Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #2041
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheftrish
Stats: 5'5" 178.8/171.6/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 23 2014
Thanks Junebaby, hope all is going well!

I am nervous about weighing in tomorrow. Not because I have cheated, but because nothing has worked in the last 3 years, I don't want to know so I won't give up. Does that make any sense??

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #2042
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Moxie
Stats: (5'6") 201/189.6/150
Start Date: 01/27/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
Moxie-
Hope your weigh in goes well today! Hang in if it's not 10 lbs!! Post your results- am curious to see how you do....we're kind of the same weight/height. Good luck!
Thank you! I just got home from my weigh in and to my complete and utter shock I lost 11.4 lbs! 4.6 lbs of fat (gross). I still don't feel any lighter. I guess my clothes must have been tighter than I realized...

I'm motivated for week two and I can't wait to work in the veggies and healthy fat. Now I just need to figure out how to do that without blowing it
Old 02-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #2043
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Swirveegrl
Stats: 5'4" 215.8/149.8/145
WOE: 50 carbs/day
Start Date: 2/3/11
Hi all. This is my first day on Medi. I was overwhelmed by all of the information provided at my meeting, so I came home and read my information packet. What do you guys think about the injections? I know the B12 is included every week. Do you think the B6/B1 injections is necessary 2 times a week? I bought the chocolote whey poweder. Any suggestions for making a shake?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #2044
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Junebaby
Stats: 5'9" 231.8/222.5/160
Start Date: January 18, 2011
Way to go, Moxie!!!!! That's a big WOOT WOOT for you! You're only 39 pounds away from your goal now...Awesome!

Swirveegrl, welcome! I get the B12 because it's included. I haven't gotten the B6 since the first week, and I've noticed no difference. Maybe someone else has?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #2045
Senior LCF Member

Wow! That's amazing! 11 lbs!!
I did not go for the second shot this week because of the HUGE snowstorm, but I hear that it helps you lose weight. The second shot really stung ALL DAY! I am going to get both tomorrow at my weigh in, and hopefully mid week (if there isn't another storm), because I have been dragging for the last couple of days. Does anyone know if we were allowed SF Jello the first week??
Old 02-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #2046
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katie B
Stats: 5'5" 203.5/167/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Jan.25, 2011
YAY MOXIE!!
That was a great first week!! Congrats! That was awesome and definitely a great motivator for this next week!!

Cheftrish- I thought I was allowed SF jello the first week, then after reading this thread (endlessly) it looked like others were not. I had the same question last week (my first week), so I ate a little one night only, but then was afraid to eat it again! So, to answer your question, I think it is allowed.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #2047
Senior LCF Member

SF jello

Ladies, Sugar free jello is allowed. I even bought the generic food lion 1, and it tasted good. No sugar and No carbs. I'm sure it would be cheaper to make your own at home, but I'm afraid that I will over indulge so I bought the individual serving cups. Day 1 has gone well. I haven't been hungry, or craved anything today, so I am really happy about that Congratulations Moxie on your weight loss! You are an inspiration! I really like the Zero Powerade. I had the mixed berry today.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #2048
Senior LCF Member

Sooo glad it is allowed, because I have been having two cups a day as a treat mid day.

I go in for my first weigh-in in about an hour. I am very nervous, I don't expect a huge loss, but I am hoping for 2lbs. I think I am very metabolic resistant.
Anyway, I found something called Skinny Water it's an electrolyte drink zero cals. zero sugar ZERO CARBS!!!! I didn't look too closely at my ZERO WATER my rep suggested, 4 carbs per 32 oz!
I will check back in either way.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #2049
Senior LCF Member

Well, I went in and covered my eyes when I got on the scale because I Serioulsly didn't think I had lost anything....But I am down 8lbs!!!! 3lbs FAT!!
They did not have the fat thing so I could see what it looked like (bummer, I would like to see that). I am soooo excited!!
I am now allowed 2 cups of veggies, did I hear that Sauerkraut was okay? I am still confused on the carb and fat count. The first woman I saw said this was a low fat low carb low calorie diet. Today the woman said not to count carbs as long as the protein was high, and to use the sugarfree 1/2 1/2 like coffee mate, that doesn't sound like a good choice to me. What do y'all put in your coffee? I have been having decaf with tsp's of eas shakes.
Next question, does anyone use their protein bars? They are very high in carbs (back to that carb question again), though low in calories. The EAS protein bar has 200 cal's higher fiber higher protein and 6-8 grams of fat, but only 2 carbs as opposed to 12 in the medi weightloss bars, does anyone use these? Sorry for all the questions. I would prefer not to have protein bars (I am actually a chef-and believe me this is hard!! so I prefer real food to shakes and bars, but realize they are necessary at times).
Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #2050
Junior LCF Member

Way to go, Trish! That's awesome! The fat model is DISGUSTING! You're less than 28 pounds to your goal...don't you think that's amazing!??!?!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #2051
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Junebaby! I can't believe I lost that much! I am hoping to reach my goal by the end of April. I know that as I get closer it will get slower, but I feel it is within my reach now. I am really glad this forum is here, it's helping me keep my sanity.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #2052
Senior LCF Member

Trish that's awesome! You did such a great job. To answer your question from yesterday, when I met with the Nurse Practioner yesterday, she told me not to worry about counting carbs. She said because I will be eating so few the first week, there is no need to count them. When she went over the carb count on yogurt she said stick to less than 10 carbsper serving. She also mentioned that Krogers sells a "carb smart" yogurt that is pretty good she claimed. I actually found the CHOBANI fat free plain yougurt today, and made a "mock" chocolate pudding with my MEDI chocolate whey protein powder. I used 1 cup yogurt, 1 scoop whey, 2 splenda, and 1/2 tbsp sugar free french vanilla creamer. Honestly, it didn't taste amazing, but it gave me the creamy texture and a break from meat. I used this as my dinner tonight because it was a total of 254 calories, 13.55 carbs. I've read on a few sites that ketosis is maintained with a carb level of 30-50 per day.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #2053
Junior LCF Member

The Kroger CarbMaster yogurts are wonderful...in certain flavors. The cherry and all the strawberry flavors are good. The rest have an odd flavor/texture.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #2054
Senior LCF Member

Okay, I have been thinking of all the things I make for parties that would be good app's for a medi weightloss superbowl.
Procsiutto de Parma thinly sliced w/a bit (smidge) of goat cheese wrapped around a blanched asp. spear. If you cut the Prosciutto in half lengthwise and use 1/2 tsp goat cheese (and are allowed veggies) one should be about 30 calories.
shrimp grilled with a bit of olive oil and garlic brushed on should be the amount of a regular shrimp, or you could use olive oil spray with a pump spray. you can also grill scallops with the same, very yummy.
I grill my chicken wings so they aren't slimy and that gets rid of some of the fat. And for dinner one of my favorite things is a Suzanne Somers meal. Chicken breast sauteed (you can grill) with a balsamic reduction. (just put the balamic in a pan and reduce by half. It makes an AMAZZING SAUCE!! I actually use it on strawberries too with a vanilla panna cotta, that's HOW GOOD IT IS! Or you can try a very good quality white balsamic vingar. ). Any way, once the chicken is sauteed or grilled, top it with goat cheese and put the balsamic vinegar over it. Also grilled asparagus spears are good with a littl s&P and Parma reggiano (or parmesan) sprinkled over as it cooks.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #2055
Junior LCF Member

Way to go Trish on your 8lbs!! This can't be easy for you since you're a chef! Are you surrounded all day by food?? (other than protein?)

Love your lo carb ideas...thanks for sharing!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #2056
Senior LCF Member

Isn't low carb supposed to be the rage?

Trish your appetizers sound marvelous.

Is it just me, or is low-carb not as common anymore? I remember 3-4 years ago, whenever I was grocery shopping nearly evey isle I turned touted low-carb products. I have been to 2 major grocery stores this week, and I am disappointed with their choices. I can't find a low-carb yogurt to save me life! At this point, I'm sticking to the CHOBANI fat-free. It taste gross on it's own, so adding the whey and SF coffee-mate makes it palatable. I'm in Richmond, VA so it's not as though I'm looking for these things in an out of the way town. Any suggestions would be helful, as fas as where to shop and any "acceptable" products. I'm still in week 1, (day 3 woo!hoo!) so I'm sort of planning ahead. I'm serously Jonesing for a decent yogurt, it is one of my favorite things!
By the way, the Chicken Broth seriously helps. I felt like I really wanted a hot bowl of soup on this cold rainy day. I made 2 cups of broth with a dash of Louisiana seasoning and it really warmed me up! It also helped me crave the feeling of wanting to gnosh, when I came home from work.
These 3 days have really helped me realize that a big part of my over-weight state is that I eat for comfort. When I eat it relaxes me, and makes me feel safe. Now I know people always say that's why some people over ear, but I never realized it personally until today. It was kind of like an epiphany. I never thought I ate because I had some emotional need to. I thought I ate because I was happy or really hungry. So possibly, I'm a food addict. Apparently, I have some issues that I didn't know about But I can honestly say, I haven't been HUNGRY these 3 days. I have missed coming home after a long day on my feet, sitting in the recliner and binging on a bag of chips, cookies, or whatever I can get my hands on. I'm really sharing here, and I'm wondering if any of you have had this same problem or have overcome it?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #2057
Junior LCF Member

Swirveegrl-
I have been using the Fage Fat free Greek yogurt (90 cals for 6oz,7g carbs) and I add splenda and cinnamon- it really does taste good. I do the same for cottage cheese, since I can't eat that plain either and still am not allowed fruit. I mentioned to the doctor on my appt that I ate the yogurt sparingly since it has 7 carbs, but he said it's a good source of protein and to eat it.
Even though I am in my second week, I was told to repeat Week 1, so I hear ya! I think we may miss the "act" of eating. I once was talking to someone who had bariatric surgery and couldn't eat large quantities of food, yet she was still unhappy because she "missed" being able to eat. Maybe it's not food addiction so much as habit? Maybe you can replace the "snack-ee" feeling with a cup of flavored herbal tea? or even sugar free jello? That usually does it for me; I finally got out of the eating at night once I didn't have anything "good" to eat in my house!

I have to say, I am more hungry this week than last week. I have had the chicken broth when I come home from work and still need to fix dinner; my only thing is that I am worried about the sodium(I have the low sodium version). Same thing with pickles- it's great to have one with the protein, but I am concerned about water weight. This whole thing is making me crazy- obsessing with everything I eat, since I only lost 3 lbs last week. Am a bit of a nut case over it and worried about my next weigh in on Monday, even though I have followed the program perfectly, like last week. I am actually wondering if it's my age and that my metabolism is totally slow? I am thinking everyone here is young and the weight comes off easily (as it once did for me). I am 59 years young! Is anybody my age? I would love to know if that is it? I have had such a hard time losing weight for about 7-8 years. I think my body is sick and tired of fighting my weight for all of these years...it's screaming "enough already!!"
Old 02-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #2058
Senior LCF Member

Cinnamon? YUM

Katie, thanks for your suggestion! I hadn't thought of adding cinnamon to my plain, boring greek yogurt! I'll have to hunt through the cupboard to see if I have any! I'm wondering if age does impact the diet, but my other thought is did you eat enough the first week? I've read through a lot of the boards, and people that have been successful stress the importance of drinking water, and eating enough cals? BTW thanks for the tea suggestion, I'll try that tonight, while my husband eats his bowl of Chocolate Ice Cream.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #2059
Junior LCF Member

Apparently 500 calories was not enough for me the first week and I went into starvation mode according to doc. He upped my protein calories this week to 550 and no veggies/fruit yet. I exercise most days too. I did drink all of my liquids; am doing it all over again this week and have been watching my scale at home and it is moving down a little. But, NOTHING like the weight I see others losing, not even close! That's why I think that age is a big factor. So, am going to give it my best shot- what else can I do?

BTW, you cracked me up about your husband eating chocolate ice cream....same here- my skinny husband goes through ice cream like it's going out of style!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #2060
Senior LCF Member

Ok Katie, I thought that may be the culprit. I don't know what your activity level is, but my NP put me on a minimum of 500cals-700cals. She instructed me to eat anything off of page 5. I don't know if we have the same reference guide. I'm only on day 3 but I find myself eating at least 600cals. I'm a Registered Nurse, so I am running all day long. I really need the extra 100 cals or so. You and I seem to be in the same boat with the Skinny husbands. My husband is 5'9 125lbs, NO Joke! So while my battle is to lose weight, his is to gain! We are the odd couple. When we met in 2005 I was 160 lbs, so I had him beat then. Now being almost 100lbs heavier than him, I realize that I let his eating habits take over mine. I'm hoping Medi helps me over come this battle.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #2061
Junior LCF Member

Swirveegrl-
thanks for the input re calories- this is exactly what I am thinking this week. Even though the doctor said 550 protein calories, I have a feeling that is still not going to be enough.
Have been doing strength training 3 days /wk with a trainer and then do 30 mins of treadmill and usually burn around 260 cals doing that; the other days I just do the treadmill at home- around the same calories burned. I am a librarian and am on my feet alot and walking around- so, not sedentary, but nothing like you! So, I thought on the days I exercise I would have the medi shake and not count it towards the 550.
And today I didn't exercise, but thought I'd eat 570- maybe I'll have a greek yogurt later. Am trying to change something everyday just to see what happens!
I do have the same guide as you- my page 5 is food lists and I am allowed anything on it as well. But they told me on day 1, 500 protein calories and I am seeing variations in calories allowed all over this board! How do you feel after 3 days? Feeling like you've lost?

I know why my husband is thin- he is someone who eats to live- not like me who lives to eat! He just knows portion control and he really likes bland food. If I ate exactly what he eats (except for the ice cream) I'd be thin too!! He has no idea what I weigh but he's always been supportive of my obsession with my weight (even when I was in the 120's I thought I was fat- go figure!)
It's difficult being with a partner that's so different- isn't it? I wish we could diet together. Like tonight, he wanted to go out to dinner- I am still terrified to go to a restaurant- so we ate in so I could stay on track. But, realistically- how long can I keep this up without going out to eat? Do you feel the same way?
Old 02-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #2062
Junior LCF Member

My husband is just like that! SO thin! 6' and 150. I really HATE it!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #2063
Senior LCF Member

June and Kate

I think it's so funny that all of us are over the 200lbs mark, yet all have super skinny husbands! I don't feel so alone now! lol! That's very interesting Kate that you are doing that amount of exercise, my NP advised me not to exercise for the first 2 weeks. All of our plans will be somewhat different I'm sure, because we are all different! Just like I tell my patients But it's concerning to be only consuming so little, yet exercising so much.
I'm feeling good today. I have felt well everyday, mild headache last night took 2 advil and slept like a baby! I was really getting super tired around 6pm tonight, like deathly tired. I forced myself to get up, take my last dose of pills, and made my CHOBANI yogurt. It didn't taste great, because I don't have any cinammon yet, but I felt an energy surge after I ate. I'm actually looking forward to getting my injections on Monday, hopeful for the added energy. Are you guys taking the colon cleanser daily? I am. I had a little stomach pain, excuse the TMI, like gas; but, it quickly subsided. I figured it must be the colon cleanser, because I'm not consuming any fiber or fat to speak of.
I understand what you mean about the dining out concern. We are a young couple, no kids; so, we are accustomed to eating out weekends. Some friends of ours wanted to go out tonight, but I told them we would be staying in. I too was scared to go out to eat at a restaraunt. I mean what am I going to order, afterall I'm only on day 3. So since I know I'm not in ketosis yet, I didn't want to prolong it by eating something unknowlingly laced with carbs. Another issue for me is the no alcohol. My friends and I will typically have a drink, or 2 on a Friday night especially. But I decided to play it safe, and stay at home this weekend. Thankful that my husband is a soccer fan, and not into superbowl.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #2064
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheftrish View Post
Okay, I have been thinking of all the things I make for parties that would be good app's for a medi weightloss superbowl.
Procsiutto de Parma thinly sliced w/a bit (smidge) of goat cheese wrapped around a blanched asp. spear. If you cut the Prosciutto in half lengthwise and use 1/2 tsp goat cheese (and are allowed veggies) one should be about 30 calories.
shrimp grilled with a bit of olive oil and garlic brushed on should be the amount of a regular shrimp, or you could use olive oil spray with a pump spray. you can also grill scallops with the same, very yummy.
I grill my chicken wings so they aren't slimy and that gets rid of some of the fat. And for dinner one of my favorite things is a Suzanne Somers meal. Chicken breast sauteed (you can grill) with a balsamic reduction. (just put the balamic in a pan and reduce by half. It makes an AMAZZING SAUCE!! I actually use it on strawberries too with a vanilla panna cotta, that's HOW GOOD IT IS! Or you can try a very good quality white balsamic vingar. ). Any way, once the chicken is sauteed or grilled, top it with goat cheese and put the balsamic vinegar over it. Also grilled asparagus spears are good with a littl s&P and Parma reggiano (or parmesan) sprinkled over as it cooks.
Congratulations on your first week weight loss, Trish. I'm very interested in what you've been eating and with your chef version of acute MWL meals! Please join the Energy In/Energy Out thread where you (and others) can post what you are eating daily so that you can stay accountable. Folks can get ideas there and we can learn from you too! It's a thread that has been going on for so long that some of us are in maintenance! Of course, we still view the monthly and other threads as we like too!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #2065
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirveegrl View Post
I think it's so funny that all of us are over the 200lbs mark, yet all have super skinny husbands! I don't feel so alone now! lol! That's very interesting Kate that you are doing that amount of exercise, my NP advised me not to exercise for the first 2 weeks. All of our plans will be somewhat different I'm sure, because we are all different! Just like I tell my patients But it's concerning to be only consuming so little, yet exercising so much.
I'm feeling good today. I have felt well everyday, mild headache last night took 2 advil and slept like a baby! I was really getting super tired around 6pm tonight, like deathly tired. I forced myself to get up, take my last dose of pills, and made my CHOBANI yogurt. It didn't taste great, because I don't have any cinammon yet, but I felt an energy surge after I ate. I'm actually looking forward to getting my injections on Monday, hopeful for the added energy. Are you guys taking the colon cleanser daily? I am. I had a little stomach pain, excuse the TMI, like gas; but, it quickly subsided. I figured it must be the colon cleanser, because I'm not consuming any fiber or fat to speak of.
I understand what you mean about the dining out concern. We are a young couple, no kids; so, we are accustomed to eating out weekends. Some friends of ours wanted to go out tonight, but I told them we would be staying in. I too was scared to go out to eat at a restaraunt. I mean what am I going to order, afterall I'm only on day 3. So since I know I'm not in ketosis yet, I didn't want to prolong it by eating something unknowlingly laced with carbs. Another issue for me is the no alcohol. My friends and I will typically have a drink, or 2 on a Friday night especially. But I decided to play it safe, and stay at home this weekend. Thankful that my husband is a soccer fan, and not into superbowl.

I am glad you're feeling good doing this. I feel better this week than last- had the headaches the first couple of days and haven't had once since. Re energy- last weekend(my first) I was dragging a bit and am now wondering if it was because I did not go for the extra shot mid-week (due to snowstorm). This week I did go for it and feel pretty good; still not sure since it isn't a huge difference(didn't get the extra one though). Am curious as to how you feel after you get the extra shot tomorrow. I am not taking the colon cleanse- so no feedback on that!
I still feel as if I am not eating enough. I have been weighing myself at home and it was down about 4lbs on Weds, now today it's back UP 2- how can this be? I ate 570 calories yesterday! could it be sodium from a pickle? I'm really afraid of what I am doing to my metabolism- if it was messed up before MWL, I can't imagine what's going on now. Tomorrow is my appt and if the doc says 550 is still not enough, I am going to be a little upset. How many weeks more am I going to experiment with this? Am thinking your amt of 600-700 sounds more like it, but won't do it on my own.
This is also why I chose not to exercise yesterday; I was also told not to for the first week, but my energy was good and I had just joined the gym- didn't want to start canceling the first week! This second week is an exact repeat of last week. I f I go tomorrow and only lose a pound or two, I really don't know what to do.

Maybe next week you can venture out to eat. I have already "mentally rehearsed" (Weight Watcher talk) what I'd order if I went out after Week 2- a plain salad and grilled salmon. Can you do something like that? The alcohol could be a problem so soon though. Are you afraid of the bread basket?
For a young couple, no kids this could be a serious threat to your social life
Hopefully you will be able to manage it next week! Hope you have a huge loss your first week and will have the motivation to stick to it in a restaurant!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #2066
Senior LCF Member

Keep chugging along katie

Katie, I can really imagine your frustration with the scale going up and down. I've experienced that before. As tempting as it may be, my NP @ the clinic advised not to weigh yourself at home. I was told that the scale at the clinic will often differ from your scale at home, because it is much more precise. I also know from experience, weighing yourself multiple times a week can be an emotional touge of war. We are women, we are going to be bloated sometimes, and our water weight is going to fluctuate. I think if you are sticking to your guide you are on track. Keep drinking your fluids. Remember that diet drinks and coffee serve as diuretics, so you will need to compensate with extra water for additional fluids lost; to help rid your system of bloating agents and end products of metabolism. It's so easy to get discouraged with small weight loss, but keep in mind this is weight gone not gained! Remember that often slow and steady wins the race.
I'm on the start of day 4 and still not in ketosis. At least I don't think I am, my urine possibly read trace faintly. Anyways, I'm trying not to obsess over it, because I know I am consuming significantly less and not eating the things that make me fat. I woke up this morning hungry and somewhat energy deprived. So I made my butt get out of the bed, drink my electrolytes, and took my appetite supressant. I wasn't sure if the appetite supressant was doing anything, because I haven't felt hungry until this morning. Before I could finish making my breakfast of 4 turkey bacon strips, and 1/4c egg beaters, my hunger had subsided. So, I think they definitely are working to decrease my hunger.
Katie keep your head up, remember that what you are doing is taking you to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Possibly, your metabolism is going to require extra training, but that's ok! I think a big part of being over weight is that we like instant gratification. At least, I know that I do. Patience is a virtue and hopefully as we develop it our waist lines will thank us!
I have to say that I think these message boards offer a lot of support. I'm really enjoying sharing my experiences here and find this to be a sort of support system. Trust me I know how you feel, I have yo-yo dieted since I was in elementary school. Honestly, I can't remember a time in my life that my weight has not always been a constant thought. I really want to conquer my deamon. All of us are plagued with a battle so to speak, some get alchohol, some get drugs, some get impulsive behavior. Remember that you are not alone in your quest.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #2067
Junior LCF Member

Wish I could give you a big hug right now! Thanks for the encouragement! I know what you're saying is right and this is my last resort! I guess I am just tired of constantly thinking about my weight. Wish I could be one of those who just accepts and loves herself at any weight...but that will never happen! 200 lbs is just awful. Anyway, gonna pick myself up and move on! Maybe go for a long outside walk today- supposed to go up to 34! Could use some sunshine!
The only reason I weigh myself everyday is for feedback; if I hadn't weighed myself last week and knew it would only be 3lbs, I think I would've gone berserk at the center- after reading about everyone else losing 10lbs the first week. I really thought I would too. You're right- patience is what I need! Thanks so much for the wake-up call!
BTW, my ketosis level has been trace since the day I started doing it- so don't panic yet if it doesn't get darker. I think trace is good enough.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #2068
Senior LCF Member

As per the calorie amounts, I was told 600 calories of protein, I have been going over occasionally, like around 650-700, but apparently it did not effect the weight loss. I automatically put 100 down in the morning because I know i am going to be tasting things all day. I only eat 100 or so calories at a time, and I found a great tea from Trader Joes called Red Roobios Chai that tastes absolutely DECADENT, and no caffeine, no cals!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #2069
Senior LCF Member

Katie, I try to use vinegars and high quality infused olive oils. Here is a recipe called Avgolemeno soup that usually I put some orzo in, but it tastes good without it.

12 Servings
2 1/2 quart water
1 each cornish game hen
3 eggs beaten
2 oz lemon juice
5 oz spinach chopped and squeezed dry
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper
1/8 tsp turmeric
10 bring the water to a boil in a large soup pot. Place the hens in the boiling water and cook it as a simmer for 30 min.
2) Remove the game hen to a cutting board and let cool to the touch. Strain the water through a fine cheese cloth (whatever you have at hand)and return the broth to the sopu pot.
3) bring the broth back to a boil. (add orzo at this point for others we disregard)
4) Combine the eggs, lemon juice and seasonings together in a mixing bowl and whisk well. ladle some of the hot broth into the egg mixture to temper (slowly so you don't end up with scrambled eggs)
5)after tempering the egg mixture whisk it into the hot soup.
6)Remove meat from hen and cut into small strips
7) add the meat and chopped spinach to the broth and bring soup back to a simmer (spinach may turn brown if cooked too long).
8) adjust for seasonings and serve.
Medi Weightloss version, cool broth and strain fat from top, or use low sodium STOCK not broth.
You may want to add boullion cubes to get more of a "chickeny" flavor.
I can give you a recipe for gyros that uses ground lamb (I'm on a greek food kick right now), with chobani yogurt with cucumber over salad it is really yummy!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #2070
Senior LCF Member

Katie, I know I struggle with self-image issues too! But we are all here for you!! BTW, my husband is thin too! So are my kids thankfully they inherited my husbands genes, or do not have the issues with food that I do. I am not taking the colon cleanser either because for the first three days I took it it made me break out in hives! I have been taking colace which is what my obgyn told me to take after giving birth and I was nursing, so I figure it must be safe. Hang in there! We are a sunny 40 degrees here in MA! it's a heatwave!! lol!
Closed Thread