Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #1681
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jlc33483
Stats: 194.3/?/130
Start Date: August 20, 2010
Thanks Stacey!! I chew the sugar free gum at the office and for some reason didn't think to use it to curb the cravings. I will be heading out to CVS first thing in the morning to stock up.

My first weigh in is on Friday morning...worried about if I'm doing the diet properly. I drink more than the recommended amount of water (all Smartwater) everyday but still thirsty? I can see a change with my body already which is amazing!!

My husband has seen the change as well, both physically and mentally. He is counting the days until I'm happy with my body again so that I will join him on the boat again!

Thanks to you all! JoJo

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #1682
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
WOE: Medi
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Buckeye View Post
Hi all,
Is there a thread for sodium intake? I know this should be monitored, but when I asked my NP about how much I should have, she kind of shrugged her shoulders and said "that's a good question" (much to my disappointment). I could go by the daily requirements (listed as a % on the nutritional info), but don't keep a running tab during the day. There is sodium in diet sodas and Poweraide Zero, as well as some deli meats. When cooking meats for dinner (beef, chicken, pork), I used low sodium grill mates and I never use the salt shaker.
Since Father's Day - I started the day after - I've lost just over 35 pounds. My 5-year old daughter weighs 35 pounds. When I pick her up, I can't help thinking that just two months ago, I was walking around all day with this much extra weight. My water weight has been roughly constant (past the 2nd week), yet this last week, I lost only 1.5 pounds (lost 4 lbs of fat, yet gained 2 lbs in water). I blamed it on having a regular beer (not a low carb or light) this past week and going to the gym for an hour on the day I weighed in.
I guess I just want newbies to look for sodium intake and ask what other big sources of sodium there could be while on this diet.

The daily recommended amount for a normal person is around 2000 mg per day, but could be more or less based on the individual person. It adds up so quick, a 16 oz. bottle of Powerade zero (which is half of a normal bottle) has 200mg, diet coke around 35mg each, then deli meats are killer! One serving can have around 700mg of sodium! Other things like cheese, Egg Beaters, seasonings (other than Mrs. Dash, most of them are loaded), condiments, basically everything! Another problem is that a lot of the Medi recipes contain a ton of sodium, I made the pork tenderloin last weekend and it had almost 1,000mg in one 4 oz. serving! It's insane, I'm trying so hard to keep it in check, but am finding it very difficult to keep it even close to 2,000mg per day.

lost 45 pounds in 3 months with MWL!

total loss of 90 pounds since May 2010

In maintenance : )
Old 08-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #1683
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Hi Everyone I am back!
For those of you who dont know I lost 30ish pounds in the spring on MWL very quickly and kept it off super long even after spring break.
Well this summer I studied abroad in Argentina and had no control over what I ate because I lived with a family.
Well here I am back strong! I am back on program trying to lose the weight I gained back. I gained back a lot but have already lost 8 pounds!

Here is my plan:
I will not be going back to the clinic because I know what I am doing, I have my recipes, my restaurant dishes, and the ability at school to pick out what I want to eat and how much.
If I stop losing weight or do bad on my own I will go back but I want to try it on my own first.
I am doing a 4oz of lean protein per meal (counting calories) and basically green veggies only (asparagus and green beans mainly) and egg beaters for breakfast with laughing cow. I will be back on here quite frequently to lose the weight again. My goal is to be back at my Sing weight by Pigskin I know probably none of you know what that means but they are shows that I am in.

Wish me luck!

Going to lose more this time!
Ultimate goal... see the 150's!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #1684
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Welcome back Mallory! I wondered where you went to! It's good to have you back!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #1685
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jillo
Stats: 247/197/175 5'7"
WOE: MEDI on my own
Start Date: March 2013
My appointment was great. Everyone in the MWL office I went to was friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and patient. I wish the "regular" doctor office I went to was like that.

After the shots, I felt better yesterday evening than I've felt in a long time.

Maybe it's just my own excitement about doing this. Or maybe it's something in the shots - but my "last meal" was about 1/3 the food I would normally have at our favorite restaurant.

This morning I woke up before the alarm just raring to go.
I am one hour in to the plan, and I just feel fabulous.

You mean I get to feel this good AND weight loss happens?

Woo-hooo!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:24 AM   #1686
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillo View Post
My appointment was great. Everyone in the MWL office I went to was friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and patient. I wish the "regular" doctor office I went to was like that.

After the shots, I felt better yesterday evening than I've felt in a long time.

Maybe it's just my own excitement about doing this. Or maybe it's something in the shots - but my "last meal" was about 1/3 the food I would normally have at our favorite restaurant.

This morning I woke up before the alarm just raring to go.
I am one hour in to the plan, and I just feel fabulous.

You mean I get to feel this good AND weight loss happens?

Woo-hooo!
Good for you and wish you luck! You should conserve (put away) some of this excitement so it could be used to pick you up when things will be a little rough (there will be days when you will need a mental "pick-me-up").
Old 08-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #1687
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Good for you and wish you luck! You should conserve (put away) some of this excitement so it could be used to pick you up when things will be a little rough (there will be days when you will need a mental "pick-me-up").
Haha! I thought of that. I wish there were some way. I think by journaling about it I will be able to remember today when I have less-than-enthusiastic time.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I feel like I just made 400 new best friends.

I hope you're having a fabulous Thursday.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #1688
Senior LCF Member

Starting today off strong! Lost another 2 pounds I am losing so quick I donno if my body was just sick of the weight or if it wasnt truly fat gain but water and bloating??
Any ideas??

Oh and instead of the shots I am doing a B12 under the tongue vitamin every morning similar to the Medi Melt

Officially down 10 pounds since arriving home
Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #1689
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: think-skinny
Stats: 201.4/129/125/5'1.5"
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 08-13-10
Hello all,

I am new to the forums and new to the program. My sweet dh helped me find these forums when we were trying to find medi-friendly recipes. I am finishing up my week 2 and really feeing good about the progress I have made since starting. I am finding it really difficult to get all the calories in that they gave me (700 daily). And I am still a little confused on what counts in that total and what only counts in the carbs (25 daily). I know I didn't gain all this weight overnight but I am sure looking forward to seeing a size of me I cannot remember ever seeing!
I have been drinking over the water amount by at least 32 oz daily and my ketones are just above moderate to high but not extra high. Can anyone tell me why they are not just moderate anymore?
Thanks for any help in my new journey to become a better overall me!
Stephany
Old 08-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #1690
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by think-skinny View Post
Hello all,

I am new to the forums and new to the program. My sweet dh helped me find these forums when we were trying to find medi-friendly recipes. I am finishing up my week 2 and really feeing good about the progress I have made since starting. I am finding it really difficult to get all the calories in that they gave me (700 daily). And I am still a little confused on what counts in that total and what only counts in the carbs (25 daily). I know I didn't gain all this weight overnight but I am sure looking forward to seeing a size of me I cannot remember ever seeing!
I have been drinking over the water amount by at least 32 oz daily and my ketones are just above moderate to high but not extra high. Can anyone tell me why they are not just moderate anymore?
Thanks for any help in my new journey to become a better overall me!
Stephany
Stephany, welcome! This forum helped a lot of people. It will be your support tool as well. I was told by my clinic to make sure I get 500 cal from protein foods (they gave me a list to choose from), calories from allowed veggies and fruits do not need to be counted - just make sure that the amount is what's allowed. Also I was told that if I choose healthy snack it should be counted in 500 cal of protein. Oils/nuts just have to be eaten in the allowed amount every other day. I stuck to this religiously and saw amazing results (take a look at my stats)

About ketones. Don't obsess over ketone levels - everybody is different. Your reading s are affected by exercise, water intake, etc. I almost always showed trace or small and was consistently losing fat. As long as you see results and losing fat. There is thread that talks about ketosis. Use search function and read about it.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
Old 08-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #1691
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: eleece23
Stats: 240
Start Date: August 21, 2010
Hello, all!

I'm new to the boards and new to MWL. I started last Saturday, August 21, and I have my first weigh-in tomorrow morning! I just wanted to pop in and say "hi!"

Also, I too have been testing high for ketones (second to largest) and have been doing so for 3 days now. I know one of the sheets we were given at the clinic states that, ideally, one would stay in the "moderate" range. I'm going to discuss this with them tomorrow. My ketone levels, for week one are:

Day One: no test
Day Two: Small: 1.5
Day Three: Moderate: 4.0
Day Four: Large: 8.0
Day Five: Large 8.0
Day Six: Large 8.0
Old 08-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #1692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleece23 View Post
Hello, all!

I'm new to the boards and new to MWL. I started last Saturday, August 21, and I have my first weigh-in tomorrow morning! I just wanted to pop in and say "hi!"

Also, I too have been testing high for ketones (second to largest) and have been doing so for 3 days now. I know one of the sheets we were given at the clinic states that, ideally, one would stay in the "moderate" range. I'm going to discuss this with them tomorrow. My ketone levels, for week one are:

Day One: no test
Day Two: Small: 1.5
Day Three: Moderate: 4.0
Day Four: Large: 8.0
Day Five: Large 8.0
Day Six: Large 8.0
eleece!! Glad you found us ~ this is a friendly place that has played a big part in keeping me going on the Medi plan, during the "highs" and the occasional tough moment (or more ). I'm in my 6th week, and have lost 12 1/2 pounds ~ not a bunch, I know, but literally all of my clothes are baggy on me now.... and I feel great physically! Just stick to the plan, consult with your clinic staff, come here often for support & you'll succeed.
As Irena said, everyone is different with the ketones. Mine range between small & moderate, but my clinic NP told me that if it gets very dark & stays there, you may need more water. Of course, you're doing the right thing by asking your own clinic folks.
Hope to see you here a lot!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #1693
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for the "welcome note," Ann!

I'm already feeling better and I'm on day 6. Day 4 was really rough for me, physically. I was tired, cranky and weak.

I'm hoping that when I go to my appointment tomorrow I get some answers on the ketones question and I wanted to ask them if, starting week 2, you are allowed to eat those medi-bars they have; they sounds delicious. I have such a sweet tooth, it's sad!

I went to Sam's yesterday and saw those Atkins bars and, although high in calories (160 a pop or more) I was wondering if any of you guys ate them. They had a good number of carbs in them, too. Maybe 17-22/each, if memory serves me correctly.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #1694
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: meganlj
week one finally finished!!

Whew!! I'm so glad to be through the first week.. headaches were common for me, my clinic says it's carb withdrawl.
I'm down 9 pounds though! Hooray!! ~60 more to go though
So glad to have found this thread. you are all an inspiration!!
keep up the good work!
-Megan
Charlotte, NC
Old 08-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #1695
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlj View Post
Whew!! I'm so glad to be through the first week.. headaches were common for me, my clinic says it's carb withdrawl.
I'm down 9 pounds though! Hooray!! ~60 more to go though
So glad to have found this thread. you are all an inspiration!!
keep up the good work!
-Megan
Charlotte, NC
Way to go, Megan! I have my first weigh-in tomorrow, I hope to be as successful as you! Wasn't the first week hard at times? I'm looking forward to week two, that's for sure!

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:13 AM   #1696
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jlc33483
Stats: 194.3/?/130
Start Date: August 20, 2010
Well I am off to my first weigh-in now.....I'm so nervous and excited!! I didnt do much for exercise...this week was really crazy at work! Will post later today when I get home from work. Hoping I can only be half as successful as you all!!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:16 AM   #1697
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
Start Date: 7/22/14
eleece ~ I was allowed to have the Medi bars starting my 2nd week. The chocolate ones are my favorite - YUM! But go easy on them... they can stir up your sweet cravings!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #1698
Senior LCF Member

I survived Day One!

I did it! I ate 497 calories, took all my meds and vities, and for the first time in months - I made it 24 hours without binge-eating.

I am very proud of this.

Now I'm 2 hours into Day Two and I am looking forward to getting my booster shot at lunch today.

THANK YOU for your support, everyone!

xxoo

Last edited by Jillo; 08-27-2010 at 06:42 AM..
Old 08-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #1699
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinagain@30
Stats: 245.3
Start Date: 7/12/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillo View Post
I did it! I ate 497 calories, took all my meds and vities, and for the first time in months - I made it 24 hours without binge-eating.

I am very proud of this.

Now I'm 2 hours into Day Two and I am looking forward to getting my booster shot at lunch today.

THANK YOU for your support, everyone!

xxoo
You are doing great!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #1700
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heymommy05
Stats: 208/183/150
Start Date: 8/24/10
Hi my name is Tammy and I started Tue. I went in for my consultation on Monday and started Tue. Here is a little about me. I was always super thin my whole life and always had trouble keeping weight on. The Sept. 13,2004 I was in a 5 car pile up. I was at a stop light on my way to work when out of no where a SUV slammed into the car behind me it slammed into me and went under my car and so on. I was out of work and in physical therapy for several months. In a three month time I gained 45 lbs. My parents live out of town and did not see me through out this time and when I saw them at the holidays they did not recognize me! I had just started dating my boyfriend (now husband). So I started to try and lose weight when I found out that I was pregnant. Long story short I now have two beautiful daughters and a super supportive husband and very over weight! At age 33.5 I weighed 135/140lbs and now after almost 6 years I weigh 208. I very out of shape and I hate that I do not have the energy to play with my children that I have always wanted.
So I started Tue and a friend of mine now went yesterday and started today. I feel that I am lucky to have a friend here doing it with me but I would love to talk to others about their progress. This week has had it's ups and downs. I am fine throughout the day but by dinner time I am soooo hungry. With having two daughters under 4 I stay busy but after the pool or something I am so Hungary. I spoke to Medi and they told me if I have to I can go up to 600 or even 700 cal. if needed. I am trying to stay as close to 500 but after a busy day with the kids I will have a little more.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #1701
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hello Mommy! And welcome to the group. This plan is truly the one that works. And I can say that with confidence and certainty. I have lost 112 pounds and am into my second year of wellness maintaining the loss. I am fit and healthy and plan to stay that way. You CAN do this. It is a major lifestyle change for us all and it does take 100% commitment on your part as well.

Please add your stats into your profile so we can celebrate your successes with you.

And again, we are so happy you found us and are here!

Jo
Old 08-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #1702
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vtoria98
Stats: 192/182/140
Start Date: Aug 26 2010
Hi everyone, i am starting MWL this weekend, I am at the end of day2 actually. I have not been hungry at all so thats good. I have had so much water everyone thinks there is something wrong with me, though I was always a water drinker before.
I just wanted to say thanks as I have been reading these threads all night. Crazy enough this LCF site is how I discovered Body for Life a few years ago.

I am looking forward to posting a success story soon.

I do have 2 questions though:
1. I have had heartburn last night and tonight, is this normal?
2. I feel like i am burping all the time, is that normal?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vtoria98; 08-28-2010 at 06:37 PM..
Old 08-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #1703
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losing in Ftm
Stats: restart Apr 2012
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtoria98 View Post
ago.
I do have 2 questions though:
1. I have had heartburn last night and tonight, is this normal?
2. I feel like i am burping all the time, is that normal?

Thanks in advance.

Are you taking the omega vitamins? My sister had a problem with the fish oil based and had to change to the flaxseed based, I don't know what the Medi ones used but they also caused that reaction in her.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #1704
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vtoria98
Stats: 192/182/140
Start Date: Aug 26 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by losing in Ftm View Post

Are you taking the omega vitamins? My sister had a problem with the fish oil based and had to change to the flaxseed based, I don't know what the Medi ones used but they also caused that reaction in her.
Nope, no omega just the supra and the fat burner, plus the calcium pills. Hopefully it will pass.

I have another question though, i see here everyone says no dairy the first week, my clinic did not say anything about no cheese for the first week, is it just different for everyone?
They also asked me not to work out this week, which is hard since i usually get about an hour of cardio in every day, is that normal?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #1705
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I would suggest reading through all the materials your clinic gave you. Some clinics are more forthcoming with information than others. Mine is spectacular so I have never had to question much of anything.

Per my materials, week one does not prohibit dairy as such. FF or LF cottage cheese, Laughing Cow light wedges, whey protein shakes are permitted in limited quantity. But dairy means many things to many people. Dairy for MWL acute phase does NOT mean milk. SF Coffeemate in limited quantity is permitted. Not permitted is milk, regular soda or juice. Week one is specifically restricted to 500 calories of protein only. Spread your calories out throughout the day to help control your appetite.

There are sample menus for week one in the materials your clinic gave to you.

Exercise is not encouraged during the first week as you may be weaker than normal due to caloric restriction and your body cleansing itself of sugar and carbs. IF you can handle the exercise, try it, but discontinue it if weakness or dizziness appears. This would be a normal reaction under these circumstances.

Hope this helps you.

Jo
Old 08-30-2010, 06:09 AM   #1706
Senior LCF Member

Day 5: I'm in Moderate ketosis and I still feel fantastic!

I even negotiated a day exploring the countryside and eating in restaurants with my man. I had a turkey sandwich (hold everything but the turkey) and steak a la carte.

I've lost NINE POUNDS since last Wednesday!

Also, and maybe more important: my estimation of "one ounce" of steak was exactly right when I got home and measured it on my scale! I had cut my leftover "lunch" into several pieces - just to have something to do with it besides eat it. I feel like I just got an A on a test.

My personal goal is to get to 199 by weigh in Wednesday. I'm 3 pounds away.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:28 AM   #1707
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: richmanlopez
Is this the correct place to post newbie thread questions?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:35 AM   #1708
Senior LCF Member

I am interested in joining Medi but needed some help with your opinion of eating 700 calories. Many say that one could slow their metabolism with only 700 over time. And that putting in starvation mode is harmful and damaging to organs. Medi has helped so many people so I would love to hear your thoughts before I get started.

Samantha
Old 08-30-2010, 06:36 AM   #1709
Senior LCF Member

I am interested in joining Medi but needed some help with your opinion of eating 700 calories. Many say that one could slow their metabolism with only 700 over time. And that putting in starvation mode is harmful and damaging to organs. Medi has helped so many people so I would love to hear your thoughts before I get started.

Samantha
Old 08-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #1710
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone:
Well life happened birthday party followed by Margarita Salsa Fest so ended up with a 7 pound loss for the week... but I am back on strong!
Closed Thread