Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #1171
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/2/10
Thanks for the advice Fit2010!

I know what I need to do and I just need to do it. I've always been a relatively healthy eater, it wasn't until I eliminated carbs and sugar that I suddenly became a chocolate fiend! I went home yesterday, ate some sliced ham and took a nap. I actually felt better. I just gotta work through those withdrawals and I know the cravings will hopefully go away.

I need to be smarter about planning like I did before. And not do stupid things like invite temptation onto my lap. I actually walked into a chinese food buffet a couple weeks ago and said "I'll just eat some meat". Three egg rolls, 2 chicken wings and a vanilla ice cream later I realized it was a bad idea! Next time I'll tell the fam to go without me!

I told myself I 'deserved' to go off and have a treat, but it's so not worth it. I DESERVE to get this weight off and have the wedding of my dreams with pictures that don't disappoint me!

Speaking of which -- please vote for my dream wedding!
Entries | Crate and Barrel's Ultimate Wedding Contest
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Julie n Will.jpg (55.0 KB, 17 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #1172
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: flyergal30
Stats: 198.5/184.0/125
Start Date: 02/09/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesDouce View Post

I know what I need to do and I just need to do it. I've always been a relatively healthy eater, it wasn't until I eliminated carbs and sugar that I suddenly became a chocolate fiend! I went home yesterday, ate some sliced ham and took a nap. I actually felt better. I just gotta work through those withdrawals and I know the cravings will hopefully go away.

I need to be smarter about planning like I did before. And not do stupid things like invite temptation onto my lap. I actually walked into a chinese food buffet a couple weeks ago and said "I'll just eat some meat". Three egg rolls, 2 chicken wings and a vanilla ice cream later I realized it was a bad idea! Next time I'll tell the fam to go without me!

I told myself I 'deserved' to go off and have a treat, but it's so not worth it. I DESERVE to get this weight off and have the wedding of my dreams with pictures that don't disappoint me!

I am a chocoholic too! I'm not sure what week you are in, but here is something that helps me get through the chocolate cravings...

1/4 cup fat free ricotta
1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 packet splenda

mix together and enjoy! It's 66 calories and about 1 1/2 carbs

This really helps me!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #1173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Quote:

JulesDouce - I voted for you...what a sweet story! You're right on about the planning...it is a must and for me staying out of the restaurants has saved me, not only on the eating...but my pocketbook too.
You 'deserve' to treat yourself with a non-food item...I used to reward myself for losing weight with treats...how dumb is that?
You can do this, you've done it...and you can do it again!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #1174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:

Jules- I just voted for you, I loved your story!! You and your fiance have been through a lot. I wish only good things for you, you deserve it!!

Stay strong through your weight loss, you can do it!! I've been using non-food rewards to motivate me. I bought a pair of jeans in 4 different sizes lower than what I started at. I've gotten through 2 sizes so far!

Good luck to you. Peace...
Old 03-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #1175
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
Start Date: 1/2/10
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
Jules- I just voted for you, I loved your story!! You and your fiance have been through a lot. I wish only good things for you, you deserve it!!

Stay strong through your weight loss, you can do it!! I've been using non-food rewards to motivate me. I bought a pair of jeans in 4 different sizes lower than what I started at. I've gotten through 2 sizes so far!

Good luck to you. Peace...
WOW - and I started on the SAME DAY as you (and SAME CLINIC I think!). You are down 42 lbs and I am down 12 - remember that the day YOU consider going off! I'm so jealous but happy for you!

Keep it up and thanks so much for the motivation and your vote!

Jules
Old 03-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #1176
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: supermom03
Stats: 221/211.5/150
WOE: Medi Weigh-loss
Start Date: 3/2/10
Hello Newbie Here I am a stay at home mom of 3 and after having my third baby getting the baby budge off became extremely hard for me this time around. Then been an at home mom really doesn't help I at home with all the food all day So I started my weight-loss venture with MWL Tuesday March 2 but I actually started Wednesday March 3 so this is day two of my first week , I have to say the 1st day I had some nausea and headache but didn't drink enough water so after reading some more I think that was the reason for my headache. I had the hardest time trying to find something to eat I really have to force myself to eat something I hate EGGS!! So today after I forced down eggs for breakfast and lunch I started search online for so help for dinner last night dinner was fulfilling but I really want to find some good to help me through the rest of this week. So I found you guys I see Susie listed some foods here that I have enjoyed n the past so I am going to give them a go tonight for dinner.
I am so glad I found you guys I hope to gain more information and some awesome inspiration to keep going . My 1st weight in is Tuesday so I look forward to coming back and share with you all my new weight
Old 03-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #1177
Junior LCF Member

I have one question can we have the Whey Shakes in the 1st week ? Another question any other brand besides the EAS ? I am looking for something in Walmart, Or Kroger
Old 03-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #1178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom03 View Post
I have one question can we have the Whey Shakes in the 1st week ? Another question any other brand besides the EAS ? I am looking for something in Walmart, Or Kroger
Make sure the recipes you try are week 1 compliant. The EAS and Medi shakes are okay in week 1. You should be able to find EAS shakes at Walmart. As far as other protein shakes, you would have to read the label and compare. According to my clinic, week 1 you should be 10 carbs or less in order to clean out your system from carbs and get into ketosis.

BTW... my stats were very similar to yours and I too had 3 babies in 5 years. You are so lucky you found Medi so fast. It took me 16 years to find Medi and get rid of the pregnancy weight. My youngest is now 17.

Good luck and keep posting.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:03 AM   #1179
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello Newbie Here I am a stay at home mom of 3 and after having my third baby getting the baby budge off became extremely hard for me this time around. Then been an at home mom really doesn't help I at home with all the food all day So I started my weight-loss venture with MWL Tuesday March 2 but I actually started Wednesday March 3 so this is day two of my first week , I have to say the 1st day I had some nausea and headache but didn't drink enough water so after reading some more I think that was the reason for my headache. I had the hardest time trying to find something to eat I really have to force myself to eat something I hate EGGS!! So today after I forced down eggs for breakfast and lunch I started search online for so help for dinner last night dinner was fulfilling but I really want to find some good to help me through the rest of this week. So I found you guys I see Susie listed some foods here that I have enjoyed n the past so I am going to give them a go tonight for dinner.
I am so glad I found you guys I hope to gain more information and some awesome inspiration to keep going . My 1st weight in is Tuesday so I look forward to coming back and share with you all my new weight
Supermom,

Good Luck! You are going to find that this is one of the easiest ways to lose weight there is. Once you make it through week one (and week one is the worst!), you'll be amazed at the great things that you can eat. After your first week, sort through the recipes and you'll find some good recipes.

I see that you live in NRH.. do you go to the South Lake clinic?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #1180
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergal30 View Post
Supermom,

Good Luck! You are going to find that this is one of the easiest ways to lose weight there is. Once you make it through week one (and week one is the worst!), you'll be amazed at the great things that you can eat. After your first week, sort through the recipes and you'll find some good recipes.

I see that you live in NRH.. do you go to the South Lake clinic?
Yes I am at the Southlake office are you there as well or the FT WRTH , I am on dy three and I feel great today I went in this morning for a injection, I absolutely love the staff. I have been browsing the recipes here and I can't wait until week one is over.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #1181
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Make sure the recipes you try are week 1 compliant. The EAS and Medi shakes are okay in week 1. You should be able to find EAS shakes at Walmart. As far as other protein shakes, you would have to read the label and compare. According to my clinic, week 1 you should be 10 carbs or less in order to clean out your system from carbs and get into ketosis.

BTW... my stats were very similar to yours and I too had 3 babies in 5 years. You are so lucky you found Medi so fast. It took me 16 years to find Medi and get rid of the pregnancy weight. My youngest is now 17.

Good luck and keep posting.
Ok awesome I plan to go shopping today thanks, and yes it was really a big leap for me to go to the clinic I was scared to do all the medications ,but after my daughter turned a yr old and I still looked 5ths I had to do something because it wasn't working do it on my own I was also looking to change my whole family eating happen for the health of our type1 diabetic son so he is my motivation to eat and be healthy so that he can stay have and diabetes under control:")
Old 03-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #1182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Hey everyone! I wanted to post here because I lived on these boards once I made the decision to join MWL and I know how much support and motivation I got here especially when people shared their weigh in's, etc. My 2nd week weigh in was today and I lost another 2.5# for a 2 week total of 13.3#. Week one was rough but I made it through and as it has been posted many many times, it DOES get alot easier in Week 2. I have found that I have more cravings this week, especially for sugar or desserts so I whip up a shake at night using 1/2 scoop of MWL protein, 1/2 envelope of SF orange jello mix and a splash of SF coffeemate, water and lots of ice and it takes like a creamsicle! YUM! The recipe threads are great resources and I have gotten tons of menu ideas! I hope to be able to share some new things as I create them!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #1183
Junior LCF Member

Ok I totally missed up I am on day three and today I have been feeling so good that I toally forgot I was on a diet . My kiddo had some easter egg candy from school today and one of the boy handed me an hidden easter egg and without thinking of it I said thanks baby and ate the egg I am so upset with myself right now you have no dea I was doing so good. I went to the candy company site and looked up the calories and I need some help because I am so new to the calorie thing it has on the site serving size 3 (40g) (calories 100 )(carbs 39g) I ate one so could someone helpme so I can stop stressing how bad did I mess up? and how can I fix it?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #1184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Ok I totally missed up I am on day three and today I have been feeling so good that I toally forgot I was on a diet . My kiddo had some easter egg candy from school today and one of the boy handed me an hidden easter egg and without thinking of it I said thanks baby and ate the egg I am so upset with myself right now you have no dea I was doing so good. I went to the candy company site and looked up the calories and I need some help because I am so new to the calorie thing it has on the site serving size 3 (40g) (calories 100 )(carbs 39g) I ate one so could someone helpme so I can stop stressing how bad did I mess up? and how can I fix it?
As Douglas Adams would say, Don't Panic! Don't let one bad moment ruin what you've started. It was just a moment, it doesn't define you or the success you are going have on this program.

You can't take back what you did, but you can learn from it. Mindless eating probably got more than one of us to the point that we need this program, and learning to eat consciously is a step towards the healthier you. Maybe you can identify some situations where you tend to eat without thinking? For me, the biggest danger area is the jars of candy around my office. I have to be very careful not to grab a candy and pop it in my mouth without thinking. Having identified these as a danger has helped me to avoid messing up.

How bad did you mess up? Let's take a minute to put this in perspective. You ate a single 33 calorie candy with 13g of carbs. It's not that bad. You'll test for ketones tomorrow. If you are in ketosis, then you can breath a sigh of relief. If you are on the low end or not in ketosis, then you'll know it was probably the candy and that it'll be better the next day or two.

How can you fix it? Write the candy down in your journal. Continue to eat on plan for the rest of the week. Stick with it. That's all you need to do to make it work.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #1185
Junior LCF Member

[QUOTE=supermom03;13218862]Ok I totally missed up I am on day three and today I have been feeling so good that I toally forgot I was on a diet . My kiddo had some easter egg candy from school today and one of the boy handed me an hidden easter egg and without thinking of it I said thanks baby and ate the egg I am so upset with myself right now you have no dea I was doing so good. I went to the candy company site and looked up the calories and I need some help because I am so new to the calorie thing it has on the site serving size 3 (40g) (calories 100 )(carbs 39g) I ate one so could someone helpme so I can stop stressing how bad did I mess up? and how can I fix it?[/QUOTE

DO NOT LET THIS RUIN YOUR WEEK! Journal it, when you go in for your follow up next week, talk to them about it. One little blunder shouldn't let your whole week go down the drain.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #1186
Junior LCF Member

Awesome thanks everyone for the encouragement I am on day four and I check ketones I am in at the moderate line so that's good I drank plenty of water, logged my hiccup and I am still going strong So thanks !!
Old 03-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #1187

Gallery: cubcowboysgirl
Stats: 200/193/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1-20-2010
This may be a repost, but can anyone give me a link to food lists or meal plans for this WOL? I can't find anything on the net-go figure, another way to get that 70 dollars a week per patient. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:04 AM   #1188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lakota77
Stats: 202.5/183.5/145
WOE: MWL
Start Date: Jan.2010

I am new to MWL. Started at the end of January 2010. I have lost about 20 lbs, but I broke out in hives and had to get a cortisone shot and am having problems with cravings. I am going for my weigh in today so I may have gained back a pound or 2. I am glad to have found this web site and am going to tell the girls at my clinic so maybe it will help others.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #1189
Junior LCF Member

I had a great week 1 I am glad its under my belt lost 6.5lbs so I am good and I will keep going
Old 03-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #1190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
cubcowboysgirl - We get all the details/lists when we go to the clinic. I don't know if it's listed in this site anywhere. The thing is that it's supervised by a physician/clinic staff because it's such a low calorie, high protein diet. It's not just a matter of doing it on your own. Once you've been screened by the doc and some cannot continue to go then they have plugged in here. Guess you can try doing a search on the MWL threads here to see if it's listed what we're eating.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #1191
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: miamom08
Stats: 234.8/229.5/150
Start Date: 3/10/10
Hi everyone! I am new here. Went to first consultation today and got my script filled, I start tomorrow. Everyones story is inspiring. I, like many of yall have tried every diet imaginable and hope this one will work. Keep posting all yalls tips and tricks please, they are very helpful!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #1192
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamom08 View Post
Hi everyone! I am new here. Went to first consultation today and got my script filled, I start tomorrow. Everyones story is inspiring. I, like many of yall have tried every diet imaginable and hope this one will work. Keep posting all yalls tips and tricks please, they are very helpful!
It will work and you will have lots of support from everyone here. Be sure to get some low sodium chicken bullioun cubes for your first week. That really helped me alot during the first week.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #1193
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I just started today! My appt was last night. It's going well so far. I have A LOT to lose. I'm just hoping that I can stick with this better than I did with Weight Watchers. This is such an inspiring site. Please keep posting your success stories! What an encouragement. Even the slip ups help me to see that success is still possible.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #1194
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom3lpn
Stats: 202/202/150
WOE: Mediweightloss
Start Date: 3/8/10
newbie doing well

I have never participated in a message board, have always just read them. Today is day 3 for me and I guess I'm lucky because I feel great...no headache, no dizziness. I think I will go in to the clinic to get another injection. Do most of you get the midweek injection? What about the optional injection at the weekly visits?

Last edited by mom3lpn; 03-10-2010 at 05:06 PM..
Old 03-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #1195
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone! I am almost done with day 1 and I feel great, no headaches, no dizziness. I am having trouble getting in the 500 calories. I am at 405 amd thats already counting my dinner. Guess I'll think of something. Hope everyone is doing well
Old 03-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #1196
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GirlInJersey
Stats: 291.2/207.0/180(for now)
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: March 9, 2010
Question...does anyone else get swelling in their ankles? I am only on day 1, but my ankles are swollen. I have drank all plus my water for the day and I've been peeing like crazy. I'm a little concerned.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #1197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlInJersey View Post
Question...does anyone else get swelling in their ankles? I am only on day 1, but my ankles are swollen. I have drank all plus my water for the day and I've been peeing like crazy. I'm a little concerned.
Hi GirlInJersey

#1 I would contact your clinic and let them know

#2 I would watch your sodium intake!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #1198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3lpn View Post
I have never participated in a message board, have always just read them. Today is day 3 for me and I guess I'm lucky because I feel great...no headache, no dizziness. I think I will go in to the clinic to get another injection. Do most of you get the midweek injection? What about the optional injection at the weekly visits?
I always get the B12 injection twice a week-and the other one only once a week!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #1199
Junior LCF Member

Hey everyone! I WI today and lost 5.3 lbs. I was hoping for a higher number but 5 is better than gaining. Hope yall are doing wonderful!!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #1200
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amyloo
Stats: 171/154.6/135
Start Date: April 2010
Hi Everyone! I'm new to Medi and to the group. I am on day 4 and am concerned that I'm having more than what I'm supposed to week 1. I was given the week 1 items sheet and the doctor wrote in that I could have low fat mozzarella sticks and the Medi bars. But now I'm seeing that they are too high in carbs and should not be used week 1. I'm worried I'm not going to lose. Any suggestions? Should I do week 1 again after my first weigh in only w/o the cheese and bars?
Congrats on the 5.3 Miamom... that's a great number!
Closed Thread