Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #1141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/14/2010
Susan
My clinic would not let me start the very same day. Official 1st day was the next day because they have me on specific times to take meds and supplements.

If you want to go ahead and start the food program, eat two pieces of canadian bacon and an egg. I think that would be a good start.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #1142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dwhite23
Stats: 174/162/140
Start Date: March 2010
Can the medi friendly recipes be used during the acute phase or only the maintenance? For example-can I have oopsie rolls in week 2? FF cream cheese has 30 cals and 3 carbs for 2 TBSP so it looks like you could have these?
Old 02-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #1143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 02/2010
Newbie thoughts on week 1...

Hello to everyone. I am a new member of these boards and new to Medi Weightloss. I am nearly through my first week and thought I would post my impressions while they are fresh.

Program Details:
My first appointment was last Friday afternoon. I had my shots that day, but did not start with the eating plan or pills until Saturday. The plan I was given includes an appetite suppressant (3X a day, except for the first two days, where I took 1, then 2 respectively), a fat-burner 3X a day, a daily vitamin, calcium 2X a day, shots twice a week, and 16 oz of a drink with added electrolytes each day. My target caloric intake is 500/day, with the caveat that if I am hungry I can eat up to 600. The doctor gave me a sample meal plan that budgeted 150 calories for breakfast, 150 for lunch, and 200 for dinner. Of course, with the exception of the EAS 110 calorie protein shakes up to once a day, I have been eating all protein and no carbs.

What I've been doing:
Exactly what the doctor told me to do, except that I am having trouble getting up to 500 calories. I have been between 450 and 490 throughout the week. Okay maybe not exactly what he told me. He also said not to worry about exercise at first, but I was already exercising regularly and cannot bring myself to stop. I compromised by swapping my run/walks for just walks and doing light strength training for two out of five of my workouts. I haven't been as eager to push myself physically this week anyway. My body has had a lot to adjust to. I started testing for ketosis after day three and have been in moderate to strong ketosis each day. I also drink more water than required, but I was doing that before so it wasn't a change for me.

How I've been feeling:
For the most part, I haven't been hungry at all. I was nauseated and a little dizzy the first couple of days, but this has passed. The appetite suppressants and the fat burners do not seem to be negatively impacting me, except that I am having some trouble falling asleep.

There are two things in particular that have made the week a bit easier for me. The first is the EAS protein shakes. I have been blending them with cold coffee and chunks of frozen coffee in the morning, and I have to say the combination is far superior to the plain old coffee and milk I used to drink. I get to start off each day with something that tastes like a coffee milkshake. The second thing that helped was being able to eat dill pickles. My doctor said that dill pickles are fine for week one. I stick to a single serving, no more than once a day, but just that small amount really takes the edge off.

Of course, the real test is the scale. My first weigh-in is Friday and I will let you know how it goes.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #1144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd79 View Post
Susie,

First of all, congrats on your success! You look great. At the Boca clinic, the Dr. specifically crossed out the cottage cheese. He said, I know its listed but don't eat it week 1...too many carbs.
The doctor at my clinic (also in Florida) crossed out cottage cheese for the first week as well. He said that if I had some desperate cottage cheese need, that I could eat it, but that it is better to go without it for week 1 if possible.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #1145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
Start Date: 1/14/2010
sshals
Sound like you are doing all the right things for week one. I, too, had trouble eating 500 calories that week. Week 2 you add your veggies and salad and things get more varied, so you can get in your calories.
Good Luck on your wegh-in.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #1146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jsd79
Stats: 190/179.2/150 - started 5/22/12 (190.4/186/155)
WOE: HCG, have tried everything
Start Date: 11/7/11
week 2

DOwn 3 on week 2...so that's 8.5 total in 2 weeks. I'm very excited and do not feel deprived. Many of your success stories have helped me through the first 2 weeks. Thanks and keep up the good work everyone.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #1147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slbpl61
Stats: 5'8" 206/203/165
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/16/2013 Restart
Way to go!! Flyergal30!!!! I hope the end of my first week finds me equally as pumped!!! Today was my first visit. I have researched this for quite awhile and always, always, always trust my gut. I am confident to say I am definitely where I should be. The staff was great along with the doctor. The only downside is the awful bruise I have from the blood draw. I have finished reading most of the material and now I am getting my lunch weighed and zip locked for tomorrow. I love protein so I hope I can tolerate only protein for awhile. My office provided all the supplements in the starter kit so I need to get those organized. I haven't made a real grocery trip (primarily from lack of time) but I have enough to get me through 2-3 days. I think that will give me more time to really get into this and get the right items for my tastes. I am so looking forward to this WOE and my new way of life.....for life! You'll be hearing from me soon! Happy Friday everyone!

Susan
Old 02-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #1148
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: flyergal30
Stats: 198.5/184.0/125
Start Date: 02/09/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slbpl61 View Post
Way to go!! Flyergal30!!!! I hope the end of my first week finds me equally as pumped!!! Today was my first visit. I have researched this for quite awhile and always, always, always trust my gut. I am confident to say I am definitely where I should be. The staff was great along with the doctor. The only downside is the awful bruise I have from the blood draw. I have finished reading most of the material and now I am getting my lunch weighed and zip locked for tomorrow. I love protein so I hope I can tolerate only protein for awhile. My office provided all the supplements in the starter kit so I need to get those organized. I haven't made a real grocery trip (primarily from lack of time) but I have enough to get me through 2-3 days. I think that will give me more time to really get into this and get the right items for my tastes. I am so looking forward to this WOE and my new way of life.....for life! You'll be hearing from me soon! Happy Friday everyone!

Susan
Susan, congrats on starting! You will find that this is really one of the easiest plans you have ever been on. Once you make it through the first week (which is rough) you'll be fine! I've tried many other things and always failed because I really didn't see the results I wanted. Since this is my second week, I've begun excercising and I can't believe how much more energy I have. Also, the folks I work with have started to see a difference in my weight already and it's only the middle of week two!

Keep me updated on your progress, I know you'll do fantastic!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #1149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Quote:

Susan
Susan - I am very excited for you I think I was "ready" too and the fact that I am still sticking with it is proof. I have found that as I've started to feel better & have more energy I am getting A LOT more done. I used to come home from work and just drop from exhaustion, but now I find myself with energy to swing by the grocery after work and still take care of other household things after that! I am also feeling more energetic when I wake up and that gives me more time to prepare my lunch and snacks for the day before I leave. It feels so good to be functioning and accomplishing things and knowing that I am finally taking care of myself.
Can't wait to hear about your progress.
Amy
Old 02-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #1150
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blondie0781
Stats: 167/167/135
WOE: MWL
Start Date: February 18 2010
Hi everyone! I have been reading all of your posts and Im so excited. I can only hope to do as well as all of you have. I started Medi yesterday. I had my appointment at 3pm yesterday but I knew I was going so I ate according to the diet in the morning. My mother and boss have both been on this for over a year. They have done great but I feel they should be off of it by now. They still have not reached their goal weight due to cheating. I intend on staying strict till I get to my goal and maintaining myself with exercise and the nutritional facts and eating habits I am learning. My worry is that I didnt receive the shot in the behind. My mother said she was not even hungry the 1st week. I am absolutley starving. I am drinking all my water but it doesnt seem like its helping. Should I get the other shot?(PS very scared of needles)

Last edited by blondie0781; 02-19-2010 at 04:32 PM..
Old 02-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #1151
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for the motivating words! Day 1 is just about over and so far so good. I have eaten 485 calories (I tried hard to get to this number), 16 carbs (10 from protein, 4 from gum, 2 from FF Coffeemate), plenty of water and all my supplements. I opted for the one 12 hour pill vs. the other. The only thing I am not taking is THEIR multi vitamin. The ones I use have so much more in them and doc was cool with that! I felt like I needed more protein but frankly once I finished my last meal, I had a cup of tea and was done! What I want to know is how could I go from eating a few thousand calories a day sometimes and still be hungry and today I am almost forcing myself to eat?? Day 1 down, 6 to go until my first weigh-in! No one knows I am on this program and I realize these feelings come from potential failure, negative comments about the cost, etc. Maybe I shouldn't look at it that way but I haven't always had success with weight loss and it's easier to say nothing. Once the weight loss becomes noticeable, I am telling people I gave up sugar and bad carbs for Lent, except Lent for me is going to last alot longer than 40 days!! LOL The doctor even brought up Lent and sacrificing during my consultation. If we can go without for 40 days, why not longer like forever?

On that note.....I will get off my soap-box! I hope tomorrow goes well!! Good luck to everyone here and have a great weekend!

Oh, I do have a question.. ...fat free deli turkey is considered a lean meat with no carbs per serving but the Publix nutritional info online states there is 1 carb per 2oz serving. The same is true for cottage cheese. So should I count it as having carbs or not? I counted the extra carbs and figured as the quantity increased, the likehood of carbs did also.

Susan
Old 02-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #1152
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy1915 View Post
Susan - I am very excited for you I think I was "ready" too and the fact that I am still sticking with it is proof. I have found that as I've started to feel better & have more energy I am getting A LOT more done. I used to come home from work and just drop from exhaustion, but now I find myself with energy to swing by the grocery after work and still take care of other household things after that! I am also feeling more energetic when I wake up and that gives me more time to prepare my lunch and snacks for the day before I leave. It feels so good to be functioning and accomplishing things and knowing that I am finally taking care of myself.
Can't wait to hear about your progress.
Amy

I just now looked at your stats and you've lost 25 pounds in a month? That's incredible and very motivational!! You ROCK!
Old 02-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #1153
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CommanderMander
Stats: 238/216/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 19 2010
Quote:

Oh, I do have a question.. ...fat free deli turkey is considered a lean meat with no carbs per serving but the Publix nutritional info online states there is 1 carb per 2oz serving. The same is true for cottage cheese. So should I count it as having carbs or not? I counted the extra carbs and figured as the quantity increased, the likehood of carbs did also.

Susan
Susan, keep counting those carbs! Many people don't realize when you buy the pre-packaged or processed lunch meats, that they contain carbs from the sugars and other ingredients that they use to preserve. Usually 1 serving is 3-4 carbs. Try to buy your meats from the meat/butcher counter more, the meat is always fresh, 100% protein (no added carbs) and you can even ask them to cut it into 3 and 4 oz portion sizes for you. I usually ask for 3.5 oz, because after I cook it, it's about 3 oz. Good Luck!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #1154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CommanderMander
Stats: 238/216/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: February 19 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie0781 View Post
My worry is that I didnt receive the shot in the behind. My mother said she was not even hungry the 1st week. I am absolutley starving. I am drinking all my water but it doesnt seem like its helping. Should I get the other shot?(PS very scared of needles)
The B1/B6 shot (in your behind) can be very important to the success of you WOE. Not only does it give you the energy your body needs while on a low calorie/low carb diet, but it also really helps to boost your metabolism as well.

If your scared of needles, talk to your doc about taking a pill form and which one they recommend for you.

Congrats in taking the first step! You'll do great!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #1155
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderMander View Post
The B1/B6 shot (in your behind) can be very important to the success of you WOE. Not only does it give you the energy your body needs while on a low calorie/low carb diet, but it also really helps to boost your metabolism as well.

If your scared of needles, talk to your doc about taking a pill form and which one they recommend for you.

Congrats in taking the first step! You'll do great!
Thank you so much. I am gonna toughen up and get that shot. I do feel like it will really help. Im so excited already for my weigh-in on Thursday!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #1156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maribella1696
Stats: 180/174/163/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: 2/15/10
Hello everyone, I am on my 6th day of the diet and I have lost a total of 6lbs. In this first week I have only ate meat, chicken, pork, and eggs. I had plenty of water and crystal light. I am a little confused though, because I see alot of the recipe posted. I was under the impression I couldn't have no dairy, or carbs. I was under the impression that only meat, chicken, pork, fish. I was also told that in second week I can only have 2 servings of 1 cup of raw veggies, or 1/2 cup cooked veggies. I was told no fruits. I am having a hard time because I am confused of what I can or can not eat. HELP!!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #1157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bb0325
Stats: 5' 2.5" 240/225/125
WOE: MWLC
Start Date: 01/14/2010; restart 08/24/2012
For newbies going into week two, invest in a food saver. I had one that I purchased from walmart five years ago and started using it now. Especially when it is my husband and I on Fridays and Saturdays I make meals for four and food save what is left. Sometimes that is Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner from the recipes on the recipe thread. I love it, because you can try all the recipes and freeze them for later meals.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #1158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amy1915
Stats: 230/230/130
Start Date: Started Over 9/2012 after 76lb loss in 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maribella1696 View Post
. I am having a hard time because I am confused of what I can or can not eat. HELP!!
Maribella - You need to eat what is allowed for each week, and the clinic should be providing you with handouts for each week that outline what you can & cannot have. Many of the recipes posted include ingredients that are not allowed until later weeks or until you've reached the maintenance phase of the program. Stick with the protein for now and ask for some clarification at your next appointment. Good luck!
Amy
Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #1159
Senior LCF Member

OK.... Day 2 is over! Did well and I even had dinner at an italian restaurant. I had a feeling we would be going out and although I wasn't expecting italian, I did just fine with a little planning! I had to tell my bf and his dght. I was watching carbs and eating alot more protein for awhile. So....I ordered shrimp scampi. I ate the 8 shrimp and they took the pasta home along with their leftovers. Sure they were cooked in garlic butter but I discreetly blotted them with a napkin. I factored that in and knew butter had no carbs and still stayed at 537 calories for the day. I hope my occasional restaurant experiences are this easy. I decided I will not freak out when faced with a less than ideal situation and just move forward.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #1160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: flyergal30
Stats: 198.5/184.0/125
Start Date: 02/09/10
Quote:
OK.... Day 2 is over! Did well and I even had dinner at an italian restaurant. I had a feeling we would be going out and although I wasn't expecting italian, I did just fine with a little planning! I had to tell my bf and his dght. I was watching carbs and eating alot more protein for awhile. So....I ordered shrimp scampi. I ate the 8 shrimp and they took the pasta home along with their leftovers. Sure they were cooked in garlic butter but I discreetly blotted them with a napkin. I factored that in and knew butter had no carbs and still stayed at 537 calories for the day. I hope my occasional restaurant experiences are this easy. I decided I will not freak out when faced with a less than ideal situation and just move forward.
Great job! And what willpower..
Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #1161
Junior LCF Member

Hey guys! Im so excited! Like I said in my previous post I started at 3pm on Thursday but I also had no carbs that day cause I knew I was goin to Medi. So I have been on this for 2 1/2 days. Today would be my 3rd day and I was anxious so I tested for ketosis a day early. I am already in it! I cant wait for my 1st weigh in! I already feel so much better.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #1162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the motivating words! Day 1 is just about over and so far so good. I have eaten 485 calories (I tried hard to get to this number), 16 carbs (10 from protein, 4 from gum, 2 from FF Coffeemate), plenty of water and all my supplements. I opted for the one 12 hour pill vs. the other. The only thing I am not taking is THEIR multi vitamin. The ones I use have so much more in them and doc was cool with that! I felt like I needed more protein but frankly once I finished my last meal, I had a cup of tea and was done! What I want to know is how could I go from eating a few thousand calories a day sometimes and still be hungry and today I am almost forcing myself to eat?? Day 1 down, 6 to go until my first weigh-in! No one knows I am on this program and I realize these feelings come from potential failure, negative comments about the cost, etc. Maybe I shouldn't look at it that way but I haven't always had success with weight loss and it's easier to say nothing. Once the weight loss becomes noticeable, I am telling people I gave up sugar and bad carbs for Lent, except Lent for me is going to last alot longer than 40 days!! LOL The doctor even brought up Lent and sacrificing during my consultation. If we can go without for 40 days, why not longer like forever?

On that note.....I will get off my soap-box! I hope tomorrow goes well!! Good luck to everyone here and have a great weekend!

Susan
The information given to you from Medi are estimates. Always use the label information whenever it is available.

There are hidden carbs in some deli meats as they are processed and they can add sugar. Cottage cheese can have as many as 7 carbs per serving.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #1163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SCgirlinFL
Stats: 259.4/181.8/140
Start Date: January 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by maribella1696 View Post
Hello everyone, I am on my 6th day of the diet and I have lost a total of 6lbs. In this first week I have only ate meat, chicken, pork, and eggs. I had plenty of water and crystal light. I am a little confused though, because I see alot of the recipe posted. I was under the impression I couldn't have no dairy, or carbs. I was under the impression that only meat, chicken, pork, fish. I was also told that in second week I can only have 2 servings of 1 cup of raw veggies, or 1/2 cup cooked veggies. I was told no fruits. I am having a hard time because I am confused of what I can or can not eat. HELP!!
Hey Maribella,

My clinic did not let me eat fruit until week 3. It is VERY high in carbs so you have to really watch out...I am in week 6 and still NEVER eat a full serving of fruit...I always eat 1/4 to 1/2 a serving wh/ really cuts down on the carbs. Good luck, SCgirl
Old 02-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #1164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite23 View Post
Can the medi friendly recipes be used during the acute phase or only the maintenance? For example-can I have oopsie rolls in week 2? FF cream cheese has 30 cals and 3 carbs for 2 TBSP so it looks like you could have these?
Hey DWhite, I would say if you are well into the program meaning you are past the first few weeks, you can eat just about whatever as long as you r 1) still eating 500 calories from protein only food 2) staying in your 15-20g of carbs range & 3) Not going over your allowed calorie intake wh/ for me is about 600 cal. Then again, I am NO expert...you may want to ask your clinic.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #1165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Susan
Hey Susan,

Just as an FYI, I was told no gum or creamer the 1st week...NOTHING but protein. Also, not sure wh/ creamer you are using, but the sugar free creamer has fewer carbs than the ff (it's only 1 per TBL). I know that some of the deli meats do have a carb or so (you have to be very careful w/ ham) and the eggbeaters have 1 carb, but my doc said you should be eating next to NO carbs per day except for those exceptions. Good luck, SCgirl
Old 02-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #1166
Senior LCF Member

Well, today is Day 3 and I am feeling a bit nauseous and anxious. I had coffee, grilled chicken, cottage cheese and some sliced roast beef so far today and I hope I can get thru the next 4-5 hours so I can sleep. Still have to eat some dinner. Tomorrow is Ketone day! Very curious. I weighed myself today and I have lost 5 pounds since Friday, which was mostly water I am sure. I did make a note that my scale is the same as the clinics!! I am trying to stay distracted but I do feel lousy but it's going to be soooo worth it!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #1167
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinin10
Stats: 217/160
Start Date: 1/19/2010
Susie, thank you so much for the extra push! I admit I get a little disappointed when I lose less that 3lbs but I am sticking to it and I must say this site helps to keep me going forward.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinin10 View Post
Susie, thank you so much for the extra push! I admit I get a little disappointed when I lose less that 3lbs but I am sticking to it and I must say this site helps to keep me going forward.
I am so glad you stuck with it. Every pound lost is a forward step in your weightloss journey. Keep up the good work and keep posting. I love to see your progress.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #1169
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
Start Date: 1/2/10
STRUGGLING

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on here in a while. I'm frustrated because I am STRUGGLING. I lost 12lbs in 3 wks. Then I went off and thought I could do it on my own. I couldn't. So I've been been on the program, but it has been so hard getting back to where I was..

Luckily, the weight is still off. But, I cannot seem to get into ketosis. One night I went off to have a few drinks (stupid!) and I've never been able to get back on. I GET CONSTANT SWEET / CHOCOLATE CRAVINGS. Does anyone else get this? I want the chocolate so bad I'm shaking.. And I feel so NAUSEOUS and sick that I have to eat something non-meat!

I tried getting sugar-free chocolates but ate the whole stupid bag. Twice. Ok, three times! My fiance is so excited because I'm losing the back injury weight and the shape of my face is showing again! I'm down about 20 lbs (some I lost beforehand) but out of ketosis. Any advice on fighting the cravings? It's so much harder the second time around, so all you newbies STAY WITH IT - it's not worth going off!

Thanks,
Julie
Old 03-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #1170
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
JulesDouce - As crazy as it sounds, you sound like me with the candida carb cravings. Go to the candida thread and read anything that I wrote. It may help. It's tough I know, I really KNOW because, as I just wrote on the MWL Fabulous February thread today, having to get back onto week 1 and doing ketosis again is such a pain. Come on, you're not alone...read what you need to, plan your food, and stick to it. The worse part is the "die off" from the carbs leaving your system that first week. No alcohol...you cannot do that and stay in ketosis really. Alcohol has almost as many calories as a carb!
Closed Thread