Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 07:49 AM   #1381
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SuperShar
Stats: 261/252/130
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: June 11, 2010
Day 3 Begins

Good morning, all! So this starts my third day. Still carrying a temperature and feeling quite sluggish from this cold.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and feedback. I think this is really going to make a difference for me.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #1382
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: With Gratitude
Stats: Start: 188 / 180.0 / 120 / Goal dress size: 4-6
WOE: MediWeightLoss Clinics
Start Date: 6/9/10
On a Journey,
There are recipes for Oopsie rolls on the sauce /oopsie roll thread. I posted to see if we could have them this week and we can't because it requires cream cheese in the batter. If you do a search for them, they sound really versatile...put herbs in it to make it savory, sweeteners / cinnamon to make it sweet.

SuperShar, I'm sorry you have a cold but kudos to you to start anyway! Congrats!

I wish each and every one of you success too! It's great knowing others are starting the diet too. It's totally inspiring to read about others losing so much but then I think how far I have to go and honestly, there are moments when it seems daunting since it comes off slowly. I have to keep reminding myself that each pound will count then one day I'll wake up and feel and BE lighter. So it's great to read about others starting up around the same time as I am too. I can't wait to look in the mirror and recognize myself again, fit in smaller clothes and not have my thighs rub together so I can comfortably wear shorts, skirts and dresses.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #1383
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onajourney
Stats: 288.5/252/160-170?
Start Date: 06/10/2010
With Gratitude,

Thank you for info on the oopsie rolls, they sound really good. I can't wait to be able to add veggies and these to the diet.

3rd day down, day number 4. One day at a time! Looking forward to a healthy future.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:11 AM   #1384
Junior LCF Member

I miss veggies and fruit too. I was a HUGE veggie eater so I really miss them. I am craving some fruits but I'm going to try to keep them out for a few more weeks...someone posted about them keeping fruits out for 1 month and it really kick started their weight loss. I NEED to see a significant weight loss to keep going (have lost & gained up to 12lbs here and there so I need to get to 20lbs as fast as I can I think to see that I can do this). I will be very happy to get veggies back in though!

I'm on Day #5 and I'm quite tired today. Hubby is out biking and I think I'm literally going to take a nap when he gets back and I NEVER nap.

FYI: I marinated some chicken yesterday in Stubbs marinades...I had 3 oz with no EXTRA sauce - just what was on the chicken and I physically feel my hands and feet are a bit puffier so I think I'm going to do my best to stick to dry rubs...maybe make my own marinades w/ spices and freeze them in ice cube size servings to use? I weigh in on Wednesday late morning so I really want to see a decent loss...I hope I do.

Last edited by With Gratitude; 06-13-2010 at 10:23 AM..
Old 06-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #1385
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Oopsies are a no no for week one. But delightful for week two onward.

Remember that this is a major lifestyle change. Your whole attitude toward food and WHY you eat as you do must change along with the weight loss. The commitment you make to yourself is key, as is exercise and a mindset change. This is a good time to really think about why and what you eat, and make the changes necessary for a healthier lifestyle.

Jo
Old 06-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #1386
Junior LCF Member

That's a really good point, Desert-Rose. Thank you for shedding light on that aspect of it.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #1387
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi Friends,
I just want to expound on some things that Jo said - figuring out WHY you eat and changing your attitude about food. I've been doing this for several months and tomorrow I know the scales will be less than 150, so I'm down 40 lbs. It's amazing to me that I haven't seen these numbers in 13 years....but I still want to be at a healthy weight, which will be about 15 lbs lighter. In the past 6 wks I've really been thinking about how I was eating....a lot of it was out of anger to others....and you know what, most of the time the battle was all in my HEAD and not even something the other person was really thinking! I have reacted in ways I didn't need to, and because of "suffering with anger" I'd reward myself with food for not acting out verbally or nurture myself with food when the other didn't tell me what I thought I needed. It's a messed up perception of LOVE vs APPROVAL. Please take time to take care of you. I've been talking with others here on the site about some of this...really helps to know we're not alone. Hey, be truthful to yourself...the TRUTH will set you free! Blessings, Deb
Old 06-14-2010, 06:39 AM   #1388
Junior LCF Member

Day 4

Feeling a little better today, everyone. I hope to be strong enough to get out some today. The good thing about being home sick is that I didn't have to be out socializing and tempted by other foods.

So far, so good on the program though I noticed between yesterday and this morning, I am wanting something else. Not really a craving, probably old habits trying to seep through.

I agree with Fit2010 and Desert-Rose about taking this time to embrace a new lifestyle and looking at the reasons why I ate the way I did before. It's the start of a new journey!

Good luck to the rest of the newbies. Let's not give up, and let's just take it one day at a time. And for some of us, that may mean one meal, one hour at a time.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #1389
Junior LCF Member

SuperShar,
Day #4 was fine for me, just a smidge less energetic than Day #3 but Day #5 was really exhausting for me. I felt like I ran a mile just from walking up the stairs - literally my legs were burning like a ran. I sat most the day, watched TV and caught up on folding clothes, dusting / oiling bedroom furniture.

Today I'm on Day #6 and I actually FEEL a SMIDGE lighter and definitely rested and more energetic. Not sluggish at all. :-)
Old 06-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #1390
Junior LCF Member

SuperShar, Glad to hear your feeling better.

Today is Day # 5 and I felt really tired and sluggish today.
I hope tomorrow is better.
All the other days I have felt really tired in the morning and then as the day goes on I feel good. Today was the first day I was really tired all day.

Has anyone tried the protein shakes? Can we have them in week 2.
I was thinking about trying them for breakfast it would be a lot easier for me with my schedule.

One day at time so far so good.
All us newbies seem to be hanging in there so far...We can do it.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #1391
Junior LCF Member

on a journey, Day #5 was hard for me too today is better. I was told by my center that the shakes were fine starting Week #1 but it's best to limit them to 1x per day...Instead of buying theirs, I'm using Syntrax brand...23g of protein, 0 carbs, 0 sugars, 100 calories per scoop.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #1392
Junior LCF Member

With Gratitude,

Thanks for the info, I hope to feel better tomorrow.

I am going to try the shakes for sure at breaksfast.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:07 AM   #1393
Junior LCF Member

Day 5

Good morning! Onajourney, With Gratitude, thanks for the responses. Got up early this morning feeling a little nauseous, but it passed. Took the puppy outside and went back to sleep. Then I woke up feeling as if I were starving.

Onajourney, I think my day 5 may be a little like yours. I feel very sluggish. If I didn't have to keep getting up to feed the puppy, spend time with her, and take her outside, I think I would spend the morning in bed.

Anyway, good luck to everyone today. One day...one meal...one hour at a time. Let's just not give up!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:19 AM   #1394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Best of luck to all of you. I am on week 10 and am hoping to hit a 30lb loss tomorrow at my weigh-in. When I was on week one I thought it would be forever before I got to this point, but it really has gone quickly. And I do agree with the above ladies. I think it is important to take the time to figure out why we ate the way we use to, and what we need to change in our thinking so that we won't go back to that old weight of eatting. This is a lifesytle change, that hopefully we will all embrace for the rest of our lives. I have known lots of people to go on these type of "diets" just to gain it back once they are off the "diet". So it's really better to view this as a new weight of eatting for the rest of our lives, than just a "diet" that we will indure to reach our goal. Best of luck to all of you! You will feel great in no time.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:02 AM   #1395
Junior LCF Member

I know that this is awful to say and I don't mean to sound like a twit but I have been craving certain foods the past few days and I've honestly been trying to think of WHY I want them...maybe in time, I'll be able to delve in deeper in my emotions or mind but honestly, all I could think of is, "because it would simply taste good!" :-(. I couldn't think of healthy alternatives in lieu of what I'm craving so I just keep putting off the craving another hour...another day and try to get busy doing something else to get my mind off of it. I organized my pantry spice racks and under my kitchen sink this morning. God knows I can do a lot more organizing in my home!! Haha. I just may get both thinner and more organized by the time all is said and done!! :-)

I am not an emotionally devoid person but I do hope that the REASONS like you all are talking about SOON dawn on me so I can address those but all I can think of now is how good they'd taste in my mouth. I have to keep telling myself that me LOOKING thinner and BEING more energetic is going to be much better than anything could possibly taste.
I weigh in today so I'm soooo nervous. Lins, thank you for sharing with us how you felt in the beginning!! That helps a lot! I know that most people probably wake up one morning and emotionally feel motivated to finally make that change and they feel ready to start a program. I was waiting for that feeling and one morning simply just felt a bit bloated and puffy so I stepped on the scale to see how much 'water' retention I had and I was FLOORED at what I saw pop up on the scale. I had totally planned a yummy breakfast that morning and just knew that for my height, this is not a healthy weight for me to be at so I started dieting on my own that morning and lost 4lbs that week then when the motivation started to slide, I called the first number that I had a coupon for...Medi Weight Loss :-). So here I am. I just HOPE that my home scale and their scale are close in comparison! At home, I've lost some weight but I'll wait to post exactly how much when I go this morning. I guess I'm sceptical of MYSELF and ability to do this so I just KNOW that if I can just get to those first 15 -20 pounds, I'll be EXCITED about it and be my own cheerleader! :-)

Last edited by With Gratitude; 06-15-2010 at 06:07 AM..
Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #1396
Major LCF Poster!

*Gaining control of emotional eating*

This is an article from the Mayo Clinic that you may find helpful.

Tips to get your weight-loss efforts back on track
Although negative emotions can trigger emotional eating, you can take steps to control cravings and renew your effort at weight loss. To help stop emotional eating, try these tips:

Tame your stress. If stress contributes to your emotional eating, try a stress management technique, such as yoga, meditation or relaxation.

Have a hunger reality check. Is your hunger physical or emotional? If you ate just a few hours ago and don't have a rumbling stomach, you're probably not really hungry. Give the craving a little time to pass.

Keep a food diary. Write down what you eat, how much you eat, when you eat, how you're feeling when you eat and how hungry you are. Over time, you may see patterns emerge that reveal the connection between mood and food.

Get support. You're more likely to give in to emotional eating if you lack a good support network. Lean on family and friends or consider joining a support group.
Fight boredom. Instead of snacking when you're not truly hungry, distract yourself. Take a walk, watch a movie, play with your cat, listen to music, read, surf the Internet or call a friend.

Take away temptation. Don't keep supplies of comfort foods in your home if they're hard for you to resist. And if you feel angry or blue, postpone your trip to the grocery store until you're sure that you have your emotions in check.

Don't deprive yourself. When you're trying to achieve a weight-loss goal, you may limit your calories too much, eat the same foods frequently and banish the treats you enjoy. This may just serve to increase your food cravings, especially in response to emotions. Let yourself enjoy an occasional treat and get plenty of variety to help curb cravings.

Snack healthy. If you feel the urge to eat between meals, choose a low-fat, low-calorie snack, such as fresh fruit, vegetables with fat-free dip, or unbuttered popcorn. Or try low-fat, lower calorie versions of your favorite foods to see if they satisfy your craving.

Get enough sleep. If you're constantly tired, you might snack to try to give yourself an energy boost. Take a nap or go to bed earlier instead.

Seek therapy. If you've tried self-help options but you still can't get control of your emotional eating, consider therapy with a professional mental health provider. Therapy can help you understand the motivations behind your emotional eating and help you learn new coping skills. Therapy can also help you discover whether you may have an eating disorder, which is sometimes connected to emotional eating.

If you have an episode of emotional eating, forgive yourself and start fresh the next day. Try to learn from the experience and make a plan for how you can prevent it in the future. Focus on the positive changes you're making in your eating habits and give yourself credit for making changes that'll lead to better health.

Sometimes the strongest cravings for food happen when you're at your weakest point emotionally. You may turn to food for comfort — consciously or unconsciously — when you're facing a difficult problem, stress or just looking to keep yourself occupied.

But emotional eating can sabotage your weight-loss efforts. Emotional eating often leads to eating too much, especially too much of high-calorie, sweet, fatty foods. But the good news is that if you're prone to emotional eating, you can take steps to regain control of your eating habits and get back on track with your weight-loss goals.

The connection between mood, food and weight loss

Emotional eating is eating as a way to suppress or soothe negative emotions, such as stress, anger, fear, boredom, sadness and loneliness. Both major life events and the hassles of daily life can trigger negative emotions that lead to emotional eating and disrupt your weight-loss efforts. These triggers may include:

Unemployment
Financial pressure
Health problems
Relationship conflicts
Work stress
Bad weather
Fatigue
Although some people actually eat less in the face of strong emotions, if you're in emotional distress you may turn to impulsive or binge eating — you may rapidly eat whatever's convenient, without even enjoying it. In fact, your emotions may become so tied to your eating habits that you automatically reach for a sweet treat whenever you're angry or stressed without stopping to think about what you're doing.

Food also serves as a distraction. If you're worried about an upcoming event or stewing over a conflict, for instance, you may focus on eating comfort food instead of dealing with the painful situation.

Whatever emotions drive you to overeat, the end result is often the same. The emotions return, and you may also now bear the additional burden of guilt about setting back your weight-loss goal. This can also lead to an unhealthy cycle — your emotions trigger you to overeat, you beat yourself up for getting off your weight-loss track, you feel badly, and you overeat again.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #1397
Junior LCF Member

With Gratitude, thanks for sharing and letting us know what you have been battling. I imagine we'll all go through it, so we need to see how each other deals.

Every time I see a commercial for something that I used to love, I just tell myself that it is junk, devoid of nutritional value and indulging in it is the very reason why I'm twice the size I should be. I want to get to the point where I eat clean throughout the day, every day, and limit junk to a once in a while treat, not a daily treat or treat for eating a clean meal. This means I won't ever eat the same junk I used to eat when I am home and bored or watching a movie. Most of us are probably junk food/carb addicts. When we eat those foods our eating is out of control and we want more and more. Right now we are in recovery, we are healing ourselves, we are taking care of ourselves (some of us for the first time), and we are choosing to love ourselves over the taste of anything we used to eat.

I haven't been craving anything in particular, I'm just tired of eating meat without the bread and cheese. However, I am cooking and preparing fresh foods for myself for the first time in forever. I did this program because it wasn't based on pre-packaged, processed foods devoid of most nutritional value. I am using this as an opportunity to learn to spoil myself with freshly prepared meals (though I did purchase a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for quick meals, eating it without the skin).

I look forward to hearing how well you did when you weighed in today, With Gratitude.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #1398
Junior LCF Member

With Graditude, SuperShar

Thanks for sharing it really does help. It helps me to have a place to come and share how I feel with people who are going through the same.

Desert-Rose and Lins
Thanks for the info and encouragement I know it will help.

Today is day# 6 and I feel a lot better today.
I have also been craving some things especially popcorn. I just tell myself its not worth it. If I eat it..then what..right back where I started.
When I put it in that prospective it helps.
Weigh in tomorrow..nervous

With Gratitude, I know how you feel...for me its nothing deep right now..I think it would taste good. I have explored in the why I eat the way I do..and will continue. I have to make changes and stick to it.

I tend to go the opposite during emotional and stressful times and not eat. Thus my weight has been all over the place, has ballooned as of late.
I grew up in a family and culture where food was important and central.
Developed a lot of horrible eating habits and a liking for foods not good for you.

So far so good! Will be happy to begin week 2.

Everyone keep up the good work
It is worth it for our physical and emotional health!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #1399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
Hello Gang! Just checking in and happy to report I'm down 5.2! for my second week. Total 2 week loss 14.4
This blog as well as all the other threads really help. Keep writing.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #1400
Junior LCF Member

Congratulations Sally1!

That is great!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #1401
Junior LCF Member

Day 6

Congratulations, Sally1! With Gratitude, how did you do?

Feeling even better today. Showered, got dressed and out this morning. Was trying to go get my blood work done, but for some reason the place was closed.

I did not get a mid-week shot, but now I wish that I had because I feel like i'm having cravings that maybe I wouldn't have if i had gotten the mid-week shot. You know how it is when you are driving around or out in the street - old habits want to take control. I really wanted a sausage, egg, and cheese croissant sandwich.

I cheated and weighed myself at home because I wanted to see how I am doing. Happy with the results, but I won't weigh myself again. I'll wait until I weigh-in at the center on Friday.

I'm tired of canadian bacon and eggs in the morning What else are you guys eating?
Old 06-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #1402
Major LCF Poster!

~supershar~ I think the key for you is the word WANT. You WANTED that sandwich, but did you really NEED it? There is a huge difference between the two. Usually, at least for me, before I began this program, the WANT was just something to stuff in my mouth, just because, no other reason than it would taste good but would do nothing to fuel my body. That is one of the things that you will find you can change with this program.

And check out the breakfast recipe thread, there are some good ideas in there. You can even try switching out lunch and breakfast to see if that helps.

Try you best to avoid the scales at home. It can be a self defeating action. Weight varies on a daily basis, as those of us on maintenance can tell you. You will frustrate yourself and your program if you weigh at home. Good idea to wait till your clinic weigh in. In fact, the clinic encourages you to put the scales away till you reach maintenance, at least mine did. Concentrate on how you are feeling, and work to develop new and healthier eating habits.

I do not know how tall you are but your starting weight is one pound away from mine. All things are possible if you make the commitment to yourself for a healthier lifestyle. You CAN do this!

Jo
Old 06-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #1403
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone,
According to their scale, I was only down 3.5lbs for my first week. I was told that some things were allowed per the nutritionist when I started but when I saw the doctor yesterday, she told me that I shouldn't have had them on the 1st week. I was told (by the nutritionist) that I could allow (1max per day
1 Carb master Yogurt or Cottage Cheese
1 string cheese (limit 1 for the week)
1 wedge laughing cow cheese
Crystal Lite Fitness (I think is what it's called) the one w/ 3g of cane sugar & stevia...she told me I could limit 1 packet per day (so I split 1 packet up between (2) 16 oz bottles of water)
and of course my proteins but the doc said that I shouldn't have had any of them on the first week except for the cottage cheese maybe 1 or 2x...so I'm cutting them out this week and only adding veggies & healthy fats.

I have been weighing myself at home :-) and my scale says I'm down 8.8lbs from when I started.

I'm not sure though that I'm going to continue MWL...I have anaphlactic sulfa allergies and wasn't aware of methionine containing trace amounts of sulfa...I DID let them know of my sulfa allergy and they said it was safe but then I found out yesterday that I shouldn't have received them which is in their b12 shot...I received injections 3x (one from the doctor) and she didn't even know that it contained trace amounts of sulfa (she confirmed it w/ their pharmacist) so my husband and I are ticked off that I could have gone into anaphlactic shock (luckily I didn't ) but I did have a small reaction yesterday so hubby is really ticked. Not sure what I'm going to do but I will continue a weight loss program somehow...either through another center or on my own...

SuperShar, one more day and you can incorporate veggies! YEAH! :-)
For breakfast, I ate for week 1:
A protein shake or
1 whole egg + 1 egg white w/ seasonings & tabasco
1/2 cup LF cottage cheese
I did have a yogurt one day for bfast but learned yesterday that I shouldn't have had it last week.

Now I'll do something like eggs + sauteed spinach
Green veggie smoothie + protein shake
salmon + veggies
1.5 oz salmon + 1 egg scrambled together + veggies.

Last edited by With Gratitude; 06-16-2010 at 09:54 AM..
Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #1404
Junior LCF Member

SuperShar,
The cravings my first week were tough. Not impossible to avoid like you accomplished but they did nag at me. Yesterday and today though, although I can easily acknowledge that the foods would taste good to me, I can honestly say that I am in no way CRAVING them. In fact, I was craving pizza sooo bad that I couldn't wait to make the cauliflower pizza - totally have all of the ingredients on hand but now that I CAN have it, I am fine without it and opted for 3oz of white chicken + a homemade ceasar salad for lunch (olive oil, lemon juice, fresh garlic, worstechire sauce - minus the parmesan).

For those who also avoid artificial sweeteners (which is why I can't do the other Crystal Lites)
I have been squeezing fresh lemon or lime juice w/ stevia, xylitol, or erythritol into 2 of my water bottles per day to help me reach my water intake for the day. I've done this in the past but thought the Crystal Lite packets were wonderfully convenient (I'm bummed that I literally bought SIX boxes of them!!) so I'm back to just making it fresh.

ETA:
One more thing for those on week 1 still...the nutritionist also told me that I could have unlimited pickles & saurkraut but then I noticed yesterday that my packet said that I could now ADD saurkraut and it has a measured amount of 1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked veggies so it leads me to think that saurkraut may not have been allowed during week 1? It is actually like a pickle so if it was, perhaps then it's just not 'unlimited' and should be measured?

Last edited by With Gratitude; 06-16-2010 at 10:10 AM..
Old 06-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #1405
Junior LCF Member

I have a question everyone:
Are you counting veggie calories & carbs too after the 1st week? SonoRoo had a good question in another thread as to if we're supposed to count fat calories as well?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #1406
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by With Gratitude View Post
..I have anaphlactic sulfa allergies and wasn't aware of methionine containing trace amounts of sulfa...I DID let them know of my sulfa allergy and they said it was safe but then I found out yesterday that I shouldn't have received them which is in their b12 shot...
Oh my gosh! I wonder if that's what I'm allergic to! I had a major reaction to the shots and the NP said it must be something in the preservative. I mean major tingling in my face, lips numb, big time heart palps, face turned red, sensitive to sun. I had to go to the doctor for a cortisone shot and the NP said not to take their omega 3s because it probably has the same preservative as well. Very interesting.

Oh and just FYI - not taking the shots didn't affect me one bit. I took the sublingual b vitamin you put under the tongue and was fine. I was a little tired is all. So really, don't let that stop you.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!

Last edited by eptexy; 06-16-2010 at 03:18 PM..
Old 06-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #1407
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
This is crazy - thank you so much for sharing about your sulfa allergy. I just did some reading and I'm wondering if I'm also allergic to the sulfites in my shampoo! Some brands make me literally claw at my scalp. Recently I had a straightening thing done and had to use sulfite free shampoo and my scalp was totally FINE. Weirdest thing...
Old 06-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #1408
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
With Gratitude, you can do it without the AS and fat burners. I have been doing it on my own because I have high blood pressure and I cannot take those things and lost 28 lbs in 8 weeks. This site is great support and I learned alot. I do the b12 drops under my tongue which I bought at a pharmacy. You could check and see if it has sulfa or not and try that one.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #1409
Junior LCF Member

With Gratitude,
I am sorry for your experience. You do not have to take the injections there are other alternatives for vitamin B12. You had a great start. Congratulations you are 3.5 lbs lighter.
Whether you go MWL or not there is a lot of support here.
Hang in there.

I was a little disappointed that my TOM would be the week of my first weigh in but I lost 5.5 lbs. I am ok with that because I know I stuck to the diet.

One day at a time...failure is not an option.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:19 AM   #1410
Junior LCF Member

Day 7

Hey, all! Whew! Made it through day 6 and it wasn't easy. Told myself several times that I wasn't going to continue to do this, that the diet was too restrictive. I was really struggling, but I did stay on plan. The battle is in my mind.

With Gratitude, sorry about the experience you are having with your center. Sounds like you have a supportive hubby at home and that you are learning a lot for week 2. Congrats on the weight loss.

Thanks for the breakfast ideas, and I did check out the recipes. There are some really good ones.

Feeling well this morning. Have to take the puppy to the vet. Day 7 begins, and I'm ready.
Closed Thread