Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Great job at staying focus Fit2010! I have to read through the old post to get some recipes to make over the weekend in preparation for next week. Today was a good day but still struggling with the water intake.

We can do this!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hi Determined Gemini,

I made the chicken cordon bleu but did not make the sauce. In order to have it work for week one as closely as possible I took a pound of chicken fillets and used a food mallet on them to make them flat/thin the put a slice of canadian bacon on top and about 3/4 a slice of sargento swiss cheese...put them on the George Foreman til crispy on each side. I then put less than a tablespoon of Paul Newman light honey mustard salad dressing on the plate and dipped the CCB into it by forkfuls. Good/dense/filling!

I haven't tried the BBQ pork chops yet, but I don't like the smell of the sauce just now....the recipe says to cook the pork chops in the sauce and then throw the sauce out. So, we'll see...

I also made diet jello today and ate 1/2 of it about 4pm when I had the munchies. If I'd have had low cal cottage cheese I probably would have added that to the diet jello snack! Keeping it protein but like a treat.

I figured out that my favorite glasses are 12 oz and if I drink 9 of those that would be 126 ounces...so my goal is 5 to 9 glasses a day. Sometimes it's easier to drink faucet water because it's not so cold. I think I've already had 5 today, plus 2 cups of hot herb tea.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #753
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnieMae
First Day Over

Yesterday was my first day...it went fairly well. Heavy TOM, so I couldn't really exercise, which meant the app. suppressant & fat burner made me feel kinda yukky.....also suffering from bad sinus pressure...finally got up at 1:30 a.m. and took Nyquil (it contains corn syrup, so I hope it doesn't affect me too bad) this a.m. I took sudafed instead of the app. suppressant......in a few hours I will take my app supp/fat burner and head to Curves
I can do this! Happy New Year Everybuddy!!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:34 AM   #754
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missyd
Hi Annie Mae, I just wanted to tell you to check with the pharmacist before you mix the appetite suppresant with any cold or sinus meds, could be very dangerous ,I really think its a no-no. Just looking out for you. Good luck with everything! MissyD
Old 12-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #755
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyd View Post
Hi Annie Mae, I just wanted to tell you to check with the pharmacist before you mix the appetite suppresant with any cold or sinus meds, could be very dangerous ,I really think its a no-no. Just looking out for you. Good luck with everything! MissyD
I agree....I took sudafed this a.m. instead of my app suppressant...then last night I waited as long as I could...until 1:30 a.m. to take Nyquil. Thes sinus pressure was too much. Thanks for looking out for me....I need all the help I can get
Old 12-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #756
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MommybyNate
Stats: 200/200/150
I'm on my first day (almost done!) and feel great. No headaches so far, and just mild nausea right after taking the fat burner pill. I wanted to ask about the College Inn broth. I went to buy some today, and while looking @ the nutritional information realized it has MSG. Is there a reason this broth is better than other low sodium broths such as Swansons which has almost identical nutritional info? Just wondering! Thanks.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:17 PM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
We apparently do not have College Inn out here in AZ, so when I purchased some it was the low sodium Swanson Brand...

Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth

Amount Per Serving (serving size) = 1 cup
Calories 15
Total Fat 0g
Sat. Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 570mg
Total Carbs. 1g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 1g
Protein 2g

%Daily Values **
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calicum 0%
Iron 2%

* The nutrition information contained in this list of Nutrition Facts is based on our current data. However, because the data may change from time to time, this information may not always be identical to the nutritional label information of products on shelf.

Still pretty high in the sodium though! Not certain about the MSG, but do not think there is any...just not sure.

Jo
Old 12-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #758
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hlkgirl
Stats: 209.6/196.6/150
Start Date: 01/06/2010
I hope I am doing this right. I am looking into this program and have set my initial consultation for Tuesday. I have read all of this thread and haven't really seen much in the way of how this works with families. I know that my family will not be partaking in this journey with me, possibly healthier, but not hardcore. We are a carb, prepackaged, eat out kind of family and for myself need the drastic change. I also have a 5 and 12 year old. My husband isn't a firm believer in diets and doesn't understand the psychological aspects of eating...any advice? This is completely a 180 from how I normally eat. I do not need moderation of carbs, I need to quit cold turkey. Thanks for listening, I've never posted to a forum like this before and am glad it's out there. I am in the Wichita, KS area. Heather
Old 01-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkgirl View Post
I hope I am doing this right. I am looking into this program and have set my initial consultation for Tuesday. I have read all of this thread and haven't really seen much in the way of how this works with families. I know that my family will not be partaking in this journey with me, possibly healthier, but not hardcore. We are a carb, prepackaged, eat out kind of family and for myself need the drastic change. I also have a 5 and 12 year old. My husband isn't a firm believer in diets and doesn't understand the psychological aspects of eating...any advice? This is completely a 180 from how I normally eat. I do not need moderation of carbs, I need to quit cold turkey. Thanks for listening, I've never posted to a forum like this before and am glad it's out there. I am in the Wichita, KS area. Heather
Well, I have 19 year old daughter. We ALWAYS went out to eat! When I decided to go on Medi-fast, I sat down with her and said, things are going to change.

I told her I have to do this program, or else as I want to take care of me! I told her there was going to be NO MORE going out to eat everyday! I also told her there will be less spending money for her as I have to pay for this program but it had to be DONE!

She at first was aloof and upset about it! I told her that I was going to fix the food, and if she wants to eat the same thing, fine. However, she is a vegetarian!! a big no-no for the MWL program. She decided to make her own food, or she will starve. She learned to adapt, I give her praise by going out to eat maybe once a week so she knows things are good, but we are more particular about choosing the right restaurants that will fit my WOE (way of eating) and her vegetarian choices.

She evens helped me after I shop with preparing the food, instead of our "mother/daughter chat time" in the restaurants..we do it when I am preparing the food for the week, she helps me bag the foods, etc. So it is has been good so far. Another thing which is good is next year, she will be away in college and this is a good practice for her to cook for herself when she lives away from home.

It is working out very well, and for Christmas...she gave me an American Express Card and said this is for MY "new clothes" that I will need after I lose the weight. She is proud of me and supports me. This is also the same thing with exercising, she may want my undivided time, but I may tell her to wait as I have go and exercise as it is important for me. It was different for her, I have learned to "take care of me", it is very empowering and she has given me the respect that I have not had in many, many years. I am divorced, but I think this will apply to your husband, too. Stay firm, and say you want to be healthy and look good for him and the children, too.

So your husband and kids, will learn. It may be rough, but in time they will adapt!

Stay strong!! and good luck!

Pre-MWL: -5 loss then Month 1: -23 ~ Month 2: -12.5 ~ Month 3: -12 ~ Month 4: -10.8 ~ Month 5: -10.5 ~ Month 6: -8.2 ~ Month 7: -8.6 ~ Month 8: 4.4 ~~
Total Loss 95 lbs in 8 months ~~
Goodbye 200s!! Whoo! Hoo! Hallelujah! God is great! I am in ONEderland! 10 more pounds to my goal!
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -- Helen Keller
“What I am looking for is not "out there", it is in me” -- Helen Keller
Old 01-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymo View Post
Well, I have 19 year old daughter. We ALWAYS went out to eat! When I decided to go on Medi-fast, I sat down with her and said, things are going to change.

I told her I have to do this program, or else as I want to take care of me! I told her there was going to be NO MORE going out to eat everyday! I also told her there will be less spending money for her as I have to pay for this program but it had to be DONE!

She at first was aloof and upset about it! I told her that I was going to fix the food, and if she wants to eat the same thing, fine. However, she is a vegetarian!! a big no-no for the MWL program. She decided to make her own food, or she will starve. She learned to adapt, I give her praise by going out to eat maybe once a week so she knows things are good, but we are more particular about choosing the right restaurants that will fit my WOE (way of eating) and her vegetarian choices.

She evens helped me after I shop with preparing the food, instead of our "mother/daughter chat time" in the restaurants..we do it when I am preparing the food for the week, she helps me bag the foods, etc. So it is has been good so far. Another thing which is good is next year, she will be away in college and this is a good practice for her to cook for herself when she lives away from home.

It is working out very well, and for Christmas...she gave me an American Express Card and said this is for MY "new clothes" that I will need after I lose the weight. She is proud of me and supports me. This is also the same thing with exercising, she may want my undivided time, but I may tell her to wait as I have go and exercise as it is important for me. It was different for her, I have learned to "take care of me", it is very empowering and she has given me the respect that I have not had in many, many years. I am divorced, but I think this will apply to your husband, too. Stay firm, and say you want to be healthy and look good for him and the children, too.

So your husband and kids, will learn. It may be rough, but in time they will adapt!

Stay strong!! and good luck!
Oops, in the first sentence I mean Medi-Weight Loss (not Medi-fast, I did that years ago and it did not workfor me)
Old 01-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #761
Junior LCF Member

movie

Going to the movies today. (Avatar in 3D) I will be satisfied with a Diet Drink.....no buttered popcorn! Happy New Year Everyone....we can do this!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #762
Junior LCF Member

Mary, thank you for sharing your experience. I keep going back and forth about this decision, I am not certain I will be successful. I want to be confident that I can give 100%, but I feel I am out of options. I need to do something drastic, as other things I am trying aren't working. Wish me luck!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #763
Senior LCF Member

Hi hlkgirl,
You can do this! I feel your pain as I'm sure many of use have been there. Trying so many things and nothing working. I've completed 3 days and it's been really good. I haven't had any headaches nor am I hungry. I do feel a little nauseous after taking the meds but it goes away quickly. The only thing I'm having a hard time with is drinking water.

Hope everyone had a great new year's!
Old 01-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkgirl View Post
~Heather~Just a quick note for you. The best inspiration in the whole world is right there in Wichita for you to learn from. Jerry, who is in Wichita, has lost well over 250 pounds....look for his posts in the monthly thread. He has the first post in our January thread. Read his blog. He has a family and has worked the program to a T.

I live alone, but work in an industry, travel, where food is everywhere. You know, it does not really matter whether you are alone or in a big family, YOU are the one that makes the program work. YOU make the commitment. Support is great if you have it around you, but if not, make this forum your friend, and the clinic is there to help you all the way.

Jessica, in this forum as well, has two small children and you can see from her pictures how well she has worked the program. Another thing that will help you will be posting your stats in your profile. Your current weight, where you are...and are progressing...and your goal weight. This is the first thing you need to face...where you are today...and where you want to go.

I can tell you, it was a true epiphany for me. To say it has been an easy journey would not be truthful. It HAS been difficult at times, and hard to make myself get out and walk and exercise. Even now in maintenance, I sometimes have to push myself out that door...and I KNOW it is good for me..so once I am out the door...wow..the walk is easy! There were a lot of walkers out there this morning...New Years resolutions I will bet...it will be interesting to see how many there are in a couple of weeks....there is a regular "group" of us that greet each other every morning...about 15 of us...there were at least double that number this morning. My point? COMMITMENT!!! 100% commitment...unwavering commitment...from YOU...no one else can do this for you. No one.

to the group! And I wish you every success in your journey.

Jo
Old 01-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #765
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ItsMeJen
Stats: 165/165/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 12/28/09
Wrapping up Day 5

It has been a tough week. I had a headache for 3 days, but yesterday things seemed a bit better. Today I got so much done around the house, seemed like my energy was endless!! I will be glad when week 2 arrives so I can have some vegetables.

I am looking forward to my appointment next week to see how much I lost week 1.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #766
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for your support. I will post my stats once I have my first appt. I am around 210-215, and would like to be around 150. I understand about changing my mindset. I hate walking, but we have a great neighborhood for it. And it would nice to do with the kids during the spring and summer. I don't even walk to my car in the winter...brrrr! We have a Y membership, which I love. I will be in touch! Heather
Old 01-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #767
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Hi Heather,
I am the one Jo was referring to and I have 2 little ones, ages 2 1/2 and 14 months! This WOE is completely do-able with a family. I find that I make the same protein for everyone, then often make an additional "starchy" side for the kids and hubby that I do not eat. That has never been a problem for me. The times of temptation for me are more like late-nights when I want to snack, etc. But in terms of my family, this has been easy-peasy. I am a WAHM so I am with my kids for all 3 meals some days. As you get further into the program I'd be happy to share some ideas with you!

I have to be honest, I have always HATED exercise. I mean, HATE. But once I started seeing results with this plan it motivated me to get moving. I tried a lot of things and found that I love my Wii, and I also LOVE going to Yoga classes. I tried many other forms of exercise and I don't mind walking but I really love those other things. I encourage you to try lots of different things, don't think that it has to be walking! I found a yoga studio in my area that offers a free "community" class every weekend and by attending that I have kept my costs down.

Hope that helps! One of the biggest things that motivates me is my girls. I need to set a better, healthy example for them. My 2 1/2 year old now knows what it means when I say that "mommy is going to exercise class'! That would have been a foreign language for her before

Best of luck!!

Mommy to THREE sweeties, ages 4(g), 3(g), and 8 months(b)!

Lost 100 pounds on Medi in 2009! Gained it back during bedrest for a high-risk pregnancy Restart: January 2012!!

Week 1: -12.8 pounds
Month 1: -20.6 pounds
Month 2: -16.8 pounds
Old 01-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #768
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeJen View Post
It has been a tough week. I had a headache for 3 days, but yesterday things seemed a bit better. Today I got so much done around the house, seemed like my energy was endless!! I will be glad when week 2 arrives so I can have some vegetables.

I am looking forward to my appointment next week to see how much I lost week 1.
Yea! I never thought I would be looking forward to vegetables!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #769
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! I started this program on Monday and by today I was down 6 1/2 lbs and had a wedding to go to at 2pm. I promised myself no cake and no punch; so that wasn't even an option at the reception. Just before I left I ate 2 oz of the BBQ pork chop I'd prepared the other day (not bad once the sauce was off, nice and tender!) so I wouldn't be so hungry, and took a appetite suppressant (the Rx from MediWtLoss). I selected one stick of celery with a little dip, a couple small slices of hard cheese and summer sausage, 4 meatballs with BBQ sauce (so yummy), less than 2 TB of mixed nuts and was to be just fine....til someone mentioned the chocolate fountain! I had two little marischino cherries and a 1" X 1 1/2" pc of rice crispy treat dipped in the fountain. I felt ok with my choice, knew I'd cheated, but thought all was ok. Remember in my initial post I also said I'd had the tendency toward the candida overgrowth that makes you crave carbs? Well, because of the "die off" of the candida for the previous 5 days being on pure protein about 2 1/2 hours later my body rebeled!! Thankfully I was home by then! (diarrhea...sorry to say). So, I think I have taught myself a big lesson! I think I may have also discovered that I have a food allergy too....I'd wondered previously about corn (and there is corn syrup in the cherries, choc, and BBQ sauce). So, I took 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (yuk!) to kill off what I think was trying to rebuild within my gut/intestines.

Has anyone else experienced this (food allergies?/candida?) after reexposure to carbs after a protein fast? Think I'll stick with the plan from here on out! (Besides, I lost 6 1/2 lbs so far!)
Old 01-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #770
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 200/200/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I am really excited to start this program...unfortunately I have to wait until I start my new job so I can afford it. I check in often here...I really love this site!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #771
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Hi everyone! I started this program on Monday and by today I was down 6 1/2 lbs and had a wedding to go to at 2pm. I promised myself no cake and no punch; so that wasn't even an option at the reception. Just before I left I ate 2 oz of the BBQ pork chop I'd prepared the other day (not bad once the sauce was off, nice and tender!) so I wouldn't be so hungry, and took a appetite suppressant (the Rx from MediWtLoss). I selected one stick of celery with a little dip, a couple small slices of hard cheese and summer sausage, 4 meatballs with BBQ sauce (so yummy), less than 2 TB of mixed nuts and was to be just fine....til someone mentioned the chocolate fountain! I had two little marischino cherries and a 1" X 1 1/2" pc of rice crispy treat dipped in the fountain. I felt ok with my choice, knew I'd cheated, but thought all was ok. Remember in my initial post I also said I'd had the tendency toward the candida overgrowth that makes you crave carbs? Well, because of the "die off" of the candida for the previous 5 days being on pure protein about 2 1/2 hours later my body rebeled!! Thankfully I was home by then! (diarrhea...sorry to say). So, I think I have taught myself a big lesson! I think I may have also discovered that I have a food allergy too....I'd wondered previously about corn (and there is corn syrup in the cherries, choc, and BBQ sauce). So, I took 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (yuk!) to kill off what I think was trying to rebuild within my gut/intestines.

Has anyone else experienced this (food allergies?/candida?) after reexposure to carbs after a protein fast? Think I'll stick with the plan from here on out! (Besides, I lost 6 1/2 lbs so far!)
I hope I'm "replying" right. Nice to meet you, I also am in Kansas. I have no clue what is in store for me, thank goodness for this forum. Good luck with finding your balance.

Heather
Old 01-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #772
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls View Post
Hi Heather,
I am the one Jo was referring to and I have 2 little ones, ages 2 1/2 and 14 months! This WOE is completely do-able with a family. I find that I make the same protein for everyone, then often make an additional "starchy" side for the kids and hubby that I do not eat. That has never been a problem for me. The times of temptation for me are more like late-nights when I want to snack, etc. But in terms of my family, this has been easy-peasy. I am a WAHM so I am with my kids for all 3 meals some days. As you get further into the program I'd be happy to share some ideas with you!

I have to be honest, I have always HATED exercise. I mean, HATE. But once I started seeing results with this plan it motivated me to get moving. I tried a lot of things and found that I love my Wii, and I also LOVE going to Yoga classes. I tried many other forms of exercise and I don't mind walking but I really love those other things. I encourage you to try lots of different things, don't think that it has to be walking! I found a yoga studio in my area that offers a free "community" class every weekend and by attending that I have kept my costs down.

Hope that helps! One of the biggest things that motivates me is my girls. I need to set a better, healthy example for them. My 2 1/2 year old now knows what it means when I say that "mommy is going to exercise class'! That would have been a foreign language for her before

Best of luck!!
I love to exercise, but I do find it's hard to eat right and exercise all at once. I like strength training and weights. I'm hoping that this program helps because I know in the future I am prone to diabetes, and hopefully the low/no carbs will help me prevent it. Not to mention the 75+ lbs

I just hope my hubby will be on board, and realize I am a grown up capable of making my own decisions, even if he doesn't agree! I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Heather
Old 01-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Heather, I go to the same clinic as you....welcome to the group! Dr C. is wonderful! I too have prediabetes and adult onset diabetes has affected my parents and all grandparents. I'm doomed to it unless I make a change. So this HAS to be a way of life for me that I can live with and be healthy. It's going to happen! I want you to stick with staying healthy too! Be determined that you are worth the research, the preparation, the dedication, and the investment. My pitfall in the past has been not preparing foods ahead of time but I plan on a change... and the accountability in this site is absolutely wonderful! Last night I was looking through recipes on MWL thread here and now really look forward to having meals that will be delicious and nutritious. I'm just making this different from previous Atkins attempts because I'm also working to find out what causes me to have bloating/indigestion/etc when I eat certain foods... I've just ignored those symptoms in the past and really is the candida stuff from use of so many previous antibiotics for sinus infections and prednisone killing off my body's "normal flora". Candida stuff makes you crave carbs. And so does prediabetes/insulin resistence. Well, I want my body back!! The real me is hidden under 60 lbs of unnecessary body fat and this I want gone! I need to love myself enough to take care of my body

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-01-2010 at 08:57 PM..
Old 01-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #774
Senior LCF Member

Hi Fit2010,
Congrats! Wow 6 1/2 lbs so far is great! I haven't weight myself and after yesterday I don't I want to.

I completed day 4, did very good with breakfast and lunch but cheated for dinner. I had a small portion of beans with 2 flour tortilla! Since it was day 4, I did the ketosis test and I'm not in ketosis I guess it's because of what I ate. I don't feel bad because I didn't sit down with a huge plate but I know it was wrong. I did much better with the water intake as well. No headaches just a little nauseous after taking the meds. No more cheating from here on out!!!

The only side affect for me the last 2 days have been insomnia. Anyone else having problems sleeping???
Old 01-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Determined Gemini,
I was in ketosis this am...I'm thankful! I don't take the meds after 3pm because I know it could keep me awake, especially as someone mentioned how it may be similar to or affect sudafed...which keeps me awake if I take it past 1pm! I haven't really needed to take but one Rx (med) a day or so...probably because I've been off work the past few days and just not around the emotional temptation and able to plan meals better at home. You might try limiting yourself to meds earlier in the day but plan on really drinking your water by 8pm so you're not up all night either! Good luck!

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-02-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Old 01-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #776
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Started the program officially, yesterday. The day went very well. Not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Especially since we were displaced from our home and staying in a hotel due to a water issue. I grabbed all that I could from home and brought it with me. I will admit that it was hard when I picked up take out food from our favorite restaurant and watched the kids eat. I'm happy to report that I did not cheat at all!!!! Water was an issue, not the drinking of it, but the bathroom trips because of it, lol !!

Looking forward to the new year and all of the good things it will bring. Peace to all.

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Old 01-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #777
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MommybyNate
Stats: 200/200/150
Day 4 today -- tested for Ketosis and was in =) Weighed myself (i know, i know) and am down 4 lbs. Definitely not as hard as I thought it would be -- just a little bit boring! Looking forward to a little more variety next week!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #778
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
I am down to 180 this morning and can't believe it! Yesterday I went out for a date day with my husband and went out to lunch with him and then a movie. I ordered a shrimp cocktail thinking that I would just be able to eat the shrimp, but when it arrived the shrimp were smothered in sauce! So I discreetly wiped a couple of shrimp off with a napkin as much as I could. Then we went to a movie and I snuggled with my husband and a diet soda- NOT a huge popcorn. I felt such a rush during the movie- like I had just won a huge prize or something.

I went to the gym last night and walked on the treadmill until I had burned over 100 calories- just in case any cocktail sauce would sabotage me. I don't know how long they will give me the RX to help with hunger, so I feel like it is up to me to make disciplining MYSELF a habit. I have to teach my stomach to be satisfied with less food. The clinic will eventually cut off the RX and/or it will stop working as well. I'm trying not to lean on it very much, as it is only supposed to be a tool. I have to start walking this path on my own, even if I did need some help getting started!

My clinic includes a second B12 shot for free during the week and I think I'm going to take advantage of that this week.

Last edited by LostinAusten; 01-03-2010 at 09:57 AM..
Old 01-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #779
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
I wanted to add that I'm really proud of all of my fellow newbies. This is not an easy journey and I have great respect for all of the people that have decided to yank back control of their lives this year!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

Just a quick note about weighing yourself every day. Really not a good idea. Weight fluctuates for many reasons from day to day and can be very very frustrating.This is only one of the reasons why the clinics discourage the practice. Your clinic weigh in weight is your "official" weight, not the one on your personal scale.

And also, I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to stay on plan, whether at home or away. I applaud those of you who are doing exactly that. You will be very successful. Variations on a theme during the first few weeks is really making it more difficult for yourself in the long run. You are establishing the parameters of the plan for yourself in these first few weeks, and adhering to plan as given to you is especially important. Not trying to be a downer here, but speaking for myself, staying on plan 100%throughout the acute phase helped me be successful. Choosing to follow the plan as it is given to you is why you joined the program in the first place, or should be. If you are looking for "loopholes" or making exceptions for yourself and justifying them as well....that is not a good way to start. Sorry, but the truth is the truth.

Jo
Closed Thread