Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #1621
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacolamomof2 View Post
Me too! Having someone else to go through this with is so important to me. I check on here everyday to see how everyone is doing and it helps keep me motivated!
This will be your very best resource and support. I don't think I could have made it--no, make that I could not have made it--8 weeks on this program without it. Check out the Energy In, Energy Out thread, as well as the August thread. Good luck to everybody.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #1622
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momofjel
Stats: 230/182/160 and 5'7"
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 6, 2010
I will be turning 50 later this year, and my father got diabetes in his 50's. So diabetes is one of the big reasons that I am motivated to lose weight. It is wonderful to hear what a difference this diet makes.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #1623
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momofjel
Stats: 230/182/160 and 5'7"
Start Date: July 6, 2010
reason not to weigh every day

OK, I am bad about weighing everyday. I go to the clinic on Tuesday mornings. Tuesday through Saturday I am losing weight, according to my scale at home, and live is gooood. Then it stops. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday morning at home the scale is stuck. So, when I go into the clinic, my head is down low, and I am feeling like a failure, already making water retention excuses. Boy, did I have a silly look on my face when they told me I lost 4.2 pounds (3.4 in fat and .8 in water). :blush: I need to learn to follow the plan have faith.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #1624
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofjel View Post
OK, I am bad about weighing everyday. I go to the clinic on Tuesday mornings. Tuesday through Saturday I am losing weight, according to my scale at home, and live is gooood. Then it stops. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday morning at home the scale is stuck. So, when I go into the clinic, my head is down low, and I am feeling like a failure, already making water retention excuses. Boy, did I have a silly look on my face when they told me I lost 4.2 pounds (3.4 in fat and .8 in water). :blush: I need to learn to follow the plan have faith.

My suggestions, and you have heard it before from me and others, is to ditch the scale at home during the acute phase. It will drive you nuts. Weight DOES vary from day to day and that is a simple fact of life. Weighing at home is just not recommended for that reason. Since you are learning new food behaviors, you can learn this one too...put that scale away...out of sight out of mind. It will allow you to concentrate on more important factors of the plan.

You CAN do this.

Jo
Old 08-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #1625
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozi2 View Post
I am also a tye 2 diabetic. Have had it for the past 9 years. Since MWL my blood sugar is staying below 120 all of the time. I have stopped taking two of my meds and am only taking metformin. Even if weight loss is slow, this in itself is a reason to keep going.
As the daughter of a type 2 diabetic, a former Medi patient who was borderline type 2 diabetic, and now as a Medi Weightloss counselor, I have seen so many type 2 diabetics go off their medications due to their success on Medi. My bloodsugar went from 110 to 80 and I am no longer in the risk catogory. I'm a believer in this WOL!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #1626
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Munchkin33
Stats: 151/139.6/116
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 07/17/2010
Today was my fourth weigh in...and I was devestated. Only lost .1lb. I didn't lose muscle, I didn't lose fat.

I've been an absolute purist with the diet and have been mountain biking 5.5 miles every other day before work. I have been drinking my water, no alcohol, no fruit only veggies (lettuce, broc and cauliflower). The nutritionist said that as I've been adding excercise back she's noticed that I've started to plateau. She recommended that I eat something before I work out and that I need to keep my protein calories up around 600 from now on.

hopefully this makes the difference. I'm so utterly disappointed this week.

week 1: 5.5
week 2: 2.7
week 3: 3.2
week 4: .1 (wth)

Started at 151.5 , currently 139.5 and hoping to hit 116.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #1627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin33 View Post
Today was my fourth weigh in...and I was devestated. Only lost .1lb. I didn't lose muscle, I didn't lose fat.

I've been an absolute purist with the diet and have been mountain biking 5.5 miles every other day before work. I have been drinking my water, no alcohol, no fruit only veggies (lettuce, broc and cauliflower). The nutritionist said that as I've been adding excercise back she's noticed that I've started to plateau. She recommended that I eat something before I work out and that I need to keep my protein calories up around 600 from now on.

hopefully this makes the difference. I'm so utterly disappointed this week.

week 1: 5.5
week 2: 2.7
week 3: 3.2
week 4: .1 (wth)

Started at 151.5 , currently 139.5 and hoping to hit 116.
Munchkin~ it looks to me like you are still doing great. Look at some of the people's notes who have been doing this much longer than we have. The ones who stick with the plan keep losing and get to their goals. You will too!
That said, I'm out of town with hubby until Tues, so will miss my Mon (4th) weigh-in. I'm worried, 'cause I had a few (small) pieces of fried (battered) catfish last night at a family member's house. I also had about 3 or 4 diet sodas. My ankles PUFFED up by bedtime. I'm back on track today and NO sodas, just water. Just hope I didn't cause too much damage.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #1628
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SwtNov
Hi MWL fans!! I'm new to this....well actually my 1st appt is tomorrow. I'm surfing the web and decided to "google" MWL reviews....which brought me here. Read a few posts and everyone seems so upbeat, positive and most of all helpful.

I've tried many, MANY weightloss products and non have worked. Actually just tried Lipofuze pills but quickly stopped bc they made me extremely sick, to the point of passing out!! SO, I was having 2nd thoughts about trying yet another route to weightloss. But after reading your stories and similar life struggles, I'm having a more positive feeling about going tomorrow.

ASKING ALL: Newbies & professionals for ANY Advice/Suggestions/Comments/Words of wisdom...it would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #1629
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtNov View Post
Hi MWL fans!! I'm new to this....well actually my 1st appt is tomorrow. I'm surfing the web and decided to "google" MWL reviews....which brought me here. Read a few posts and everyone seems so upbeat, positive and most of all helpful.

I've tried many, MANY weightloss products and non have worked. Actually just tried Lipofuze pills but quickly stopped bc they made me extremely sick, to the point of passing out!! SO, I was having 2nd thoughts about trying yet another route to weightloss. But after reading your stories and similar life struggles, I'm having a more positive feeling about going tomorrow.

ASKING ALL: Newbies & professionals for ANY Advice/Suggestions/Comments/Words of wisdom...it would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!
SwtNov! You have definitely come to the right place. I think that we are all here because we have tried everything, and nothing worked. THIS WORKS!! I lost 25 lbs. in 8 weeks! If you look around on these boards and look at people's statistics (the numbers on the left, which indicate starting weight, current weight, goal weight) and read their posts (check out the August thread, as well as the Energy In/Energy Out thread), you will see amazing results (like 50 lbs lost in 4 months, 90 lbs lost in 6 mos., etc.). It really works, if you do exactly what your clinic tells you, ask questions, keep your journal, drink your water, exercise, etc. The first week is a little rough, but doable, and you will be so pleased at your first weigh-in. Good luck and be sure to check in and keep us posted, so that we can share your successes.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #1630
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SwtNov
Thanks Nancy! CONGRATS on your 25lb weightloss!!

The post are very reassuring and everyone's results are amazing! I will keep my appt tomorrow and will definitely let you know how things go!

Thanks again!!
Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 AM   #1631
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtNov View Post
Thanks Nancy! CONGRATS on your 25lb weightloss!!

The post are very reassuring and everyone's results are amazing! I will keep my appt tomorrow and will definitely let you know how things go!

Thanks again!!
and I totally agree with Nancy (one of our best cheerleaders!)
Don't let the 1st week or 2 scare you off ~ you'll live through it, and feel better & better as the days & weeks go by!!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #1632
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: omnpotnt
Stats: 322/322/200
Start Date: 08/17/2010
Ok, so here we go with Day 1. I've read so many success stories on this forum I took the plunge today. I have a quick question, is sugar free jello permitted during the 1st week?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #1633
Major LCF Poster!

SF Jello on week one? That would be a no....at least per my clinic. Take a read through all your materials and you should find directions for week one as well as some sample menus.

Week one is difficult, but do-able. If you are faithful to a T, you will see a good weight loss the first week, and that will get you really motivated to continue. I truly can say, "been there, done that, got the t-shirt!"

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Jo
Old 08-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #1634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msawhitt
Stats: 220/130/145
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Hi everyone! I began at a Medi clinic last Wednesday, and immediately found this message board online. I have been creeping for a few days, and finally decided to join and have a chat : ) My boyfriend thinks I'm slightly crazy, but I am completely committed and looking forward to reaching my goal.

A little about me: I am 25 years old and live in the Orlando area. I have NEVER had a problem with weight, and am really good at MAINTAINING whatever weight I am at. Unfortunately, in 2006 when I was pregnant with my daughter I became very sick and was on bed rest, and gained an intense amount of weight. I am no good at losing weight on my own, so I have maintained my "baby fat" weight (as in, the weight I was stuck at a few weeks after I had my daughter) steady since 2006. This year, I made a commitment to get back to my old (TRUE) self and was able to lose about 26 pounds before I decided to start at Medi. This first week has had it's difficulties, but I am looking forward to a 9AM second appointment tomorrow : )

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself! I love the information in this forum, and have found some of the tips extremely helpful!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you soon!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #1635
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnpotnt View Post
Ok, so here we go with Day 1. I've read so many success stories on this forum I took the plunge today. I have a quick question, is sugar free jello permitted during the 1st week?

Thanks in advance!
No SF jello was permitted during my first week... only lean protein (500 calories total per day), water, PowerAid Zero, that kind of thing. It's definitely limiting, but most people (me included) don't get hungry. Many (like me) actually lose their appetite for awhile. It's all to put your body into ketosis, which is how we lose our fat! Hang in there ~ you can do it, and we're all here to be supportive
Old 08-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #1636
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
Hi everyone! I began at a Medi clinic last Wednesday, and immediately found this message board online. I have been creeping for a few days, and finally decided to join and have a chat : ) My boyfriend thinks I'm slightly crazy, but I am completely committed and looking forward to reaching my goal.

A little about me: I am 25 years old and live in the Orlando area. I have NEVER had a problem with weight, and am really good at MAINTAINING whatever weight I am at. Unfortunately, in 2006 when I was pregnant with my daughter I became very sick and was on bed rest, and gained an intense amount of weight. I am no good at losing weight on my own, so I have maintained my "baby fat" weight (as in, the weight I was stuck at a few weeks after I had my daughter) steady since 2006. This year, I made a commitment to get back to my old (TRUE) self and was able to lose about 26 pounds before I decided to start at Medi. This first week has had it's difficulties, but I am looking forward to a 9AM second appointment tomorrow : )

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself! I love the information in this forum, and have found some of the tips extremely helpful!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you soon!
Glad you joined us! I come here everyday ~ it's kind of addictive, especially while you're in the initial weeks of Medi. Although my husband is supportive, he sometimes thinks I'm nuts, too. And sometimes he questions my food choices, as if he doesn't always believe I'm sticking to the plan, which I have been faithfully for nearly 5 weeks... Keep us informed of your progress!!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #1637
Senior LCF Member

So I had my second appointment this morning, and lost 9.5 pounds this week! Very exciting, and I am VERY EXCITED to eat a little bit more variety this week (the romaine in my fridge is calling my name!). I also managed to get a week's worth of Medi-friendly groceries for under $40 this morning : )

So far, so good!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #1638
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinagain@30
Stats: 245.3
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 7/12/2012
I started on Monday so today is day 3... Monday was ok yesterday I felt great today it is kicking my butt. Since Friday I have been lurking on here and I have read this entire thread. I am inspired buy the success of you all. I need to do this if not for my self but for my 10 month old son as he needs a healthy mommy.

I have a massive headache and sore throat I have seen others with this on day 3 please tell me that it gets better. I will be poasing tomorrow to test for ketones

thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #1639
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinagain@30 View Post
I started on Monday so today is day 3... Monday was ok yesterday I felt great today it is kicking my butt. Since Friday I have been lurking on here and I have read this entire thread. I am inspired buy the success of you all. I need to do this if not for my self but for my 10 month old son as he needs a healthy mommy.

I have a massive headache and sore throat I have seen others with this on day 3 please tell me that it gets better. I will be poasing tomorrow to test for ketones

thanks
Thinagain--It will get better, and you CAN do this! It affects all of us differently. For me, it was a feeling like I had flu the 5th-6th-7th day. I felt like someone had let the air out of me--could hardly move. Clinic told me to go to Kroger and get Kroger brand Carb Master yogurt--so yummy, 80 calories, 3 g carbs. It helped. The weight loss the first week will make it all worthwhile, and then you can add more foods and calories. Just keep reading and posting. We're all here to help you!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #1640
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: soozi2
Stats: 221/183/24.9 BMI
Start Date: July 2010
I am a little bummed this week. I only lost .3 lbs, but I did lose -1.1 LB fat.

I am just trying to eat mostly protein this week. Tonight I had to go to a wedding reception. It was extremely hard finding something to eat. I ending up eating, a four meatballs, 3 little smokies and about a 1/2 cup of barbecue pork and a few cubes of cheese. Of course all of the protein was in barbeque sauce. I hope this doesn't throw me out of ketosis.

All in all, I felt like I made okay choices.

Suzie
Old 08-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #1641
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soozi2 View Post
I am a little bummed this week. I only lost .3 lbs, but I did lose -1.1 LB fat.

I am just trying to eat mostly protein this week. Tonight I had to go to a wedding reception. It was extremely hard finding something to eat. I ending up eating, a four meatballs, 3 little smokies and about a 1/2 cup of barbecue pork and a few cubes of cheese. Of course all of the protein was in barbeque sauce. I hope this doesn't throw me out of ketosis.

All in all, I felt like I made okay choices.

Suzie
Well, you probably did the best that you could. I've been "caught" in situations like that, and I always wish I had eaten a lot of protein b4 I left home.

As for your weigh-in: your body has to get used to this and "catch up" a bit. Your first week's loss was HUGE! We all have weeks with tiny losses, and it seems that the next week is really good. Just hang in there, drink all of your fluids, exercise, eat all of your protein, and it will happen. The fat loss is what we're really after, anyway. There are so many things that can affect our actual weight. Just keep reading, keep posting, look at other people's statistics, and keep going. Next week will be better. Keep us posted!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #1642
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
Hello Newbies!

Just to let you know, I have struggled for years with my weight. Today I am down 41lbs in 11 weeks. I am very strict and now go to the gym almost daily. I love this new life style!

Sally
Old 08-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #1643
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
That being said...

I have had some off plan treats. just didn't over do it.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #1644
Junior LCF Member

Feeling a little better today def. more energy I tested this am and I am in moderate ketosis. I want so badly to step on the scale but so far I have resisted.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #1645
Senior LCF Member

thinagain:

I have only been on the program for just over a week (my second appointment was yesterday) and if this helps you fell a little better my first week was AWFUL. It was truly a pain, I had to force myself to eat until I would gag, had headaches (splitting ones the first couple of days and mild, persisting ones for the rest), and pretty much zero energy. I forced myself to just do as I was told and stick to the guidelines my doc gave me, and I did not enjoy it at all!

As for yesterday, adding back cheese and veggies (and more) has made all the difference! It sounds crazy, but it really does. I have a lot more energy and am starting to break through this funk I have been in for the past week. Week 2 has started off much better, and really is a lot more manageable. I don't know how tomorrow will be, but the past 2 days have been dramatically different from the first week.

Anyways, just thought I would try to encourage you a bit. The first week was pretty awful for me, too : )
Old 08-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #1646
Major LCF Poster!

Stacey...just a quick question. The starting weight you show is 210 and you said you lost 9.5 in week one. But you are showing your current weight at 174.5. Math is not my strongest asset but it looks like you lost 35.5 in your first week. Am I missing something here?

Jo
Old 08-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #1647
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msawhitt View Post
thinagain:

I have only been on the program for just over a week (my second appointment was yesterday) and if this helps you fell a little better my first week was AWFUL. It was truly a pain, I had to force myself to eat until I would gag, had headaches (splitting ones the first couple of days and mild, persisting ones for the rest), and pretty much zero energy. I forced myself to just do as I was told and stick to the guidelines my doc gave me, and I did not enjoy it at all!

As for yesterday, adding back cheese and veggies (and more) has made all the difference! It sounds crazy, but it really does. I have a lot more energy and am starting to break through this funk I have been in for the past week. Week 2 has started off much better, and really is a lot more manageable. I don't know how tomorrow will be, but the past 2 days have been dramatically different from the first week.

Anyways, just thought I would try to encourage you a bit. The first week was pretty awful for me, too : )
Thanks this does help! I am feeling better today and I know on Monday I will see results!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #1648
Senior LCF Member

Jo:

I'm really sorry, I know that is confusing! I began this year weighing 210 at my April physical, and since I couldn't afford to go to the Medi clinic at the time my family physician prescribed me an AS for 2 months to help me stick to a reasonable diet and lose some weight. I started Medi last week weighing in at 184, and lost 9.5 my first week. I keep my starting weight as 210, because that was what I weighed when I started my "road to recovery", and always need to be reminded of that : )
Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #1649
Junior LCF Member

Any suggestions for week 1 meals? I am starting to get bored... and I have 3 days left.

Carol
Old 08-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #1650
Senior LCF Member

If you can handle things like soy milk and Morningstar farms products, stop by your clinic and ask for the week 1 vegetarian sample menu. There are a lot of different choices on there that can help mix it up : )
Closed Thread