Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #1561
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: atator1
Stats: Start 181 Goal 140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 07/22/2010
Ann K ~ thank you for the support and inspiration it is much needed. I am on day six and I feel like I am always hungry and the headaches have started. I get both shots but lately they don't seem to help me with the lack of energy. I go to my first weigh in tomorrow wish me luck.....

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #1562
Junior LCF Member

Nance 7 thank you for the tips I am on day six and I need all the help I can get. I am struggling with myself I want to do this so bad but I have days that I am stressed frustrated and just want to quit and eat normal. I think this site can help me stay positive and push through the rough patches. Thank you again for your support.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #1563
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by atator1 View Post
Nance 7 thank you for the tips I am on day six and I need all the help I can get. I am struggling with myself I want to do this so bad but I have days that I am stressed frustrated and just want to quit and eat normal. I think this site can help me stay positive and push through the rough patches. Thank you again for your support.
Atator, please don't give up! You will be so happy at your weigh-in. This plan really works. Just remember how unhappy you have been (your first message) and how great it is that you are taking control. When you are feeling deprived of food, remember all that you were deprived of before: feeling good about yourself, admiring glances, cute clothes, good health--or whatever you felt unhappy about. I decided that I prefer this type of "deprived", and now I don't feel deprived at all. Once you get fruits and vegs back, you will feel much more "normal". When you're feeling tempted, sit down and read through these threads, exercise, drink more water, or whatever it takes to refocus your thinking. Are you taking the appetite suppressants? You shouldn't be feeling really hungry--maybe just psychological hunger? Headachy and weak are normal during the first week. Tomorrow will be a good day!

Be sure to go to the User Control Panel, find "Edit Your Details" and post your beginning weight, your weight at tomorrow's weigh-in and your goal weight. That way, we can celebrate your losses with you. Can't wait to hear your results tomorrow!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #1564
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pensacolamomof2
Stats: 250/240/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 7/30/10
safe for diabetics?

I have an appt. tomorrow morning. But, I can't have caffeine(high blood pressure and irregular heart rate) and I am diabetic. I want to be successful on this plan, do you think it is doable without the supplements with caffeine?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:14 AM   #1565
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Yes, Pensacola ~ I DO think so. I'm well into my 2nd week. Even though I drink a cup or 2 of coffee in the morning, I had trouble with the appetitie suppressant & the fat burner (I believe those are the only 2 with caffeine). I, for one, found that I don't get hungry enough, so I ended up taking NO AS & I only take 1/2 of a fat burner in the evening (normally you take 3 per day). The staff will be happy to help you with your concerns & help you with an individual plan. Welcome & I know you'll do great!!
Oh, BTW ~ I also have hypertension & a mitral valve prolapse...
Old 07-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #1566
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nance7 View Post
Atator, please don't give up! You will be so happy at your weigh-in. This plan really works. Just remember how unhappy you have been (your first message) and how great it is that you are taking control. When you are feeling deprived of food, remember all that you were deprived of before: feeling good about yourself, admiring glances, cute clothes, good health--or whatever you felt unhappy about. I decided that I prefer this type of "deprived", and now I don't feel deprived at all. Once you get fruits and vegs back, you will feel much more "normal". When you're feeling tempted, sit down and read through these threads, exercise, drink more water, or whatever it takes to refocus your thinking. Are you taking the appetite suppressants? You shouldn't be feeling really hungry--maybe just psychological hunger? Headachy and weak are normal during the first week. Tomorrow will be a good day!

Be sure to go to the User Control Panel, find "Edit Your Details" and post your beginning weight, your weight at tomorrow's weigh-in and your goal weight. That way, we can celebrate your losses with you. Can't wait to hear your results tomorrow!
Nance7 good morning thank you for the support I am feeling a little better today the headache is only a mild one. I am excited about my weigh in this afternoon can't wait to see my progress this far. I can't wait to have my veggies don't really care about the fruit but before this I hardly ate meat and always ate veggies. Been missing them so much I will update tonight after my appointment. Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #1567
Junior LCF Member

B12 and B6 Shots

Hi Everyone!

I have been following all of your successes and decided to try this myself. I have tried HMR, Weight Watchers, and too many home diets to count. I have about 100lbs to lose and I just signed up today. I actually officially start tomorrow. I already have a question...I received the B12 and B6 shot today and about an hour later I had a really rapid heart rate and it lasted for hours...actually still have it now, but not as bad. Can the shots cause that?? I was already concerned about the appetite suppressants and fat burner causing me problems since I am overly sensitive to caffeine and I figured I wouldn't take them....but the shots? I never expected to have a problem with them.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #1568
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lauried0872
I've been on MWL for 3 weeks now and LOVE IT. I have lost 16.4 lbs and people are starting to notice!

A dear friend and co-worker just returned from India and after seeing me, is VERY interested in the MWL program. Which leads me to a week 1 question...

What do vegetarians eat during week 1? I know tofu...but what else? Does anyone have a list of proteins suitable for a vegetarian during week 1? I'd like to give her as much info as I can before she commits to that first $268 visit.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #1569
Junior LCF Member

AnnK-- Thank you for your encouragement. I did join today. I am glad someone else with the same conditions is having success with the program. I will see how day 1 goes tomorrow!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #1570
Junior LCF Member

Well I weighed in today and I am so bummed I only lost -3.8 pounds for week one, the plus side to that I guess is that it was 3.8 total fat but now I have to stay on protein only for another week. I guess I am going to have to try harder though I really have no idea what went wrong.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #1571
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/170/149 5'8" 39 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Congratulations on your weight loss atator1! Just think 3.8 pounds is almost 10% of the total weight that you want to lose. That's pretty amazing!

I had a bigger loss the second week that I had the first week, so please don't get discouraged. You are doing great!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #1572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Well I weighed in today and I am so bummed I only lost -3.8 pounds for week one, the plus side to that I guess is that it was 3.8 total fat but now I have to stay on protein only for another week. I guess I am going to have to try harder though I really have no idea what went wrong.
3.8 lbs. of fat is really good. I lost more the first week, but very little of it was fat, so I guess it was mostly water. I think you're doing better, and your body is gearing up and getting into fat burning! I know you were expecting more, but you're going in the right direction, and you're in control and doing good things for your body. It will come off!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #1573
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Nancy I needed that I was expecting more it was a shock to see the number so low. Hopefully my body will really get in gear I so want to get this weight off.. I wonder at this rate how long it will take me to get the 40 pounds off. I keep reminding myself that I didn't gain it over night so I won't get rid of it over night but I can still wish
Old 07-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #1574
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
Congratulations on your weight loss atator1! Just think 3.8 pounds is almost 10% of the total weight that you want to lose. That's pretty amazing!

I had a bigger loss the second week that I had the first week, so please don't get discouraged. You are doing great!
Suzanna thank you I really didn't think of it like that. You are right it is almost 10% of my total wish to loose. Thank you for making me look at it in a different perspective.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #1575
Senior LCF Member

Good job, Atator!! I know, my first weigh in (this week) felt like it should have been at least 10 pounds after all that work! But, as long as we go down, it's the right direction, huh??!! I guess the work's just beginning for us newbies!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #1576
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilypad
Stats: 166/163/125
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: July 20,2010
Hi, atator1- I just started last week, too and thought I would have lost more (lost 3.3 lbs). I was kind of bummed out, too. Also, my blood pressure had gone up-what's with that? But, I did get a wakeup call when I asked to see my bloodwork from last week's visit. My cholesterol levels were up-higher than ever before. If I didn't do something now-at 48 years old- I would be in big trouble. Even if it is a slow go-this has to be worth it! Let's hang in there together! We can do it! (and don't vegetables taste better than ever!!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #1577
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Good job, Atator!! I know, my first weigh in (this week) felt like it should have been at least 10 pounds after all that work! But, as long as we go down, it's the right direction, huh??!! I guess the work's just beginning for us newbies!
AnnK I agree it felt like I killed myself but like you said at least we are headed in the right direction, next week will be better for us I just know it. Being a newbie is tough but at least I am no longer dreaming about chocolate every night....that was the craziest thing to wake every morning thinking did I seriously just dream of chocolate
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #1578
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Hi, atator1- I just started last week, too and thought I would have lost more (lost 3.3 lbs). I was kind of bummed out, too. Also, my blood pressure had gone up-what's with that? But, I did get a wakeup call when I asked to see my bloodwork from last week's visit. My cholesterol levels were up-higher than ever before. If I didn't do something now-at 48 years old- I would be in big trouble. Even if it is a slow go-this has to be worth it! Let's hang in there together! We can do it! (and don't vegetables taste better than ever!!
Lilypad Thank you it is so hard not to be bummed when you feel you worked so hard but it will be better next Thurs when I weigh in again. I received the same rude awaking today with my cholestrol was extremely high and I will only be 34 next Tues. so I must fight now. I can't wait to fit in all my clothes that are stuffed in the back of my closet waiting for a skinny day, but most of all I want to be healthy again. We will stick in there together! This forum has been so helpful when I need support. It will be better for us and we will succeed.....
Old 07-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #1579
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh yeah still not allowed to have veggies....BUMMED Dr. is keeping me on protein ONLY for another week.....ERRRR I want some green beans and lettuce.....LOL
Old 07-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #1580
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Munchkin33
Stats: 151/139.6/116
Start Date: 07/17/2010
So I am feeling guilty and figured if I put it up here, I'll get over it! I've been pristine this second week..tonight My friend and I split a filet mignon from Ruth's Chris and I had some Broccoli (steamed, no cheese). I don't know why I'm feeling guilty...I'm just nervous because I had 600 grams of protein today. I've typically stayed at 500 give or take 15 cals and just feeling a lil paranoid that this filet is going to be my undoing. OK, off my chest....feel slightly better
Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 PM   #1581
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Good news for Newbies - Hi! I just checked my losses for my first week and though I lost 8 lbs only 2.8 lbs was fat....I had started in December. Once on MWL you need to be sure to drink all your water, or pretty darn close to it. On these hot, humid days our bodies try to retain water....so that could explain why you didn't lose at much weight, but still did better than me in your fat loss. You are losing! Just drink lots of water and Smart Water, etc to help you out. You are doing great!! Welcome!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:25 AM   #1582
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Good news for Newbies - Hi! I just checked my losses for my first week and though I lost 8 lbs only 2.8 lbs was fat....I had started in December. Once on MWL you need to be sure to drink all your water, or pretty darn close to it. On these hot, humid days our bodies try to retain water....so that could explain why you didn't lose at much weight, but still did better than me in your fat loss. You are losing! Just drink lots of water and Smart Water, etc to help you out. You are doing great!! Welcome!
Thanks, Debbie! The HEAT is unbelieveable & the humidity is sky high here in SC. So, I hadn't thought about that affecting weight loss ~ thanks for that!

Atator ~ LOVE your sharing about the chocolate dreams!!! I found these little 100 cal packs of cocoa roast almonds (the brand is Emerald) at the grocery that are really good & give me a chocolate fix. You might think about those next week for an occasional snack??
Old 07-30-2010, 06:39 AM   #1583
Senior LCF Member

Stomach Aches?

Any other newbies (or previous newbies) having stomach or side pains? The side (left) has been pretty prevalent daily since after the 1st couple os days of my 1st week, and my stomach has recently had a nagging ache.
I know it's ghastly hot here, but I'm floating in water & electrolyte drinks. I do everything else right, too, I think. Thought it might be constipation (sorry if that's TMI)... so I started on FiberCon to see if that helps.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:52 AM   #1584
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin33 View Post
So I am feeling guilty and figured if I put it up here, I'll get over it! I've been pristine this second week..tonight My friend and I split a filet mignon from Ruth's Chris and I had some Broccoli (steamed, no cheese). I don't know why I'm feeling guilty...I'm just nervous because I had 600 grams of protein today. I've typically stayed at 500 give or take 15 cals and just feeling a lil paranoid that this filet is going to be my undoing. OK, off my chest....feel slightly better
Hi Munchkin ~ My clinic told me I could actually go UP to 600. Like you, I've tried to keep it down to 500, but sounds like you stayed within plan. Bet that filet was GOOD!!
I felt terrible the other night because I went 9 carbs over ~ beat myself up all night. Geesh
Old 07-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #1585
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh yeah still not allowed to have veggies....BUMMED Dr. is keeping me on protein ONLY for another week.....ERRRR I want some green beans and lettuce.....LOL
Another week of proteins only? Bless your heart (and you are taking care of your heart! Hang in there! Maybe we can share ways to jazz up those eggs-I'm running out of recipes LOL
Old 07-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #1586
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK View Post
Any other newbies (or previous newbies) having stomach or side pains? The side (left) has been pretty prevalent daily since after the 1st couple os days of my 1st week, and my stomach has recently had a nagging ache.
I know it's ghastly hot here, but I'm floating in water & electrolyte drinks. I do everything else right, too, I think. Thought it might be constipation (sorry if that's TMI)... so I started on FiberCon to see if that helps.
Hey, AnnK- I have noticed a nagging pain in my right side (hoping it's not gall bladder) and I've been wondering if it's from the medicine/supplements. Do you take 12 tablets/day, too? I've been trying to take the "end of day" ones earlier in the evening so I'm not going to bed with them still in my stomach. And, taking others in 15 min intervals after food and lots of liquids. That seems to be helping me. I'm going to ask about it at my next visit, though. Take care
Old 07-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #1587
Senior LCF Member

Hey lily ~ I did cut out the appetitie suppressant due to side effects & I don't get that hungry. I also just take 1/2 fat burner in the evening. I was wondering if it could be the calcium pill? Thanks for all your suggestions ~ I'll try them! I'll also check at my next visit on Monday. Let me know how you come along.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #1588
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: soozi2
Stats: 221/183/24.9 BMI
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 2010
Hi everyone. I am on Day 5 of my first week on Medi Weight loss. I have really enjoyed reading all of the information that everyone posts. I have learned alot alreay from ya'll. I don't know about my weight, but I am diabetic and pre MWL my fasting blood sugar averaged about 160. Since beginning MWL, my fasting sugar has been averaging 100. When I was a member of WW, they told us to always celebrate non weight related victories. So today I celebrate lower blood sugar and I look forward to the day I can give up high blood pressure, high cholestrol, and high blood sugar medication.

Last edited by soozi2; 07-30-2010 at 05:44 PM..
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #1589
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Another week of proteins only? Bless your heart (and you are taking care of your heart! Hang in there! Maybe we can share ways to jazz up those eggs-I'm running out of recipes LOL
The bad thing is I can't even eat eggs I am allergic so it is turkey and cottage cheese for every meal. Sometimes I bake a piece of chicken with some spices but mostly my meals are very unexciting......Gotta do it though must get through one more week. I can do it
Old 07-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #1590
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soozi2 View Post
Hi everyone. I am on Day 5 of my first week on Medi Weight loss. I have really enjoyed reading all of the information that everyone posts. I have learned alot alreay from ya'll. I don't know about my weight, but I am diabetic and pre MWL my fasting blood sugar averaged about 160. Since beginning MWL, my fasting sugar has been averaging 100. When I was a member of WW, they told us to always celebrate non weight related victories. So today I celebrate lower blood sugar and I look forward to the day I can give up high blood pressure, high cholestrol, and high blood sugar medication.
Soozi

Congratulations on the lowered blood sugar! That is a reason to celebrate! I also have diabetes. I am only on day 2, but I have already seen an improvement. Mine is staying around 110-120 all day now (was about 200 last week) except the first morning test is still high at 130.
Closed Thread