Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by brishe View Post
Hello.

Had my first visit on 6/9/09. Started week 1 today. Not too bad, but it's only day 1. I'm a little nervous about what to truly expect - I weigh 148 now and would like to lose 23-25 lbs. What is realistic loss for week 1? (assuming of course I follow it to a T).

Anyone else on this board in Fort Myers?

Hi Brishe,
You will find that the people who don't have as much to lose have smaller losses up front. I would think 5-7 pounds is realistic for you. Most of the people who have lost 10 pounds have much more weight to lose than you do. But every pound counts! Hang in there

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeeluver1
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2014
Please can someone give me info??

Hello,can someone tell me about the medical weightloss. is there alot to by? is it real expensive? I am just gaining more weight and need help! Pleas,if you could answer this I will be so grateful...Thanks,Susan
Old 06-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRia View Post
ok, now my question to those succeeding....

I have been following the food list for week 1, been drinking a lot of water (64-96oz per day) and the only major struggle has been with the vita super and sometimes the calcium pills.

So....WHY is my mouth sooo dry & just disgusting?? Is that normal...is it because of the lack of pills....is it because I'm in Ketosis....do i need more water intake?? Will this go away?

I was told that I would have dry mouth etc due to the appitite suppresent (Phendimetrazine). I definitely do! That is the only side effect I am having which is great! I am loving the program so far. Also, about the water..yes my clinic said 100-128 oz but try and get to 128 oz.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Susan- If you read through this newbies thread you should find all the info
Old 06-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
MissRia

The dry mouth is from the Appetite Suppressant. It gets better over time, you can chew sugar free gum to help with it. Also you need to drink the full 128oz of water, this will also help.

Good luck with week 1 and let us know how the weigh goes!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls View Post
Hi Brishe,
You will find that the people who don't have as much to lose have smaller losses up front. I would think 5-7 pounds is realistic for you. Most of the people who have lost 10 pounds have much more weight to lose than you do. But every pound counts! Hang in there
It is hard to determine what you will lose, but you will lose on this plan if you follow it to the letter. You will probably not see the over 10 pound first losses that many of us have had because you just don't have that much to lose. The main thing to remember is that this weight took some time to come on so you must be patient in getting it off. This WOE is also teaching you how to be a much healthier adult. Good luck you will do fine!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches1 View Post
Hello,can someone tell me about the medical weightloss. is there alot to by? is it real expensive? I am just gaining more weight and need help! Pleas,if you could answer this I will be so grateful...Thanks,Susan
Susan

Jessica is correct, go to the newbies page, almost everything you need is listed in there. But the first visit is 268.00 and then weekly visits are 70.00. You go weekly until you meet your goal weight. You will buy Fat Burner (25.00) and journal (6.00) monthly if you choose. The appetite suppressant and Vitamin are included in the 70.00/week charge. Once you are in maintence it is 35.00/month.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches1 View Post
Susan,

Every clinic is different but here are the basics.

Initial visit $268.00 this includes bloodwork,ekg, vitamins,fat burners, mic injection, B-6 injection and program materials.

After that is usually run $70.00 per week.

Here is a link to the clinic site.

Medi-Weightloss Clinics® - Physician-supervised weight loss clinics

McBoo
Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: brishe
Stats: 148/141/125 goal
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/10/09
Day 2 - I feel pretty darn good actually !! :)

I feel really good today. Last night was tough - I'm a middle-of-night snacker - when I can't sleep, I go to kitchen and have some sort of high carb snack (Little Bites Muffin pack; Rice Krispie Treat, etc.), so when I woke-up last night (4 times btw to pee-pee because of all the water), I was absolutely dying because I soooooo wanted that snackie, BUT I resisted, and was much happier with myself this morning as a result.

I'm not feeling hunger pangs at all - no cravings really either, yet....

Question: I'm addicted to caffeine and my morning coffee is a must - have to have a cup in the a.m. to start my day -- they recommend Coffee Mate Free (icky), but that actually has 1 carb gram in it vs. Real Half-Half that has zero carbs. Why not substitute the calories and enjoy the real half-half? I'm dreading the fake stuff....it just isn't creamy enough. Truth be told I hate coffee and that's why I need the equal and half-half, but I'm terribly addicted to the caffeine, and am afraid to cut out the coffee altogether... Any suggestions or similar dilemas?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #190
Junior LCF Member

BTW - forgot to thank everyone for their comments on what to expect the first week. I know a 10 lb. loss is not realistic, but 5 lbs. sure would be a great motivator to keep chugging along...
Old 06-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE

Question: I'm addicted to caffeine and my morning coffee is a must - have to have a cup in the a.m. to start my day -- they recommend Coffee Mate Free (icky), but that actually has 1 carb gram in it vs. Real Half-Half that has zero carbs. Why not substitute the calories and enjoy the real half-half? I'm dreading the fake stuff....it just isn't creamy enough. Truth be told I hate coffee and that's why I need the equal and half-half, but I'm terribly addicted to the caffeine, and am afraid to cut out the coffee altogether... Any suggestions or similar dilemas?[/QUOTE]

I am also a coffee drinker and did not give it up. I did end up going with the Coffee Mate Sugar Free Creamer (French Vanilla). The fat free creamer had way too much of everything but the Sugar free is okay. I bought the international delights and the Coffee mate. I could not even choke down the Intl Delights but don't mind the Coffeemate. I think the half and half has too much fat & calories...not 100% sure though...just my guess. Best bet would be to check with the clinic.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
First week tip:

Get Crystal Light Hydration to avoid the Charlie Horses!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2Lose
Stats: 5'8" 329/218/175
Start Date: May 23, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Susan

Jessica is correct, go to the newbies page, almost everything you need is listed in there. But the first visit is 268.00 and then weekly visits are 70.00. You go weekly until you meet your goal weight. You will buy Fat Burner (25.00) and journal (6.00) monthly if you choose. The appetite suppressant and Vitamin are included in the 70.00/week charge. Once you are in maintence it is 35.00/month.
Is your appetite suppressant an Rx prescription? Phendimetrazine-something? I have a real prescription and have to take it to a pharmacy to get it filled. Just wondering?
Old 06-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2Lose View Post
Is your appetite suppressant an Rx prescription? Phendimetrazine-something? I have a real prescription and have to take it to a pharmacy to get it filled. Just wondering?
Going,

Are they charging you $70 and giving you a prescription? If so, it sounds like you are being overcharged as my $70 fee includes the medication. However, if they are charging you substantially less, it is better because the medication is much cheaper if you get it at a pharmacy. I know there have been several people on the forum that have gone that route.

Susie
Old 06-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Brishe, Kate and Miss Ria,

You have chosen a wonderful program that works! I have lost 60 pounds in 6 months and am only 3 pounds away from maintainance. Click on my avatar and you can see my before picture in my profile. I am so glad you found the newbie thread. If you have questions please feel free to ask. Also please join us on the main thread which is the June thread.

And no, I don't work for Medi, but I would by a franchise if I had the money. Their slogan "the one that works" is spot on.

Susie
Old 06-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2Lose
Stats: 5'8" 329/218/175
Start Date: May 23, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Going,

Are they charging you $70 and giving you a prescription? If so, it sounds like you are being overcharged as my $70 fee includes the medication. However, if they are charging you substantially less, it is better because the medication is much cheaper if you get it at a pharmacy. I know there have been several people on the forum that have gone that route.

Susie
Thanks for your response Susie! I go to the same clinic as Jerry.... so I will wait for him to weigh on the topic (oh hee hee...... "weigh in") I have only gone to the first visit which was $268 and one weigh in which was $70. I got the prescription and went to Walgreens the first time where it cost $13.99 for 30 pills and the second time I filled it at WalMart for $11.88

I am curious now what others have to do?

Amy (I remembered to put my name!!)

PS I weigh in tomorrow morning, is it rude to ask about this?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

at my clinic we pay 70 a week, and they give us a "card" to give to the pharmacy. So we have to go to the pharmacy to fill it, but we do not pay anything extra for it. I did find out how much it costs since i was curious, it is only 10.99 for a 7 day supply IF you did have to pay.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #198
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Susie for the encouragement - your before/after is amazing - WOW....that's true success! I've never actually tried a true diet plan before - never had to - but after having 2 kids (who are now 9 and 10) I struggled with the last 10-15 lbs of weight, then I turned 35 and a couple more lbs crept on, and this past April, I turned 40 (with a few more lbs.), and I finally decided that's it - I need to get this under control now before it's something bigger than I can handle.

I know quite a few people here in SW FL that have used MWL - most of them with great success, so I have no doubt that I should do well as long as I learn to re-program my way of thinking about food -- which is something I really DO want to do -- I hate feeling so addicted, dependent and powerless against carbs. I'm sure they have been my road block to weightloss.

I will check-out the Main Thread as well - thanks...

~Sherri
Old 06-12-2009, 06:45 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

I had my first weigh in this morning! I lost 10.8 pounds!!! I am so so excited! I really stuck to the plan big time. Not to discount my hard work, but I do have a lot of weight to lose (I know there is much talk about the first week loss....so please keep that in mind) But I worked very hard and really stuck to it! I have to say it was not nearly as hard as i thought it would be. The only other medical weight loss program I have tried was Optifast which I lost weight on but it was SO hard and then put the weight right back on when I was done...because I did not know how to eat right! This is a lot easier than that in my opinion..but still tough! Good luck to all you newbies! YOU can do it!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #200
Junior LCF Member

Excellent Kate. I don't have my first weigh in until Wednesday, but I feel like I'm doing very well. I was already in Ketosis as of last night (end of day 2), so I must be doing something right. I too and finding that it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be -- I actually feel pretty good, and not really that hungry.

-Sherri
Old 06-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #201
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissRia
Stats: 149/144/125
Start Date: June 4, 2009
Kate, that's really awesome....great job!!

I had my 1st weigh-in (lost -5.2lbs and -2.4lbs of fat mass) and although I did not lose as much as some others, I was really excited for my weight loss. But wonder if that's too low of a 1st time weight loss? The clinic said it was good. But I was suprised that they didn't want to check my journal to see if I did anything wrong or to show me where to tweak it. They never asked whether I was in Ketosis, just gave me Week 2's food list and sent me on my way. Now, I was in Ketosis when I went to weigh-in BUT I had a tough 2 days...just because I was at places that made it difficult to stay on the plan. NOT because I was tempted but just because I had very limited things to choose from-which I think is what knocked me out of Ketosis. Do I have to go back to Week 1 until I'm back in (the papers they gave me said not to start week 2 unless you were in ketosis)??
Old 06-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Quote:

I had my 1st weigh-in (lost -5.2lbs and -2.4lbs of fat mass) and although I did not lose as much as some others, I was really excited for my weight loss. But wonder if that's too low of a 1st time weight loss? The clinic said it was good. But I was suprised that they didn't want to check my journal to see if I did anything wrong or to show me where to tweak it. They never asked whether I was in Ketosis, just gave me Week 2's food list and sent me on my way. Now, I was in Ketosis when I went to weigh-in BUT I had a tough 2 days...just because I was at places that made it difficult to stay on the plan. NOT because I was tempted but just because I had very limited things to choose from-which I think is what knocked me out of Ketosis. Do I have to go back to Week 1 until I'm back in (the papers they gave me said not to start week 2 unless you were in ketosis)??
I think the amount of weight you loose the first week has a lot to do with how much you need to loose overall. I only needed to loose 30ish and on my first week I lost 5.5. I would try doing only protein and see if you go into ketosis tomorrow, then add your veggies.
I'm not familiar wit your clinic but I would write down all your concerns and tell them you want to sit down with someone and go over your questions. Maybe call ahead of appointment and tell them you need more time then what they allot. These places want and need to make their clients happy to succeed. They have to meet certain goals too. Good luck, 5.2 lbs. gone is awesome.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:

~Miss Ria~ Would it be possible for you to add your stats into your profile?
Then we can follow along with you as you progress. And I echo those above who suggested that you bring any concerns to the clinic director.

And as for temptation, it will always be there, you need only to find positive ways to deal with it. As you make your way along this journey into a major new lifestyle change, come often to the forum for support and encouragement. That is what we are all here for. Sometimes, it may not be what you WANT to hear, but it may be what you NEED to hear to be successful. And, in the long run, that is what we all want for one another, to be successful!

Jo
Old 06-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #204
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Karistx
Stats: 161/143/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 6/16/09
Newbie here...

Been posting in the June page....

Was just wondering this...so let me re-post my question over here

I just got home from Fry's grocery store and I inhaled 3 oz of skinless chicken.

It went really fast....I am still hungry!!!!!

Should I drink some water...to feel full?

I got sugar free jello for a snack...not sure if I can have it.

When do I take the fat burn?

Sorry for all the newbie questions!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:49 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karistx View Post
Newbie here...

Been posting in the June page....

Was just wondering this...so let me re-post my question over here

I just got home from Fry's grocery store and I inhaled 3 oz of skinless chicken.

It went really fast....I am still hungry!!!!!

Should I drink some water...to feel full?

I got sugar free jello for a snack...not sure if I can have it.

When do I take the fat burn?

Sorry for all the newbie questions!!!!
It seems kind of late to be eating dinner, when was your last meal, if it was lunch time that could be the reason you are starving. I found the program was a great deal of trial and error. Do you have appetite suppressants? I would keep track of my hungry times which seems to be 3-6 before dinner and would then take my appetite suppressant around 1-2 and then if I was going out that evening take one around 5. But it all takes time to figure out. And I was told at the clinic to take the fat burner 11, 3, 7. Didn't they give you any information on when you should try their vit's?
And water, water, water, all the time. But you should have gotten a packet on the first day with all that info in it.
I don't believe you can have jello the first week.
But if you didn't get a packet with info I would call your clinic and tell them you need the written info to follow.
Good luck with the program, it really works.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:31 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudiman View Post
It seems kind of late to be eating dinner, when was your last meal, if it was lunch time that could be the reason you are starving. I found the program was a great deal of trial and error. Do you have appetite suppressants? I would keep track of my hungry times which seems to be 3-6 before dinner and would then take my appetite suppressant around 1-2 and then if I was going out that evening take one around 5. But it all takes time to figure out. And I was told at the clinic to take the fat burner 11, 3, 7. Didn't they give you any information on when you should try their vit's?
And water, water, water, all the time. But you should have gotten a packet on the first day with all that info in it.
I don't believe you can have jello the first week.
But if you didn't get a packet with info I would call your clinic and tell them you need the written info to follow.
Good luck with the program, it really works.
Nicely said Hudiman! All I can add is read your info packet again and again! If you didn't get one, call and ask for one. Like Hudiman said it is trail and error on what works best for you and your schedule. Her advice on when to take the pills is spot on. Try to figure out when you need the help from the appetite suppressants. The main thing is to drink the full gallon of water and to take all your supplements. Remember the Chicken broth will help with the hungries in-between meals. Also you need to really listen to your body - Are you really hungry - stomach hungry or hungry because you are bored or the like, eating to be eating. Determine those functions in your body and you can control yourself much better.

Good luck and check in often. We are all here for you, we have gone through this as well and remember it well!

Robyn
Old 06-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bettyz
Stats: (first try183.5/163/158) Round 2-195.2/195.2/160
Quote:
Originally Posted by brishe View Post
BTW - forgot to thank everyone for their comments on what to expect the first week. I know a 10 lb. loss is not realistic, but 5 lbs. sure would be a great motivator to keep chugging along...
HI Brishe, I only need to lose 25lbs... my going is slower than a lot of people. I also think that not being able to eat gluten anyway made a difference in how my body reacted to the first weeks...
keep up the good work!
beth
Old 06-19-2009, 06:08 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TXGRLY09
Stats: 155/139/115 (5'2")
WOE: MWL
Start Date: Orig. 6/19/09 Restart 12/29/11
Week1 Day1

Today is my first day. Took my pills ate my eggs. Informed my buddies that no alcohol for me this weekend. Man I hope they don't think it's funny to pressure me to drink. Going to a comedy club and bar afterwards with them. Club soda it is for me!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

TXgirly- maybe don't tell them that you are not drinking? If it is just a bar, then you could order club soda with a splash of cranberry juice. Or just be the designated driver. If you are responsible for getting everyone home safe, you wont be able to drink.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Good idea Mimi, I am always the DD!
Closed Thread