Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #1741
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymommy05 View Post
Hi my name is Tammy and I started Tue. I went in for my consultation on Monday and started Tue. Here is a little about me. I was always super thin my whole life and always had trouble keeping weight on. The Sept. 13,2004 I was in a 5 car pile up. I was at a stop light on my way to work when out of no where a SUV slammed into the car behind me it slammed into me and went under my car and so on. I was out of work and in physical therapy for several months. In a three month time I gained 45 lbs. My parents live out of town and did not see me through out this time and when I saw them at the holidays they did not recognize me! I had just started dating my boyfriend (now husband). So I started to try and lose weight when I found out that I was pregnant. Long story short I now have two beautiful daughters and a super supportive husband and very over weight! At age 33.5 I weighed 135/140lbs and now after almost 6 years I weigh 208. I very out of shape and I hate that I do not have the energy to play with my children that I have always wanted.
So I started Tue and a friend of mine now went yesterday and started today. I feel that I am lucky to have a friend here doing it with me but I would love to talk to others about their progress. This week has had it's ups and downs. I am fine throughout the day but by dinner time I am soooo hungry. With having two daughters under 4 I stay busy but after the pool or something I am so Hungary. I spoke to Medi and they told me if I have to I can go up to 600 or even 700 cal. if needed. I am trying to stay as close to 500 but after a busy day with the kids I will have a little more.
Good luck on your journey. This seems to be a super friendly board and support group. I am on 700 cal a day and at times I find it hard to make it to 700. We can all do this and yea for our support network!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #1742
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: susie-q
Stats: 5'10" 149.5/143.0/135
WOE: Medi-Weightloss Clinic
Start Date: September 09,2010
First day done

I'm a Newbie and just finished my first day on the acute diet.

So far so good... but I do have a couple of questions...

1. What if I don't eat 500 calories? I'm short 100 calories...

2. Is Breakstone's Low Fat Cottage Cheese allowed on the acute diet? The reason I ask, is because it has 2 gr of sugar...

I know some of you are probably asking why I joined Medi-Weightloss Clinics with only 15 lbs to lose? I have been battling the same 10 -15 lbs for the last 4 years and I don't want to keep gaining weight before I do something about it. I mean at what point do you do something to get the weight under control, when I'm 30 lbs over weight? So now it's time to get serious about my weight.

I'm so excited about the program! I have 2 friends that are successful with the program, one has been on it for a year, the other friend just went on Maintenance... I too know I will be successful on this program.

So, here goes!!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #1743
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: afunfish
Stats: 203/158/150 5"8
WOE: Medi - Acute Phase
Hi everyone, just had my first visit today, and will be starting tomorrow. I feel very positive about the program and how supportive everyone at the clinic was.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #1744
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancole99 View Post

2. Is Breakstone's Low Fat Cottage Cheese allowed on the acute diet? The reason I ask, is because it has 2 gr of sugar...

I know some of you are probably asking why I joined Medi-Weightloss Clinics with only 15 lbs to lose? I have been battling the same 10 -15 lbs for the last 4 years and I don't want to keep gaining weight before I do something about it. I mean at what point do you do something to get the weight under control, when I'm 30 lbs over weight? So now it's time to get serious about my weight.

I'm so excited about the program! I have 2 friends that are successful with the program, one has been on it for a year, the other friend just went on Maintenance... I too know I will be successful on this program.

So, here goes!!!!
Welcome Susan! 15 lbs. is still weight to lose and yes you CAN do it! As for your question on the calories, my clinic highly suggests staying around what your allotment is or going over a little more than staying under. Does that make sense?

As for the cottage cheese, my clinic did not allow it until week 2. BTW, how many net carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber) does the breakstone LF cottage cheese have?

Good luck!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #1745
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afunfish View Post
Hi everyone, just had my first visit today, and will be starting tomorrow. I feel very positive about the program and how supportive everyone at the clinic was.
Good luck on your journey too. I love how supportive everyone has been to me as well!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #1746
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:

So, here goes!!!!

You really should make sure to get at least 500 calories each day, otherwise you body could go into "starvation mode" and you will retain weight. My clinic stressed this to me throughout the program, especially when you don't have that much weight to lose.
Cottage cheese should be allowed as of week 2 (ask just in case) but my clinic only allowed one serving per day or that or one serving per day of Carb Master or Dannon Carb Control yogurt due to the higher carb/sugar counts. I ate both of those things successfully and had good losses. Good luck, you'll love this program.

maintenance
Old 09-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #1747
Junior LCF Member

Hi think-skinny,
Thank you for answering my questions about the 500 calories (a must) and about the Breakstone's cottage cheese... about the cottage cheese, the net carbs are "5". I need to call my clinic... cottage cheese is on the 1st week acute diet... and 5 carbs sounds high to me

Hi Charlene,
Thank you for the information! I'm really confused about the cottage cheese... I will check with the clinic to see if it's ok... I don't like fish/seafood so I was hoping that the cottage cheese would be my saving grace and to substitute it for the fish.

I am new to blogging, I love this!! everyone is soooooo supportive and great ideas!

thanks again to both of you!

Susie
Old 09-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #1748
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:

So, here goes!!!!
Welcome to all the newbies!!

Hey Susan ~ Yes, you definitely will succeed on this program - I can tell by your positive attitude! Good for you, joining up while you have so "little" to lose... 'cause, altho this is a weight loss program, it's mostly a "way of eating" or "way of life," so that we can maintain the healthiest body possible for life. Personally, my initial goal is to lose 25 lbs; after 7 weeks, I've lost 18 & I feel great. The only downfall is that you'll find you very quickly that your clothes just get too big! But that's a good problem, right? I haven't shopped much yet, since I want to save my money for when I'm done losing .
Old 09-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #1749
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Welcome to all the newbies!!

Hey Susan ~ Yes, you definitely will succeed on this program - I can tell by your positive attitude! Good for you, joining up while you have so "little" to lose... 'cause, altho this is a weight loss program, it's mostly a "way of eating" or "way of life," so that we can maintain the healthiest body possible for life. Personally, my initial goal is to lose 25 lbs; after 7 weeks, I've lost 18 & I feel great. The only downfall is that you'll find you very quickly that your clothes just get too big! But that's a good problem, right? I haven't shopped much yet, since I want to save my money for when I'm done losing .
Thanks Ann for the welcome and for the kind words!
Congratulations on a job well done thus far! what a great feeling that your clothes are too big!! you are so right about changing our ways of eating and ways of life! so far so good... funny how I'm not even hungry or craving sweets and it's only been 2 days!!
Have a great weekend!!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #1750
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afunfish View Post
Welcome afunfish!
So, how are you doing today?? so far so good?? I hope so!
I just started the diet yesterday and I'm doing great so far!
have a great weekend and best of luck to you!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #1751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: richmanlopez
medi new member question

Hello Medi Friends:

This is day 3 for me. I am so blessed to have found out about this program!
I have a couple of questions.

After week one are we supposed to stay in ketosis?
Do shiritake noodles affect ketosis or weightloss? Are they really zero calories and carbs like they say on package? Can I eat them all the time after week 1?

Is it normal that I feel a bit weak and do not have much mental energy or thinking power? I have not taken the appetite suppressants yet and do not have any hunger! That is a first.

I so look forward to this journey.

Samantha
Old 09-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #1752
Junior LCF Member

day 2 is done...
has anyone experianced the hiccups during their first week... I have had the hiccups 6 times today and yesterday... what's up with that??
lovin this journey so far!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #1753
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stephanie16
Stats: 214/174/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 09/02/2010
Hello Everyone!

I lost 8.5 lbs the first week!! I was so relieved and even shed a tear or two! Thank you everyone for the posts that keep me going!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #1754
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kelly4me
Stats: Lost 53 pounds 2010, Restart 2013
WOE: MWL in 2010, Low Carb 2013
Start Date: 8/27/2010, 10/22/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie-q View Post
day 2 is done...
has anyone experianced the hiccups during their first week... I have had the hiccups 6 times today and yesterday... what's up with that??
lovin this journey so far!!!
I don't have hiccups, but I am burping far more than I ever have. I'm thinking that it must be something with all the pills because it's happening even when I've barely eaten anything.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #1755
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie16 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I lost 8.5 lbs the first week!! I was so relieved and even shed a tear or two! Thank you everyone for the posts that keep me going!!

Have a great weekend!
Congrats, Stephanie! What a great way to start!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #1756
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vtoria98
Stats: 192/182/140
Start Date: Aug 26 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly4me View Post
I don't have hiccups, but I am burping far more than I ever have. I'm thinking that it must be something with all the pills because it's happening even when I've barely eaten anything.
I had the same problem in week 1, thankfully it seems to have gone away but man it was really annoying.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #1757
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats, Stephanie! What a great way to start!
Kelly...

How did your second week go?? Hope all is well...
Old 09-15-2010, 04:53 AM   #1758
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie16 View Post
Kelly...

How did your second week go?? Hope all is well...
My second week was a real challenge! I was out of state with my college suite mate and her two sons for four days. I wasn't able to schedule an appointment for week 2. I weigh in this Friday - technically it'll be my week 3 weigh-in. I'm actually excited for it! I've never ever been excited to step on a scale, especially not in front of somebody else!

How are you doing, Stephanie?
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #1759
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: neneRN
Stats: 5'1", 149/125.4/115-120
WOE: lMedi Weight Loss
Start Date: Restart 12/03/13
Quote:

So, here goes!!!!
I'm looking to lose 15-20 pounds as well; I've gradually gained it over the last year steadily and didn't want to gradually keep gaining...so decided to do something about it now. Yesterday was my third week weigh-in and have lost 10.1 lbs so far! Good luck
Old 09-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #1760
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Hi think-skinny,
Thank you for answering my questions about the 500 calories (a must) and about the Breakstone's cottage cheese... about the cottage cheese, the net carbs are "5". I need to call my clinic... cottage cheese is on the 1st week acute diet... and 5 carbs sounds high to me

Hi Charlene,
Thank you for the information! I'm really confused about the cottage cheese... I will check with the clinic to see if it's ok... I don't like fish/seafood so I was hoping that the cottage cheese would be my saving grace and to substitute it for the fish.

I am new to blogging, I love this!! everyone is soooooo supportive and great ideas!

thanks again to both of you!

Susie
My clinic gave a menu for the week 1 and it listed LF or NF cottage cheese at least 5 times (amounts ranged from 3/4 of cup to 1/2 cup) during the week. I did eat it since I love that for breakfast and got into ketosis on the 4th day as I should have. I continued to eat cottage cheese in the following months, 4-5 times a week and was losing weight. These are my 2 cents.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #1761
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neneRN View Post
I'm looking to lose 15-20 pounds as well; I've gradually gained it over the last year steadily and didn't want to gradually keep gaining...so decided to do something about it now. Yesterday was my third week weigh-in and have lost 10.1 lbs so far! Good luck
Great job!!
I had my first weigh-in today... I lost 6.5 lbs and 1lb of fat!!
I'm a happy girl!!
Good luck to you on this journey!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #1762
Junior LCF Member

1st weigh-in was today

My first weigh-in was today... drum roll please...
I lost 6.5 lbs and 1 lb of fat!!
I'm confused about my body fat... the percentage went up .5 how can that be when I lost a pound of fat?? the doctor said not to worry about it, that was normal... and to stay on week 1 diet for 3 more days..
doesn't make sense to me!
Does anyone know if the "carb" count are "net" carbs?? I'm confused about that too... I received some more information today from the clinic regarding week 2, I read somewhere that Medi's protein bars are only 5 carbs, after (subtracting the fiber and sugar alcohols)...

I look forward to week 2, (in 3 more days) in which they upped my calories to 800 and 25 carbs, which to me sound like a lot for the 2nd week

Thanks again for everyone's support!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #1763
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: neneRN
Stats: 5'1", 149/125.4/115-120
WOE: lMedi Weight Loss
Start Date: Restart 12/03/13
Your percentage of fat went up because you lost 1 lb fat and 5 lbs of other (water?), and percentages are a relative value; I don't know your stats re fat mass/percentages, so with your starting weight of 149.5, I'll use 30% fat (44.85 lbs); then you lost 6.5 lbs (1 of which was fat), which would make you 143 lbs with 43.85 lbs of fat (30.6%)...does that make sense?

Last edited by neneRN; 09-16-2010 at 08:01 AM..
Old 09-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #1764
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neneRN View Post
Your percentage of fat went up because you lost 1 lb fat and 5 lbs of other (water?), and percentages are a relative value; I don't know your stats re fat mass/percentages, so with your starting weight of 149.5, I'll use 30% fat (44.85 lbs); then you lost 6.5 lbs (1 of which was fat), which would make you 143 lbs with 43.85 lbs of fat (30.6%)...does that make sense?
Thank you neneRN!!! Yes, that makes perfect sense!! I'm not good with "don't worry about it" answers and you answered my question in plain language!! oh, by the way... my beginning fat mass was 31.9 and is now 32.4
you are really good at this!!!

Thank you again for your simple answer!!
away we go to more weight loss!!
have a great day!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #1765
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Hey All I have a question:
Do any of you dream of eating foods? This happened last time I was on Medi as well and started again last night... I dream that I eat ice cream or cookies and wake up and have to remind myself I didnt... Wow can you say I was a sugar addict before
Has this happened to anyone else
Old 09-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #1766
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
My second week was a real challenge! I was out of state with my college suite mate and her two sons for four days. I wasn't able to schedule an appointment for week 2. I weigh in this Friday - technically it'll be my week 3 weigh-in. I'm actually excited for it! I've never ever been excited to step on a scale, especially not in front of somebody else!

How are you doing, Stephanie?
Had my second weigh in yesterday. 3.5lbs. lost. 12 pounds in two weeks!

I know what you mean...I actually look forward to stepping on that scale!! :-)
Old 09-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #1767
Senior LCF Member

Excellent, Stephanie. Don't you feel great?

I had my weigh-in this morning. I was down six pounds (that is for two weeks). Down 16.9 total for three weeks, and now a PERMANENT resident of ONEderland. YAY!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #1768
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NomoreBK
Stats: 177/166/140
WOE: Medi-Weight
Start Date: 9/16/2010
Hi everyone! I finished Day 1 with a nasty headache - unbearable, actually....I still have a positive attitude! I am going to do this!! I woke up aat about 2 am starving and I had two pieces of deli meat and water. I guess I am seriously craving carbs and caffine. I just hope this doesn't happen everyday until Friday. I kindof goofed and ate too light in the morning which didn't help. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks
Old 09-19-2010, 01:24 AM   #1769
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NomoreBK
Stats: 177/166/140
WOE: Medi-Weight
Start Date: 9/16/2010
You go Stephanie! I can't wait to get there!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 04:54 AM   #1770
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoreBK View Post
Hi everyone! I finished Day 1 with a nasty headache - unbearable, actually....I still have a positive attitude! I am going to do this!! I woke up aat about 2 am starving and I had two pieces of deli meat and water. I guess I am seriously craving carbs and caffine. I just hope this doesn't happen everyday until Friday. I kindof goofed and ate too light in the morning which didn't help. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks
I ended up taking an Advil one of the first days, but I haven't had a headache since, so it gets better. Hang in there!
Closed Thread