Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #1291
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jcfischer
Stats: 217/165/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: April 2010
Thanks so much Sshals!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #1292
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/25/10
New again.

I have been reading all the posts here and find it very inspiring and motivating. This is my 2nd time with Medi and I have started again after gaining most of the weight back. (I thought I could go it alone, haha). Last time I got to within 10 lbs of my goal, so I know this WOE works. I am 100% committed and though I am not a committed poster, I figure if I can commit to this board, it will help me to stick with it this time all the way to goal and beyond. I can use all the support I can get and know that you are all going through the exact same thing. Very comforting.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #1293
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NTucci
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: May 2010
Brand New

So I spent all day between this website and the Medi Loss one and I am happy to say I am going for my inital appointment on Friday morning. I am a little nervous that I wont follow the diet but am hoping that the numbers will push me to continue. Already warned my boyfriend that I might be cranky next week due to the limited calorie intake LOL... This seems like a really great place for support, so here I am!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #1294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Best of luck Nicole. I was really nervous starting the program (just finished week 4), and I have to say that it is way better than I thought it would be.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #1295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Welcome Nicole! I, too, was apprehensive to start...in fact it took me almost a year once it was introduced to me by clients, fellow co-workers, etc. Of course I had to read, research, etc....lol. Had I known then what I know now, I would have been on maintenance by now. You are making the right decision, especially since you've already made your appointment. Once we make up our minds that it is time for a change, we can move full force ahead. I sought much support here at this site and I could always find an answer to my questions. Everyone's stories are true inspirations. Best of luck to you.....we're all here if you need us!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #1296
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 4/25/10
Go for it Nicole. I have just finished week one and lost 10 lbs. You can do it too.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #1297
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MiamiMom
Stats: 191/177/135
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 04/12/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
This list I made to help me with shopping after week 1. Copy the list to your computer and print it out when you are planning on going shopping, then highlight the items you want to buy.

My Medi Weight Loss Grocery List

Meats/Seafood
Chicken Tenderloins
Tyson Mesquite Grilled Chicken Fillets
Perdue Cooked Chicken Strips
Lean Pork
93% Ground Beef
Filet Mignon
Lean Deli Meats – Ham, Turkey, Lean Roast Beef
Tuna
Fish
Shrimp
Scallops
Crab
Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Hot Dogs
Turkey Sausage
Canadian Bacon
Turkey Pepperoni
Beef Jerky (100 calorie packs)
Oberto Beef Pepperoni Sticks

Dairy
Dannon, low sugar, low carb yogurt
Veggie Slices
Mozzarella Cheese
Laughing Cow Lite Swiss
Eggbeaters
Grated Parmesian Cheese
Fat Free Cottage Cheese

Vegetables
Artichokes
Asparagus
Green Beans
Broccoli
Brussels Sprouts
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Celery
Cucumber
Eggplant
Green Onions/Scallions
Greens (collard, kale, mustard, or turnip)
Leeks
Mushrooms
Okra
Onions
Peppers (any variety)
Radishes
Salad Greens
Sauerkraut
Snow Pea Pods
Spinach
Summer Squash
Turnips
Water Chestnuts
Watercrest
Zucchini

Fruits
Apples
Blueberries
Cherries
Grapes
Grapefruit
Orange
Peach
Rasberries
Strawberries
Tomatoes

Condiments
Mustard
1 Carb Ketsup
Fat Free Mayo
Jalapeno Peppers
Banana Peppers
Fat Free Sour Cream
Butter Spray
Horseradish
Frank’s or Moore’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
Walden Farms BBQ Sauce
Walden Farms Peanut Spread
Davinci Gourmet Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup
Thai Garlic Chili Paste
Seasonings
Low Carb, Low Fat Salad Dressings/Sprays

Misc
Dill Pickles
100 Calorie Almond Packs
Chicken Broth
Miracle Noodles
EAS Protein Drinks
Sugar Free Gelatin
Old Bay Crab Cake Classic
Guar Gum
Sugar Free, Fat Free Pudding Mix
Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla, Chocolate or Original
Almond Meal/Flour
Whey Protein Powder
Thank you for this list!! You look healthy and fabulous!

Lily
Old 05-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #1298
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMom View Post
Thank you for this list!! You look healthy and fabulous!

Lily
Thank you for your comment. While it has been a while since I made that list, it feels so good to know that posters are still enjoying it. I just started my son on Medi and he has at least 50 pounds to lose. Good luck on your weightloss journey. Medi is an amazing program that works if you are committed and I have been able to keep my weight off for almost 1 year.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:08 AM   #1299
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Eowyn42
Stats: 250/237.4/145
Start Date: 5/5/2010
I am starting Day 6 of the first week and have to confess that I feel absolutely horrible. I have no energy at all - normally I can handle 30-45 minutes on the elliptical and the last two days I could barely get through 20. I have a fairly consistent headache. Has anyone else experienced this and does it pass? I am eating all my calories (500-700), taking all my vitamins and AS. I am also drinking Powerade Zero (which helps a ton for the record) and drinking a ton of water. I tried the chicken broth and couldn't stomach it so stopped that.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:47 AM   #1300
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn42 View Post
I am starting Day 6 of the first week and have to confess that I feel absolutely horrible. I have no energy at all - normally I can handle 30-45 minutes on the elliptical and the last two days I could barely get through 20. I have a fairly consistent headache. Has anyone else experienced this and does it pass? I am eating all my calories (500-700), taking all my vitamins and AS. I am also drinking Powerade Zero (which helps a ton for the record) and drinking a ton of water. I tried the chicken broth and couldn't stomach it so stopped that.
Hey there! Congratulations on getting through week 1!! I've exercised a lot over the past year, but did nothing my first week (and really not much yet, but am about to start back up!!). I'm finishing week 3 today. I wanted to give my body time to adjust to the nutritional changes, and *I* think it's helped. I would take it easy and talk to your clinic at your next appt. They should have great answers for you!! Hope you start feeling wonderful soon...hang in there...I'm truly enjoying this process and wish the same for you!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #1301
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfischer View Post
Hey there! Congratulations on getting through week 1!! I've exercised a lot over the past year, but did nothing my first week (and really not much yet, but am about to start back up!!). I'm finishing week 3 today. I wanted to give my body time to adjust to the nutritional changes, and *I* think it's helped. I would take it easy and talk to your clinic at your next appt. They should have great answers for you!! Hope you start feeling wonderful soon...hang in there...I'm truly enjoying this process and wish the same for you!
Thank you for the emotional support! It was very sorely needed this morning (could you tell??!). I think that I had forgotten that I had almost made it through the first week Interestingly by this afternoon all of the horrible symptoms started to fade - the headache is gone, I actually feel like I can walk up the stairs without crawling and noon came around without a thought of food. Your post definitely helped! Thank you!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #1302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/171/149 5'8" 38 years old
Quote:
I had a headache and zero energy the first week. The headache passed after the first week. The energy didn't improve for me until the end of the second. I tried to use the elliptical during week 2 and only did about 10 minutes before I thought I would pass out! About a week later, I was back to my same level on the elliptical as before Medi.

Congratulations on making it through your first week! It is definitely the toughest, but so worth it after you step on the scale!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #1303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Thank you for the emotional support! It was very sorely needed this morning (could you tell??!). I think that I had forgotten that I had almost made it through the first week Interestingly by this afternoon all of the horrible symptoms started to fade - the headache is gone, I actually feel like I can walk up the stairs without crawling and noon came around without a thought of food. Your post definitely helped! Thank you!
Your symptoms are completely normal. You are going through carb withdraw. You should start feeling better real soon.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #1304
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Your symptoms are completely normal. You are going through carb withdraw. You should start feeling better real soon.
For the record you are absolutely right - I feel so much better this afternoon. Given my enormous love of all things carbohydrate (and sweet) my body was absolutely rebelling!

I go for my weigh-in first thing Wednesday morning. No matter what it says I can tell that I am losing which is fabulous!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 AM   #1305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Azurro
Stats: 229.2/193.8/160
Start Date: May 2010
Hi there all--

This is my first time on Medi.. So far so good... its only my 5th day.. Weigh in is on Thursday... Has any one heard of PB powder...its peanut butter in a powder form thatyou can add to shakes and what not.. I think its Plantation Peanut butter... Also.. what about Miracle noodles...when can they be added in....
Thanks
Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 AM   #1306
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
You are very welcome, Eowyn! So glad you're feeling better!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #1307
Junior LCF Member

Thank you!

Just wanted to give a thank you to the people on the Newbie forum. I have now officially finished Week 1, 9 pounds lighter and actually feeling really good. Everything on this site helped me to get through it!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:43 AM   #1308
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
Start Date: May 6, 2010
I too thank the Newbie forum. Weighed in yesterday- week 1 down. Heading into week 2- 7 pounds gone. I feel pretty good. Went grocery shopping last night. All set to conquer another week.

Last edited by Sweedei; 05-13-2010 at 07:52 AM..
Old 05-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #1309
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRT View Post
I also have the motivation because of wanting to get pregnant. Maybe we can use each other for support and motivation. I am in week 2. I did good in week 1, lost 10.3 lbs, but I didn't do as good this week. I don't think I lost any weight according to my home scale. I have not eaten badly, just had more calories than I am suppose to. Good luck!
Me too, me too! Gotta lose this weight so that I can have a healthy pregnacy. Just finished with week 1. I love the program so far. Just living day by day, week by week. I have the goal of losing as close to 60 pounds as I can by November. I hope to be able to start our family next year.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #1310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTucci View Post
So I spent all day between this website and the Medi Loss one and I am happy to say I am going for my inital appointment on Friday morning. I am a little nervous that I wont follow the diet but am hoping that the numbers will push me to continue. Already warned my boyfriend that I might be cranky next week due to the limited calorie intake LOL... This seems like a really great place for support, so here I am!!!

youre in stratford? Im in Milford I really like the clinic in Orange... let me know how it goes for you!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #1311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
Just wanted to say best of luck to all the newbies. I am going in for my 6 week weigh in tomorrow and feeling great. That first week was hard. I had all kinds of doubts that I could stick with the program. I felt yucky. I was dizzy and tired all the time for the first week and still didn't feel great for the second week. But now I feel amazing. I have all my energy back an then some. I have stuck the program with no issues. (and I've never done that on any other diet). I had a low loss last week but I am still motivated and happy with the program. So hang in there. You'll get through the first couple of weeks just fine and feel great soon after.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #1312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi Newbies! I agree with Lins....stick with it! I'm several months into the program and now down 35 lbs!! Don't be discouraged if it comes off 1 to 3 lbs at a time per week. It really works!! This is for YOU!

(On my home scales this AM I was 155!)
Old 05-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #1313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ortal
Stats: 184/138/120 5'5"
Start Date: 4/26/2010
I always weigh more at home cause they take off 2 lbs... I tried weighing my clothes and it didnt even register on the scale.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #1314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortal View Post
I always weigh more at home cause they take off 2 lbs... I tried weighing my clothes and it didnt even register on the scale.
It's funny - I usually weigh the same. I think it's because I weigh at home in the morning and then in the afternoon at the clinic.

I also didn't realize that they took 2 pounds off at first because I had been taking my glasses off. The first time I noticed was a week that I lost 4 pounds and I ended up worried that it was because the scale was set wrong!!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:51 AM   #1315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Hi everyone!! I have been doing the medi program by myself because I did not want to take the AS or fat burners because I have high blood pressure and I have lost 18.5 lbs in 4 weeks!!! Thanks to this board and all the helpful information. I take multi-vitamin, calcium pyruvate, omega 3, b 12 drops under the tongue, Juice Plus vegetables and fruits in a capsule and tons of water. Hope to loose 20 more lbs. I have not eaten fruits yet and wanted to hold off since I get it in the capsule anyway. Great program!!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #1316
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
My clinic definitely does not take off 2 pounds! I guess it doesn't matter though, as long as it is consistent. I try to wear the same type clothes whenever I get weighed. My home scale is usually 3lbs higher than medi's. I hate hate hate weighing my self at home because it annoys me how much it fluctuates. I don't know if it's me or if my scale is just really junky. I know I shouldn't weigh at home, but I feel like I need to know!
Old 05-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #1317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
I think mine probably adds the 2 pounds. It's around 2 pounds less than my home scale. It doesn't bother me though because like yall said - it's consistent loss either way. On the other hand, the dr's scale is always 2 pounds heavier. THAT definitely bothers me!!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #1318
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: moxie73
Stats: 200/173/120
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: April 15, 2010
newbie as well

Hello my fellow dieters. I googled medi weight loss message boards so I can find some motivation. Here are my stats

1.I have been on this diet for 36 days and I have lost 15 lbs. It appears other people seem to lose more.

2. I have a very hard time with the caloric intake, or lack thereof. My lpn raised my caloric intake to 650

3. When I exercize I lose less weight............does anyone else have this problem?????

3. This diet is super expensive so I am clearly motivated to lose the weight as quickly as possible.

4. Lastly any tips to motivate me?>??? Because I don't feel motivated.

4.5 How the hell do I start a new thread???

Old 05-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #1319
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: moxie73
Stats: 200/173/120
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: April 15, 2010
Eptexy,
My scale makes me 2 lbs lighter as well....very discouraging.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #1320
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/171/149 5'8" 38 years old
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie73 View Post

3. When I exercize I lose less weight............does anyone else have this problem?????

4. Lastly any tips to motivate me?>??? Because I don't feel motivated.

4.5 How the hell do I start a new thread???
Welcome, Moxie!!!

It is hard to say on the rate of loss. Every body is different. 15 pounds in 5 weeks is pretty amazing regardless! How much more do you want to lose?

Prior to Medi, I was working out for 1+ hour on the elliptical at the gym 5 days a week and weight training the other 2. I did this for 4 months and did not drop a pound!!! Once I started Medi, I reduced my exercise to walking 30 minutes a day 3 or 4 times a week. I think when I work out really hard, I make up for it in hunger and I hold onto a lot of water in my muscles. Your mileage may vary!

I was motivated by a pair of jeans. They are size 6 and anytime I felt like going off of plan, I tried them on. Usually, I would immediately peel them off and put on workout clothes. Super motivating for me! I was also motivated by the $70 a week I was paying! No way was a taste of off plan food worth that much money!!!

To start a new thread, go to the main Medi board. Look above where the threads are (above the announcements), you will see a "start new thread" button.

I know you can do this!!!
Closed Thread