Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls View Post
Jessie, I was told that Spaghetti Squash is off-limits because it's a winter squash, which we are supposed to avoid due to their high sugar and starch content. Is this a recipe from your clinic? I know sometimes advice varies.
Jessica,

I am the one who told you that based on the materials they gave me at the start. Winter squash, which sadly includes spaghetti squash, is not in the allowable vegetables list. Bummer I know. For me I hated that we could not have butternut squash... I love butternut squash soup.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #722
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Susie- Yup, I remember Just wanted to help a newbie out since she posted a spaghetti squash recipe!
Old 12-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #723
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ItsMeJen
Stats: 165/165/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 12/28/09
Starting on Monday

I have my first appointment on Monday 12/28/09 and I am really excited. My daughter and I are going together. I have to say she is being negative already, talking about starving and sacrifice, which makes me sad. I am paying for the both of us because I want to be healthier and want to help her as well.

I know it will be hard, but I am ready!!

Jen
Old 12-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #724
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnieMae
First Appointment

My first appointment will be on Tues. Dec. 29th. I feel like this is my "last chance" I need the one-on-one accountability that the clinic will provide. Looking forward to a friendship with all of you. Happy New Year!!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeJen View Post
I have my first appointment on Monday 12/28/09 and I am really excited. My daughter and I are going together. I have to say she is being negative already, talking about starving and sacrifice, which makes me sad. I am paying for the both of us because I want to be healthier and want to help her as well.

Jen
WELCOME TO BOTH ItsMeJen AND AnnieMae!!!

I am just ending my fourth week and will go for my weigh-in on Tuesday.

To Jen...tell your daughter, yes, it will be a sacrifice for awhile but in the long run, it will be a good thing. This program teaches me about journaling, preparing food a few days before, drink more water, and portion control.

The first few days will be hard, remember to use College Inn Broth, and spoonfuls of cottage cheese, that was got me through the hunger hour or two before dinner time. Read through of all of the tips in the Newbies forum.

Good luck!

Pre-MWL: -5 loss then Month 1: -23 ~ Month 2: -12.5 ~ Month 3: -12 ~ Month 4: -10.8 ~ Month 5: -10.5 ~ Month 6: -8.2 ~ Month 7: -8.6 ~ Month 8: 4.4 ~~
Total Loss 95 lbs in 8 months ~~
Goodbye 200s!! Whoo! Hoo! Hallelujah! God is great! I am in ONEderland! 10 more pounds to my goal!
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -- Helen Keller
“What I am looking for is not "out there", it is in me” -- Helen Keller
Old 12-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #726
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ItsMeJen
Stats: 165/165/125
Start Date: 12/28/09
Thank You Mary, This forum is really helpful!!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #727
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the Welcome! I put College Inn Broth and cottage cheese on my shopping list. I just got back from the store and bought several bags of fish and some turkey bacon.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #728
CGT
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CGT
Stats: 189/151/140
Start Date: August 25, 2009
30 pounds down!

I am very happy after losing 30 pounds in four months. It has never being easy for me to lose weight. It is also not a fast process. I must say that I like the steadiness of the Medi Weight Loss diet. Im my case it has given me time to ajust to my weight loss. I am confortably fitting in my old size twelve clothes. 18 pounds to goal. Thanks for the support.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #729
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGT View Post
I am very happy after losing 30 pounds in four months. It has never being easy for me to lose weight. It is also not a fast process. I must say that I like the steadiness of the Medi Weight Loss diet. Im my case it has given me time to ajust to my weight loss. I am confortably fitting in my old size twelve clothes. 18 pounds to goal. Thanks for the support.
Way to go!! You give me hope
Old 12-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #730
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yogama
Stats: 288/278/160
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 12/19/09
I am new and having to do this on my own. Unfortunately I cant afford to go to the clinics. My question is where do you get College Inn Broth? I have looked in all the grocery stores around here but cant seem to find it.

Also, I looked on their website and the broth that is low fat low sodium is still something like 435g of sodium per cup. I thought I read somewhere on here that its much lower than that?? So Im a bit confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #731
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MommybyNate
Stats: 200/200/150
Yogama, I haven't even started the program yet, so perhaps I'm off base here, but I really don't think it is safe for you to do this program w/o medical supervision. Cutting calories as drastically as MWL suggests should be monitored by a medical professional. I don't think this particular program can be done "on its own" because of the appetite suppressants and vitamin injections. Have you discussed starting a program like this with your personal doctor? If cost is an issue, maybe you should try following a program like Atkins? As I said, maybe I'm completely off base here and it can be done w/o going to the clinic... I just don't want you to hurt yourself!

Also, in regard to the College Inn Broth, it's available at all of our grocery stores here in NC. I have never looked at the nutritional info, so I can't comment on the sodium content, but I do recall seeing the boxes in the soup isle. Maybe ask someone @ your supermarket.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 AM   #732
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogama View Post
I am new and having to do this on my own. Unfortunately I cant afford to go to the clinics. My question is where do you get College Inn Broth? I have looked in all the grocery stores around here but cant seem to find it.

Also, I looked on their website and the broth that is low fat low sodium is still something like 435g of sodium per cup. I thought I read somewhere on here that its much lower than that?? So Im a bit confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It should be in the soup aisle. Usually next to Swanson's broth soup... Swanson's has more sodium/calories, I think. That is why they suggested College Inn Broth soup.
I read on the internet that they just had a minor recall on mislabeling on the "canned" soup as it did have wheat and MSG for those cans. Some stores pulled the canned type of product. I bought the "boxed" type.

The stores I see in Texas that seems to have College Inn is Giant. I am from Florida so we have different grocery stores than the one in Texas.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #733
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeJen View Post

Jen
Do tell Jen! How did your first appt. go? Mine is tomorrow...expecting really harsh weather in the a.m.....but I will crawl to my appt. if need be
Old 12-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 38:5'5 256.6/228.4/125
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 12/29/09 RI 12/10/10 RII 06/01/11 RIII10/08/12
Hi AnnieMae,
Good luck tomorrow! My initial consultation is today at 4:PM and I'm very nervous and excited. I'm so trilled I found this site, it's been very helpful. I will post my stats when I get them later today and blog my progress weekly. I've been working out 6x at the gym for 2 hours and meeting with a personal trainer once a week but I haven't changed my eating habits and seen very little results. I know the reason is my eating habits and that's why I've decided to start this. I must admit the price is very costly for me a the moment but I have to do this. While at the gym last week I saw my neighbor's ex-wife who looks great and lost a lot of weight. I asked him how and he told me about the Medi clinics. He highly recommends it because his ex-wife and her friends lost a lot of weight on it. I'm hopeful it will work for me too.

Last edited by Determined Gemini; 12-28-2009 at 09:49 AM..
Old 12-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #735
Senior LCF Member

Hi AnnieMae,
Good luck tomorrow! My initial consultation is today at 4:PM and I'm very nervous and excited. I'm so trilled I found this site, it's been very helpful. I will post my stats when I get them later today and blog my progress weekly. I've been working out 6x at the gym for 2 hours and meeting with a personal trainer once a week but I haven't changed my eating habits and seen very little results. I know the reason is my eating habits and that's why I've decided to start this. I must admit the price is very costly for me a the moment but I have to do this. While at the gym last week I saw my neighbor's ex-wife who looks great and lost a lot of weight. I asked him how and he told me about the Medi clinics. He highly recommends it because his ex-wife and her friends lost a lot of weight on it. I'm hopeful it will work for me too.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #736
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: leslee249
Stats: 191/170/155
Start Date: 1/6/09
Hi all. A friend told me about MWL, and in researching it I found this amazing board, read every post in this thread plus lots of older threads and am taking the plunge with my first visit later this week.

I'm a little nervous about week one, but I've copied Susie's post on week one and have created a shopping list and made notes on all of your tips for getting through the first week and beyond. I am committed to making this work. Thanks to all of you for being so forthcoming with your information.

Also, if anyone has worked with the Wakefield, MA center, I'd love your input about what to expect there.

Leslee
Old 12-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I'm a Newbie here. I was diagnosed with Candida over 10 years ago and did well with change of diet (Adkins-like) but then went back to old habits and suffer again from epigastric bloating/reflux/etc that I know is due to sensitivity to corn/wheat/etc. Why do we do this to ourselves? Plus I've gained weight going through early menopause and stress of being in grad school and working full-time! I have a week break before classes start again and have been reading the LCF site for the past 24 hours since I stumbled upon it. Just a year ago I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and have been started on Metformin. I've been to MediWeightLoss clinic and would like to be down by 50 to 60 lbs before September 2010 when I plan to do a 5K run at Race for the Cure, my 3rd year as a survivor (praise the Lord!) So, thank you for all these posts and I'm looking forward to accountability to reach my health/weight/and fitness goals for 2010!!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #738
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missyd
Hello Leslee249, Dont be apprehensive about this program ,it really works. I will not lie to you about the first week,its hell but its only 7 days and you definitely can do it. Expect a slight headache during the first few days from carb withdrawel,a little light headedness and maybe a little nauseaus feeling, there all pretty standard symptoms & they do pass,
I found that powerade zero really helped with all of that. On a better note you can also expect a good loss and much more energy than before you started. Stick with it ,the results are definitely worth it . Good Luck!!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #739
Senior LCF Member

I just got home from my initial consultation. I'm going to the Randolph, NJ office and the staff were all very nice and supportive. Again the cost is a lot for me at this time but I'm willing to make some sacrifices. The initial consultation is $268.00 which included urine test, blood test, EKG, vitals, body analysis for weight, body fat and water and 2 shots. 1 shot in the arm and the other in the behind (which hurt so much!) I also got my started kit which includes a journal, sample shakes, sample protein bar, ketone test strips, vitamins, pill case, water bottle and prescription appetite suppressant. They gave me a lot of information which I'm reading through now.

I start the diet tomorrow and as of today here are my stats:
weight:256.6
BMI:42.7
FM:127.01
TBW:94.81

Feeling a little overwhelm with all the information but hoping to get through it.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #740
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determined Gemini View Post
I just got home from my initial consultation. I'm going to the Randolph, NJ office and the staff were all very nice and supportive. Again the cost is a lot for me at this time but I'm willing to make some sacrifices. The initial consultation is $268.00 which included urine test, blood test, EKG, vitals, body analysis for weight, body fat and water and 2 shots. 1 shot in the arm and the other in the behind (which hurt so much!) I also got my started kit which includes a journal, sample shakes, sample protein bar, ketone test strips, vitamins, pill case, water bottle and prescription appetite suppressant. They gave me a lot of information which I'm reading through now.

Feeling a little overwhelm with all the information but hoping to get through it.
Thanks for the heads up.....my appt is at 9:45 in the a.m......
Old 12-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Determined Gemini, You will not be in this alone. In my appointment today to get restarted on weight loss here are my stats:

Wt: 190.0
BMI: 32.6
Fat %: 44.7 %
FM: 85.0
TBW 77.0

Let's commit to posting this info at least once a month so we can stay on track. Okay? WE CAN DO THIS!

I did my shopping today but cannot do the cooking prep until Wednesday, so will do simple things tomorrow. A big thing for me is getting in enough water. I might try exercising a couple times a week but I'm not to go stress about the exercise til I get into week 3 or so.

Anyone have any other tips?!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #742
Senior LCF Member

Hi Fit2010,
Thank you for the support, I will definitely post my progress!
I also went shopping last night with both the list posted here by SDC2 and the one I got from the clinic. What I need to buy is a scale to weigh my portions.
Got up early this morning to prep the food for the entire day. I selected the meals from the sample ones they gave me.
What I found difficult was taking all the vitamin pills and drinking water so early. And I'm still having problems drinking water since I normally don't in the morning. The clinic told me I need to drink 64 - 128 ounces of water and out of that at least 32 ounces of a drink with electrolytes. But I want to drink that after my workouts.
I'm not concern with the exercise since I'm working with a personal trainer for a month now.
Good luck and keep me posted
Old 12-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #743
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:

I go to the same clinic!! Welcome. I've been very successful so far and everyone here and at the clinic are awesome!!!

Good luck!!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #744
Major LCF Poster!

I'm very excited about making the decision and following through on the plan that will lead me to reach my goal to be Fit in 2010! Originally I planned to "submit to diet again" on Jan 5th when an incentive thing will start at work, however, I got a Christmas letter from a friend I know who has lost 60 lbs with MediWeightLoss over the past 4 months, reaching size 10! I was inspired, encouraged, and after looking online here determined I had to start that very day! I got into MediWeightLoss and just finished my second day. I thank this site for the inspiration and great recipes! It's gonna happen...I plan to be a success story too! Woo Hooo!

I've been taking extra vitamins for over a year (a stress vit B, Fish Oil and Flax seed mix, and a multivit; know I need to get back to my daily calcium also). It's almost like a "breakfast of pills!" I don't let myself have anything to drink first AM til I have my prescriptions and vitamins right there ready to take...and I'm dependent on at least one cup of coffee daily so it's not a problem to get! I just really think these vitamins are important and I have seen them make a big difference in lowering my triglycerides and raising my good cholestrol in combination with my Lipitor. You eventually get used to the meds. I hope to lose my 50 lbs and eventually stop taking some of my meds...but for now I know I need them.

As far as water goes, what has worked for me in the past is to drink an entire glass of water before I eat.

Last edited by Fit2010; 12-29-2009 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: to answer Gemini's questions
Old 12-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #745
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi AnnieMae,
WELCOME to Determined Gemini and FIT2010!!

I have been on the plan for one month today. I weighed in and lost another 3 lbs for a total loss of 23 lbs. (Remember, I am much heavier when I started the program so it drops off faster, I think)

Meanwhile, I just wanted to comment on the water. Believe me - I hate water!! I was never did like soda, but I was a real "sweet tea" really big in the South and hot tea drinker.

For the whole month, I had only water, just once I had unsweet tea with Splenda and hot tea. I noticed that the "tea" seems to be a trigger point to make me hungry.

About the water intake, how I resolved this - was to drink the 16 oz smart water first thing in the morning with my pills. Then at breakfast, I start another 16 oz of water, take it with me on my drive to work. 2 down the hatch. Then I drink two more at work during the day before I go home and then I have a fifth 16 oz during dinner and evening. That takes care of 80 oz in the day, if I go on a walk, I will drink one before I start my walk so I am not dehydrated...then that is 96 oz. I started slowing, by adding one more to each day, and then now I am drinking 5 to 6 a day and that is enough for me. Now for weekends, that is an issue. I am working on that habit.

I find the key to this diet is to learn to weigh the food, preparation is the key, and also look for "trigger foods" and to stay away from them. I had one chocolate truffle for Christmas and that drove me up the wall. So chocolate is another one.

Sorry this went long, but good luck to all you Newbies!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:24 AM   #746
Senior LCF Member

Again thank you all for your support.
I've completed my first day and I'm excited to say it was not bad at all. The toughest part was drinking the water. I didn't have a headache nor felt hungry. At first I was concerned that the low calorie intake would hinder my performance at the gym but it didn't.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:44 AM   #747
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LostinAusten
Stats: 187.5/158/130
WOE: 1st MWL, now HCG
Start Date: 12/29/09
Second day here. Wow- between the vitamins, medication, and B12 shots I feel fantastic! I am B12 deficient and normally take sublingual B12 tablets from GNC. Well, 15 minutes after that shot I could feel a difference! It was subtle, but I started feeling like a little cloud of fatigue just lifted off of me. It's weird not eating as much- or snacking- but I actually feel better. All of the components of this plan are making me feel better!

I didn't realize how often I was grabbing a bite of something. I went on the daily plate website that was recommended a while back in the threads (still working on reading through them all) and that was helpful too.

My husband asked me what I was doing differently and said I was "glowing". I feel like I've been given an "assist" or some tools here to help me start making healthier choices. It's up to me to lean on them for a while and then take off on my own. But I still might try to keep up that B12 shot. Wow!

Last edited by LostinAusten; 12-30-2009 at 05:46 AM..
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinAusten View Post
Second day here. Wow- between the vitamins, medication, and B12 shots I feel fantastic! I am B12 deficient and normally take sublingual B12 tablets from GNC. Well, 15 minutes after that shot I could feel a difference! It was subtle, but I started feeling like a little cloud of fatigue just lifted off of me. It's weird not eating as much- or snacking- but I actually feel better. All of the components of this plan are making me feel better!

I didn't realize how often I was grabbing a bite of something. I went on the daily plate website that was recommended a while back in the threads (still working on reading through them all) and that was helpful too.

My husband asked me what I was doing differently and said I was "glowing". I feel like I've been given an "assist" or some tools here to help me start making healthier choices. It's up to me to lean on them for a while and then take off on my own. But I still might try to keep up that B12 shot. Wow!
Wow. That's awesome!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you MaryMo for the welcome! And wow Dream Warrior, your stats look great! I had a really hard work day yesterday that turned into an almost 14 hour shift and could feel the barametric pressure changes of the weather change during the day when it began snowing again--sinus pressure! So, between crazy day, 500 calories, and sinus pressure I had a hard time sleeping last night! But, I stayed faithful to MWL plan and have today also (day off work). My quick fix meals yesterday were a small microwaved porkchop with a little FF/SF apple cider over it for breakfast; 2 slices of canadian bacon w/ reduced fat chive cream cheese for late AM snack; grilled chicken breast for lunch; and then another 2 slices of canadian bacon w/ reduced fat chive cream cheese for supper. I almost got in 64 oz of water. I'm going to start my crash cooking-ahead party at 3pm today as I watch Dr Oz! Thanks to all of you on the MWL recipes site for acute phase ideas, I plan to make Chicken Cordon, low carb BBQ pork, and a couple other chicken recipes. Also plan to roast a turkey breast this weekend.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I'm not going to worry about exercising (other than stretches) til after week 3 so my body gets used to the drastic changes it's already going through.

MaryMo, any other advice?! Thanks again!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #750
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 200/200/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcarolina View Post
No way! Definitely
Hey! If you want to chat, email me and I will send you my number. My email is nursezcalltheshotz@yahoo.com

Hope you're doing well!
Closed Thread