Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #1351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
Hi Mommy 2,

Yes you belong! I'm from RI too! going for my first w/e today.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #1352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Sally - which clinic do you to to? I go to Cranston.

Woo-hoo, down another 3.1 lbs this week (and I was scared since its the TOM for me, wasn't sure how much water I would retain). If I could only find the time to up my cardio - 30 minutes is about all I have in me at night once my girls go to sleep! Tonight "Losing it with Jillian" is on...hoping to treadmill through that (I'll just pretend Jillian is yelling at me!).
Old 06-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #1353
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rdukeshire
Stats: 270/226/220
WOE: MEDI Weightloss
Start Date: June 1, 2010
First week complete

OK, well my 1st week is done and I've just come back from the clinic. After what I would consider a good week I have come away with a great number. 15 pounds down.

I really do thank this site and all those that contribute as it helped me understand what I was getting myself into, and that definitely helped make it an easier week. So thanks everyone.

Now I just need to figure out where in this forum I go next.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #1354
Senior LCF Member

Rud!!!! Wow! that is awesome!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #1355
Senior LCF Member

oops! Rdu, brain freeze
Old 06-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #1356
Senior LCF Member

Mommy2 I also go to Cranston LOL
Old 06-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #1357
Senior LCF Member

First weigh in.....9.2 pounds
Old 06-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #1358
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LonghornRose
Stats: 289.6/276.8/239
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 06/04/10*
Sally & RDU: Those are FANTASTIC numbers! Way to go, both of you. I can only imagine how excited you both must be.

Tell me, have you been exercising at all? I'm on my first week, too, and haven't done any exercise; just haven't felt energetic enough. I've had no problems at all with keeping my calories in check. In fact, I'm maybe not eating enough. I was given 800 - 1000, but I've gone over 800 only once. Every other day has been about 650 - 750 calories. I'm also not in ketosis. Checked yesterday, and was in the small range; today, nothing.

I don't think I'm going to have a great loss, which will be so disappointing. At least when I go in, maybe I'll be able to find out what I'm doing wrong, as I've got to get this weight off.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #1359
Senior LCF Member

Rose, I have not been exercising this week but plan on starting today. Try not to be disappointed, when you check in they will go over everything with you. When is you weigh in?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #1360
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
Start Date: May 11, 2010
Rose - I didn't exercise AT ALL the first week, and lost 12.1 lbs. I was actually told not to start exercising that week, because your body would not have much energy. I started walking the 2nd week. I just asked about ketosis at my clinic today, because I am in the large range everyday - which I had been told meant dehydration, but there is no way I could be dehydrated! - and they said some people are lucky if they see trace/small each day, while others always see moderate/large. If you are only eating protein, then I wouldn't worry about it yet. I think you had mentioned you were having some carbs (like the shakes) - I couldn't do ANY carbs the first week, maybe that's holding up the ketosis. Just be patient, the program really does work!

Sally & rdukeshire - way to go on the first weigh-in!!! Woo-hoo!!!

It seems like Rose, Sally, rdukeshire, and myself are at similar starting weights - it'll be nice to have a group to lose all those pounds with!

Over 100lbs. GONE FOREVER
Thanks to MWL!
8 months to Wellness....5/11/10 - 1/11/11
Old 06-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #1361
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rdukeshire
Stats: 270/226/220
WOE: MEDI Weightloss
Start Date: June 1, 2010
Hang in there LongHornRose, trust in what their telling you and if you have any concerns I would call your clinic. I was put on 650 cal a day with no carbs throughout the first week. I did not exercise but had a lot of energy (my wife was thrilled with my wanting to help her clean the house just to stay active).

We are by far not experts with this yes but you have to trust. I also told myself this morning that if I only lost 3 pounds not to be upset as I WAS feeling better. Stay positive and remember most of us have had too much fun getting to this weight, and now we just need to be responsible to do something positive about it.

Sally, congrats. It's been good to watch your comments to see what someone else is doing at the same time. Mommy2Princess, it will indeed be interesting to watch what we do and hopefully help each other.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #1362
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LonghornRose
Stats: 289.6/276.8/239
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 06/04/10*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2princesses View Post
Rose - I didn't exercise AT ALL the first week, and lost 12.1 lbs. I was actually told not to start exercising that week, because your body would not have much energy. I started walking the 2nd week. I just asked about ketosis at my clinic today, because I am in the large range everyday - which I had been told meant dehydration, but there is no way I could be dehydrated! - and they said some people are lucky if they see trace/small each day, while others always see moderate/large. If you are only eating protein, then I wouldn't worry about it yet. I think you had mentioned you were having some carbs (like the shakes) - I couldn't do ANY carbs the first week, maybe that's holding up the ketosis. Just be patient, the program really does work!

Sally & rdukeshire - way to go on the first weigh-in!!! Woo-hoo!!!

It seems like Rose, Sally, rdukeshire, and myself are at similar starting weights - it'll be nice to have a group to lose all those pounds with!
Thanks for the support, everyone. I, too, like the fact there are a few of us in a similar weight range, starting Medi at roughly the same time. It would be nice if we could stick together on this journey!

Although I'm a little discouraged right now, I know I will have lost weight at my weigh-in (which is Thursday, btw), and I also feel so much better. My clothes are a little looser (more comfortable, at least!), and I'm not craving carbs like I normally do, so to me, that's a huge improvement.

I should have gone for my 2nd MIC today, but kept putting off going in because I just didn't feel like getting out. Since my clinic is closed on Mondays, I'm going to try to schedule my weekly appt. on Fridays, and then make a point to always go in Tues. for the 2nd shot. That way, I can stretch them out, and maybe that will help with the fatique.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
**Rose**
Old 06-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #1363
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nagi
Stats: 210/210/160
WOE: MEDI 500cal
Start Date: June 2010
This is my first week

Hey buddies, i started the program today. I'm 210 lb now and my goal is 150. I know it will be a bigggg challenge for me, specially because i love to cook FATTTTTTTTYYY dishes But I think i will reach it.

My first complaint is about the sleep issue. I didnt start to take the prescription pill yet, because I didnt have time to make de EKG, but the Doc gave me that Medi pill, Stay Slim, I toke the first pill yesterday at 1:30pm and i also had the shots, so, i dont know why,at 2 am i was still sooo awake , and with energy

It's gonna be like this always?? I'm a bit lost because i need some sleep

thanks all

Last edited by Nagi; 06-10-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Old 06-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #1364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Hey

I have insomnia issues as well, I dont take the stay slim/appetite supprssent any time after 3pm if I want to sleep that night. I also have a perscription for Xanax which I am able to use as a sleep aid.

Good luck, you can do it. I actually never used to cook before medi and now i dont mind it and look forward to it. I save so much money just by not eating out so much. the program really does work when you stick to it, and its worth every bit of effort when you see the first numbers go down. Esp that huge first week.

take care

Mini Goal - 130 by 10/30
Ultimate Goal - 120 by the end of the year.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #1365
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Hello Nagi-

I also don't take any supplements after 3. Earlier this week I had a really busy day and time got away from me. I wasn't thinking and popped the pills in my mouth around 5:30 pm. BIG MISTAKE. While I was yawning and had the feeling of being sleepy, I could not actually drift off to sleep for anything. I was so fustrated, 12:30 am, 1:15 am, 2:00 am.... tick tock. My mind was racing and I could not settle down for sleep. So, like Ortal 3:00 pm is the suggested last time to take them- its a good suggestion. If I abide by it, by 9:30/10:30 pm I am ready for bed as normal and sleep well for at least 6-8 hours.

I also found that if I do some moderate form of exercise (take a short walk), it helps burn off some of that energy and I am even more ready for bed. Which makes sense, right. The energy is for action.
week 5: 177.8 (-3.4)
week 6: 176.4 (-1.4) & up 3 in body water
week 7: 172.6 (-3.8) Total -22#
Old 06-12-2010, 05:04 AM   #1366
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
Start Date: May 2010
Hi all--
I am on week 5 and still feel like a newbie--
So far Im down 24.2 lbs. Which I cant believe. Having a hard time cooking for my family while on this..I have two 4yr old girls and a 9 yr old girl...and a husband who just eats carbs!!...yikes.I havent had a slice of pizza or popcorn ( my two big faves)....What are you guys eating for snacks and doing dinner for everyone..yesterday I actually made the "Fake Pizza" crust with cauliflower...it was pretty good.. not the same as pizza mind you..but doable...trying to find a place to fit in here
Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #1367
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: With Gratitude
Stats: Start: 188 / 180.0 / 120 / Goal dress size: 4-6
WOE: MediWeightLoss Clinics
Start Date: 6/9/10
Hi everyone,
I've just started the diet on Wed 6/9/10 so I'm starting on day 4 today. I'm sort of nervous as I was told that day 4 & 5 would be the most difficult for me but that by Monday (day 6) I should feel better. After reading some posts here, I see that everyone's 'hard days' fall on different days during their 1st week?

I'm not as energetic this morning...I didn't sleep well last night (took my AS too late) and I feel like I physically ran a mile or something...like my actual MUSCLES are very tired.

They put me on 500-550 calories and 15-20 carbs per day and that it was best to go a few protein calories over than under. So far, I've managed 560-574 calories and about 9-12 carbs per day. SO FAR, I've managed but honestly only can take each day by each day as I'm SOOOOOO nervous that I won't be able to stick with this. I hate to say this but considering how much I asked my husband to pay for the program for me, that's a big part of why I've stuck with it for the first 3 days. (I think I would have caved by now if we hadn't paid so much!) :-)

Something I was told by my center for some other newbies is to either take Potassium tablets or get a daily intake of minimum 16oz of PowerAde Zero or Smart Water. I have a hard time getting PowerAde Zero in as I don't care for overly sweet Sucralose so I water it down. Smart water is easy to get in :-). I also drink cold water w/ Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar added to it as ACV has potassium in it too. Just be sure to swish your mouth with plain water after drinking it since it's very acidic.

I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE that I see a significant weight loss for my 1st weigh in to give me motivation to continue onto the 2nd week!!! Can't wait to try the cauliflower pizza! :-)

Can anyone tell me if the Oopsie rolls are allowed on Week 1? If so, I'll make some today! Thanks and great job everyone! It must feel wonderful to just be lighter!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #1368
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onajourney
Stats: 288.5/252/160-170?
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 06/10/2010
Hello Everyone,

I just started on 06/10 and this is my third day on 500 calories. I feel ok so far. I am just taking one day at a time and trying not to think so much about tomorrow. Today so far has been the toughest . Maybe because I am off of work and home today but trying to stay busy.

I have been reading the other posts and feel encouraged by you all sharing your challenges and support. I am encouraged by the success.
I know this will help me to reach my goal.
I don't even want to think about failure although this is a BIG challenge and not easy, failure is not an option.

I wish everyone success and I am sure I will be on here frequently .
Old 06-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #1369
Junior LCF Member

onajourney,
Hi there! I only started a day before you did. I'm wondering, how are you managing 500 calories per day? May I ask what your meal plans look like? I'd like to get my caloric intake closer to 500 than 550 if I can...thanks! I too can only take it day by day right now and am looking forward to adding veggies & fruit. I think it will be MUCH easier then.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #1370
Junior LCF Member

onajourney,
Hi there! I only started a day before you did. I'm wondering, how are you managing 500 calories per day? May I ask what your meal plans look like? I'd like to get my caloric intake closer to 500 than 550 if I can...thanks! I too can only take it day by day right now and am looking forward to adding veggies & fruit. I think it will be MUCH easier then.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #1371
Junior LCF Member

Can someone please tell me if Oopsie rolls are OK on week 1? Thank you!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #1372
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SuperShar
Stats: 261/252/130
Start Date: June 11, 2010
Hello, all. I just started my program yesterday. I'm so glad I jumped in and got started right away. I had no idea when I made my appointment that this is what my first week of eating would be like. I have tried so many times to go on a low-carb plan on my own, but couldn't even make it past the morning. I believe the Medi program will work for me and this forum is a blessing. Wow! Thank you for all the tips and information.

I seem to have come down with a cold overnight (terribly sore throat and nasal drainage), but I am still on plan. I had to get some sugar-free throat lozenges this morning, and I picked up some chicken broth. Great idea!

Anyway, I realize this is only day two, but I am not hungry and not experiencing any real withdrawal symptoms yet (had a carb binge the night before I started). It's not easy, but my motivation is that I don't want to have to repeat this phase again. I'm looking forward to when I can get a few fruits and veggies on week 2. I think I have just developed a new appreciation for them.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #1373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
There is no cheese, other than cottage cheese, listed on the Phase 1 sheet. I believe that there is an Atkins Revolution Roll recipe that just uses cottage cheese and eggs that might work.

I kept it simple and stuck to lean protein ~ chicken breast, shrimp, turkey breast, and eggs/egg whites my first week.

Keep up the great work!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #1374
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
I am on week 10, but someone asked what they did for their family while on this plan. After doing a lot of research and soal searching I have pretty much got my family on this plan too....LOL Not completely they still eat cereal for breakfast and bread on their sandwiches for lunches, but for dinner they pretty much eat what I am eatting (which they did before too, but I was eatting carbs too) If I have grilled chicken for dinner everyone does. We are pretty much just down to a meat and veggie for dinner. On rare occasion I will make potatoes or Mac and Cheese to go with it, but not often. And we all pretty much just snack on fruit, cheese sticks, beef jerky, cottage cheese....all Medi friendly foods (after week 2). It was hard for the first month or so but everyone in my house is now eatting healthier.

As far as some standard meals go. I still make spaghetti I just add the sugar free sauce to 4 oz of extra lean ground beef for me, and make their spaghetti with pasta. On Taco night I just eat the taco meat with a little melted cheese, they still eat the shell.... But instead of making my meals different I just taught them how to eat healthier and in turn they are healthier too. It has been great!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #1375
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SuperShar
Stats: 261/252/130
Start Date: June 11, 2010
Bragg's Liquid Aminos is also great on meats (and veggies, when we can have them). It has a soy sauce flavor. I just enjoyed a few sprinkles on a delicious piece of salmon.

Last edited by SuperShar; 06-12-2010 at 11:41 AM..
Old 06-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #1376
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, Suzanna1.

My center actually told me that I could have low fat mozarella sticks, 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese...I have had a mozarella stick on my first day but I think I'll finish up the remainder of my first week like you listed just to keep it cleaner and hope that I lose maximum weight on my 1st weigh in.

Lins,
I haven't done much starches (except when I threw caution into the wind!) I have used: spiral zuchinni noodles (raw zuchinni made with a spiral slicer) or 100% konnyaku noodles Miracle Noodles and made my family regular noodles with spaghetti. There is also a GF Quinoa grain based noodles that you can find at Whole Foods but then I didn't combine grains w/ meats so I'd only have it w/ a veggie based spaghetti sauce.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #1377
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi With Gratitude, SuperShar, Nagi, and On a Journey....Welcome!

Be sure that you get your 500 calories as only protein...count the grams of protein and multiply X 4to get the calories of the protein. I have been doing this a long time and after a while messed up and started counting calories on pkg instead of only protein calories so wasn't eating enough. I think you'll be surprised that once you cut out carbs you really won't be as hungry. Also, be sure to drink, drink, drink your water. I recommend no fruit for about a month...it has so many carbs compared to veggies come week 2. Get your protein calories and veggies down so they are 2nd nature, and then add the "safe" fruits a little at a time!

Stick with it! This works!!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-12-2010 at 02:24 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #1378
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nagi
Stats: 210/210/160
WOE: MEDI 500cal
Start Date: June 2010
thank you all....I'm so excited but nervous about my first week, I can't wait till the end of this first week, I want to eat veggies sooo badly.

I'll keep you all post when i'll check my weight on Saturday.

xoxo
Old 06-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #1379
Junior LCF Member

With Gratitude,

I planned my meals out for the first 3 days. I cooked chicken breasts, packaged them and put them in the freezer, so they would be easy access.

breaksfast I had 1/2 cup egg beaters and canadian bacon(60 cals for 3 slices), lunch- 4 oz chicken breast dinner-3 oz steak strips and crystal light 30 cals.

I also got the 3 oz tuna envelope packages, Jennie-o turkey cutlets, lowfat cottage cheese.

I hope this helps. I do think it will be a lot better when veggies and fruits are added. It has been tough. Sometimes it is 1 hour at a time.

What are oopsie rolls?

Hang in there, the results will be worth it.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #1380
Junior LCF Member

Hello With Gratitude, SuperShar, Nagi,

I wish you all success and look forward to seeing each of you progress.
Thank you all for sharing your experiences.
I know it will help me keep me going.

Fit2010 thanks so much the enocouragement.
Closed Thread