Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
Well, maybe is a good idea about cutting sweets and white flours before beginning the diet ... but eat any fruit and vegetable and proteins until then.

I cut all the "bad carbs" in January because my weight, and blood test were not good .... And I felt awful .... I lost 6 pounds in 2 months, just cutting those carbs, but I didn't control my portions and I was eating too many fruits.

Then, I decided to join Medi and the first week was very easy for me (since I did not have any "bad carb" withdraw), I did not have any headache, any crash or any bad mood ... It was a little boring, because you just eat proteins, but I felt great!

I guess I did not have any headache or felt bad because I got used not to eat bad carbs for a couple of months before starting Medi.

It was funny the only thing I really craved (and I am still craving) it is pinneapple ...

Before I started Medi, I used to have for dinner 1/2 pinneapple ... I love it! but of course was messing up with my weight loss ......

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sybs
Stats: 220/190ish/150
WOE: Lower carb
So orlando2002 how much have you lost on the program so far?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanryan View Post
I am on day 6 of week one. Easter weekend was Hard! I have been sooo hungry and tired. They started me on the lowest dose of app suppressant twice daily. They don't seem to do much for me and leave me stranded at night. Nighttime is my worst snack time of the day. I am thinking I need to request a 3 day higher dose for next week. The worst part of this week was the lack of diet coke. I broke down yesterday and got some caffeine free/calorie free soda. It really helped. The headaches are gone now...yeah!

Hey Ryan, Have you tried drinking broth? It helped me so much during my first couple of weeks. Best of luck!
Sherrie
Old 04-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

I lost 17.5 pounds the first 4 weeks ... Tomorrow it is my 5th weigh in and I am sure I have lost at least 4 more pounds ... but I can't confirn that until tomorrow.

so, 17.5 pounds in 4 weeks and tomorrow I will update my total lost ...

Last week, even I lost 4 pounds of fat, I gained 2 pounds of water, so could be more ... but you know ... when the TIME OF THE MONTH comes, my water goes up

Old 04-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Ryan, I noticed when I am close to TOM I get hungrier and anxious .... I thought the pills where not working, but now the TOM is gone and I am not having any hunger pain or craving ...... it last just for a couple of days ...

Are you close to those day???

I hope you are a girl and I am not asking to a guy if he is close to TOM? lol!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:14 AM   #66
Junior LCF Member

Well starting today I'm cutting back on everything bad for me so to speak. So I'm getting most of the carbs out and focusing on protein (eggs, bacon for now, fish, lean meat, etc) and cutting out sodas. I called the clinic and she answered a lot of questions and she said coffee was ok in moderation. I want to stick with decaf tho just to see if that will help. I think I just need something hot and tasty in the mornings.

Do they specify anything about splenda/sweetnlow/etc? How about coke zero or other diet beverages? I'm focused enough to cut them out all together, but I do want to have drink options...

She also said I should take it easy on the first week of working out...I'm still going to workout, but I wanted to get other ppl's input about how they did and how they felt.

Thats is for now
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybs View Post
Well starting today I'm cutting back on everything bad for me so to speak. So I'm getting most of the carbs out and focusing on protein (eggs, bacon for now, fish, lean meat, etc) and cutting out sodas. I called the clinic and she answered a lot of questions and she said coffee was ok in moderation. I want to stick with decaf tho just to see if that will help. I think I just need something hot and tasty in the mornings.

Do they specify anything about splenda/sweetnlow/etc? How about coke zero or other diet beverages? I'm focused enough to cut them out all together, but I do want to have drink options...

She also said I should take it easy on the first week of working out...I'm still going to workout, but I wanted to get other ppl's input about how they did and how they felt.

Thats is for now
Posts #1 and 2 have information on the Medi program grocery list and first week requirements.
Sherrie
Old 04-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Yea, I saw that..doesn't say anything about Splenda or SweetnLow...some say count each packet as a carb, some say don't use them.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yea, I saw that..doesn't say anything about Splenda or SweetnLow...some say count each packet as a carb, some say don't use them.
Sybs, Moderation is the key. I use splenda sometime but mostly I drink one sprite zero and 2 cups coffee per day. I didn't give up my morning coffee because I drink it plain and want to continue drinking it. It is the only caffine I have each day. I don't count the splenda in my calories cause I don't use it that often. Hope this helps you!
Sherrie
Old 04-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Want2Lose2
Stats: 192.8/165/145-150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 4/14/09
So, I'm a newbie... I'm actually going for my initial appointment in 1 hour and suddenly I wish I has found this website last week so I could've prepared for zero carbs.. lol.. probably better that I didn't.

I want to thank you all for the tips and especially the grocery lists.. I went shopping this am and bought some frozed Weight Watchers meals... oops, I guess they will be off my list. Will I be able to add them back in?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Sorry Want2lose2, I have no idea what thos WW meals contains, so it is pretty hard to say if you will be able to use them pretty soon ...

Did you save the receipt? can you bring them back?

It is a good idea if you eat whole food, home made. Stay away from the pre-package meal, they are too high in sodium ....

Good luck
Old 04-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Weight Watchers meals? Ummmmm...that would be a no during the acute phase...this is the first phase where you are losing all the weight. I am still in this phase so I cannot address the next phase. I buy everything fresh, and cook for myself. THAT was a huge change for me, because cooking is something I pretty much gave up when the kids grew up and moved out on their own...quick and easy was my motto! But, I have to say, I am really enjoying the cooking.

You will receive a packet that contains a whole lot of valuable info for the first week and beyond. Read it through once, and hang on to it, as a lot of your questions will be answered in that material.

I pretty much decaffeinated myself several years ago, except for my morning cup of coffee or tea. I did not experience any headaches or any lightheadedness or weakness during the first week and I was really on the go travelling that week along with the rush of the holidays. I did make it through the first week pretty easily because there was a lot going on around me so my attention was not focused on myself. And I lost 11.5 lbs.

I exercise daily and have for years so continuing to do so did not cause any problems. Although, instead of power walking in the middle of my daily walk, I kept to a moderate pace instead. Went back to power walking in week 2.

As for sodas, that is something I gave up a while ago as well. A Sprite Zero now and then, most then, is about it. You will need to decide for yourself on that one.

Wishing all our newbies well and know you will be successful. This is a major lifestyle change far more than it is a diet. And once that element of information settles and stays, you will find this an easy path to follow.

Jo
Old 04-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: karenvk
Stats: 183/153/123
WOE: medi weight loss clinic
Start Date: 4/15/2009
Hello all, I'm new here, today was my first app. at mwlc. I have tried other diet plans and nothing has worked. I would like to know how do you guys control the cravings and temptations .... I know that is my problem, and hope I can succeed this time. mwl will be my last try in order to get my regular weight back. Wish me luck!!! and thank you for the great tips.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Karen, I was in the same train and you before ..... I have had ANY craving and temptations since I started the program .... Well, I am lying .. I have a temptation EVERY morning ... the scale in my bathroom LOL!

The pills work great, you had to believe in you and the program, because it works ....

Good luck, you came to the right place ....
Old 04-15-2009, 07:22 AM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Hey Karenvk...I've done Atkins in the past and you'd be amazed at how much your cravings will be reduced. It's weird..I was waiting to 'want' something bad and just never really did. A big factor in that is who/where you hang out. I've noticed that I want to eat worse depending on who I'm with....maybe its just me, but sometimes when my friends are eating bad and unhealthy its almost like permission in my mind. I thikn 'I'm not anywhere near as big as them'..which is horrible I know, but I'm just being real.

And success is one of the greatest motivators. So when you lose 10 pounds a week you'll be more motivated to keep going as opposed to having a stack of pancakes in celebration.

Just my 2 cents
Old 04-15-2009, 07:22 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Orlando2002 & Desert-Rose7. I had my initial consult last night and received my packet of information. I started today off with water instead of tea, and some egg-whites. I'm just starting to feel a little hungry now but I'll be eating in about an hour.

I am hoping that I lose a lot in my first week so it will motivate me to stick with this lifestyle change.

Another question: I have my packet but it lists all items for the Acute Phase, I want to make sure that I'm doing everything right, can I have just protein in week 1, no cheese right?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:57 AM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
Start Date: 3/22/09
Quote:
Hey Karenvk...I've done Atkins in the past and you'd be amazed at how much your cravings will be reduced. It's weird..I was waiting to 'want' something bad and just never really did. A big factor in that is who/where you hang out. I've noticed that I want to eat worse depending on who I'm with....maybe its just me, but sometimes when my friends are eating bad and unhealthy its almost like permission in my mind. I thikn 'I'm not anywhere near as big as them'..which is horrible I know, but I'm just being real.

And success is one of the greatest motivators. So when you lose 10 pounds a week you'll be more motivated to keep going as opposed to having a stack of pancakes in celebration.

Just my 2 cents

I couldn't agree more. How other's eat around you can be a big factor. For the first 3 weeks, my husband and I turned down every request to get together with family and friends. We didn't want to be tempted and quite frankly, we just didn't want to subject ourselves to having to turn everything down. Now that we have a handle on the program, we resumed our friendships.

Also, I used to get a lot of cravings and then when I joined MWL and gave up the sugar (sweets, refined carbs, etc) they went away COMPLETELY. I am 3.5 weeks in and I feel better than I have in a very long time. I do NOT want to go back. I have 100lbs to lose (well, 85 as of Monday!) and I think that over the remainder of this year I will be able to finally kick my old habits and create new, healthy ones in their place.

Watching the weight come off is truly the best motivator! This board is also a wonderful motivator. Seeing how far Desert Rose, Susie, McBoo, Jon Pryor, MChestnut, Orlando, Jeffery's Girl, etc. have come is so very inspiring!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Want2lose2, the only cheese you can have in week 1 is 1/2 cup (a day) of low fat or fat free cottage cheese. I used to put some Splenda and mix it with the cottage cheese and a dash of cinnamon and it taste really good !!! like a dessert

Curley, thanks for including me in your inpiration list I am inspiring myself too ... I just can't believe even the oldest clothes in my closet, which I tought they will be still tight, they are actually BIG!!! It is a great feeling!

I am saving to buy a nice clothes soon .....

Good luck everyone!

Silvia
Old 04-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Ohhhh I can't wait to get there Silvia! There are 2 skirts in my closet that have eluded me for years. They still have tags and everything...I can't WAIT to kick their butts HA HA HA! And I want to get a bright yellow tube dress when I reach goal..not sure why yellow, it just feels like such a happy color! Anyone else got something they can't wait to get into???
Monday can't come soon enough!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

sybs, you will be wearing your skirts in no time

I love yellow too, it is a very nice color to celebrate your new sexy body I wish you can shop for that dress soonnnnnn! Summer will be here soon! :P
Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Total agreement on the clothes! I had purchased some new things for the Spring season late in November. They all -without exception-were sent back for full credit. WAY too big. That really made me feel good.

Jo
Old 04-16-2009, 04:58 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
OMG! I agree with the new clothes shopping, I just can't wait! One of things I am setting a goal on is shopping in the normal size womens sections of the store - No more fat lady section for me!

Right now it is just fun putting something on and it is loose out of the dryer - no breaking it in so to speak!!!

PS That yellow sundress sounds great! When you get take a picture to show it off!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:09 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
Start Date: 3/22/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
OMG! I agree with the new clothes shopping, I just can't wait! One of things I am setting a goal on is shopping in the normal size womens sections of the store - No more fat lady section for me!

Right now it is just fun putting something on and it is loose out of the dryer - no breaking it in so to speak!!!

PS That yellow sundress sounds great! When you get take a picture to show it off!

LOL, Robyn(another inspiration, btw)! While my husband has been able to wear clothes he hasn't fit into in years, I am still in my current wardrobe and getting psyched that they fit/loose right out of the dryer!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:31 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
CurleyQ

Thanks for the compliment and you know I feel inspired! But anyway, its funny the things that make you happy with the WOE!

Have a great week!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 188.6/187.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 10/19/13
I am starting May 6 on a program that sounds almost identical offered through a medical facility near where I live. I can't wait! This group seems so helpful.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Hey NCGIRL...we meet again Yea, it's helpful to browse around and see everyone's experiences and successes! I'm going in for my appointment on Monday @ 3 so I won't get started till Tuesday. In the mean time I've been cutting down on all the crazy eating and trying to cut down on caffeine.

I'm just so ready to win the battle and get healthier. I've been maintaining for a while now and I'm ready to take it to the next level. I have a big college reunion this summer to and I plan on being very much in shape! I've read that goals must be clear, measurable and have a definite deadline. So it's July 9-12...almost eleven weeks from now. I want to be down 33-40 pounds by then...clear enuf? Definite deadline too

What's everyone else's goals/timelines?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Please join us on the April thread. There is a lot more info there.

Also please be sure to check out the newbie thread at Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1..

After week 1 there is a great recipe thread too... http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...s-recipes.html

Susie
Old 04-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #88
Junior LCF Member

Karenvk,

I looks like we started on the same day, I am on day 2 and doing ok but I'm really hungry? I don't think the pills are controlling my appetite, I just keep drinking water and crystal light to fill my belly. How are you doing?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member

hi want2loose2,

Well, I thought I was going to be hungrier, I think that the appetite supresants really work for me. I have being eating a hardboil egg for breakfast, and that holds me verry well until I eat lunch, probably between 2 and 3 pm. Maybe you want to try that. I also walked for 1 hour yesterday...I hope I continue motivated in order to achieve my goal. I wish you good luck!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #90
Junior LCF Member

HI ORLANDO 2002,

YOU ARE RIGHT, TE PILLS DO WORK GREAT FOR ME. THEY HAD CONTROLED MY APETITE AND CRAVINGS...I JUST CAN NOT BELEIVE IT. I HOPE I CONTINUE MOTIVATED AND FEELING GREAT... JUST ONE QUESTION, HOW MUCH EXERCISE DO YOU THING I SHOULD DO A DAY....I WOULD LOVE TO REACH MY GOAL (55 POUNDS) AND MANTAIN IT!!!!
Closed Thread