Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #1591
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Munchkin33
Stats: 151/139.6/116
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 07/17/2010
So my week 2 weigh in was yesterday....

I lost 2.7 lbs (1.9lbs fat). That brings my current loss to 8.2lbs (5.4 fat lbs) in 2 weeks. I guess that's decent. Hoping I have a great weigh in next week

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #1592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 130/127/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/19/10 and 8/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin33 View Post

I lost 2.7 lbs (1.9lbs fat). That brings my current loss to 8.2lbs (5.4 fat lbs) in 2 weeks. I guess that's decent. Hoping I have a great weigh in next week
Heck, yes ~ that's great Munchkin! Your hard work is paying off ~ my 2nd weigh in is tomorrow. Hope I can do as well as you
Old 08-02-2010, 06:15 AM   #1593
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I just wanted to come and encourage all the newbies. 15 weeks ago I was in your shoes, scared, unsure, but soooooo ready for a change. And let me tell you Medi truly is "the one that works". I am amazed at my own results. Not only have I lost almost 40lbs, but I've also dropped 5 pant sizes, from a 16, to a 6 (just purchased yesterday). There ups and downs to my attitude but most of the time I find this program to be pretty easy. The cravings for carbs are almost completely gone (they sneak back during my TOM). I even went on vacation and stuck to the plan pretty easily, and maintained by weight while I was gone. It is possible and we are all here for encourgament and advice!

Good luck! You can be successful!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #1594
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: atator1
Stats: Start 181 Goal 140
Start Date: 07/22/2010
Quote:

Great job Munchkin
Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #1595
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: atator1
Stats: Start 181 Goal 140
Start Date: 07/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
I just wanted to come and encourage all the newbies. 15 weeks ago I was in your shoes, scared, unsure, but soooooo ready for a change. And let me tell you Medi truly is "the one that works". I am amazed at my own results. Not only have I lost almost 40lbs, but I've also dropped 5 pant sizes, from a 16, to a 6 (just purchased yesterday). There ups and downs to my attitude but most of the time I find this program to be pretty easy. The cravings for carbs are almost completely gone (they sneak back during my TOM). I even went on vacation and stuck to the plan pretty easily, and maintained by weight while I was gone. It is possible and we are all here for encourgament and advice!

Thank you Lins for the encouragement it is very nice to read for those of us that are in the 1st and second week jitters. You have made great progress I hope that I can do as well as you have done.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #1596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post

Yes, thank you, lins! It helps SO much to hear your experiences along this journey, and see the successes you've had, as well as the set backs. You've done so well & are an inspiration. I've been working so hard & following the plan to a T, so this week I lost a whopping 1.2 pounds.... BUT, I lost 4.8 pounds of fat, and the NP said I'm a "star patient," doing all the right things. Gotta hang in there!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #1597
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
I want to echo Lins' encouragement for you. I have been doing this for 8 weeks, and I cannot believe that I have lost about 23 lbs. (weigh-in tomorrow) so far. I think that part of the fear that we feel in the first few weeks is the fear that it's just one more thing that won't work for us! If you stick to it, IT TRULY IS THE ONE THAT WORKS!

I'm going down in sizes, trying on clothes that haven't fit me for years, wearing shorts again, feeling slender again, getting compliments again, and I'm still in disbelief. I've lost 4 inches from my waist, 4.5 inches from my hips (a part of my body that NEVER decreases). Another thing is that I've gained control of my extreme sugar addiction. I was eating almost nothing but candy, cookies, brownies, etc.--even very little at mealtime, so that I could stuff my face with sugar. After just a few days, my physical cravings for all of that just went away. YOU CAN DO THIS. If weight is falling off of me at 50+ years (and it is way harder to lose after 50), it will happen for you! Good luck. You've come to the right place.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #1598
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: soozi2
Stats: 221/183/24.9 BMI
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 2010
Hey all. I am excited about my first week weight in and I wanted to share it. I lost 11.8 pounds (4.4 fat).
Old 08-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #1599
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soozi2 View Post
Hey all. I am excited about my first week weight in and I wanted to share it. I lost 11.8 pounds (4.4 fat).
WOW, soozi ~ that's fantastic!!! You must have worked hard to make your first week successful. Keep us informed of your progress!
Old 08-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #1600
Junior LCF Member

Start Date: August 2, 2010
Help Day 2!!!!

OK I am on day 2 and am miserable. I have been nauseated, diarhea, light headed, head ache and hungry. Am I alone here???? When I sat down to 3 ounces of salmon tonight I could have eaten the plate it came on????
Old 08-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #1601
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amy482
Stats: 220.6/201.0/140
Start Date: 7/26/10
Hi everyone! I just started my second week (lost 10.8 lbs. my first week--can't believe it!) ... I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and think this will be a great resource for questions and a great source of inspiration!

I don't mean to gross everyone out but...has anyone else had a problem with feeling nauseated and gagging on food? I hoped this would get better this week since I can have a bite of veggies in between bites of meat, but it's still happening. I can get really GOOD meat down fine...like a lean hamburger patty on the grill...but regular everday chicken or pork chops makes me physically ill right now. Not fun!

Thanks for any input y'all have

Amy
Old 08-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #1602
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristiansmom
Stats: 296.5/286.5/160ish
WOE: Low Carbs/Med Protein
Start Date: September 24, 2012
Week 6 weigh in and down another 3 lbs.. Soooo 22 lbs in 6 weeks.. I can definately deal with that!!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #1603
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Chapel Girl View Post
OK I am on day 2 and am miserable. I have been nauseated, diarhea, light headed, head ache and hungry. Am I alone here???? When I sat down to 3 ounces of salmon tonight I could have eaten the plate it came on????
Sounds normal to me, Wesley CG. I'm on my 3rd week ~the first one got pretty yucky for me... by the 3rd day (a Wed.) I had most of those symptoms, and I had to force food down 'cause I was so UNhungry. (From what I see on this site, a lot of people feel sick the first week, almost like they have the flu.) It improved greatly for me by the 1st weekend, and I gradually felt better & better. I kept telling my hubby those 1st few days that this must be what rehab feels like to some people. Then one night when I was particularly miserable, I told him I might be the 1st person to die from this program (I can get a bit dramatic )... Are you taking the appetite suppressant? You can also call your MWL clinic & discuss your symptoms with them. Hang in there, and try to stay busy and/ or exercise. It really helped me. And this site has a bunch a wonderfully supportive people ~ come here often!!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #1604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy482 View Post
Hi everyone! I just started my second week (lost 10.8 lbs. my first week--can't believe it!) ... I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and think this will be a great resource for questions and a great source of inspiration!

I don't mean to gross everyone out but...has anyone else had a problem with feeling nauseated and gagging on food? I hoped this would get better this week since I can have a bite of veggies in between bites of meat, but it's still happening. I can get really GOOD meat down fine...like a lean hamburger patty on the grill...but regular everday chicken or pork chops makes me physically ill right now. Not fun!

Thanks for any input y'all have

Amy
Amy - I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I would gag so bad, that I would actually have to spit the food back onto my plate because there was no way I could swallow it. Which would then pretty much end my meal. (My husband was COMPLETELY grossed out by this! And I am someone who has always had a very strong gag-reflex, let's just say that I am ALWAYS the one to deal with any bodily fluids expelled by our 2 children!). I will admit, it does still happen once in awhile - but the frequency has decreased A LOT! For me, the trigger became eggs really fast. Try to really mix up the proteins that you are eating, that seemed to help me. Or, put some melted reduced-fat cheese on it. For some reason - I still can't eat plain scrambled hamburg....in a patty, with a little sauce, or on a salad it's fine....but, just plain - gross! Hope that helps...at least you know you're not alone!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 08-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #1605
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amy482
Stats: 220.6/201.0/140
Start Date: 7/26/10
Thanks Keri! I will definitely try the melted cheese--that is a great idea. And yes I am glad to know I'm not alone!

Right now it hasn't been TOO much of a problem--I'm in school full time, and am on summer break right now, so I have ample time to sit and force down tiny bites of food--I'm just very worried that once school starts and I'm so busy (and away from the house a lot) that I won't have time to make stuff I can stand to eat! Luckly I have a couple more weeks to adjust and figure out what works before school starts back.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #1606
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Not Giselle
Stats: 5'8", 187/145/145
Start Date: 7/27/10
Hi all. I'm brand new. Started Medi last week and lost 10.5 pounds. WOOOO. That's encouraging.

I'm finding Week 2 a little more challenging - just trying to balance the veg/fruit and the healthy fat.

I also bounced out of ketosis twice after eating apples, but I went to the Ketosis thread and got a lot of information. I was dark, but I was testing first thing in the morning, so maybe it was deyhdration. I will test again this afternoon.

I weighed Tuesday, and I got on my scale this morning and had gained .5. I am trying not to be discouraged. Hopefully it's water retention or something. I did work out last night, and I saw a thread about how that can affect weight, too...so I don't know.

I know you're not supposed to weigh every day, but sometimes the pull is too much.

Just trying to stay motivated. I.can.do.this.

I am so thankful to have found this website. Already, it is a WEALTH of information.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #1607
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
For all the new people, I am going to try to add a little insight here. None of you got to the weights you began with by eating food that was healthy, and good for you. OF COURSE, the fast food, or high sugar high carb foods taste good. That is exactly how you became hooked on them. Do you ever notice how many ads there are on tv for food...FOOD! Some evening sit down and tally them up, and you may well be surprised. Does advertising influence how people eat? You can bet that it does. Think about how and when you ate before you were driven to do something about your weight. WHY did you begin this program, what was your mindset when you walked in the front door of the MWL clinic. Are you committed to your own health and fitness? Or are you looking at this as a quick fix..which it is not, by the way. This is a way of life, the way you look at food will change along the way if your commitment is there.

Food and eating poorly is an addiction just like any other addiction. It can be overcome but as with other addictions, it cannot be "cured". It will always be with you but you can overcome the symptoms that come from withdrawal. The emotional side of eating must be explored and worked on as well. Of course, you do not "like" eating all the right things, because you have allowed yourself to follow an unhealthy path for a long time. Of course, you would prefer something other than the foods on the approved list. Why not, that's what led you here. Check out all the recipe threads, and find ways to prepare your food that tempts your palate. You will be happily surprised. And always plan your food. If you are going to school or work, plan out your menu for the food you will consume away from home. Prepare it and have it ready to grab and pop into your lunch bag/carrier. Make sure you are drinking all your water, and get away from soda as much as possible. And find things to do that interest you, rather than just sitting and watching all those food ads on tv.

I do not deal well with eggs,but I have learned ways to prepare them that I tolerate well. I do not underestimate the gag reflex, but ask yourself this: did you ever gag on a french fry, or a milkshake, or a big mac, or one of those huge monster burgers, or a fat filled burrito or taco, a bag of chips or cheetos...I would bet not. BECAUSE you were so used to eating them. And you got used to eating them. You can get used to eating healthy foods as well. I, personally, do not like cauliflower or broccoli, but I found some recipes and decided to try them out...and I found out I could tolerate them..they are still not my favorite veggies, but I can prepare them in a way that is healthy and creative and taste good to me. These recipes can be found in our recipe threads in this forum.

Well, I have written two novellas this morning and I really need to get away from the computer and over to the fitness center. I work crazy hours and need to make the most of my time.

I wish you all success on your journey. Be sure you have added your stats into your profile so that we can celebrate your success with you.

Good luck to all!

Jo
Old 08-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #1608
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pensacolamomof2
Stats: 250/240/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 7/30/10
I had my first weigh-in today. I lost 10.2 lbs --approx. 6lbs of water and the rest fat!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #1609
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacolamomof2 View Post
I had my first weigh-in today. I lost 10.2 lbs --approx. 6lbs of water and the rest fat!
Woo Hoo!! That's great pensa-mom
Old 08-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #1610
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Great Job I have my 2nd weigh in on Tuesday. I hope I have a good weigh in. It is my TOM, so I am a little nervous.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #1611
Junior LCF Member

Annk and Soozi2

Thank you! It made week 1 worth it...I too had the headaches, dizziness, etc.. No appetite suppressants or fat burners for me due to the caffeine! So, I was worried that I couldn't do the program, but it still works! So, if anyone else is wondering...yes you can do it without the AS and Fat burners! Also, I am diabetic and my blood sugar has been so much better/lower this week that my doctor cut my meds today. I am ready for week 2. I will be adding 2 servings of vegetables each day this week. I have checked out the online recipes and will be trying some of them this week. The support and information on this site makes this plan so much easier to follow. Thank you to all who help us newbies!
Old 08-07-2010, 04:21 AM   #1612
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you! It made week 1 worth it...I too had the headaches, dizziness, etc.. No appetite suppressants or fat burners for me due to the caffeine! So, I was worried that I couldn't do the program, but it still works! So, if anyone else is wondering...yes you can do it without the AS and Fat burners! Also, I am diabetic and my blood sugar has been so much better/lower this week that my doctor cut my meds today. I am ready for week 2. I will be adding 2 servings of vegetables each day this week. I have checked out the online recipes and will be trying some of them this week. The support and information on this site makes this plan so much easier to follow. Thank you to all who help us newbies!
I agree ~ having this site (people) to check in with each day, whether I write or not, helps keep me accountable & motivated, along with the weekly weigh-ins at the clinic. What great news about the positive effects on your DM! I know some diabetics shy away from Low Carb plans, but this one is so sensible & so closely monitored by well qualified medical staff. From what I've seen on this LC site in all the different plans, MWL seems to be one of the very best, especially for those of us with "pre- existing" conditions! May I ask if you are Type I or Type II?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:38 AM   #1613
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momofjel
Stats: 230/182/160 and 5'7"
Start Date: July 6, 2010
I also want to give this site, and all the regular writers, a big thumbs up! Because of my dyslexia I am shy about writing, but because I can read about all the advice, support, success, problems and possible solutions, recipies, … the list goes on, I stay motivated and I don’t feel lonely on this journey. Thanks to everyone out there.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #1614
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Munchkin33
Stats: 151/139.6/116
Start Date: 07/17/2010
Just had my third weigh in... down 3.2lbs (1.6 fat)- down 11.4lbs in 3 weeks. Pretty happy, I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal. yay!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #1615
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Just had my third weigh in... down 3.2lbs (1.6 fat)- down 11.4lbs in 3 weeks. Pretty happy, I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal. yay!
Congratulations, Munchkin ~ that's GREAT!!!
I'm right behind you with my 3rd weigh in Monday... but I seem to be losing more slowly. No worries, though. I'm in this for the long haul !
Old 08-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #1616
Junior LCF Member

AnnK
I am type 2--diagnosed about 2 years ago. Too bad I didn't do this program sooner, maybe I could have prevented the diabetes. Oh well, I am here now.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #1617
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
AnnK
I am type 2--diagnosed about 2 years ago. Too bad I didn't do this program sooner, maybe I could have prevented the diabetes. Oh well, I am here now.
I am also a tye 2 diabetic. Have had it for the past 9 years. Since MWL my blood sugar is staying below 120 all of the time. I have stopped taking two of my meds and am only taking metformin. Even if weight loss is slow, this in itself is a reason to keep going.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #1618
Junior LCF Member

AnnK, pensacolamomof2, Munchkin33, momofjel

I look forward to taking this weight loss journey with you all. With eachothers support we can do this.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #1619
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I look forward to taking this weight loss journey with you all. With eachothers support we can do this.
Same here, it's amazingly addictive for me to check back here at least a couple of times a day to see how everyone is doing. I previously worked in a job where my caseload consisted of people with diabetes, plus I have 2 family members with DM. I wish I had had this information a few years ago to provide more support to those motivated to control their sugar. At the time, all I had heard about was Atkins, and I thought it would be dangerous for them. Now I think MWL would benefit many folks with diabetes ~ IF they have your motivation!!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #1620
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Me too! Having someone else to go through this with is so important to me. I check on here everyday to see how everyone is doing and it helps keep me motivated!
Closed Thread