Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Lost 10 Pounds in My First Week!!!

Whoo! Whoo! Ten pounds down the hatch, now am 277 lbs.

I was so happy!! Hey, thanks for all of your encouragement, support and great tips!

My doctor was not aware of this website.

I also told him about two other websites that were helpful to figure calories for the different products (using measurements) and also to figure out how many calories I burned during workout for my weight!

So am sharing this with you all
CalorieKing - Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more and Calorie Calculator, Calories Burned, Calories Do Count

Just put in how much you weigh and then put in numbe of minutes of the workout. Look below for the type of workout and it gives you the calories you burned!

I walked a mile today!!! All this past week, I walked 10 minutes, then 15 minutes and today to celebrate I walked a mile! It was hard but it was worth it!

Talk to you all later and good night!

Mary
1st Week - lost 10 lbs

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/169/129
WOE: NK
Start Date: 8/25/14
10 lbs!!!!! That is GREAT!!! Another great website to save to your favorites is
Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com
This site has a wealth of information and calculators to help you in your journey.
Keep on walking your results are envious!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #693
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 200/200/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
New here...wanting to start Medi...

Hi! My name is Michelle. I am a 29 year old Registered Nurse in the Florida panhandle. I spent the last 11 years in California after getting married...and divorced (3 yrs ago). I moved back home in September and met the love of my life...my soul mate. He is the most amazing man I've ever known.

I have put on some weight and now weigh roughly 200 lbs (I am 5'6''). This is my heaviest weight EVER! I am tired all the time, I have headaches, and I just generally feel gross! I know you can all relate. Right after my divorce in 2006, I looked great and felt great! It's amazing what a "happy divorce" can do for you! Then, I met a guy that I dated for 2 years. He was lazy, unmotivated, and would not encourage me to stay healthy and active. Slowly I noticed my weight creeping up. I tried various weight loss methods including ones where the food is provided weekly (bleh...more horrible stuff I've ever eaten). What a waste of money. I would eat poorly in California because I lived alone. I didn't want to cook just for myself. I would eat out with friends or make daily grocery store trips. Not only did I eat bad foods but I spent a ton of money!!!!

I am so tired of feeling this way. As a nurse, I know better than this. I don't feel right teaching my patients about diet and exercise when I am about 60 lbs overweight myself. What a hypocrite!! I want to be healthy, feel healthy, look smokin' hot! AND......My boyfriend deserves someone healthy and fit. Men are visual creatures...and I know he does not necessarily like what he sees. I can't blame him. He loves me for who I am inside and I know that...but I want to be what he wants on the outside too. I am doing this for us...and I truly believe that. If I am happy and confident, he will be too!

I worked with nurse yesterday who overheard me saying that I needed to lose weight. She was very thin...and beautiful. She did Medi one year ago. She only needed to lose about 20 lbs. She lost the weight and has kept it off for over a year. She swears by Medi and she said it was very reasonably priced. I am reading great reviews about it too. That's actually how I stumbled into this forum.

I am really excited to do this! It may have to weight till my first payday in January. I've got to do my last minute shopping

Can't wait to read more success stories!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #694
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Michelle!

Welcome to our the Medi Weight Loss Forum.

I just joined on Dec 2, and had a 10 lbs loss in one week. You will be so happy when you join Medi Weight Loss.

I learned so much about what to eat, when to eat, etc. in one week with the help of this forum. The long-timers here are great people and have great advice.

So I look forward to hearing from you when you join the program.

We do have an advantage, we live in Florida and we can work out by walking outside during the the winter whereas others up north do not have that. However, our summers can be hot, but if I walk in the morning...it should not be so bad.

Ok, take care!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:16 AM   #695
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: duckwoman
Stats: 235/208/130
Start Date: December 2009
I had my first week weigh in and I lost 9 pounds!! I have never lost that much weight in one week. Even after I had gastric bypass surgery, I did not lose that much weight in the first week. I feel so good and this is a way of life for me now, it is not temporary this time. I can't wait to see what week 2 has in store for me. I read this board every day and the words of encouragement and the words of wisdom from people who have been there are so helpful. Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:31 AM   #696
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LynB
Stats: 135/135/115
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: Dec 2009
I'm in week 1 - started 12/12 - what was I thinking...just before Christmas? I want to lose 20 pounds so my expectations are lower than most for my first weigh in. I find myself jittery but the Crystal Light with electrolytes really helps that feeling. I drink about 4 a day.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #697
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Well Lyn, congratulations for joining the program. 20 pounds is not a lot to lose and if your follow the plan to the "T" you should be just fine. And that is a lot of Crystal Light. Water yes, 128 ounces a day. Limit the Crystal Light to one or two at most.

I began the program on Dec 19, 2008. I made goal on September 3, 2009. I lost 112 pounds. And the first week, over Christmas, I lost 11 pounds. So it is truly possible.

Jo

Jo
Old 12-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #698
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Hello All! I haven't begun my weight loss plan, but I stumbled upon this fantastic site and am truly inspired! I'm a 41 yr old mom of 4 girls ages 15,13,10&8. Not quite sure how it got so out of hand for me. I was a very active child/teenager. I was your typical first born, overachieving scholar & athlete. I always played 3 sports all through HS and played volleyball in college. Once I was out of college, my life settled in nicely...maybe too nicely! I was playing house and loving every minute of it. I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted. It was MY house. My weight gain began when I was in my mid 20's. I had 4 children in 7 years with two mid-term miscarriages in between. I never gained a lot of weight during the pregnancies, generally only 15lbs each time. I would lose it right away after their births, but put it on and then some pretty shortly after. I succeeded in losing 75lbs about 5 years ago, only to put it back on gradually over about a 2yr period of time. Discouraging to say the least. I enjoyed the WW program, it just didn't work out for me long term.

Flash forward to today~ I'm very lucky to be happily married to my teenage sweetheart for 20 years. Other than being obese, I have a pretty terrific life. My husband and I have several friends who have joined MWL with incredible results. We were skeptical at first, it seemed a bit extreme and unrealistic for us. Our friends have managed to maintain their weight without completely compromising their lifestyles. That's no easy feat!

My husband and I have both gotten to the point where we know that our weight is not only unhealthy and dangerous, but that it is sending a very bad message about health to our daughters. (He has about 60lbs to lose). Trying to keep things in perspective, we decided not to begin the program til after the holidays. It's just a smart decision for us. Having my husband by my side on this journey is such a blessing for the both of us.

We are going for a consultation at MWL on Thursday. I know this is the right time for us to become healthy again, we are motivated!!!

2010 is going to be a great year for us!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #699
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: csp562
Stats: 210/173/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: November 4, 2009
Lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks!!!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #700
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Jo. I didn't realize adding Crystal Light to my water so much was bad. I'll cut back! Glad to know you started in December and did so well! I have my first party Wednesday night and I'm hoping I'll be ok....I'm sure there won't be anything I can eat since I'm in week 1 and boy will I miss that glass of red wine! But I'm determined! Love the support and information here!
Old 12-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #701
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynB View Post
Thanks, Jo. I didn't realize adding Crystal Light to my water so much was bad. I'll cut back! Glad to know you started in December and did so well! I have my first party Wednesday night and I'm hoping I'll be ok....I'm sure there won't be anything I can eat since I'm in week 1 and boy will I miss that glass of red wine! But I'm determined! Love the support and information here!
Take a platter of shrimp along with cocktail sauce made with reduced sugar ketchup. That way you will know there will be something you can have.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #702
Junior LCF Member

Ha! That's my dinner for tonight. Great minds think alike. That's what I'll do.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #703
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csp562 View Post
Lost 21 pounds in 5 weeks!!!!!
CSP562, (wish I knew what your first name was)

Awesome job on your loss for 5 weeks! Hurray for you! Keep up the good work!

I go for my second weigh-in tomorrow. Not sure what it will be. But I can tell you my pants are loose and I think I am down a size.

Mary
Old 12-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #704
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
Hello All! I haven't begun my weight loss plan, but I stumbled upon this fantastic site and am truly inspired! I'm a 41 yr old mom of 4 girls ages 15,13,10&8. Not quite sure how it got so out of hand for me. I was a very active child/teenager. I was your typical first born, overachieving scholar & athlete. I always played 3 sports all through HS and played volleyball in college. Once I was out of college, my life settled in nicely...maybe too nicely! I was playing house and loving every minute of it. I could eat what I wanted, when I wanted. It was MY house. My weight gain began when I was in my mid 20's. I had 4 children in 7 years with two mid-term miscarriages in between. I never gained a lot of weight during the pregnancies, generally only 15lbs each time. I would lose it right away after their births, but put it on and then some pretty shortly after. I succeeded in losing 75lbs about 5 years ago, only to put it back on gradually over about a 2yr period of time. Discouraging to say the least. I enjoyed the WW program, it just didn't work out for me long term.

Flash forward to today~ I'm very lucky to be happily married to my teenage sweetheart for 20 years. Other than being obese, I have a pretty terrific life. My husband and I have several friends who have joined MWL with incredible results. We were skeptical at first, it seemed a bit extreme and unrealistic for us. Our friends have managed to maintain their weight without completely compromising their lifestyles. That's no easy feat!

My husband and I have both gotten to the point where we know that our weight is not only unhealthy and dangerous, but that it is sending a very bad message about health to our daughters. (He has about 60lbs to lose). Trying to keep things in perspective, we decided not to begin the program til after the holidays. It's just a smart decision for us. Having my husband by my side on this journey is such a blessing for the both of us.

We are going for a consultation at MWL on Thursday. I know this is the right time for us to become healthy again, we are motivated!!!

2010 is going to be a great year for us!
Hello Mom on a Mission!

Just wanted to welcome you to our forum. I am in my second week and it is not that hard. Just have to be strong. The first few days will be the worst but read the tips offered by experienced MWL people.

Be ready for a new way of life in 2010.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymo View Post
Hello Mom on a Mission!

Just wanted to welcome you to our forum. I am in my second week and it is not that hard. Just have to be strong. The first few days will be the worst but read the tips offered by experienced MWL people.

Be ready for a new way of life in 2010.
Thanks Mary! I look forward to following your (and everyone else's) journey.

Have a great night
Old 12-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #706
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Congratulations All and Welcome:
For Sugar Free Jello- I eat it as well, and I did eat it everyday even with some Redi Whip on top! Just see how it effects you and your ketosis.

For my latest new food and restaurants:
Logans 6oz sirloin with grilled veggie skewer (they are running a special now)
Yesterday we went to Cheesecake Factory- Got the Lunch portion of Crusted Chicken Romano with asparagus instead of pasta. It is crusted with Parmesan cheese only not breading! It is still a large portion so take some home for a yummy second meal
Old 12-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Hello, everyone, just wanted to share that I lost another 5.6 lbs this past week (2nd weigh in) for a total loss of 15.6.

Again, you guys are the best!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 AM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Wow, you guys are doing awesome!! Congrats!!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #709
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: duckwoman
Stats: 235/208/130
Marymo - how did you lose that much weight the second week? I lost 9 pounds the first week and tomorrow I have my second weigh in, but I think I only lost 2 or 3 pounds. I am still in Ketosis, but it seems the weight loss has slowed down. Congratulations!!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #710
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckwoman View Post
Marymo - how did you lose that much weight the second week? I lost 9 pounds the first week and tomorrow I have my second weigh in, but I think I only lost 2 or 3 pounds. I am still in Ketosis, but it seems the weight loss has slowed down. Congratulations!!
Well, remember I have a much higher starting weight, so that should account for some it.
I did walk at least 15 to 20 minutes 5 days a week, which I have not exercised in several years.

I did try to stay within near 600 calories with 500 protein. I did like Jo (DesertRose) did, by eating no red meat for the first two weeks. I stayed with tuna, chicken, egg beater with one egg several days a week, turkey breast, ground turkey (breast), canadian bacon and twice I had tilapia fish (not fond of that, but am learning though). I figured if I choose the protein from the 35 calories list, I could eat more of it, instead of the higher end. The cottage cheese (low-fat, I use the 1 % one is a life saver), if I got the craving, I would get 1/4 cup of that and it will satisify me.

I stayed away from all the sweets that the office offered, and declined some holiday activities to avoid the tempation especially during the first two week.

The hardest part for me is the water intake. I usually range from 64 to 84 oz a day, but I would like to do more but am just not used to drinking that much water (Pee-ing, too! Ha! Ha!)

Luckily, I never liked soda all my life, I had always drank sweet tea, hot tea and milk. So I avoided that all together and just drank water even though I miss both the tea and milk. I only went out once to Mimi's restaurant so I can spend some time with my 19 year old daughter. I had chicken salad dipped in low fat balsamic dressing there.

I am never a planner but this WOE has taught me to be prepared so on Sunday after I go shopping for food, I cut and weigh the meat to portion size, put in baggies and mark the weight on the baggies. ( I do a little different sizes, so at the end of the day I can pick the one that is closest to meet my protein limit) I always buy tuna StarKist in the pouch and leave it at work, so I have something there in case I forget lunch.

So it has been a change, I even did the journal and I always used to hate doing that but I did it. So I am happy, but I do expect the next few weeks to be less weight loss per week, that is to be expected.

Last but not least, willpower and with God's help (I pray for courage to beat this thing!)
Old 12-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #711
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MommybyNate
Stats: 200/200/150
Hey ladies! Just stumbled across this site today! I have been contemplating joining MWL. After reading everyone's success stories, I think I am definitely going to get started right after the holidays!

I have a 3 month old baby and after losing 40 lbs on my own, then gaining back 30 + another 35 during pregnancy, I'm back to 200 lbs and ready to get this weight off for good! We would like to have more kids, but I refuse to get pregnant again until I'm down to a healthier weight. I want to be healthy for my kids! I know how to lose weight the "old fashioned" way, but I'm looking for faster results this time as well as a permanent change. I have such a sweet tooth, salty tooth, carb tooth... and I NEED to get that under control!

I've been doing research, so I know a lot about the program, but I have a few questions:

1. During the initial stage (when you are losing, are you always around 500 calories? I know you can start adding food after week one, but after a few months, how many calories can you consume?

2. After you lose the weight and move into maintenance, how many calories will you be consuming? Obviously I know you cannot live off of 500 calories for life and I would like to eat a "normal" amount of calories eventually!

3. If any of you HAVE entered the wellness phase, have you been able to keep the weight off without the pills, shots and with sensible eating and exercising?

Thanks so much for being such an inspiration! Any additional info you have to offer would be a great help!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommybyNate View Post
Hey ladies!
1. During the initial stage (when you are losing, are you always around 500 calories? I know you can start adding food after week one, but after a few months, how many calories can you consume?

Thanks so much for being such an inspiration! Any additional info you have to offer would be a great help!
Welcome!! I can only help answer No. 1, cause that's were Im at now:

Yes, and no. It depends on you and what your nutritionist recommends. Its a variable that depends on you and what you need and depends on whether or not you live an active lifestyle. After week one you can add fruits and veggies, but its limited. That naturally increases the calorie count. But ruffly, you'll always be in the 500 - 800 range.

Personally, I had a rougher week 2 than I did week 1. I was a little confused with the fruits and veggies, so I personally chose to only add veggies the second week, then added the fruits on the third week... the other allowed "snacks" like nuts and such I didnt add until later in the plan. Its not just a diet, but a mental adjustment that your making. Your relationship with food will change, and you'll know the pace that's best for you.

I needed to re-learn how to eat, and I didnt want to jeopardize the plan by just falling into it and whatever. I actually took my time with each phase to make sure I could master it. Everyone has a different experience, however, regardless of the method, everyone has had success. The plan works, you just have to adjust yourself to it.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #713
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetcarolina
Stats: 295/292/150
Week one

Hi everyone, I began week one yesterday and things are generally good, except that I've felt slightly nauseous today. Around 7:00 last night I felt the same way, but it seemed to go away. I'm not sure if it's all the protein I'm eating and my body is in shock (I've eaten a chicken breast, cottage cheese, eggs, and turkey bacon over the span of the two days.) Or if it's all the medication. I'm not discouraged, necessarily, I'm just hoping I can stick to this and the queasy is just for a couple days.

This thread is so great, thanks everyone for posting and being so helpful!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #714
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missyd
Hi to everyone,
sweet carolina: the nauseous feeling will go away after your body adjusts to the new way of eating ,it happened to me a lot at first. the medication made me feel very weird in the beginning, just give yourself two weeks to adjust , it will be worth it. Now I am hardly ever hungry and feel fantastic almost all of the time ,way more energy and a lot happier than when I started. That first week is hell but its only 7 days ,you can do it ,next week you'll get veggies and possibly a fruit ,it makes a word of a difference. Hang in their ,u can do it!! MissyD
Old 12-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #715
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kmw660
I too am finishing my first week. Really it hasn't been too bad! I weigh in tomorrow and am excited. I'm a little confused about the Laughing Cow Cheese?? Is is okay the first week?? Also, I just checked and I'm only mild on the ketosis...had one wedge of laughing cow cheese yesterday...would that affect ketosis?? Looking forward to reading all of the posts.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #716
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 200/200/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcarolina View Post
Hi everyone, I began week one yesterday and things are generally good, except that I've felt slightly nauseous today. Around 7:00 last night I felt the same way, but it seemed to go away. I'm not sure if it's all the protein I'm eating and my body is in shock (I've eaten a chicken breast, cottage cheese, eggs, and turkey bacon over the span of the two days.) Or if it's all the medication. I'm not discouraged, necessarily, I'm just hoping I can stick to this and the queasy is just for a couple days.

This thread is so great, thanks everyone for posting and being so helpful!
HEY! I live in Milton FL too! We should definitely chat. We could encourage each other
Old 12-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #717
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetcarolina
Stats: 295/292/150
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursezcalltheshotz View Post
HEY! I live in Milton FL too! We should definitely chat. We could encourage each other
No way! Definitely
Old 12-23-2009, 04:02 AM   #718
Senior LCF Member

Cooked weight vs. "uncooked" weight in proteins

Guess what I found out! I was weighing my proteins before it was cooked. So I was eating a little less protein calories, than I have should have been the last 2 and half weeks. So want you all to know it is "cooked weight".

I had noticed that the chicken shinks quite a bit so I weighed before and after and noticed a big difference. For example, a 5.5 ounce before weight really ended up being 4 oz after it is cooked. So I am now adding a little more protein to my diet to make the 500 calories.

I had my 3rd weigh-in, and lost 4.4 pounds this past week for a total of exactly 20 lbs weight loss in three weeks! My goal is to try to lose at least three lbs each week (for what I hope a total loss of 10-12 lbs a month).

The only drawback I have is that I had noticed last month when I first got the hives every now and then after I took amoxicillin for a sinus infection. So thought I developed an allergy to amoxicillin.

But, I was still getting them when I started the meds with MWL when I joined three weeks ago and was concerned that the AS/Fat burners was doing them.

But realized that it only happens pretty bad "after" I exercised or do heavy cleaning around the house. Looks like I have "exercise induced/heat induced" hives. It can be so annoying!! So it is frustrating because after I walk a mile, I would come home itching like crazy. I am still not sure if it is the exercise or if I am allergic to the laundry detergent (even tho it is one I used for years Purex). This week I am going to try the clear and free of dye, fagrance brand to see if that is the culprit. I hope so as I want to exercise without fear of getting hives.

Anyone else have this? What do you do for it? I have taken Benadryl but it makes me sleepy. I did use Benadryl spray and Gold Bond cream, it helps some.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #719
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JessieMarie
Stats: Start 11/18/09 171.4 - 12/24/09 153.0
Start Date: November 18 2009
Spaghetti Squash - 2nd week and beyond

I cooked a Spaghetti Squash

pitch a fork into 4-5 times and back at 350 degrees for an hour an half.
Cool for 10 minutes.
Slice open the Squash and pull the seeds out with a spoon, then use a fork and get the squash out (it will just fall off the skin). And it really does look like pasta.

I personally seasoned it with pepper and garlic.

I added a half can of diced tomatos and feta cheese as well as cooked onion.
I found it very very good - and tasted very much like a plate of pasta
Old 12-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #720
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Jessie, I was told that Spaghetti Squash is off-limits because it's a winter squash, which we are supposed to avoid due to their high sugar and starch content. Is this a recipe from your clinic? I know sometimes advice varies.
Closed Thread