Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #841
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Hello All- TGIF! Excited to finally share a weight loss post. Hubby and I went for our week 1(actually day 6) visit and I was so happy to have lost 12.8lbs. Even better- hubby lost 14lbs!!! So happy to head into the weekend with great news!

Loving this forum. So many wonderful, inspirational people here. I hope to be one in the future!!

Peace to all :-)

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #842
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
Hello All- TGIF! Excited to finally share a weight loss post. Hubby and I went for our week 1(actually day 6) visit and I was so happy to have lost 12.8lbs. Even better- hubby lost 14lbs!!! So happy to head into the weekend with great news!

Loving this forum. So many wonderful, inspirational people here. I hope to be one in the future!!

Congratulations!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #843
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/2/10
WAY TO GO!

MOM on a MISSION - WAY TO GO!

I started this week too and my weigh in is tomorrow. I pray I'm as successful as you! Hang in there, we can all do it!

Thanks for sharing, it's so exciting!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #844
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SCgirlinFL
Stats: 259.4/181.8/140
WOE: Medi
Start Date: January 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
SCinFL

You will get used to drinking the water. Some people are extremely thristy from the AS and that passes as well. A trick I did for making sure I got all my water in was to fill a gallon jug of water in the morning and pour from it all day. When it was gone, I was golden! I still do this, it becomes habit!
Thanks for the great idea, I think I may try that
Old 01-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #845
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Congrats Mom on a Mission!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #846
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LegalEagle
Stats: 5'8" 234/216/150
Start Date: January 5, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCgirlinFL View Post
Hey Legal Eagle - I go the Medi in Boca Raton off of Federal Hwy. How about you?
Hello SCgirlinFL!! I go to the Medi in Aventura.. not too far away! How do you like your clinic?

(And I agree with the gallon of water comment - I have been doing this as well!!! It is so much easier to keep track of that way!)...

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #847
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LegalEagle
Stats: 5'8" 234/216/150
Start Date: January 5, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post

WOW!! Congrats Mom on a Mission!!!! That is an AMAZING weight loss for you and your hubby! What an inspiration!!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #848
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
anyone else having issues with Burps that taste like fish-I never burped until now- and it is not fun with it tasting like rotten fish
Old 01-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #849
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shananagins
Stats: 251/236.5/170
Start Date: 1/7/10
CCCOX,
It is likely the Omega 3. Try taking them with food or not - (different than the way you have been taking them). It may help.
I am two days behind you and go the Southlake clinic. Good luck! Day two, so far so good!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #850
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCOX View Post
anyone else having issues with Burps that taste like fish-I never burped until now- and it is not fun with it tasting like rotten fish
Hey CCCox, the girl at my clinic said that could happen w/ the omega fish oil capsules. She suggested I put them in the freezer and take them that way. I have only taken a couple, but it seems to have worked for me. It was also suggested that I take them w/ food, but that may have been to prevent nausea. Anyway, worth a try...good luck!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #851
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Hello SCgirlinFL!! I go to the Medi in Aventura.. not too far away! How do you like your clinic?

(And I agree with the gallon of water comment - I have been doing this as well!!! It is so much easier to keep track of that way!)...

Happy Friday everyone!
Hey Legal Eagle, my clinic seems ok, they all seem nice. I just started and am on day 2 so I have only been in once. I have made a couple of calls regarding carb questions. The first time I called I was on day 1 (wh/ I was sure to tell her) and she said I could have 15-20g carbs a day....that didn't sound right and THANK GOODNESS I didn't follow that rule, when I talked w/ the doctor today he said that was for the 2nd week. WHEW
Old 01-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #852
Senior LCF Member

Question about calories

I have my sheet from the clinic w/ the calories per oz for certain proteins, but there seems to be quite a discrepancy b/w those calories & the calories on the packaging. Is anyone else finding that and if so wh/ # are you going by?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #853
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: saraanne
Stats: 188/161/140
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 01/06/10
Quote:
I have my sheet from the clinic w/ the calories per oz for certain proteins, but there seems to be quite a discrepancy b/w those calories & the calories on the packaging. Is anyone else finding that and if so wh/ # are you going by?
I noticed this too. There was a difference on the chicken and turkey I bought. Since I am only on day two I just decided I'd go with what the clinic had on the sheet and I'll get more clarification next week.

Does anyone know if sugar free jello is allowed? What about pickles? Both are on the week one shopping list. Both are zero calories and zero carbs, but I can't figure out if they are okay or not. If they are on the shoppinig list it seems that they should be okay?

Sara
Old 01-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #854
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MommybyNate
Stats: 200/200/150
Sara -- I think jello and pickles are allowed after week one.

CCCOX -- The Omega 3 pills are from a fish source, and unfortunately one of the side effects are fishy burps! blah! Someone @ my clinic suggested putting them in the fridge (not freezer). Works for me!

Shannon -- Did the clinic give you a glossy little pamphlet? Titled supplements and more? All of the info about the supplements is in there. If they didn't PM me on CM (screenname: Schuyler) and I'll get you the info! Also, about the weight loss -- I have read that sometimes people don't lose at the beginning and then all of a sudden there is a big weight loss right at the end of the week. I peak at the scale every day, so I really shouldn't even say this -- but try not to weigh yourself until your next weigh in. That way you won't start to feel discouraged. I promise that you'll lose some! LMK if you need anything!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #855
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hlkgirl
Stats: 209.6/196.6/150
Start Date: 01/06/2010
Quote:
I was told to go by the package, as their information is just estimates. I don't know if the amount on the package is cooked or uncooked. My clinic told me the calories were for cooked portions. Maybe that's the discrepancy???

I'm happy to see so many "newbies" to share this experience with and nice knowing we all have questions.

Good luck to you!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #856
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannoneb1124
Start Date: January 4, 2009
Schuyler ~

I did not get that pamphlet? I just rechecked all the info in the folder they gave me-they must have left it out? I'll pm you on cm about it. And, thanks so much for all your help!

Great job everyone! We can do this! Stay positive- we are here to support one another!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #857
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Hi, Newbies and others:

I have joined the forum 5 weeks ago and have been on the plans for that long too.

However, I am embarrassed to say that I am not sure what PM means (is that personal message?) and if so, how do you do that when you want to send a message directly without othes seeing your message. I see other posts when people say PM me, explain what this is and how it works, thanks! (it's funny because I am a computer programmer but am a dum-dum when it comes to "forum-speak"

Please enlighten me! Thanks!

Pre-MWL: -5 loss then Month 1: -23 ~ Month 2: -12.5 ~ Month 3: -12 ~ Month 4: -10.8 ~ Month 5: -10.5 ~ Month 6: -8.2 ~ Month 7: -8.6 ~ Month 8: 4.4 ~~
Total Loss 95 lbs in 8 months ~~
Goodbye 200s!! Whoo! Hoo! Hallelujah! God is great! I am in ONEderland! 10 more pounds to my goal!
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -- Helen Keller
“What I am looking for is not "out there", it is in me” -- Helen Keller
Old 01-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #858
Junior LCF Member

week 1 day 3
I have a question about flavored waters. I bought some eating right flavored waters, no sugar, is that allowed on week 1? I meant to ask on Friday when I went for shot 2 but forgot. I have looked through the paperwork and can't tell. I know the crystal light packets are also recommended but am not sure they are okay on week 1.

Some of the packets for water have aspartme , which I am not fond of, is there another brand or type that uses something other than aspartme? Food hasn't been a problem but getting enough water is, I seem to be a couple glasses short a day. I thought throwing in some variety might be good but want to make sure its allowed. Hot tea has helped too,both with hunger and water intake, since it is so cold in Texas right now. To keep the caffeine down I use one teabag for two cups of tea during the day.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #859
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi Shananagins, Regarding drinking water, I make sure to drink at least 16 ounces of water before my first cup of coffee (usually have only 1-2 daily) and continue to drink plain water throughout the day. I'm on week 2 and limit myself to 1 glass of anything that has aspartame or the like in it. Like you, I also use a tea bag twice and LOVE the Good Earth tea (Original Sweet and Spicey)....it's all natural and so wonderful that I don't need to add anything to it. Trust me, I'm not usually a hot tea drinker and only found out about it a month or so ago. And I know what you mean about it being COLD! On my way to work at 6:30 AM yesterday the bank sign displayed zero degrees! At the end of my 12 hour shift it was 6 degrees. I'm ready for warmer weather!

Debbie
Old 01-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #860
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Hi Shananagins, Regarding drinking water, I make sure to drink at least 16 ounces of water before my first cup of coffee (usually have only 1-2 daily) and continue to drink plain water throughout the day. I'm on week 2 and limit myself to 1 glass of anything that has aspartame or the like in it. Like you, I also use a tea bag twice and LOVE the Good Earth tea (Original Sweet and Spicey)....it's all natural and so wonderful that I don't need to add anything to it. Trust me, I'm not usually a hot tea drinker and only found out about it a month or so ago. And I know what you mean about it being COLD! On my way to work at 6:30 AM yesterday the bank sign displayed zero degrees! At the end of my 12 hour shift it was 6 degrees. I'm ready for warmer weather!

Debbie
Thanks Debbie, I am originally from Kansas City and the weather currently in Texas is sure making me feel like home! I love coffee, but usually have lattes, so have avoided coffee for now so it doesn't trigger that desire. I like tea, but developed a new interest in tea after a trip to Ireland. Irish make delicious tea and while there had that instead of coffee. I have Irish tea at home now, but somehow it just doesn't taste the same!
I am doing fine so far on week 1 day 3, although a little hungrier than normal this morning. I have a project to do today for work, so I think it may be stress hunger. I travel starting tomorrow for the next couple of days so I am trying to get all my ducks in a row to succeed.
Great job on first week loss, keep up the good work!
Shannon
Old 01-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #861
Senior LCF Member

Well, fellow Medi Weight Loss Friends,

I have decided to "own up" to myself regarding my self-image. I created a photo avatar of myself and I posted a "full body" photo of myself in the user profile.
Just thought you would like to see the face behind the name! I cannot wait to place a "thin" me photo, when I reach goal!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #862
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymo View Post
Hi, Newbies and others:

I have joined the forum 5 weeks ago and have been on the plans for that long too.

However, I am embarrassed to say that I am not sure what PM means (is that personal message?) and if so, how do you do that when you want to send a message directly without othes seeing your message. I see other posts when people say PM me, explain what this is and how it works, thanks! (it's funny because I am a computer programmer but am a dum-dum when it comes to "forum-speak"

Please enlighten me! Thanks!
OH, GOLLY! When I was adding my revised avatar, I came across the PM which stands for Private Message. So I answered my own question.

For others who wants to know how to send Private Message to another "poster/friend", click on that person's name/handle at the top in the smaller box on the right (above the avatar/photo). It will say Send A Private Message to (name), select it, it will bring you the message page for you to enter your message. Then to read your inbox messages, you need to go to your User Control Panel (where you set up your stats/avatar, etc., there will be a "new section stating Inbox Messages" and select the message to read it.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #863
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Mary

You probably don't have enough posts yet. I think you need around 100, but not sure about that. Post away!! And welcome to the board. Looks like you are doing great!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #864
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Mary

You probably don't have enough posts yet. I think you need around 100, but not sure about that. Post away!! And welcome to the board. Looks like you are doing great!
Hey, looks like I can post now. I just sent you a PM a few moments ago, maybe it is 25 posts (I got 28 including this one)
Old 01-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #865
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shananagins View Post
week 1 day 3
I have a question about flavored waters. I bought some eating right flavored waters, no sugar, is that allowed on week 1? I meant to ask on Friday when I went for shot 2 but forgot. I have looked through the paperwork and can't tell. I know the crystal light packets are also recommended but am not sure they are okay on week 1.

Some of the packets for water have aspartme , which I am not fond of, is there another brand or type that uses something other than aspartme? Food hasn't been a problem but getting enough water is, I seem to be a couple glasses short a day. I thought throwing in some variety might be good but want to make sure its allowed. Hot tea has helped too,both with hunger and water intake, since it is so cold in Texas right now. To keep the caffeine down I use one teabag for two cups of tea during the day.
I was told the crystal light packets were fine during week 1. They even recommended the crystal light hydration one wh/ has elecrolytes in it. B/c it is so cold you may also enjoy drinking the College Inn low fat Chicken Broth as that would count twd you daily drink oz as well. It would give you a change up over water. Hope this helps, good luck!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #866
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MommybyNate
Stats: 200/200/150
College Inn broth has MSG -- just a warning for anyone who wants to avoid that. Swansons broth (low sodium) is another option. Crystal Light packets are allowed, but they should be limited because they have 10 calories per pack. And yes, you should drink 16 oz of a beverage containing an electrolyte, but it doesn't have to come from crystal light. Smart Water and Powerade Zero are other options.

Everyone keep up the good work!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #867
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnieMae
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommybyNate View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know I have a new favorite treat! Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds (100 calorie pack)! I use them as my one fat for the day -- they taste like dessert! They are a little over the 12 nut or 90 calorie range, but my clinic suggested them and they are delicious! 2 carbs and 3g of protein. I personally think they taste like a crunchy chocolate teddy graham. Yum! Great for a little "dessert".
I found these today at Wal-Mart..they are yummy!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #868
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Target has them in the individual packs as well. That is where I finally found them.

About flavored waters...Safeway makes a sparkling water called CLEAR, zero anything and no sodium either - it does use aspartame. And WalMart has a similar product with zero anything. I have one a day. Lots of flavors too.

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 01-09-2010 at 04:25 PM..
Old 01-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #869
Senior LCF Member

Feel like I have hit a wall

End of day 3 and for some reason the cravings have JUST kicked in. I mean my mouth is literally salivating at the though of carbs & I CANNOT quite thinking about them! I am excited to test my Ketosis tomorrow, I am a little frustrated b/c my clinic suggested using the wishbone spritzers as flavoring so I thought they were fine...after using them to flavor my scallops I looked down & saw it was 2grams of carbs Oh well, a lesson learned the hard way is a lesson soon not forgotten. I am also struggling with headaches for the past 2 days. When will the relief come?

Anyway, sorry to be such a buzz kill, just having a rough evening & wanted to vent. I'll touch base tomorrow & hopefully have some good news about being in Ketosis.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #870
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
End of day 3 and for some reason the cravings have JUST kicked in. I mean my mouth is literally salivating at the though of carbs & I CANNOT quite thinking about them! I am excited to test my Ketosis tomorrow, I am a little frustrated b/c my clinic suggested using the wishbone spritzers as flavoring so I thought they were fine...after using them to flavor my scallops I looked down & saw it was 2grams of carbs Oh well, a lesson learned the hard way is a lesson soon not forgotten. I am also struggling with headaches for the past 2 days. When will the relief come?

Anyway, sorry to be such a buzz kill, just having a rough evening & wanted to vent. I'll touch base tomorrow & hopefully have some good news about being in Ketosis.
I am day three also and I was hungrier than normal, but it seems to have passed. I actually am going to have a relatively big dinner because I am short on calories today. Go figure!
Thanks for all the help on the water question. I went today to get the crystal light hydration and power Zero (glad to hear that is allowed). I looked for College Inn broth but couldn't find that at several stores. I got Pacific brand low sodium which has no sugar. I am putting some chicken tenders in it for a mock soup tonite. I tasted it plain which was fairly bland but added spices to the "soup".
Good luck on your ketosis test tmrw, mine too! I hope the venting helped, I know this first week is rough, but I am anticipating getting into the groove of this program and getting some real results. Relief comes with a smaller size jean for me!
I did have headaches for the 1st two days but some excedrin took care of it.
Hang in there, the prize is worth it!
Closed Thread