Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #1021
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: harvdoc2000
Stats: 230.6/230.6/185
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 01/26/10
pickles 1st week

can you have a pickle a day the 1st week?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #1022
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SCgirlinFL
Stats: 259.4/181.8/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: January 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvdoc2000 View Post
can you have a pickle a day the 1st week?
I wld say No. I was told ONLY protein wk 1 wh/ means anything frm the protein list they gave you. Wk 2 you are allowed snacks a few times a week wh/ wld include the pickles.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #1023
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dwhite23
Stats: 174/162/140
Start Date: March 2010
Can we have shirataki noodles the first week of the program? I bought some that are 20 cals, 0.5 fat, 3 carbs, and 0 sugar.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #1024
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinin10 View Post
I did not see the the doctor just the tech. She attributed it to my TOM and didnt seem that suprised.

SCgirlinFl- I go to the Jupiter center.

This could absolutely be true. I carry around 5lbs of water weight during my TOM and immediately lose it afterwards. Don't give up!! You've worked too hard and gotten past the brutal part which I'm still in.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #1025
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shananagins
Stats: 251/236.5/170
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/7/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite23 View Post
Can we have shirataki noodles the first week of the program? I bought some that are 20 cals, 0.5 fat, 3 carbs, and 0 sugar.
dwhite, no you can't. Only eat the proteins on the approved list. When you go for your first weigh in, ask when you can incorporate those into your diet.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #1026
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thinin10
Stats: 217/160
Start Date: 1/19/2010
Thank you guys so much for the support. I had read the larger amounts of weight dropped in week 1 and expected the same. I am determined to stay with at least another week and hopefully the scale will be nice to me
Old 01-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #1027
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: deb328g
Stats: 233/216/160
Start Date: January 23, 2010
I am almost through Day 5 with not too many problems - just shakiness at night. I stay busy at work, then after coming home, I do my school work (in school part-time). I noticed that the busier I am - I don't think about the food. I convinced a co-worker to go on the diet - she had her appointment today. I am hoping that her and I will have some of the great results all of you have had and we can motivate each other. Hope to see her on here soon :-)

Does anyone know what to attribute the shakiness to? Is it all the meds? or just withdrawal from food, or all of the above? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #1028
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb328g View Post
I am almost through Day 5 with not too many problems - just shakiness at night. I stay busy at work, then after coming home, I do my school work (in school part-time). I noticed that the busier I am - I don't think about the food. I convinced a co-worker to go on the diet - she had her appointment today. I am hoping that her and I will have some of the great results all of you have had and we can motivate each other. Hope to see her on here soon :-)

Does anyone know what to attribute the shakiness to? Is it all the meds? or just withdrawal from food, or all of the above? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Deb328g, I would say probably a combo of all of the above. Are you getting in your electrolyte drink? Maybe sipping on the crystal light hydration (my prefence) or the poweraid zero or even low sodium Chicken broth would be helpful. Good Luck, SC
Old 01-27-2010, 07:36 AM   #1029
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Quote:
I did not see the the doctor just the tech. She attributed it to my TOM and didnt seem that suprised.

SCgirlinFl- I go to the Jupiter center.

hi Thin10
I also go to the Jupiter center. I like the staff and the doctor.

Keep it up. You can do this!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #1030
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: harvdoc2000
Stats: 230.6/230.6/185
Start Date: 01/26/10
Thanks I did not think so
Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #1031
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
Start Date: 1/14/2010
SCgirlinFL
Don't forget you are totally coming off all sugar, even the natural sugar in fruits. Your body is converting over to a different fuel to burn, fat instead of sugar. That is part of the shaky, jittery, headachey feeling. It does get better. Make sure you always have something on your stomach when you take the supplements. And drink eight ounces of water after taking them.
Also, eat every bit of your calories allowed.
Hang in there!! It does get better.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #1032
Senior LCF Member

deb328g
My last post was actually for you!!
Keep watching the scales go down and your will power up.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #1033
Junior LCF Member

Nick80- Ive only been to the center twice but everyone has been super nice.
deb- I was advised to cut back on the caffeine (diet coke) to see if it made me less jittery. I cut back but I just find that I feel better when I keep moving.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #1034
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethgrace View Post
SCgirlinFL
Don't forget you are totally coming off all sugar, even the natural sugar in fruits. Your body is converting over to a different fuel to burn, fat instead of sugar. That is part of the shaky, jittery, headachey feeling. It does get better. Make sure you always have something on your stomach when you take the supplements. And drink eight ounces of water after taking them.
Also, eat every bit of your calories allowed.
Hang in there!! It does get better.
Thanks for this! I like to hear that this fatigued feeling goes away! I have my 1st weigh-in on Friday - I'm looking forward to it - but not getting my hopes to far up there I do know that I went to put my jeans on this morning and they were a bit loose!

Here's are two questions that I'm curious about -
1 - how many pounds did you all loose in order to actually SEE the difference?
2 - how many pounds before you had to buy a smaller pair of jeans?

You all are truly terrific on this site - glad I found you!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #1035
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Nick80- Ive only been to the center twice but everyone has been super nice.
deb- I was advised to cut back on the caffeine (diet coke) to see if it made me less jittery. I cut back but I just find that I feel better when I keep moving.
HA - funny you mentioned that! I was just thinking about that - I'm a HUGE coffee drinker. I love my coffee with cream and sugar but have limited myself to coffee with sugar-free french vanilla creamer. I drink what I need in water everyday - but I get tired of drinking it so I always go back to coffee. I do not like the taste of flavored water but have done well with SmartWater (it tastes just like regular spring water).

What else is there to drink that I'm missing?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #1036
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethgrace View Post
deb328g
My last post was actually for you!!
Keep watching the scales go down and your will power up.
and yes - I've been peeking at the scale.. I need to stop that!

Last edited by deb328g; 01-27-2010 at 05:49 PM..
Old 01-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #1037
Senior LCF Member

Man I am on edge! I have been anxious and short-tempered all afternoon w/ absolutely ZERO patience. I don't know what is wrong w/ me & that frustrates me even more. I can't even blame my TOM b/c it is nowhere near. I am even pissy about having to weigh and eat a certain amount of food. I don't know where this mood came from, but hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone! Just needed to vent...thanks for reading SC
Old 01-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #1038
Senior LCF Member

SCgirlinFL
Vent Away!!! Actually, your body chemicals may be a little out of balance. It should settle down.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #1039
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! Today seems better so far. It was so wierd, I was fine in the am and then it was like a switch was turned off and BAM. I was in such a foul mood I couldn't even enjoy my news w/ everyone. Yesterday was weigh in #3 & I am down a total of 18.2 lbs.....YEAH ME! Unfortunately, I can't seem to see or feel the difference The people at the clinic said probably over the next week or so it wld hit me & I would be surprised to see the difference. My clothes aren't really fitting me different b/c due to being a SAHM I live in sweatpants...anyway I thought I would atleast FEEL thinner. Oh well, as long as I see the lbs dropping on the scale I guess I will try to be patient and wait for my body will change. Anyone else have this problem? When did you start to see/feel results? Here's to a great day for everyone, SC
Old 01-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #1040
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCgirlinFL View Post
Good morning all! Today seems better so far. It was so wierd, I was fine in the am and then it was like a switch was turned off and BAM. I was in such a foul mood I couldn't even enjoy my news w/ everyone. Yesterday was weigh in #3 & I am down a total of 18.2 lbs.....YEAH ME! Unfortunately, I can't seem to see or feel the difference The people at the clinic said probably over the next week or so it wld hit me & I would be surprised to see the difference. My clothes aren't really fitting me different b/c due to being a SAHM I live in sweatpants...anyway I thought I would atleast FEEL thinner. Oh well, as long as I see the lbs dropping on the scale I guess I will try to be patient and wait for my body will change. Anyone else have this problem? When did you start to see/feel results? Here's to a great day for everyone, SC
Glad today is better for you! Your stats are somewhat similar to mine regarding starting weight. I really could not notice until about 30 pounds. People did not say anything to me until about 40 pounds. It was frustrating at first but I knew I was losing and I knew I felt better so that was what really helped me get through. Best of luck to you and hope today is better for you!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #1041
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shananagins
Stats: 251/236.5/170
Start Date: 1/7/10
Quote:
First,
That is terrific about your loss of 18.2! You GO girl! My stats are similar to yours as well. I am only down 11 after two weeks and won't go for my third weigh in until Monday. I only feel it at this point in my face and ankles. My face is not so bloated looking and my ankles aren't as swolllen. (I have cankles at this weight, ugh!) I can tell I am losing some of the fluid build up. As long as the scale is going down I am happy, but I too would like to see the results. Patience I tell myself!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #1042
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hlkgirl
Stats: 209.6/196.6/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 01/06/2010
I wasn't going to say anything, but I think everyone on this board hopefully has gone through what I went through yesterday. Maybe not this soon, but at some point. I can't eat another bite of stupid protein And I'm sure it won't be the last time. However, I did run out of appetite suppressants and thought hey I'll be okay, I was wrong. I got fairly hungry and could only refrain for so long.

I have only been on the program for 3 weeks, with a weight loss of 13 lbs, way better than I could do on any other program. Although others lose that in a week, it's all relative and I'm okay with that. I was also put on some other prescriptions last week and am still trying to figure out how they affect me as well.

I indulged in my sweet tooth yesterday, and went way overboard...not even stuff I loved, which makes it even more STUPID. I was out of ketosis today, shocker, but in my defense that was the first time. I was ready to quit yesterday, find something else, it's too expensive, blah blah blah.

Well, I wanted everyone to know that I dusted myself off, filled my prescription and feel totally fine today. A momentary lapse of sanity, and a pending birthday isn't helping either!!!! I knew if anybody could understand what I was going through it would be all of you. So as always thanks for listening and I am so happy to know that I have everyone's support. I feel better already!

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."
– F. Scott Fitzgerald
Old 01-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #1043
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hlkgirl
Stats: 209.6/196.6/150
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 01/06/2010
One last thing, did anyone feel apprehensive about exercising at first? I truly enjoy exercise, once I get going. However, I feel I have to bust my butt at the gym for over an hour to get any results, etc. I need to tell myself that doing one hour once or twice a week, is not as good as 20-30 minutes everyday...I just want to know how people gauge themselves to make sure they don't overdo it, on such few calories. I can burn 250-400 in one workout.

Thankfully I haven't had some of the symptoms others have had the first few days/weeks. No headaches, no fatigue, minimal nauseau, etc. I guess I need to stop making excuses, and get off the couch and MOVE.

Okay thanks again...here comes the snow in Wichita,
Old 01-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #1044
Junior LCF Member

SCgirlin Fl - I havent lost nearly as much weight as you guys but I cant imagine not being able to see it, I bet others around you do.
Hlk- You are so funny!!! I needed that laugh today. Of course I have those I hate "stupid protein" days and Im only on day 10, lol.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #1045
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Katiebug22
Stats: 169/169/140
WOE: Medi-Weightloss - low carb
Start Date: January 2010
Brand Newbie!!!

Hey everyone!

I just joined Medi Weightloss today. Went in for my consultation, got weighed in, EKG, the works. Guess what? I forgot to get my shots though. I was actually asking about taking the sublingual pills they have as I'm afraid of shots, but I left without getting any. I may go back tomorrow morning and get my blood work done since it had to be fasting and see if I can get in there and get the shots.

I'm really excited. Thanks for the information on this board. I've been reading for a few days and I just felt I had to try this. I'm going in whole-heartedly.

Thanks for all the encouragement and I will keep you posted on my progress. I'm going to give it my all!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #1046
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkgirl View Post
One last thing, did anyone feel apprehensive about exercising at first? I truly enjoy exercise, once I get going. However, I feel I have to bust my butt at the gym for over an hour to get any results, etc. I need to tell myself that doing one hour once or twice a week, is not as good as 20-30 minutes everyday...I just want to know how people gauge themselves to make sure they don't overdo it, on such few calories. I can burn 250-400 in one workout.

Thankfully I haven't had some of the symptoms others have had the first few days/weeks. No headaches, no fatigue, minimal nauseau, etc. I guess I need to stop making excuses, and get off the couch and MOVE.

Okay thanks again...here comes the snow in Wichita,
Hey Hlkgirl,
Love, Love, Love the quote by Fitzgerald! So true. Anyway, NO you are not alone in the "if I have to eat one more bite of egg or other protein I am going to run screaming" category. Kudos to you for getting right back up on the horse As far as the exercising, I have started walking 30-45 min 4-5 x/wk and have noticed nothing but positive feelings. I have to admit that due to living in S.FL it is 70 & beautiful (not trying to rub it in) so that definitly helps, but I have loved getting back into it. It has not made me hungrier or anything and I am burning b/w 350-450 calories a workout. I discussed it w/ my doc & he said if I were to begin strength training or do extensive cardio then they wld increase my protein intake (something I DON'T want happening) to supplement. I'm fine w/ my walking thank you very much. Good luck & try to stay warm, SC
Old 01-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #1047
Senior LCF Member

Confused abt carbs

I have the Calorie chart for the meats and am confused. Sometimes they say to count something as having no carbs, but when you look on the Nutritional information it states that it does. For example...my deli ham is less than 1 gram of fat per oz so it would counted as a very lean w/ no carbs, but the nutritional info states it has 2. Also, my cottage cheese is in the Lean category wh/ states zero carbs, but the carton states 3. Wh/ do I go w/? Does the amt of protein discount the carbs or what? I feel like I am missing something. What are you guys doing? Anyone else running into this problem?

SC
Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #1048
Junior LCF Member

I go with medi b/c afterall it is their program that we are following, but I'm no expert.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #1049
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
I have the Calorie chart for the meats and am confused. Sometimes they say to count something as having no carbs, but when you look on the Nutritional information it states that it does. For example...my deli ham is less than 1 gram of fat per oz so it would counted as a very lean w/ no carbs, but the nutritional info states it has 2. Also, my cottage cheese is in the Lean category wh/ states zero carbs, but the carton states 3. Wh/ do I go w/? Does the amt of protein discount the carbs or what? I feel like I am missing something. What are you guys doing? Anyone else running into this problem?

SC
Medi put all those different items three catagories, very lean, lean, medium lean. Do you think that every item in a particular column all have the exact same nutritional facts, e.g., egg whites and chicken, which are both in the lean column? Those numbers are an estimate and ignorant of how they are prepared. Look at the ingredients in your deli ham and I am sure you will see there are added ingredients. Processed meats can have carbs. I would follow the label unless you have reason to suspect the label is wrong. For instance if you have a meat that is swimming in fat and it says it is fat free, I would question that. Sometimes I will google the nutritional facts of a certain item/brand to see what the internet says. Not all deli meats are the same, and this goes for the other items too.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #1050
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Man I am on edge! I have been anxious and short-tempered all afternoon w/ absolutely ZERO patience. I don't know what is wrong w/ me & that frustrates me even more. I can't even blame my TOM b/c it is nowhere near. I am even pissy about having to weigh and eat a certain amount of food. I don't know where this mood came from, but hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone! Just needed to vent...thanks for reading SC

I have the same issue and it's the appetite suppressant that is causing it with me. I am NEVER like this and even TOM doesn't cause it. I've been on an AP similar to the one I am on now and it did the same thing so I really have to watch myself and my attitude when I take it. It is similar to an amphetamine so the side effects are as well. You can do a google search and read all about the side effects.
Closed Thread