your kind comments Katie, I know exactly how you feel about not wanting to go out. Last winter I really got depressed about my weight. I wouldn't buy clothes, because i was scared to know my true size. This is embarassing to admit, but what the heck we are being open here. I would find excuses to wear my work scrubs, because they were honestly the only clothes that fit. After doing this a few times, I realized that I was "punishing" myself too harshly. So I finally bit the bullet and bought my size 18 wardrobe. I also remember not wanting to be in pictures, because I would be so down after "seeing" how I truly looked to everyone else. I sort of started getting out of this mentality, probably around the Spring of last year. I decided that I am still me, regardless of how I look, how much fat I have on my stomach, what size jeans I wear, and how out of breath I get walking my dog I'm just ready to be a better me, with more self control, more confidence, and someone who can actually find clothes on clearence I hope you all have a wonderful night.
BTW Katie. 6 lbs of FAT loss in 2 weeks is awesome! I think you are doing great. Losing the fat is the hard part! Water weight comes and goes...
Old 02-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #2088
Senior LCF Member

Okay, I get like this every time I diet (although I am trying not to think of this as a diet, the goal is obviously to lose weight.) I get near the weigh-in, Friday for me, and start to panic. What if I don't lose anything? What if I forgot to count something when I was journaling, what if that jello really wasn't sugar free, what if I didn't eat enough, what if I gained back all the water weight I lost??? etc. etc. So these things have been going through my head all day. It's like pre-test jitters (I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking I can't graduate because I forgot to go to class all semester, and I graduated from college 19 years ago! ), am I crazy?? I don't want to sabotage myself. Am I the only one who does this?
Old 02-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #2089
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the info Katie!! I have my 1st appointment tomorrow!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #2090
Junior LCF Member

I love reading the notes on here, y'all are so inspiring!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #2091
Junior LCF Member

cheftrish, I have dreams all the time about not having gone to class all semester, and I graduated 14 years ago!!! I HATE those dreams! It's a horrible feeling! I don't stress about the weigh-in, so I can't help you there. I can't seem to get through two days without getting off-plan for some reason, so I pretty much know there won't be much change on the scale.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #2092
Senior LCF Member

Trish

I know exactly how you feel Trish! I'm weighing in tomorrow. Week 1, talk about anxious I know that I have measured everything, drank my fluids, and not cheated at all! I guess we all experience this sort of anxiety, when the pressures on!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 AM   #2093
Senior LCF Member

Day 8

So my Ketostick finally read ketosis this morning, and actually read moderate?? Maybe that's why I was ready to sleep like a baby @ 6pm last night. I finally burned all my carbs from chips, ice cream, and tastykakes I had in storage. Going for week 1 weigh in @ 1115, I'm trying to decide if I should eat something, or wait until after i weigh???
Old 02-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #2094
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Okay, I get like this every time I diet (although I am trying not to think of this as a diet, the goal is obviously to lose weight.) I get near the weigh-in, Friday for me, and start to panic. What if I don't lose anything? What if I forgot to count something when I was journaling, what if that jello really wasn't sugar free, what if I didn't eat enough, what if I gained back all the water weight I lost??? etc. etc. So these things have been going through my head all day. It's like pre-test jitters (I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking I can't graduate because I forgot to go to class all semester, and I graduated from college 19 years ago! ), am I crazy?? I don't want to sabotage myself. Am I the only one who does this?
Hi Trish ~ No, you aren't crazy, unless I am! I only go every 4-5 weeks now that I'm in maintenance, but I stressed every time I went for my weigh-in, and still do. As a matter of fact I got a Tanita scale as soon as I went into maintenance & weigh myself daily... so I have a mini-stressor every morning! When I go up a pound or so, I have to fight the urge to be down on myself. We all fluctuate to some degree constantly. It's (the stress level) gotten much better for me, and I hope it does for you, too. As you develop your new eating and exercise habits, things become more a part of the "norm," and less tough and/or foreign.
Try to relax and just focus on doing all the right things today!!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #2095
Junior LCF Member

Swirveegrl-
Good luck today!!! Been thinking about you...hope it's a great first week for you! But, don't forget, if it's not 10 lbs, it's still OK!! THink of me (3 measly lbs)....so anything more than that will be good!!
Tobysgrandma- good luck to you too! Keep us posted!
Trish-
as long as you've been doing it, everything should be fine tomorrow! As I said to Swirveegrl, think of me losing only 3 lbs for 2 weeks straight now and being perfectly on the plan....am sure you'll be fine!!
Hope you gals all have a great day!!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #2096
Senior LCF Member

1st week results

I'm so happy I'm updating via my BlackBerry. I lost 6.8 lbs first week. So I am down 12lbs since January 1st!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #2097
Senior LCF Member

Week 1 results

-4.2lbs of yellow, jiggly, artery clogging fat -2.1 lbs water, so what's the other 0.5 lost from????? Tried a medi weight loss cinammon pecan protein bar, it was yummy, expensive at $14 for 7/box. But I figured this is worth it, because I can keep these at work, and use them when there is not time for eating. I also reviewd my labs today. I wasn't suprised to see that my cholesterol as well as LDL (Lethal cholesterol) were elevated. I knew this was likely the case, but seeing it on paper is kind of scary, especially considering I'm 27. So this is another motivation, to get myself living a healthy lifestyle for the health of my heart. Remeber February is Ladie's Heart Disease month. Be kind to yours too!Wear Red...
Ladies I have decided against getting the second shot A) it's an extra $20/week B) for me it hurts like the devil . The NP said it was fine for me to use the Medi-Bolic Melts ($15 for 30 days), but continue to come get my MIC shot 2x/wk. I also asked about supplementing with the Biotin and Zinc she said that is perfectly fine, and to take as directed. I was very excited to buy strawberries at the store, and well as Trader Joe's natural Peanut Butter. I also picked up some turkey bologne, and frozen chicken burgers curious to see how these will taste. Seeing the scale go down, made all of the difference today. It was explained to me to expect a lower weight loss (approx 0.5-1.5lbs) the 2nd week, because of losing a lot the first. I hope all is well with all of you, Happy MEDIng
Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #2098
Junior LCF Member

Way to go, Swirveegrl!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #2099
Senior LCF Member