Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #781
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
I've completed day 5 and I'm doing good, doing a lot better with the water intake and I made it to the gym. I'm in ketosis, hoary!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #782
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Thanks for your input, Jo. I will really try to stay off of the scale. But can I just say how wonderful it is to finally see it going down? FINALLY!

Good job, Gemini!

I give myself a slap on the hand for not questioning the preparation of the shrimp at the restaurant before I ordered. I was too self-conscious. But judging by the look on our waiter's face as he realized I was scrubbing my shimp dry...

I need to get to the point where I just don't care. To be low maintenance I guess I have to start being a little more high maintenance, KWIM? It's like there is this unspoken rule in my head that the fat girl isn't allowed to be picky or choosy. It's time to challenge and eliminate that rule.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #783
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi Jo....got the message you sent about not weighing daily. And that was a very wise way to discuss not "fudging" on the program. (Hey, there was fudge and peanut brittle around at church today and I had neither...and no cheating today.) Thank you for the frank discussion.

Hi LostenAustin, Determined Gemini, and MommybyNate....I'm so glad you're all in this too! My first official weigh in is tomorrow ay 3pm. Then I'll start adding a little cooked vegetables. I want to go slowly to not trigger food allergies again! I don't plan to start strenuous exercise for another 2 wks. Congratulations to you that are doing so however! I do plan to begin some stretching with a Yoga DVD I bought today. Grad school starts tomorrow...going to start to get hectic again, my work schedule gets more hectic next week also. Gotta stay focused! Planning to roast a turkey breast tomorrow AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 AM   #784
Senior LCF Member

Completed day 6 and I had a brownie! It was a small piece but none the less it was a brownie!
Thanks fit2010, I made sure not to take any meds after 3 yesterday and I got a good night sleep. I didn't want to start a full week with little sleep.
My weigh in is today at 3:30. I've prepared my meals for the whole week and I should be good this week. I need to be stronger and stay DETERMINED!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:25 AM   #785
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnieMae
Monday

Good Morning All! It's a cold morning in Texas. I am starting day 6. I haven't exercized in two day's..so that means I will get thyself to the ladies circuit today and go for my MIC injection....I too have been guilty of peaking at the scale (I'm down 6 lbs. )
I'm not too much for fish w/o tartar sauce, but I had baked tilapia w/low-carb ketchup for dinner last night....it was yummy
Wishing you all a great week!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:31 AM   #786
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dani1428
Hi all--

I've been on the program since the summer, and I'm 10 lbs away from my goal weight! I have a question about Fat Burners and the appetite suppressants.

I love Medi, but it can be super pricey. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a fat burner or appetite suppressant that I can buy for less at Sam's Club or perhaps my local pharmacy?

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:35 AM   #787
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Good Morning and happy New Year to all the newbies! This is a life-changing program but making that change is up to YOU! IF you "cheat" the only person you cheat on is yourself... I say "IF" because many of us who have had success on this program have not cheated or compromised along the way at all! When you succeed, the person who gets the pat on the back is YOU! You can totally do this and it will be awesome and worth every effort

RE: Exercise- your clinic should have told you that exercise during week one (ONLY) is not a great thing. Your calories are so low during that week that you will be very tired and burning more calories with exercise will not be healthy. After week 1, exercise is a necessary and essential part of the program!

RE: Supplements- Dani, if you use the search function at the top of the boards you should find some answers. This has been discussed many times but I don't buy anything outside the clinic so I'm not sure. I think many people buy a FatBurner from WalMart or Costco.

RE: Movies- I LOVE going to the movies with my husband! Once you are through week 1, check out the recipes for "Medi Gummies" in the dessert recipes thread. They ROCK! They are my staple every time my hubby and I go to the movies! I make them a few hours ahead of time, cut them up and put them into a ziploc in my purse. That way I have a "treat" to enjoy! My 2 year old and my husband love them too, so they disappear fast in this house!

Have a great week everyone!

Mommy to THREE sweeties, ages 4(g), 3(g), and 8 months(b)!

Lost 100 pounds on Medi in 2009! Gained it back during bedrest for a high-risk pregnancy Restart: January 2012!!

Week 1: -12.8 pounds
Month 1: -20.6 pounds
Month 2: -16.8 pounds
Old 01-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #788
Senior LCF Member

Mommy-2-girls,
You are absolutely right, we are only cheating ourselves when we do it! I've made the commitment that it will not happen again especially reading all the great results other have had on the program, not to mention the expensive cost!
Thank you
Old 01-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #789
Junior LCF Member

We get to start exercising in Week 2- yay! I was told light to moderate exercise only, so I'm thinking Leslie Sansone DVDs are ok, but my Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred might not be? Anyone know? I hate to call my clinic...again- especially this time of year when the phones were ringing off the hook this morning!

And I'm still eyeing the Team Weight Loss class at Lifetime Fitness. I just don't know if I can handle it yet or if it is legal. The next class starts 1/13 or so, which would be week 3 or maybe 4 for me. I am very, VERY out of shape from my 2 years of drama from my tumor and I want to be strong again so that I can run and play- especially with my 2 year old daughter. She deserves a healthy mommy now.

Is anyone else having trouble getting to 500 calories of protein? I am going to have to be very vigilant about pre-packing and pre-planning this week because I don't want to lose muscle and stall my weight loss and/or get sick. Muscle burns lots of calories I'm not doing it on purpose; I just tend to calculate it all at the end of the day and realize that I'm short. Then I throw an extra EAS shake in there to make up for it. Please be patient with me because this way of eating is still all very new to me!

Last edited by LostinAusten; 01-04-2010 at 08:57 AM..
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hello Austin! I just spotted a problem you may be having and I can resolve it for you instantly.

I just tend to calculate it all at the end of the day and realize that I'm short. Then I throw an extra EAS shake in there to make up for it. Please be patient with me because this way of eating is still all very new to me!

The whole point of journaling is writing it down as you go throughout the day. Everything that goes in your mouth, and I do mean everything. Other than water, nothing is "free", everything counts. By relying on your memory, even if you have a photographic memory, you are more than likely missing things. Really try to write it down as you go, and I think you will be surprised. Also, get yourself an inexpensive food scale. Do not rely on your eyes to tell you how much of something you are preparing. Measure everything, and again I mean everything. I STILL measure everything, even though I am now in maintenance/wellness. I did a little experiment the other day when preparing my lunch. I thought I had three ounces of Boar's Head turkey...then I weighed it...yep..5 ounces. Totally off. And I thought I had such a good handle on it.

Now onward to a couple of other subjects I have been seeing in this thread from many people:

These simple things can make all the difference. The program is designed to help you lose weight. You have to help yourself by doing all the elements of the program.

And I am in total agreement with Jessica's post above. There is no value in "cheating".
Take a good look at the meaning of the word:

Main Entry: cheat
Pronunciation: \ˈchēt\
Function: verb
Etymology: cheat

transitive verb
1 : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
2 : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
3 : to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting

intransitive verb
1 a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly

To the point,-an example: a brownie? Just a bite? A small bite? Really? Is that on the plan?

Again, setting the program principles in place during the first weeks is vitally important to your success. The commitment is everything. This is not an inexpensive program. But the decisions are yours. I have no idea how many times I have said the same thing: this is YOUR life, YOUR health, YOUR decision, YOUR program, YOUR hard earned money. YOU are accountable to yourself and your family, but primarily to YOURSELF. If you cannot commit 100%, then this is not the program for you, and you will not be succsssful. Again, not really trying to be mean or hurtful, however, I have read far too many posts in here where people are veering off the program, not following the program as it is given to them, and then I read..."why am I not losing like I am supposed to be". Grab the reins of your life, and control those things that you can. YOU can control what goes in your mouth. No matter how you justify or rationalize it, YOU are the one who makes the decision as to what and how much and when you eat.

Is it always easy? Most definitely not. But the results are so worthwhile.

Okay, off the soapbox. Time to go out and walk my 4 miles before I clean up and get ready to go to work.

Love to all

Jo
Old 01-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #791
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulesDouce
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/2/10
Hi, I'm New --- and EXCITED!

Hi,

My name is Jules and this is my first week. I am DETERMINED to make this work because my pictures lately have just been depressing and I've recently recovered from a back injury that had me laid up gaining weight. I was told my caloric intake was to be 500-1000/day. Is anyone else having that many calories? 500 seems really low!!!!

Anyway, I'm following it and can't wait to see (and feel) the results. Love this website already and really appreciate all the advice + tips.

HAPPY NEW YEAR & HAPPY, HEALTHY SKINNY WISHES TO YOU ALL!

Jules
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FAT.jpg (39.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #792
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls View Post
Good Morning and happy New Year to all the newbies! This is a life-changing program but making that change is up to YOU! IF you "cheat" the only person you cheat on is yourself... I say "IF" because many of us who have had success on this program have not cheated or compromised along the way at all! When you succeed, the person who gets the pat on the back is YOU! You can totally do this and it will be awesome and worth every effort

RE: Exercise- your clinic should have told you that exercise during week one (ONLY) is not a great thing. Your calories are so low during that week that you will be very tired and burning more calories with exercise will not be healthy. After week 1, exercise is a necessary and essential part of the program!

RE: Supplements- Dani, if you use the search function at the top of the boards you should find some answers. This has been discussed many times but I don't buy anything outside the clinic so I'm not sure. I think many people buy a FatBurner from WalMart or Costco.

RE: Movies- I LOVE going to the movies with my husband! Once you are through week 1, check out the recipes for "Medi Gummies" in the dessert recipes thread. They ROCK! They are my staple every time my hubby and I go to the movies! I make them a few hours ahead of time, cut them up and put them into a ziploc in my purse. That way I have a "treat" to enjoy! My 2 year old and my husband love them too, so they disappear fast in this house!

Have a great week everyone!
NO! they didn't mention not exercising during week one, at my clinic Except for peeking at the scale...and inadvertently drinking twice the recommended electrolyte drink (I re-read my paperwork and caught that yesterday) I have been following the plan. I certainly haven't overdone the exercise, so hopefully it won't affect me too bad.:blush:
Old 01-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #793
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesDouce View Post
Hi,

My name is Jules and this is my first week. I am DETERMINED to make this work because my pictures lately have just been depressing and I've recently recovered from a back injury that had me laid up gaining weight. I was told my caloric intake was to be 500-1000/day. Is anyone else having that many calories? 500 seems really low!!!!

Anyway, I'm following it and can't wait to see (and feel) the results. Love this website already and really appreciate all the advice + tips.

HAPPY NEW YEAR & HAPPY, HEALTHY SKINNY WISHES TO YOU ALL!

Jules
Welcome Jules! Yea my pics are also depressing, these days Yeah...500 calories is low, but with the meds, it's doable....and the results are amazing!!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Annie Mae- It shouldn't hurt you but if you don't take in enough calories (or burn them all off with exercise) your body might go into starvation-mode and stop losing weight. I bet you'll be fine.

Quote:
We get to start exercising in Week 2- yay! I was told light to moderate exercise only, so I'm thinking Leslie Sansone DVDs are ok, but my Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred might not be? Anyone know? I hate to call my clinic...again- especially this time of year when the phones were ringing off the hook this morning!
You absolutely need to start exercising when you finish week 1. There is a Medi Exercisers thread on this board that you can check out. Quite a few of the people on there love Jillian Michaels. You'll want to work with your clinic and let them know what you're doing, because it's important to replace those burned calories (again, the starvation mode thing). For example, I usually have around 900 calories per day (counting my protein and veggies/fruit) and when I do yoga I burn around 400 calories in a 90 minute class. So I make sure to get some extra protein or a snack in to replace those 400 calories and keep my body energized. This is a great way to learn about how to balance your body's needs! I love it!

I had my gallbadder out last Wednesday and I am itching to get back to exercise! I can't believe that but finding some types of exercise that I genuinely enjoy has made such a difference. I'm eager to talk with my surgeon on Wednesday to find out how many more weeks I have to wait!

Gotta get back to work for now, but welcome all!!
Old 01-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #795
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hlkgirl
Stats: 209.6/196.6/150
Start Date: 01/06/2010
I have been agonizing over the reasons I should and should not do this plan. Thank goodness I found this forum. I agree with many of the things that are posted, and disagree as well. I am happy to say that tomorrow I have my initial consult and will go from there. I know it will be a struggle, especially because I am a very picky eater...which will help with the boring part. However, I am not a fan of vegetables at all, so I guess I won't miss them the first week

I look forward to getting to know all of you and need a support system. Again, I'm not certain my husband will be on board with me. But it's my body and he will certainly like the results.

Thanks for listening!

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."
– F. Scott Fitzgerald
Old 01-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #796
Junior LCF Member

Jessica, thank you so much for clarifying that! I'm kind of excited to find that out! I'm off to the exercise board. Welcome newbies!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #797
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laura0126
Stats: 207/179.4/145
Start Date: January 2010
Hi All! I am new here but sooo excited to get started!!! I go on Wed for my 1st to get started. I know I will need lots of support and I am so glad I found this forum!!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #798
Major LCF Poster!

Drummmm Rolllll....Weight is down 8.2 lbs for my first week! Horray!

I have continued to be "good" since my body rebelled the other day after the little wedding day snack. Now I'm wondering too if it is my Metformin messing with me because similiar thing happened yesterday and today without any carbs! So, I'll be making adjustments because Metformin can have GI side effects. Continuing in ketosis.

Going to KS City area shortly to visit my daughter for a couple days, an aerobics instructor. Tonight I'll begin my yoga and tomorrow go to her "butts and guts" class Click on my picture to left and photo of her and I will come up! I haven't told her I've lost weight yet!

I'm so thankful you are all here for frequent checking in....thank you SO much Jo and Jessica for signing in and encouraging us newbies though you've been around in this so long....what a servant heart you have to encourage others who need your expertise!
I've been checking this and the Jumpstart January thread....when do you recommend we limit ourselves...or do we need to bother with that...I mean, writing in so many posts? I apologize that I've been so long winded at times. You are right Jo, it's an investment of our time, money, dedication, and this site just really helps to keep the stick-to-itiveness!

Blessings to all my Medi-Wt-Loss Sisters! We can do this!

Debbie

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-04-2010 at 02:18 PM..
Old 01-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #799
Senior LCF Member

I lost 9 lbs for the 1st week!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your support. I had tears in my eyes when I heard the nurse say 9 lbs.

Congrats Fit2010!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations Determined Gemini!! We are on our way! The journey will be awesome and I'm so glad you're along too
Old 01-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #801
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missyd
Hi All, Congratulations to DETERMINED GEMINI & FIT2010 ,those were great first week losses. You are on your way now and if you can survive week 1 ,you are definitely up for the rest of this journey. This thread is full of a bunch of great ,knowledgeable and helpful people ,take advantage of it & lean on it for support ,it really helps. I wish you both an incredible journey to your healthy new selves. MissyD
Old 01-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #802
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 200/200/135
I'm so dang ready to start...but I started a new job today and have to budget accordingly until I have a full paycheck. I did call today and the lady in the office told me they're having an open house on the 15th. I am definitely going to go so I can meet the doctor.

Congrats to all those who are "losers"!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Congratulations FIT2010 and Determined Gemini! Now you can have vegetables! I suggest you check out the recipe threads and I highly recommend the Oopsie rolls. They are very versitile. The can be used as pancakes, used to make french toast, or as a shortcake when made with sweetner. They can also be made for sandwiches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I just found a great site for Oopsie Roll recipes...

Moved to LivinLaVidaLowCarb.com/Blog: Cleochatra's Amazing Low-Carb 'Oopsie Rolls' Recipe Is To Die For

There are recipes for:

Oopsie French Toast
Oopsie Waffles
Oopsie BLT and Pizzas
Oopsie Gourmet Valentine Pizza
Oopsie Panini
Oopsie Pita with Lamb Gyro with Tzatziki
Chocolate Almond Oopsies
Oopsie Almost Tiramisu
Oopsie Birthday Cake
Oopsie Boston Cream Napoleon
Oopsie Chocolate Eclaire Cake
Oopsie Cream Puffs
Oopsie Pizzelles and Canoli

Check it out!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #804
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Congratulations FIT2010 and Determined Gemini! Now you can have vegetables! I suggest you check out the recipe threads and I highly recommend the Oopsie rolls. They are very versitile. The can be used as pancakes, used to make french toast, or as a shortcake when made with sweetner. They can also be made for sandwiches.
Can we have the oopsie rolls in week 2? Do we get a set amount of carbs we can have? I am looking forward to additions to protein
thanks!!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieMae View Post
Can we have the oopsie rolls in week 2? Do we get a set amount of carbs we can have? I am looking forward to additions to protein
thanks!!
Yes. The oopsie rolls are made with eggs and fat free cream cheese, both legal in week 2. Your clinic should have told you that you can have 2 servings of vegetables or 1 fruit and 1 vegetable in addition to your protein calories. Be careful with fruit though, because it is much higher in carbs and can effect ketosis. And make sure the fruits and vegetables you eat are from the allowable foods list they gave you at the clinic. The list is also posted in the first few pages of this Newbie thread.

Also, journal so that you know if a specific food kicks you out of ketosis. Even though they may be legal, your body might respond differently to them. For me, cauliflower sends me out of ketosis.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:03 AM   #806
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes. The oopsie rolls are made with eggs and fat free cream cheese, both legal in week 2. Your clinic should have told you that you can have 2 servings of vegetables or 1 fruit and 1 vegetable in addition to your protein calories. Be careful with fruit though, because it is much higher in carbs and can effect ketosis. And make sure the fruits and vegetables you eat are from the allowable foods list they gave you at the clinic. The list is also posted in the first few pages of this Newbie thread.

Also, journal so that you know if a specific food kicks you out of ketosis. Even though they may be legal, your body might respond differently to them. For me, cauliflower sends me out of ketosis.
Thanks Susie! I go back to the clinic on Thursday for my first weigh-in. They didn't mention 'no exercise the first week'....so they may fail to mention other things.....so thankful for the folks on this board.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:39 AM   #807
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MommybyNate
Stats: 200/200/150
My clinic actually encouraged exercise this week. She said anything for any amount of time, just try to do it at least 4 days during the week (I was moderately active before). I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes Sunday and did an hour long Zumba class last night. Perhaps that's why I'm so high on the Ketotis scale? I'm NOT dehydrated -- I'm drinking plenty of fluids, so I know that's not the problem -- but maybe the exercise is? I go in for my first weigh in tomorrow, so I guess I'll ask then. I was told to stay within 500-700 calories each day.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:41 AM   #808
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Susie and everyone else for all the tips and support. I will make sure to checkout the oopsie rolls. I must say this has been great and I'm so excited. I'm on my 1st day of week 2.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #809
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommybyNate View Post
My clinic actually encouraged exercise this week. She said anything for any amount of time, just try to do it at least 4 days during the week (I was moderately active before). I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes Sunday and did an hour long Zumba class last night. Perhaps that's why I'm so high on the Ketotis scale? I'm NOT dehydrated -- I'm drinking plenty of fluids, so I know that's not the problem -- but maybe the exercise is? I go in for my first weigh in tomorrow, so I guess I'll ask then. I was told to stay within 500-700 calories each day.
I'm in moderate ketosis...my exercise is not stenuous at all (I'm not in shape enough) I do a 30 min. 3 mph walk on the treadmill or a Curves circuit.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #810
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannoneb1124
WOE: Medi
Start Date: January 4, 2009
Today is day 3 for me and I started checking for ketosis this morning. I think there are trace amounts but it is difficult to tell. How long did it take for you to show up as in ketosis? I hope I am doing everything right -shouldn't I be in ketosis by now or does it take longer for some people?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Closed Thread