Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #1321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie73 View Post
Hello my fellow dieters. I googled medi weight loss message boards so I can find some motivation. Here are my stats

1.I have been on this diet for 36 days and I have lost 15 lbs. It appears other people seem to lose more.

2. I have a very hard time with the caloric intake, or lack thereof. My lpn raised my caloric intake to 650

3. When I exercize I lose less weight............does anyone else have this problem?????

3. This diet is super expensive so I am clearly motivated to lose the weight as quickly as possible.

4. Lastly any tips to motivate me?>??? Because I don't feel motivated.

4.5 How the hell do I start a new thread???

Hi! First, a little perspective is in order. You have lost 15 pounds in a single month!!! That's an average of a half a pound a day!!! That is awesome!!! When is the last time you did that??? Congratulations for doing so well!!

I've found that comparing my loss to others can be demotivating. So I've started focusing more on what I have accomplished. For example, I compare how much weight I've lost on Medi versus when I was trying to do it on my own. I may not lose as much as I'd like each week, but I am doing much better than I was without Medi. Also, what is your starting weight and goal weight?

With calories - are you counting just your protein calories? Your two cups of vegetables and any seasonings you use should not be counted towards the 650.

As far as exercise goes, there is a whole thread on the topic, which you may find helpful.

Keep up the good work!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2010, 12:32 PM   #1322
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smilincin
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Program. Low Carb
Start Date: 5/27/10
Week 1 Help

Hey All,

What an amazing site this is. I am on week 1 and cheating. My problem is this....I am never hungry just creature of a very bad habit. If my kiddo does not finish his plate, I do. I am on day 4, ruined it all yesterday....semi healthy choices, corn, 1/2 ww pizza....but not just protein. I am really aggravated with myself....I decided to put this out here to get some feedback......Again, my problem is not hunger, it's ridiculous bad habits and no will power. Any advice would be so much appreciated.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #1323
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/25/10
Not an expert here, but this is my 2 cents.
Every single time you put something in your mouth think about these things.
Who am I cheating?
How much did I spend to start the program?
How badly do I want to lose weight and get healthy?
Am I really ready to commit to changing my eating habits forever?
What will happen if I don't eat this right now? What will happen if I do?
This program really works well, but it can't work by itself, it takes YOU to make it work. The rewards are immense if you commit and stick with it every single minute.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #1324
Junior LCF Member

Thank You!! I am going to print this out and post it to my fridge and my pantry. Love it and love this site. Thanks for the support!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #1325
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rdukeshire
Stats: 270/226/220
WOE: MEDI Weightloss
Start Date: June 1, 2010
And this is where it begins

Well, it all starts tonight. I'll be going to my first meeting in a few hours and I'm looking forward to the weight loss. At 42 years old and at 263 I know I'll feel alot better after losing the weight, and I know my family will benefit as well.

Found this site 2 days ago and helped me shop for the coming week. So thanks to all, your recommendations and sometimes concerns help to prepare others for whats to come.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #1326
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Welcome, rdukeshire! I hope your first appointment & your first week go very well! Let us know how you are doing!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #1327
Junior LCF Member

Well, Day one just about over and not too bad.

*Egg Beaters with Canadian Bacon = 95Cal
*Deli Meat with Egg = 180Cal
*Tilapia with Egg Beaters = 340Cal
*Total 615Cal (I have a total of 650 to have)
Tomorrow I plan to spread it out a little better.

I feel pretty good and the hunger suppressants seem to be a God sent.

But it's just day 1.. Wish me luck.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #1328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sally1
Stats: 254/207/175
WOE: medi
Start Date: June 2
me too!

Just finishing day one! Thanks to everyone that posts. It helps.

Good night
Old 06-03-2010, 05:35 AM   #1329
Junior LCF Member

Sally1, let me know how it's going. I'm on day 2 as well so any suggestions would be great. Good luck...
Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 AM   #1330
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Hello rdukeshire and Sally1,
We are all here to cheeer you along. Welcome! I am only in week 4, and still a newbie. Stay connected to the site. I have found that reading daily helps keep me focused. I have been trying to infuse my mind with all the wonderful suggestions posted.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #1331
Senior LCF Member

Day 2

Ready to go to bed. It's amazing the energy you have from not eating carbs and sugar. Breakfast and lunch packed.

Sally
Old 06-04-2010, 05:45 AM   #1332
Junior LCF Member

I'm happy to hear your comments Sally1.

I thought this woulld be alot harder and I know we're only on day three but I do feel alot more energetic.

I've had a history of eating just out of boredom, but I have to say I'm not too worried about the weekend as I feel like going out and doing things. I even spent more time cleaning the kitchen and other chores last night as my family watched tv because I felt good enough to get off my butt and do things.

Let's hope the great days stay like this and the hard days go by fast.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #1333
Senior LCF Member

Hi RDU

I really have to focus on the water! Wait, I have to pee......
Old 06-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #1334
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LonghornRose
Stats: 289.6/276.8/239
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 06/04/10*
Hi, RDU & Sally1

Congratulations on doing so well this first week. Today is Day 1 for me, and I hope I can be as excited on days 3 or 4 as you are
It hasn't been as hard today as I thought it might be, but I keep needing to open the pantry, and I think I need to start closing my eyes, as I see quite a few things in there I would love to have! As much as I'd like to completely empty it to make things easier, I have a dh and teenage son who might not appreciate that so much. I'll be okay, though. One of my goals here is to learn some self-discipline

Anyway, I just thought I'd stick my foot in the water here, and say "Hi."

Last edited by LonghornRose; 06-04-2010 at 05:00 PM..
Old 06-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #1335
Junior LCF Member

OOPS!

:blush: I just realized I didn't update my profile to say I'm doing Medi Weightloss, not Atkins, which I tried quite awhile ago, and didn't have much success with, because there weren't the support tools that MWL have. Anyway, just thought I should clear that up!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #1336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hey there!!! Glad you are here. You will love Medi! It's challenging but the results are so big if you really stick with the guidelines! I just reached maintenance today and enjoyed a glass of wine with my 4 oz. steak, mashed cauliflower, and zucchini. This lifestyle rocks!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #1337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Just wanted to say hello to the newbies, and Good Luck! There are days that will be harder, but if you stick with it, and get through those days you will find success, and I find that those days are really few and far between. I feel amazing most days, and I like this new WOE.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:13 AM   #1338
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome

Thank you for the welcome. It really helps to have someone to reinforce the thing we are learning. I'm on day 4 and feeling lots of energy and looking forward to the weigh-in.

I never realized how good egg whites are. I think I made a mistake though. Should I not be eating Fat free cottage cheese on the first week? What about tuna? I had them both once.

Sally
Old 06-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #1339
Junior LCF Member

Almost at the end of Day 4 and feeling fantastic. Just had 4 oz of steak which was mouth watering and then to finish it up with a chicken sausage. The trick is to definitely change it up. I would be happy to not see an egg for a long time.

I have more energy then I would have imagined. Early days and I keep reminding myself that, but I do feel motivated.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #1340
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Longhorn!

How's it going? Just kicking off day 5. Feeling good but craving salad and my laughing cow cheese. Weekend was a bit harder The family is going out to dinner tonight this will be the first time I have dined out all week. (there's a $70 savings) I'm guessing I will order grilled chicken.

Hope all is well with all of you in cyber mwl land
Old 06-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #1341
Senior LCF Member

Longhorn..... I too have a family that want's to eat non medi friendly foods. What are they thinking?
Old 06-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #1342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Sally ~

I know you are finishing up week 1, so you won't have vegetables yet, but I wanted to pass along my tip for ordering in a restaurant.

When I am at a restaurant, I don't even look at the menu. I just ask the waiter for a plain grilled chicken breast and a side of steamed broccoli. Easy! I haven't had a problem yet.

I have tried this at an Italian restaurant, a Chinese restaurant, a steakhouse, and chain restaurants like O'Charley's and TGIFriday's. No one has batted an eye! In fact, at O'Charley's they only charged me 4.99 for my meal & called it a kids meal because the adult grilled chicken meal comes with 2 or 3 breasts! I feel like if I look at the menu, I might get sidetracked from my goals.

I also carry some of the Walden Farm dressing packets in my purse all the time, so I can have a salad with grilled chicken anywhere and use my own dressing. I have been known to put the entire bottle of Waldens Farm BBQ sauce in my purse and taken it to restaurants too. I have no shame!

Have a great time at dinner!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #1343
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Suzanna! I will try that.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #1344
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennifer30
Stats: 5'1" 142.5/134/115
WOE: MediWeightloss
Hi everyone! I just started Medi on June 1st, and I have lost 8 pounds so far! I am really looking forward to week 2, when I can add in some veggies and a few snacks. Week 1 is very tough, but the results are well worth it. I am glad that I found this thread, for some support.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #1345
Junior LCF Member

Hey Ladies!! It's so great to see newbies on here.....I am on week 2. I love this diet, I am having the most amazing energy. Love that everyone is sharing days with us. Mine have been going pretty well, just the eating out part. It seems like I eat out at least one meal per day. I am practicing much better habits. I am down 6 pounds and couldn't be happier. My clothes are fitting much better and that is where I am most excited!! Please keep posting, it truly keeps me inspired.

Cindy
Old 06-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #1346
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1 View Post
Longhorn..... I too have a family that want's to eat non medi friendly foods. What are they thinking?
LOL! Really!

Just finishing Day 3. Days 1 and 2 were so easy; had no trouble with my calories. In fact, they started me at 800 - 1200 calories a day, and so far I haven't gone past 800. Today has been a bit tougher, though I'm not sure why. I woke up with some aches and pains (maybe related to age!), and that just kind of put a damper on my enthusiasm.

On a good note, though, I went to the grocery store, stayed very focused, and bought only those things I needed to stay on track. A couple of times, a display would catch my eye, and I'd have a naughty thought, but as soon as I had it, I pushed it away. Yay, me!

Question: What about carbs this week? I'm finding some things that are on the protein list (and approved) have a couple of carbs. For instance, the MWL protein shakes have 2 carbs. Is this an issue during the first week? My clinic said nothing about this. So far, the total carbs for the day hasn't exceed 10, but I'm worried this will cost me in my total weight loss for the week. Anyone?

Hey, good job to the other newbies! I hope we can stick together and give this the good fight. I'm feeling ready, willing and able!

**Rose**
Old 06-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #1347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hi Rose! So glad you're here! You might want to ask your clinic about the number of carbs since your calories are a bit higher. For me, 10g and under was where I needed to be.

Call your clinic anytime! That's what they're there for!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #1348
Junior LCF Member

Well I'm on day 6 and feeling a little jittery. Yestuday I was amazed by the amount of energy I felt so I went out in the Florida sun and cleaned the house gutters and pressure washed the back. By the time I got back in I started feeling dizzy and pretty much had to chill out for the rest of the day. I know I pushed it too much on 650Cal so now I'm paying the price.

But, I haven't deviated or cheated and I'm looking forward to the end of the week tomorrow night.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #1349
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdukeshire View Post
Well I'm on day 6 and feeling a little jittery. Yestuday I was amazed by the amount of energy I felt so I went out in the Florida sun and cleaned the house gutters and pressure washed the back. By the time I got back in I started feeling dizzy and pretty much had to chill out for the rest of the day. I know I pushed it too much on 650Cal so now I'm paying the price.

But, I haven't deviated or cheated and I'm looking forward to the end of the week tomorrow night.
That's fantastic! Good job on making it through most of the week successfully. So far, I've done well myself, which honestly comes as a big surprise. I have felt very little hunger, and I'm not really tempted by anything, which is a miracle in and of itself!

Not sure how you were able to get out and work in the heat, as I've just been dragging. I think I need the 2nd B12 shot, but our clinic is closed on Monday, so I can't go in for another one until tomorrow. I'm going to try to work out my appointments so I can space them out a little better. If I'm paying for two shots a week, I might as well get them!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow on how much weight you've lost!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #1350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2princesses
Stats: Ht 5'7'' 259.6/156/165
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 11, 2010
I feel like I belong in this newbie group! I go for my Week 4 weigh-in tomorrow, and so far have lost 20 lbs. Hoping for a few more tomorrow! I am amazed at how well I have been able to stick to MWL - it's become my way of life. The results speak for themselves - in one month I lost more than I've lost on an entire "diet" before! Welcome and can't wait to know all those in the same boat as me!
Closed Thread