Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #1801
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loyemarie
Stats: 5'7"~258/226.2/170
WOE: MWL
Start Date: September 8, 2010
I'd like to buy a product similar to the whey protein they sell at the clinic. I bought some EAS whey protein at BJ's and it was in my opinion. Luckily, they took it back, but I'd like to find a decent tasting one.

Suggestions?? Should I just buy the clinic stuff??

Thanks!
loyemarie

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #1802
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post
I'd like to buy a product similar to the whey protein they sell at the clinic. I bought some EAS whey protein at BJ's and it was in my opinion. Luckily, they took it back, but I'd like to find a decent tasting one.

Thanks!
loyemarie
I bought the Designer 100% Whey Protein - Vanilla at Trader Joe's and I like it. It blends easily with lots of other flavors. I usually make my shake with 1/2 scoop, plus 1/2 a carbmaster yogurt, and a little water and some ice. Yummy.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #1803
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vtoria98
Stats: 192/182/140
Start Date: Aug 26 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyemarie View Post

Thanks!
loyemarie
A lot of protein powders are hit or miss. if you like the taste you should prob stick with the Medi one, however I have heard great reviews about Optimum Nutrition and the Designer Whey as well. Protein powder is a tough one to buy since most of the time you have tobuy so freaking much of it. I personally like the EAS Carb Control powder mix in Chocolate however I am pretty sure its been discontinued since I can only find it at 1 place anymore.

Good luck whichever you choose and let us know if you buy one and like it.

Also, if you look on sites such as Coupon codes and discounts for 65,000 online stores! RetailMeNot.com, you may be able to find discounts and coupons to help with the cost.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #1804
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
I personally really love the clinic chocolate flavor, but I did find a less expensive vanilla powder that is almost identical to the Medi vanilla. It is the Publix Greenwise market brand, and I found it at our local Publix (I remember you saying you go to the Melbourne clinic, so I know you have Publix). It was in the vitamin/supplement aisle, near the EAS products in a smallish white canister. It was only about $11 for the same amount of servings the Medi product has, but is less than half the cost.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #1805
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I do indeed have many Publix stores around. Good thing about them, if I don't like it they'll take it back!

I sooooo wish we had a Trader Joes!!!!! None in Florida that I know of...

I've read on here about the Optimum brand, and a few others. We do have a Whole Foods in Orlando, so I'll check there when we're there to play at the "Mouse's house". We have passes, so are in O-town frequently.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #1806
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Divadeb
Stats: 213/192.6/150
Start Date: 9/29/10 restart 2/14/11
Another newbie

Just wanted to jump in a say hello. Started today, and happy to find a friendly place with advice and support. Also glad to see that this nasty headache will go away!

I'm committed to see this through - I'm an amateur singer, and performed at a big local venue two weeks ago. Saw the pictures and felt sad rather than proud - gawd how big I looked. All done with that, and ready to find my inner and outer goddess. I hope to make some really great progress this week. Thanks in advance for your support (yeesh, I sound like a politician!)
Old 09-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #1807
Senior LCF Member

Loyemarie- is there still that Wild Oats in Melbourne? Don't laugh, I haven't lived there in several years! They are the same as Whole Foods, if it is still there (on New Haven somewhere in Melbourne/West Melbourne). Otherwise there is that Whole Foods on Sand Lake in Orlando, close to Disney.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #1808
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Loyemarie,

Funny that you mentioned Trader Joe's...I just went on their website the other day and sent them a message to see if they had any plans for opening stores in Florida. They sent me back the following reply:

"Aloha and thank you for your interest in our stores. Emails have been flooding in with suggestions for new store locations in neighborhoods all over the U.S. We love that!

Rest assured, every email is read and your recommendation will be passed along to our real estate folks.

The best place to find new info concerning which neighborhoods we’ll be in next is the Trader Joe’s Locations page at http://www.traderjoes.com/static/find_a_tjs.asp

We hope to see you soon!

Mahalo (thanks)"

Maybe if enough people from FL email them, they'll open some stores down here!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #1809
Junior LCF Member

Msawhitt - I am sad to report that Wild Oats has been closed for a few years. I can't remember what's in there now, but I really used to like that store! There's a health food store in Cape Canaveral called Sunseed Co-op that's kind of a mini version. But, like I said before, we're in O-town once a week and I love WF!!! However, I can understand why some people call it "Whole Paycheck"!

Divadeb - The first week is hard, but you can do it!! And the results of all that hard work will be worth it. Make sure you read the first thread for newbies - lots of helpful info.

Yankee - Let's flood TJ with emails!!! I emailed them once a few years ago, and they wrote back that they didn't have suppliers close enough to Florida?? Something like that. Well, I'll tell them I'll have my paycheck on direct deposit to them if they'd open a TJ here!

Last edited by loyemarie; 09-29-2010 at 07:14 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #1810
Senior LCF Member

Omigosh....love Sunseed! One of the founders of the co-op is the father of a kid I used to drum with, "back in the day" : ) Melbourne really needs to get with the program, they rely on Orlando too much! I actually grew up in Palm Bay, right off the Palm Bay road exit, except NONE of that shopping plaza was there before I left! At the time the land was being inspected by Six Flags for a potential Florida theme park, believe it or not!

Well, good thing you are in Orlando once a week...Orlando has everything! Except a Trader Joes of course, I envy those who have them. The guys in the Hawaiian shirts that work there just look so cool...

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 09-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #1811
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Yes indeed, Trader Joe's is a huge favorite of mine...and it is actually within walking distance from me.

I get many of my weekly groceries there.

Jo
Old 10-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #1812
Junior LCF Member

Well I'm on day three, and feeling much better. Had a pretty bad headache the first day, but getting better at time goes on. Not having many issues with hunger, which is a relief, as I was worried about that. I'm finding as the days go by that I'm less hungry, which is making the low calorie count pretty easy.

Got my booster shot this morning on the way in - clinic is super convenient to work, which helps a lot. Everyone was very nice and friendly, although I did have to wait a little, but she apologized and for me it was just less time I had to spend at work!

Maybe it's in my head, but I already feel a little thinner! In the past I have always "felt" weight loss before I've seen it on the scale... so here's hoping! But my jeans feel just a tiny bit looser...
Old 10-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #1813
Junior LCF Member

I added a profile pic - that's me on the right, singing at a benefit at Symphony Hall in Boston. Pretty amazing night, but I'm looking forward to donating that outfit when it becomes too big!!!

(oops, photo didn't load!!!)

Last edited by Divadeb; 10-01-2010 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: referenced non-existant picture!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #1814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
Start Date: 09/21/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Yes indeed, Trader Joe's is a huge favorite of mine...and it is actually within walking distance from me.

I get many of my weekly groceries there.
Do you (or anyone else) have a list of the things you buy at Trader Joes?

Back when I did WW, there was a Trader Joe's list of point-friendly foods that were in the store and it was SO helpful! TJ's has a list at their store of gluten free foods, kosher and the like, but nothing for low carb.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #1815
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divadeb View Post
Well I'm on day three, and feeling much better. Had a pretty bad headache the first day, but getting better at time goes on. Not having many issues with hunger, which is a relief, as I was worried about that. I'm finding as the days go by that I'm less hungry, which is making the low calorie count pretty easy.

Got my booster shot this morning on the way in - clinic is super convenient to work, which helps a lot. Everyone was very nice and friendly, although I did have to wait a little, but she apologized and for me it was just less time I had to spend at work!

Maybe it's in my head, but I already feel a little thinner! In the past I have always "felt" weight loss before I've seen it on the scale... so here's hoping! But my jeans feel just a tiny bit looser...
Divadeb ~ and may I say that's a VERY impressive avatar you have!! Sounds like you're doing well on your first week... and I'll bet you ARE thinner, and before you know it, your jeans will be quite baggy. Glad you're here with us!
Old 10-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #1816
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
As far as a list, no, I do not have one. I just use my clinic's list of approved foods and chose from those at Trader's. Their almonds are great, and Laughing Cow is usually less than other stores. I like their electrolyte enhanced water and it is less $$$ than Smartwater.
Their produce is good too. Just use the list and you will find the goods!

Jo
Old 10-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #1817
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ericak44
Stats: 189/180/ size 10
Start Date: 10/1/10- restart 5/29/12
Freezing

Anyone else have problems with temperature regulation during week 1? I am freezing one minute and breaking out in sweats the next. Very unlike me.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #1818
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: YankeeMom27
Stats: 181/156.8/145
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: restart 03/29/13
Ericak44,

I had the same problem with chills and then breaks of sweating for the 1st few weeks...never thought much about it though and I haven't had it since. Maybe I'll ask my clinic at my next weigh-in if there is any correlation to the medi-plan
Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #1819
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Ericka and Heather - I'm wondering if it's a part of "carb withdrawals" as we make our bodies adjust to no longer getting a serotonin "fix." It will be interesting to hear what Heather's clinic says.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #1820
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diertac
Stats: 196.6/167.2/155
Start Date: 09/21/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
Anyone else have problems with temperature regulation during week 1? I am freezing one minute and breaking out in sweats the next. Very unlike me.
The only time I had this was when I was severely dehydrated during week one after exercising. Are you making sure to drink 16 ounces of a zero calorie electrolyte drink? Thinking it might be possible your electrolytes are out of whack, if you're either dehydrated -or- if you're drinking too much water?
Old 10-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #1821
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericak44 View Post
Well, it's been strange for me - I've always been on the "warm" side, but since losing my first few pounds, I've been easily chilled... maybe it's from losing all that insulating fat! Thinking back, though, I felt the way you're feeling my first week... I guess it's like going through withdrawal.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #1822
Junior LCF Member

Thanks AnnK! It was a cancer fundraiser a couple of weeks ago - all amateur performers. Plans are underway for next year, and I'm looking forward to getting back on that big stage, but next time in a *little* black dress!!!

Day 7 and still going strong! The weekend was hard - a lot harder than I thought it would be. I went to a party on Saturday and there was a ton of delicious food and drink. BUT, I brought a giant bottle of Powerade Zero and a bag of turkey pepperoni, and made it through. I stayed outside when the pasta (etc) came out of the oven, but did have to wander in when it started to get cold. But honestly, I didn't crave any of it.

I saw a bunch of people yesterday afternoon and several people told me that I look great. One woman asked me if I had lost weight - she said my face was definitely thinner. I've noticed some subtle changes, but I didn't think it was anything that anyone else would see. I've got a long way to go, but the little affirmations really help a lot!

I'll also be interested to hear about the temperature regulation question. I haven't had any trouble in that regard, but I do drink a lot of Powerade Zero. Would be good to know if that plays a role.

Weigh in tomorrow. It's an odd feeling to be looking forward to getting on the scale!

Last edited by Divadeb; 10-05-2010 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #1823
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Well, it's been strange for me - I've always been on the "warm" side, but since losing my first few pounds, I've been easily chilled... maybe it's from losing all that insulating fat! Thinking back, though, I felt the way you're feeling my first week... I guess it's like going through withdrawal.
Ann - I was ALWAYS on the warm side, sweating when others were cool...now, I'm freezing!!! With the weather turning cool here, I am always cold. My husband definitely tells me its from the loss of "insulation"...I like to tell him that its much easier to put on a sweater than have to lose weight again!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #1824
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Ann - I was ALWAYS on the warm side, sweating when others were cool...now, I'm freezing!!! With the weather turning cool here, I am always cold. My husband definitely tells me its from the loss of "insulation"...I like to tell him that its much easier to put on a sweater than have to lose weight again!
You sound EXACTLY like me that way ~ what a change, and my hubby told me the same thing! I don't care, it's kind of cozy to put on warmer clothes... AND I don't want to find that weight I lost & have to lose it again either!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #1825
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lpgn@FL
Stats: 164/143.5/140
WOE: MEDI
Start Date: 10/6/2010
Today I have my initail consultation. I am kind fo nervous about it but excited at the same time. This is the 1st day of the journey.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #1826
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpgn@FL View Post
Today I have my initail consultation. I am kind fo nervous about it but excited at the same time. This is the 1st day of the journey.
and do come here often to share your successes (there will be plenty!) and your frustrations (maybe a few ). You will find lots of help and support here during and after your journey toward your goal weight. You can do this!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #1827
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pitt788
Stats: 299/245/135
Start Date: 9/22/2010
Hi everyone,

I just had my second weigh in - a total loss of 15lbs in 2 weeks! This program is amazing and the info on this board is priceless

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #1828
Junior LCF Member

I had my first weigh in at 7.8 pounds. Very excited to see progress right away. Got some great advice that I'm looking forward to applying, and I'm hopeful that next week's numbers will be good too!!! These boards are really great - lots of support and advice. So glad to have an understanding and supportive group through this journey!!! Thank you all for all the honest and sincere posts... they really, really help.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:00 AM   #1829
Junior LCF Member

So I've been struggling with headaches since I started Medi - actually I had a mild headache for a couple of days before I started. Chocked it up to carb withdrawal, and it's gotten better but it hasn't gone away entirely. Turns out it has little to do with Medi - went to the dentist yesterday and found out that I need a root canal!!! Although I'm not looking forward to the procedure, I'm glad to know that there is a very specific and cureable reason for the mild pain, and that it isn't tied to my WOE.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #1830
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dameron2
Start Date: October 1, 2010
First week results

Hi everyone, I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 8.8 lbs. I followed the diet exactly. I did a similar diet two years ago - lost 22 lbs. and maintained until February and since then I have gained back about 12lbs. This time I want to ensure I know how to get back on track when I get off. Medi seems to have more food choices than what I did before so I feel this will be reasonable to stick to. I am going to lose five more pounds than goal so I have some wiggle room as I move into maintenance. I really want to hear about people who have had long term success.
Closed Thread