Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #1201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyloo View Post
Hi Everyone! I'm new to Medi and to the group. I am on day 4 and am concerned that I'm having more than what I'm supposed to week 1. I was given the week 1 items sheet and the doctor wrote in that I could have low fat mozzarella sticks and the Medi bars. But now I'm seeing that they are too high in carbs and should not be used week 1. I'm worried I'm not going to lose. Any suggestions? Should I do week 1 again after my first weigh in only w/o the cheese and bars?
Congrats on the 5.3 Miamom... that's a great number!
Amyloo - Definitely check with the clinic staff on this first...but if I was in your situation I probably would go back to the week one food minus the bars and the cheese sticks. Stick to meat and eggs...its only for a week, then you can add in the veggies which helps a lot, and of course more foods in later weeks. I have been on the program for 2 months and have not had a single Medi bar. For me they just have too many carbs and some say those kinds of bars and things keep the sweet tooth active so I have steered clear. I also found that cheese sticks, and cheese in general was sabotaging my loss and causing me to retain water from all of the salt...so I have quit cheese too and have continued to lose. Now that's just me...I am sure the bars and cheese don't affect others the same way. If your week doesn't yield the results you were hoping for talk it over with the staff and develop a plan of action for the next week...don't let it get you down. Hope you'll keep posting.
amy1915

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2010, 08:20 PM   #1202
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amyloo
Stats: 171/154.6/135
Start Date: April 2010
Thank you so much Amy1915! Great advice. Will definitely post after my first week's WI.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #1203
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: supermom03
Stats: 221/211.5/150
WOE: Medi Weigh-loss
Start Date: 3/2/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamom08 View Post
Hey everyone! I WI today and lost 5.3 lbs. I was hoping for a higher number but 5 is better than gaining. Hope yall are doing wonderful!!
Congrats on your losing any number is a whole lot better then gain it

Last edited by supermom03; 03-16-2010 at 08:50 PM..
Old 03-17-2010, 12:05 AM   #1204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
This Thursday will mark the end of my first month of the program and if it weren't for this board, I probably wouldn't have been as successful. My TOM is due any day and I hope it doesn't sabotage my weigh in but should I retain more fluids I know the following week weigh in will reflect that. In retrospect this program has been very manageable for me. Sure I had some bad days, some days I have overeaten but I have never yet swayed off program with sugar, processed foods or any of the old things that got me here in the first place. I can remember how awful I used to feel after eating alot of high carbs and sugar. It's not worth it to me and frankly I don't crave them any longer. I definitely have trigger foods though. I cannot have large bags of pork rinds at home, cool whip or almonds because although they are allowed within moderation, I haven't cured my ability to binge on occasion and those foods do it to me. Sure it's better than bingeing on doritos, ice cream and peanuts but bingeing here is the operative word. So if it's out of sight, it's out of mind. That's how it has to work in my home. The best part of all of this so far is recognizing the difference! It's almost like this woe has been a well kept secret for so long yet it's so logical and do-able. Continued luck to all of you contemplating this program, those just starting and to those who live it! I still have a ways to go to my goal and to learn how to keep it off but I feel I am more on the right path than ever! I am down 16.3 # in 3 weeks and hope to lose the 3.7# this week to hit 20#. If I don't, that will be just fine with me but I will never complain about how far I have come in such a short time.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #1205
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JDI4GT
Stats: 182/182/132
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 10/19/10
I have a question for the seasoned members....I am definitely starting back on MWL, but am wondering if I should do it now or wait. I leave for Amsterdam on Sat-Thursday for work, so will basically be traveling through my entire first week (my appointment is tomorrow). Do you think it is doable? Any tips on travel and keeping with Week 1 guidelines. I remember Week 1 being difficult for me, but not overly so. I could wait and start after I get back, but I also want to start ASAP. Thoughts or Suggestions please.....
Old 03-17-2010, 09:46 AM   #1206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 1/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDI4GT View Post
I have a question for the seasoned members....I am definitely starting back on MWL, but am wondering if I should do it now or wait. I leave for Amsterdam on Sat-Thursday for work, so will basically be traveling through my entire first week (my appointment is tomorrow). Do you think it is doable? Any tips on travel and keeping with Week 1 guidelines. I remember Week 1 being difficult for me, but not overly so. I could wait and start after I get back, but I also want to start ASAP. Thoughts or Suggestions please.....
I think starting now is fine-just be prepared--take your water with you and know what you can eat-I know many have mentioned in the past they traveled the first week-it will be easier then you think-just go in prepared-
Old 03-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #1207
Junior LCF Member

I have a question to anyone who has had a first weigh in. I see all these amazing numbers and am really excited for my first weigh in. My question is if you didn't weight yourself at home (which I'm trying not to) did you know that you had lost a good amount of weight before going in? Just curious.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #1208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Quote:
I have a question to anyone who has had a first weigh in. I see all these amazing numbers and am really excited for my first weigh in. My question is if you didn't weight yourself at home (which I'm trying not to) did you know that you had lost a good amount of weight before going in? Just curious.
Amyloo - I didn't weigh myself at home at all, I wanted to be completely surprised. I definitely felt less bloated and my clothes were not as tight, but I really had no idea what kind of results I would have. I was pretty happy though when it turned out to be a 9.5lb loss.
Since then I have made the mistake of buying a new scale and now I can't stay off the thing! Bad move on my part.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #1209
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy1915 View Post
Amyloo - I didn't weigh myself at home at all, I wanted to be completely surprised. I definitely felt less bloated and my clothes were not as tight, but I really had no idea what kind of results I would have. I was pretty happy though when it turned out to be a 9.5lb loss.
Since then I have made the mistake of buying a new scale and now I can't stay off the thing! Bad move on my part.
haha. I am just now starting to feel a little thinner... took a while. Congratulations on 40 pounds in 2 months. That is incredible!! I only hope I can get 25-30lbs in that time.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #1210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucas33
Stats: start:222/current:222/goal:165
Start Date: 1/14/10
I know the scale can be hard to stay away from but for me I found that it helps me understand how my body is reacting to what I'm doing. Kind of keeps me on track if you know what I mean.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #1211
Junior LCF Member

I stayed away from the scale and I'm glad I did. Had my first weigh in today and after 6 days I'm down 7.6lbs! I'm a happy girl. Hope you are all doing fantastic and have a wonderful weekend! (i posted this on the March thread first by accident - oops)
Old 03-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #1212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: allieRN08
Stats: 180/162/130
Start Date: March 2010
I'm a NEWBIE! 4 days into week 1.. ahh!

I can't even tell you how happy I am to find this forum. Although I have excellent support of my friends and family (my mom and friend are actually doing it with me), it also helps to talk to people who are going through and have gone through what I'm experiencing!

So far, week 1 hasn't been too bad. Thanks to the AS, I almost have no appetite and all, and I find that I'm having to FORCE myself to meet the 500 calorie minimum (never thought I'd have to force myself to eat 500 calories, lol). The water intake was initially a challenge, but it is going much better now and I am drinking plenty. My cravings have been minimal, THANK GOD... because I was convinced that I'd end up robbing someone at gunpoint for their pasta by now. So far so good!

Today, I got to the point where I thought that if I saw another chicken breast I would gouge my own eyes out... but that moment has passed, and I'd like to blame that on carb withdraws.

My next weigh-in is on Tuesday, and I am so excited to see what I have lost. I work as a nurse, and when I noticed that my scrub pants felt a bit looser than usual, I couldn't help but be excited! This, of course, has led me to my scale (BAD ME!), and according to my scale (which I believe weighs heavier than the scale does at MWL) I have lost roughly 5 pounds in 4 days. I have also been taking walks at night, and the walking I get in at work during the day helps too since I'm always on my feet.

I am looking forward to speaking with you all so we can share our triumphs, setbacks, ask questions, etc. I am new to this all, so I will certainly need some help!

Blessings,
Allison
Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #1213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Welcome Allie! I too am a nurse and about a month ago I bought the Sketcher's Shape-Up shoes to wear with my uniforms. Boy, you feel the workout in the upper hamstrings. I teach nursing 2 days a week and walk about 2 1/2 to 3 miles checking on my students ea day, and then 2 days a week I work 12(+) hour shifts and especially feel "it" when pushing gurneys/beds. You'll do well here....keep it up! How tall are you? Are you sure 130 should be goal? Debbie
Old 03-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #1214
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Welcome Allie! I too am a nurse and about a month ago I bought the Sketcher's Shape-Up shoes to wear with my uniforms. Boy, you feel the workout in the upper hamstrings. I teach nursing 2 days a week and walk about 2 1/2 to 3 miles checking on my students ea day, and then 2 days a week I work 12(+) hour shifts and especially feel "it" when pushing gurneys/beds. You'll do well here....keep it up! How tall are you? Are you sure 130 should be goal? Debbie
Thanks for the encouragement, Debbie! I have looked into the Shape-Up shoes - but I still haven't gotten them. I am almost too in love with my Danskos to give them up.

I am 5'3", so 130 is a good goal for me. At this point, though, I'd be happy at 140-145... I'm the biggest I have ever been, and I wanted to get my weight under control before it gets out of control! Plus, I feel pretty hypocritical teaching my patients about healthy lifestyles when my stomach is hanging over the top of my scrub pants!

I am officially on day 5 and, thankfully, it's going better than day 4. Yesterday I was convinced I was going to lose it if I had to look at another piece of chicken/turkey/steak. I must admit, it does get easier as time goes on! Can't wait to see my progress when I weigh in on Tuesday!

Best of luck to you!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #1215
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
Week 2

So I did really well in week 1 and am over halfway into week 2 but I feel like I'm eating too much! I'm sticking with the right choices, but at dinner time when I add up my calories for the day I'm under. So I'm making myself eat more chicken or turkey or whatever I'm having. Then with the added vegetables it just seems like way too much. Does anyone else have this problem? I am also trying to stay away from the scale, but I really don't want to be disappointed when I get weighed this week.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #1216
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlInJersey View Post
So I did really well in week 1 and am over halfway into week 2 but I feel like I'm eating too much! I'm sticking with the right choices, but at dinner time when I add up my calories for the day I'm under. So I'm making myself eat more chicken or turkey or whatever I'm having. Then with the added vegetables it just seems like way too much. Does anyone else have this problem? I am also trying to stay away from the scale, but I really don't want to be disappointed when I get weighed this week.
I feel your pain! I am still in week one and I can barely make it to 500 calories! It's like I'm having to force myself to eat... and when I think I've eaten enough, I'm still under. Such a stark contrast to what I'm used to... never thought I'd say that I have a hard time EATING!

Best of luck to you girlie! From what I've been told and what I've been reading, once we figure out our own little tricks and routines, we'll be good to go. Keep us posted on your progress!

-Allie
Old 03-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #1217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlInJersey View Post
The first couple of weeks I had trouble meeting my 500 calories of protein, but have adjusted so that I eat more in the morning. That has made it a lot easier for me. At my clinic, they told me to count only protein calories, so I never worry about how many calories were in my veggies. I am careful to eat only veggies from the list and to not go over two cups raw in a day. (Except I am guilty of eating an extra cup of lettuce on occasion )
I think it was around week three that I thought I would enter everything I ate into a food diary, but seeing it ended up being stressful. The devil really is in the details... so now I'm back to doing what I was told (counting protein calories only). It is so much easier and I am a great deal happier.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #1218
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshals View Post
The first couple of weeks I had trouble meeting my 500 calories of protein, but have adjusted so that I eat more in the morning. That has made it a lot easier for me. At my clinic, they told me to count only protein calories, so I never worry about how many calories were in my veggies. I am careful to eat only veggies from the list and to not go over two cups raw in a day. (Except I am guilty of eating an extra cup of lettuce on occasion )
I think it was around week three that I thought I would enter everything I ate into a food diary, but seeing it ended up being stressful. The devil really is in the details... so now I'm back to doing what I was told (counting protein calories only). It is so much easier and I am a great deal happier.
That is really good advice, thank you! I have been trying to add on when I eat veggies, snacks, and even the weekly "fats." It is very complicated. I think today I will just stick with the protein and hopefully that will make me a little more sane!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #1219
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jp3girl
Stats: 165/159/130
Start Date: 3/11/10
I have a question... I am on day 10 of the MWL program.. Week 1 went great (at least in my eyes) - was down 6.4 pounds.... So now, here's my question....

This morning, I got up and took my meds before bfast (just like i always do), but for some reason I literally got sick... I think i was able to keep them down for like 30 min - but that was it.

I have had no other symptoms of nausea and have taken the rest of my meds for the day. Just wondering if this is part of the system? I know that sounds crazy, but thought i would ask.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #1220
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3girl View Post
This morning, I got up and took my meds before bfast (just like i always do), but for some reason I literally got sick... I think i was able to keep them down for like 30 min - but that was it.

I have had no other symptoms of nausea and have taken the rest of my meds for the day. Just wondering if this is part of the system?
I had the same thing happen to me my first weekend on the diet. I think the reason I was nauseous was because I woke up a little later than I normally do and it had been a while since my last meal. That combined with taking the first round of meds before food didn't go over so well. But I recovered as soon as I started eating. Maybe that was the reason you weren't feeling well. I started the diet around the same day you did and haven't been nauseous any other time, so I dont think its a normal part of the diet.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #1221
Junior LCF Member

Oh and congratulations on the 6.4 lbs!! That's a great number!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #1222
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jp3girl
Stats: 165/159/130
Start Date: 3/11/10
Thanks for the info... and yeah - i woke up about an hour and a half later than i had normally been getting up... Week 2 is a little confusing, and hoping my numbers are ok this week - i weigh in on thursday, and really do not feel like i have lost anything. Scared to get on the scales, lol.. Could be all in my head, but u never know... Thanks again! Keep me posted on ur weight loss would love to have someone that started close to the same time as me. When is your next weigh in?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #1223
Junior LCF Member

I hear you on not feeling like I've lost anything so far on week 2. But I'm sure that we both have and we will again be pleasantly surprised once we see the scale (crossing fingers). My weigh in is Friday morning so I'll find out just after you do. What I'm nervous about is taking the diet on vaca. I've survived a Bday dinner out and two other dinners with friends and have followed the diet to a T. But I start my vaca in Belize next Monday and Im worried it is going to be TOUGH!! Maybe I'll just stuff my suitcase with bars and shakes and hope for the best.

Oh and if anyone has low carb/zero carb alcoholic drink suggestions, I would love to hear some options!! Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #1224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Oh and if anyone has low carb/zero carb alcoholic drink suggestions, I would love to hear some options!! Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!
There is a whole medi thread devoted to alcohol called "Alcohol". It mostly talks about how it can wreck your diet .

On the second page there is a post (#46) that summarizes dos and do nots, if you are going to drink. It's based on South Beach, but is a good overview for anyone eating low-carb. Post 50, a little further down, contains an interesting article about alcohol. I think they are perfect reading before embarking on a fabulous vacation

Last edited by Sshals; 03-23-2010 at 04:50 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #1225
Junior LCF Member

I had my week 2 weigh in today and i lost another 6.2 pounds! I'm so happy with Medi. I am feeling so good and have been sticking to the rules without any problems. I really thought that it would be harder than this. Anyone who is reading this and looking to join Medi, just set your mind to it and you will have some great results!! I do owe it in part to everyone on here though...the success stories and the constant motivation have kept me going! Thanks to you all!!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #1226
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Congratulations GirlinJersey!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #1227
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshals View Post
There is a whole medi thread devoted to alcohol called "Alcohol". It mostly talks about how it can wreck your diet .
Thank you for letting me know about the alcohol thread. You're right... alcohol definitely appears to be a big no-no on this diet. I figured as much. Was just curious if there was a miracle drink out there I could have and stay in ketosis AND maintain good numbers. Guess that is probably asking too much. Will try and refrain and just enjoy the beach and the weather in Belize! Cant wait!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #1228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucas33
Stats: start:222/current:222/goal:165
Start Date: 1/14/10
Quote:
Thank you for letting me know about the alcohol thread. You're right... alcohol definitely appears to be a big no-no on this diet. I figured as much. Was just curious if there was a miracle drink out there I could have and stay in ketosis AND maintain good numbers. Guess that is probably asking too much. Will try and refrain and just enjoy the beach and the weather in Belize! Cant wait!
I can totally relate to the alcohol issue. I have found beer and wine have knocked me out but have had vodka with diet soda, or whiskey with diet soda has not. I definitely think it slows your weightloss but for me it helps me not give up on this diet.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #1229
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dwhite23
Stats: 174/162/140
I had my visit today and have a question. Is everyone counting nuts (almonds p-nuts) and p-butter as FAT or PROTEIN? I was told protein and I was counting them as a fat serving. I run a lot so they said to put these items on the protein side and fats are only oils/dressings. Anyone else do this? I'm having a very difficult time getting in 800-1000 cals of just protein + the 2 cups of veggies/fruit.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #1230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite23 View Post
I had my visit today and have a question. Is everyone counting nuts (almonds p-nuts) and p-butter as FAT or PROTEIN? I was told protein and I was counting them as a fat serving. I run a lot so they said to put these items on the protein side and fats are only oils/dressings. Anyone else do this? I'm having a very difficult time getting in 800-1000 cals of just protein + the 2 cups of veggies/fruit.
As I understand it, you can have 6 almonds and that counts as one of your three fat servings per week. If you are having the snack version of almonds then you count it as a protein (which is more almonds, but I'm not sure of the recommended serving because I have no self-control when it comes to nuts so I'm avoiding them all together).
Closed Thread