Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Thank you Susie and McBoo! I shall check out the Vitamin Shoppe since there is one close by and I think Walgreens has Nature's Bounty also..much appreciated!

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CapeReamer
Stats: 196/
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Diet
Start Date: June 2009
Medi didn't mention having chicken broth - you can really add that your first week??
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Absolutely! And you can add chicken or shrimp to it so it is like a soup!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bksfinest
Stats: (5'0") 157/152/146/143/144/141/138 !120!
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 28, 2009
Well tomorrow is my first weigh in and I am so nervous. I have been drinking water, eating my calories and trying to stay at 500 but for some reason it adds up to 480-490 some days. My doctor told me not to work out this week so that my body get used to the pills. I've been logging everything and staying on track. I want to believe that I lost some weight, but I dont feel it. I dont know what I am going to do if I did not lose any weight.

Is is bad to drink the EAS shakes everyday? The french vanilla is pretty good

Well MWL friends.. wish me luck

Last edited by bksfinest; 06-03-2009 at 02:55 PM..
Old 06-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bksfinest View Post
Well tomorrow is my first weigh in and I am so nervous. I have been drinking water, eating my calories and trying to stay at 500 but for some reason it adds up to 480-490 some days. My doctor told me not to work out this week so that my body get used to the pills. I've been logging everything and staying on track. I want to believe that I lost some weight, but I dont feel it. I dont know what I am going to do if I did not lose any weight.

Is is bad to drink the EAS shakes everyday? The french vanilla is pretty good

Well MWL friends.. wish me luck
You will do fine. Based on what you posted you should have a good weightloss, but don't listen to me... be prepared to be surprised tomorrow. I guarantee that tomorrow night you will be singing a different tune. If not, you will be the first.

Susie
Old 06-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
You will do fine. Based on what you posted you should have a good weightloss, but don't listen to me... be prepared to be surprised tomorrow. I guarantee that tomorrow night you will be singing a different tune. If not, you will be the first.

Susie
I agree... You will be surprised at weigh-in.

McBoo
Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
My best advice for week one is not to take anything on an empty stomach. I got sick the first few days, but once I started taking everything with a little food, I feel MUCH better! No more nausea!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bksfinest
Stats: (5'0") 157/152/146/143/144/141/138 !120!
Start Date: May 28, 2009
Moving on to week 2!

Well just got back from the clinic and I lost 5lbs I was looking for more pounds, but I was happy because if it wasn't for following directions of MWL and doing my own thing I probably would have gained that 5lbs instead of losing. I'm hoping that I can keep losing the weight. Now that I can add vegetable in my diet i what to do.

Does MWL have an eating out list? I want to go to Olive Garden, but I just dont really know what I such be getting. I was thinking about the salmon with veggies or olive oil and eating half of it with a cup of salad. It sounds right but I'm not too sure.

Well thank you all for the motivation that was highly needed. I guess now I can meet with everyone in the Jumping June forum... see ya there.

To the week 1 newbies, keep up the great work. It will pay off! I know the first week is a ball of mess and depression, but stick to it. YOU CAN DO IT
Old 06-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2Lose
Stats: 5'8" 329/218/175
Start Date: May 23, 2009
Halfway Through Week 2

I am so glad to find a forum like this....especially that I am new to this. I started MWL Sat May 23rd. I drive 80 miles one way to the clinic, so I am obviously pretty serious about it! I survived Week 1 (day 2-3 was awful) and lost 11.3 pounds my first week. I have about 150 pounds to lose :blush: but know I have to start the journey somewhere!

Since I am out here on my own in the middle of Kansas, I am very pleased to have stumbled onto this board. I was feeling very low here on Day 13, called the clinic and chickened out talking to them about it, so the call became a "I need to change my appointment time" call! I am on boards for other hobbies so I went searching for Medi Support!

That's the long and short of how I got here! I look forward to success on this program. I have spent the last 2 hours reading posts and just decided to jump in!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyPelinore
So more update from yesterday, I was so tired I only posted the weigh in results...

My BP went from terrible on the first visit..123/92 to slightly better the second....120/85 to REALLY GOOD this week! 110/62! I'm really glad, because this means all the excess cortisol from the adrenal tumor is gone! I'm so, so excited about getting healthier!

Keep up the good work, guys...we're gettin' 'er done. :P
~Anda
Old 06-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2Lose View Post
I am so glad to find a forum like this....especially that I am new to this. I started MWL Sat May 23rd. I drive 80 miles one way to the clinic, so I am obviously pretty serious about it! I survived Week 1 (day 2-3 was awful) and lost 11.3 pounds my first week. I have about 150 pounds to lose :blush: but know I have to start the journey somewhere!

Since I am out here on my own in the middle of Kansas, I am very pleased to have stumbled onto this board. I was feeling very low here on Day 13, called the clinic and chickened out talking to them about it, so the call became a "I need to change my appointment time" call! I am on boards for other hobbies so I went searching for Medi Support!

That's the long and short of how I got here! I look forward to success on this program. I have spent the last 2 hours reading posts and just decided to jump in!
Hi there and !
Where in Kansas are you? We have a terrific member from Kansas in our group and he is truly an inspiration to us all! Come on over to the June thread and introduce yourself to all of us! And I can understand the drive....my round trip is a little over 90 miles...and I AM alone out here in Arizona..but you know, it really doesn't matter because we are all in this together!

Jo
Old 06-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

~Anda~I am so proud of you! YAY!!!

Jo
Old 06-06-2009, 05:57 AM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissRia
Stats: 149/144/125
Start Date: June 4, 2009
Really nervous!!

I just started the Medi-Weightloss program. I'm on my 2nd day, and it's a little scary! I feel like it is just a never ending battle... I tried and didn't succeed at Weight Watchers. Became more and more discouraged because I was always hearing what great success so many people had on the WW program and here I was with my weight fluctuating throughout and ended up weighing more than when I started. So what was my problem?! Why can't I do this??

So here I am...extremely frustrated and depressed about my weight but needing desperately to do something so I decided to try Medi-Weightloss. Why not try 1 more program??....in hopes that this will be the one for me

I went to the clinic June 4th, received my shots, did the tests and left feeling excited but honestly, a little overwhelmed with my packet and bag of pills.

Nervous about not succeeding but trying to stay positive and take 1 baby step at a time, I officially started the following day. I struggled with some of those pills, had breakfast and packed my snacks and lunch for the day. Wasn't hungry all day! The only negitive was my pounding headache. I took motrin (which they said was ok) and drank a ton of water throughout the day. My headache adventually went away and I must say I had a good 1st day. And thought, "I CAN DO THIS!!!"...until I ended up going to bed feeling hungry and woke up starving! It was hard for me to even wait that 1/2 hour to eat, after taking the prescription.

So here I am on my 2nd day (feeling hungry) and I'm trying not to think about it. Yesterday may have been easier because I was distracted with work (I'm a PreK Teacher) although I should take this time to give myself props, we had a staff birthday and of course there was a cake in the teachers room AND I had these yummy-looking, chocolate smelling brownies IN MY classroom (a child brought them in for his Bday)...AND I did not have any of it, not even a little taste! I surprisingly was not tempted!

Ok, so after all my rambling....basically my question at the moment is:

How important is it for me to take the Calcium 4 Blend and Vita Super pills?

Although I know deep down they are important I can't seem to get them down. Sadly and embarrassingly I have difficulty swallowing pills and those are just a little too big, I couldn't do it today. Will this affect my weightloss and/or my health?
Old 06-06-2009, 06:54 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
I assume that the vitamins are very important. With as few calories and only protein the first week, our bodies need those extra vitamins to stay healthy. I would take the appetite suppressant as soon as you get up and take it with food. Have you tried a pill splitter for the Calcium pill? I gag sometimes when I take them too. I use crystal light lemonade or raspberry tea and take a giant gulp as I swallow the pill. You will figure it out. And at the end of the first week and you have lost a considerable amount of weight it will all be worth it. I too failed at WW but I have to say this is the best I have ever done on any program. Stick with it, it takes some tweaking for everyone to figure out what works for them, everyone is different but if followed you will have loads of weight loss. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:56 AM   #165
Junior LCF Member

Thanks! I will try a pill cutterand hopefully I can get passed it
Old 06-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MEDIMIMI
Start Date: Starting over 1/29/10
Hang in there Miss RIA! It gets better! I am at the end of week one, I start my week 2 on Monday. I don't weigh in until Thursday, but I feel much better. I had to stop taking the calcium because it was really bothering my stomach A LOT. I am going to pick up some Oscal while I am out and use that instead.

I think the vitamins are important though because if you buy normal vitamins at the store, theya re geared towards people who eat a normal diet, and we are on a calorie restrictive so we need more of each nutrient (I would imagine anyway)
Old 06-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Hi all...I have been reading this message board for over a week now and started MWL today. I had my appointment yesterday and started this morning! So far so good. I have a minor headache but not horrible. I am really not that hungry but usually dont drink that much water so I am forcing myself to drink it all. I am at 60oz for the day so far. Thanks for all the encouragement and great ideas this site has!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Welcome to all the newbies!!!

Ria- My clinic did not give me calcium pills at all! And I had a lot of trouble with the vitamins too (they upset my stomach BAD). I had another multivitamin that I had been taking so they approved that for me. You may want to talk to them about it.

Also, you do not necessarily have to take the pills and wait to eat. I could not do that (I vomited them up several times) because I can't deal with pills on an empty stomach. So I take mine with my meals and I'm doing great. Lost 26.4lbs already.

kate- Welcome! Have you had any caffiene today? That might be part of it.. if you're used to it and then cut it out, you will have a wicked headache. Hang in there!

For all of you who are new, be brave and post your stats in your profile! You just click on "User Control Panel" and then "Edit Profile" on the left. There's a place to enter them there. It's scary to admit what you weigh and how much you have to lose, but you'll find that on this board we have people who have just a little to lose and people who have a whole lot to lose, but we celebrate everyone's victories

Welcome again!

Mommy to THREE sweeties, ages 4(g), 3(g), and 8 months(b)!

Lost 100 pounds on Medi in 2009! Gained it back during bedrest for a high-risk pregnancy Restart: January 2012!!

Week 1: -12.8 pounds
Month 1: -20.6 pounds
Month 2: -16.8 pounds
Old 06-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Well day 1 is over for me...yeah! I did not have any coffee today and I usually do. That was probably part of the headache. But I kept really busy and did good. I am excited and journaled everything! I had a turkey burger and fage yogurt for dinner. The fage yogurt is not what I expected and was hard to get down. I ended up putting a packet of spelda in to eat it and that was managable. I ate 510 calories (am supposed to be between 500-650 the Dr said. So I am pleased. Best of luck to all the other newbies out there and thanks to all the others for the great ideas and motivation.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katew1129 View Post
Well day 1 is over for me...yeah! I did not have any coffee today and I usually do. That was probably part of the headache. But I kept really busy and did good. I am excited and journaled everything! I had a turkey burger and fage yogurt for dinner. The fage yogurt is not what I expected and was hard to get down. I ended up putting a packet of spelda in to eat it and that was managable. I ate 510 calories (am supposed to be between 500-650 the Dr said. So I am pleased. Best of luck to all the other newbies out there and thanks to all the others for the great ideas and motivation.
~Kate~There you go! Day 1 over and done with! Good for you!
I have my one cup of coffee every morning, and have throughout the program. And I have been okay. Once you are out of week one, Kroger's has a "Carb Master" yogurt that is okay as there are only 4 carbs in it. I have that occasionally as a little treat! Stay true to your week one protocol and you will have good results. Make sure you get all your water in and that will help with the headache as well. I live out here in Arizona so getting my water in is never an issue! Not only does it fill you up, it helps the process along by aiding the flushing of the "bad stuff" (carbs and sugar) from your system.

And to the group!

Jo
Old 06-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #171
Junior LCF Member

Mommy-2-girls.....Thanks!! My next appointment is thurs but I'm going into the clinic tomorrow for my MIC shot so I think I'll take your advice & see if I'm able to take a different multivitamin. Thanks again!
Old 06-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Hi....Would anyone be able to tell me how often I'm suppose to do those Ketone Sticks? I was told to do it first thing in the morning of my 4th day BUT now am I suppose to keep doing it every day...every 4th day...OR every week/month??
Old 06-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Ria- Once you know you are in ketosis, I don't know that there's a hard rule. I am kind of a POAS-aholic (pee on a stick-aholic) from my trying-to-get-pregnant days! So I test way more than I need to, at least daily. But I think every few days as long as you stick to the diet should be OK. HTH!!
Old 06-09-2009, 03:50 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2Lose
Stats: 5'8" 329/218/175
Start Date: May 23, 2009
I "dip the stick" daily for 2 reasons. One because there is a place in our journal on every day to record. And two, because I am a label reader... and the label on the box or bottle somewhere said they were"good" for 90 days after opening and since there were 100 in there, I figured I was supposed to do daily. BUT I am only on Day 18, so am a total newbie here!
Old 06-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
The journal says everyday so I have been doing it every morning. Also, even in following the diet, there could be certain things that you may eat that could move you out of ketosis, by testing every morning it could help in finding the culprit. I have heard some people can't eat strawberries. It's a good way to keep track. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #176
Junior LCF Member

Thanks everyone! & yes I do remember reading that they expire. So I will "dip" again tomorrow morning

Thanks so much!! You are all extremely helpful! I love this site and all your advice, tips, ideas, & opinions! I'm glad I came across this site. Everyone seems so supportive & patient.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: brishe
Stats: 148/141/125 goal
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/10/09
Hello.

Had my first visit on 6/9/09. Started week 1 today. Not too bad, but it's only day 1. I'm a little nervous about what to truly expect - I weigh 148 now and would like to lose 23-25 lbs. What is realistic loss for week 1? (assuming of course I follow it to a T).

Anyone else on this board in Fort Myers?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:48 AM   #178
Junior LCF Member

Hi brishe,

Congrats on starting the program! I'm not sure about the amount of weight you should lose weekly (so many people I this site, I noticed have lost 10+ lbs their first week but since your goal is in the near future I would say maybe 2-3 lbs/week (but again I'm not really sure)

I'm in the same boat as you I just started on the 4th and I must say my 1st week was tough at times but not what I thought at all...I was able to make it through. I have a sweet and salty tooth, always picking or grazing, emotional eater and sometimes eating for absolutley no reason at all so..if I can do it then YOU definitely can too!

But I go tonight to weigh-in and I'm hoping I lose...I can't see how I couldn't have since my calorie intake obviously dropped drastically!

We shall see how I do

Good Luck to you - stick with it
Old 06-11-2009, 04:59 AM   #179
Junior LCF Member

ok, now my question to those succeeding....

I have been following the food list for week 1, been drinking a lot of water (64-96oz per day) and the only major struggle has been with the vita super and sometimes the calcium pills.

So....WHY is my mouth sooo dry & just disgusting?? Is that normal...is it because of the lack of pills....is it because I'm in Ketosis....do i need more water intake?? Will this go away?
Old 06-11-2009, 05:07 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRia View Post
ok, now my question to those succeeding....

I have been following the food list for week 1, been drinking a lot of water (64-96oz per day) and the only major struggle has been with the vita super and sometimes the calcium pills.

So....WHY is my mouth sooo dry & just disgusting?? Is that normal...is it because of the lack of pills....is it because I'm in Ketosis....do i need more water intake?? Will this go away?

According to the materials I have for the acute phase you should be trying to drink as close to 128oz of water per day.

You may want to re-read your materials.

McBoo
Closed Thread