Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 06:19 AM   #661
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TeddyBear_Carl
Stats: 419.5/419.5/225
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: Nov. 12, 2009
Day 13- All is good I'm down another 6lbs!!! That brings my 2 week total to 23.5!!!! If I could have a drink to celebrate I would! lol

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
Carl, you are doing SO WELL! Congratulations!!!

And about ketosis, my trainer told me I really only needed to check during the first 2 weeks. He said if I'm staying on plan, I shouldn't fall out unless I'm not eating enough calories or drinking enough water. Just a thought for some of you - I know that there are people who still check every day! I've gone down to a few days per week, or if I add a new food in, I'll check it for a few days after just to be sure!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #663
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy@last
Stats: 208/203/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 11-20-09
I went to my first weigh in today. I lost 5 pounds. I am happy about it, but I was hoping for my. Oh well, as long as I'm losing, that's what counts.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Here is what the informational data in your materials states about ketosis:

Use Ketostix to monitor the level of ketones present in your urine after 3 days
Ketosis signifies that you are burning fatty tissue and that your stored carbohydrates have been depleted
Check your urine at least once per day for the presence of ketones. We recommend that you dip your test stick into your urine. Do not soak the strip. Oversaturation may change the test results. You should do your test in the morning if possible.
Ideally, you should be in the moderate level of ketosis.
Your results will be better if you remain in ketosis
You may fall out of ketosis after you add carbohydrates to your diet. If this happens, decrease or eliminate your carbohydrates until you reach ketosis again.

For me, in the acute phase, I tested each morning. It became part of my routine. At no time did my clinic suggest that it was no longer necessary or to test only occasionally. It is a pretty surefire way to be sure you are burning the right elements. I purchased the Bayer strips at my local pharmacy, and had no issues with faulty strips. And for me, I preferred knowing all was as it needed to be.

Jo
Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #665
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KateKate
Stats: 203.6/180.0/145.0
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: October 3, 2009
Any suggestions on how to maintain healthy eating during the holidays? I have totally binged over the past several days and gotten back into old eating habits. I don't want to ruin my progress so far. With Christmas coming up, I'm afrad I'll gain instead of lose weight. At this point, I would even take just maintaining my current weight until the holidays have passed. I am totally out of ketosis and had to start over today. This is day 58 for me, but it feels like Day 1. Help!?!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:23 AM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKate View Post
Any suggestions on how to maintain healthy eating during the holidays? I have totally binged over the past several days and gotten back into old eating habits. I don't want to ruin my progress so far. With Christmas coming up, I'm afrad I'll gain instead of lose weight. At this point, I would even take just maintaining my current weight until the holidays have passed. I am totally out of ketosis and had to start over today. This is day 58 for me, but it feels like Day 1. Help!?!
Kate, I had this problem too. I was doing SO well and then binged on Thanksgiving. I even made some Medi recipes to bring with me so I wouldn't have to be tempted, but instead I ate everything I shouldn't have. I completely regret it because I can honestly say it was NOT worth it. I was out of ketosis until this morning. I have definitely learned my lesson and will NOT do that again no matter how tempting the holiday foods are. Friday, Saturday, yesterday and today I have been eating ONLY protein and it seems to have gotten be back to ketosis. I hate to even admit what I have done, but I know now that I will NEVER do that again!

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Old 11-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #667
4JB
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 4JB
Stats: 5'3" - 173/165/135
Start Date: Apr 09-Jul 09; restart Dec 09
I started medi several months ago....lost over 20 lbs, which was great. Then, I went off plan, at first thinking I would start back 'tomorrow'. The 'tomorrows' kept passing by, and a few months later, here I am, unhappy with how I feel, the way I look and the way my clothes fit. I never posted on here. Just lurked. This site was definitely helpful during the times I was on medi. I think for some reason I was a bit in denial, thinking I didn't need this website to be successful. In fact, I think I really thought I only temporarily needed medi to be successful. Boy, was I an idiot. I have finally come to realize that I have an addiction to food. Love, love, love food. Cooking it, eating it, and the whole social dynamics our family has about food. I truly enjoy food. But, I also now realize that food gives me that high, and then an awful let down, and I feel bad physically, mentally, and emotionally. So, today I called the clinic back up and made an appointment for today (rather than 'tomorrow'), registered on here, and have decided to give it another go.....this time with the support of this board. Hope you have room! I'll post my stats after my appt. I think I might just cry if I gained all my weight back, but perhaps it is what I need to remind me that I can't do this alone. I need the community support.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Protein Shakes

I love the ease and quick supplementation of protein shakes...

However, I hated the need to use my bulky blender to properly mix things up. One day in a morning rush, I decided to use my daughters formula mixer to quickly stir up my drink and go... It worked incredibly well and the clean up was soo easy!

So, the purpose of this entry is to recommend buying a formula mixer to quickly mix up protein shakes. It so small and convenient that I keep it in my daughters diaper bag for her formula and for my "on the run protein shakes".

You can pick them up at a baby supply store for about $8.00 and they run on double A batteries.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #669
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JStasinos
Stats: 179/160/135
Start Date: Jan 09, took break, back on 7/09
I too am in the same boat as you. Decided Saturday, enough is enough. Can't do it on my own. My appt is tomorrow at 12:30. I have been doing protein only since Saturday, eased back in pretty quickly, trying to minimize my protein calories, though tough since I wont get AS till tomorrow. I know before I was not 100% committed to the program. Now I am, even with the holidays. I know I am down a few lbs already in the 3 days. Will post tomorrow after my appt
Old 11-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #670
4JB
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 4JB
Stats: 5'3" - 173/165/135
Start Date: Apr 09-Jul 09; restart Dec 09
JStasinos....Congrats on deciding to get back at it as well! Looks like we have some similar stats - we'll have to motivate each other!
My appointment was as expected...I have gained back most of my weight! That's enough to light a fire under my butt to get back at it. Also stopped into the sporting goods store for some winter workout clothes so I'd have no excuse to not go run in the mornings.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #671
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Kate and Rochelle... I know exactly how you felt over the Thanksgiving holiday. We had a Medi compliant turkey day since 3 of us are on the plan, and then we had all the "regular" food for everyone else. I have not cheated since beginning this program 6 weeks ago, but with that said, this past weekend was the hardest ever.. not on Turkey day but the day after.. i had company at the house and i had to walk by all the left overs frequently and it was sooooo hard. I did it though.. I just kept thinking of all the $$ Ive spent in the past 6 weeks and I knew if I ate the bad stuff I would beat myself up for sure and start on that downward spiral.. as food is my drug of choice... get back on track... you too can do this.. you ve proven that to yourself already!

4JB and JStasinos... good for you for getting back on board, cant wait to hear about your progress.

ok.. with all my rambling here, I need to mention that today was my weigh in and Im down 1.9lbs... I ll take it! 25.4lbs in 6 weeks!!!!

Sandra

Last edited by anewstart; 11-30-2009 at 03:32 PM..
Old 12-01-2009, 06:38 AM   #672
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cognac597
Stats: 211/207.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 120109
Good Morning All - I've been checking out this board for a few weeks now, and just joined MWL yesterday. A little anxious, but mostly excited. You all have provided a ton of very useful info for "newbies". Looking forward ot becoming part of the family :-).
Old 12-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #673
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognac597 View Post
Good Morning All - I've been checking out this board for a few weeks now, and just joined MWL yesterday. A little anxious, but mostly excited. You all have provided a ton of very useful info for "newbies". Looking forward ot becoming part of the family :-).
Old 12-03-2009, 03:46 AM   #674
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marymo
Stats: 292/197/187
Start Date: Dec 2, 2009
Hello, Just joined MWL

Thanks for this fantastic thread, just joined on Dec 1st, 2009 at Medi Weight Loss clinic.

I had my first "sleepless" night all night and had a headache. Took some aspirin, but now feel tired because I did not sleep hardly. Anyone experience the same things.

My first day was not too bad, but at 5 PM, was very hungry and lunchtime was at 11:30. I think I will get some College Inn Broth so I can have a cup to drink at around 4 PM today so I am not so "hungry" at that time before I go home and have dinner.

Look forward to doing this blogging. Never done this. Smile.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:56 AM   #675
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymo View Post
Thanks for this fantastic thread, just joined on Dec 1st, 2009 at Medi Weight Loss clinic.

I had my first "sleepless" night all night and had a headache. Took some aspirin, but now feel tired because I did not sleep hardly. Anyone experience the same things.

My first day was not too bad, but at 5 PM, was very hungry and lunchtime was at 11:30. I think I will get some College Inn Broth so I can have a cup to drink at around 4 PM today so I am not so "hungry" at that time before I go home and have dinner.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #676
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

What time did you take your last AS? I find if I take it too late in the day it will keep me up... in fact Im down to 2 a day because of the sleep issue and it seems to irritate my throat if I take 3 a day. Welcome to Medi!!
Old 12-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dream Warrior and ANewStart for your kind welcome!

To ANewStart - I took it at 3 PM as the Dr told me. I went to the office to get my second injection today for the week and I asked about that. He said it may take a few days.

I asked if I could take a Tylenol PM for tonite so I won't be so tired at work tomorrow. He says that it was fine. Then over the weekend, I will not take any Tylenol PM to see if it is still an issue.

Glad you told me about taking only two a day, do you find you still get hungry at night with only two a day?

Also, guys and gals, I did try the College Inn broth at 4 PM, it took the edge off and I was able to stave off the hunger until dinnertime. Thanks for the tip!!

Mary
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #678
Junior LCF Member

Mary,

I don't get hungry on only 2 AS a day but I wouldnt recommend it for the first week.. it was such a drastic change from the way I had been eating, I dont think I wouldve done as well on 2 a day. You ll be so grateful for lettuce in the second week and for me the plan just got easier... glad the chicken broth worked for you!!!

Sandra
Old 12-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #679
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: duckwoman
Stats: 235/208/130
Start Date: December 2009
I had my first consultation last night and I am so excited about starting this program. Everyone at the clinis was so nice and helpful and everyone on this board is so supportive. I look forward to the days to come!! Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shanlock
Stats: 5'7" 257/219.4/200 is 2nd mini-goal
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: September 29, 2009
Quote:
Thanks Dream Warrior and ANewStart for your kind welcome!

To ANewStart - I took it at 3 PM as the Dr told me. I went to the office to get my second injection today for the week and I asked about that. He said it may take a few days.

I asked if I could take a Tylenol PM for tonite so I won't be so tired at work tomorrow. He says that it was fine. Then over the weekend, I will not take any Tylenol PM to see if it is still an issue.

Glad you told me about taking only two a day, do you find you still get hungry at night with only two a day?

Also, guys and gals, I did try the College Inn broth at 4 PM, it took the edge off and I was able to stave off the hunger until dinnertime. Thanks for the tip!!

Mary
I have been taking 2 appetite suppressants since the beginning and I don't get hungry. For a while I took 1 in the morning, 1/2 in the afternoon, and 1/2 in the evening. Then I got tired of splitting the pills so now I just take 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon and I am fine.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #681
Senior LCF Member

Shannon and Sandra, thanks for sharing regarding the AS (which I figured out means Appetite Suppressant). (also, what is TOM, I read this several times and cannot figure out what it means?)

Well, I took the Tylenol PM on Thursday, slept good.

Then Friday, I had a rough day (3rd day), I noticed that seems to be the case with many. I was so hungry in the afternoon around 4 PM. I did have a EAS AdvantageEdge and thought I would try. I was scared as I did not want to use up all my calories before dinner.

So I just drank half of it, which is 55 cals. Then threw the rest away. It did the trick! Last night, I did not use Tylenol PM just to see how it is w/o it. I slept like a baby.

So I felt great today... all of your encouraging words and support means so much to me!!

This is great forum for me as I do not do well in support groups in the community because I am DEAF and miss out on so much when people share with each other. I get so frustrated.

But this forum has been a real blessing as I can read and relate to what you went through.

Also a note to Mrs. P, I read all of your posts. You are an inspiration! And learned that you live only 20 to 30 miles away from me. I am like you with the starting weight and goal weight. (My goal weight is 168, because I did so well for many years at that weight and feel that is a good set point weight goal!)

It is great to see you doing so well and knowing I can do the same! Thanks!
Not sure which MWL Clinic you go to. I go to the South Lakeland MWL.

Sorry, this was long, I like to talk!

Mary
Old 12-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #682
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Shannon and Sandra, thanks for sharing regarding the AS (which I figured out means Appetite Suppressant). (also, what is TOM, I read this several times and cannot figure out what it means?)

Well, I took the Tylenol PM on Thursday, slept good.

Then Friday, I had a rough day (3rd day), I noticed that seems to be the case with many. I was so hungry in the afternoon around 4 PM. I did have a EAS AdvantageEdge and thought I would try. I was scared as I did not want to use up all my calories before dinner.

So I just drank half of it, which is 55 cals. Then threw the rest away. It did the trick! Last night, I did not use Tylenol PM just to see how it is w/o it. I slept like a baby.

So I felt great today... all of your encouraging words and support means so much to me!!

This is great forum for me as I do not do well in support groups in the community because I am DEAF and miss out on so much when people share with each other. I get so frustrated.

But this forum has been a real blessing as I can read and relate to what you went through.

Also a note to Mrs. P, I read all of your posts. You are an inspiration! And learned that you live only 20 to 30 miles away from me. I am like you with the starting weight and goal weight. (My goal weight is 168, because I did so well for many years at that weight and feel that is a good set point weight goal!)

It is great to see you doing so well and knowing I can do the same! Thanks!
Not sure which MWL Clinic you go to. I go to the South Lakeland MWL.

Sorry, this was long, I like to talk!

Mary
Mary
Glad to hear you are doing better...especially with the sleep! I think the EAS shakes are a lifesaver and drink them a lot!

TOM = time of the month :blush:

Keep up the great work!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #683
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: csp562
Stats: 210/173/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: November 4, 2009
1 month and 5 days: 18 1/2 lbs down, 51 and 1/2 to go!!!!!!!!!! Had I not caved at Thanksgiving could have been more!! Oh well, jumped back on the wagon!!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #684
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
dont beat yourself up. November was a bad month for me too with traveling and then Thanksgiving. Try to keep on going otherwise it becomes a vicious cycle and you will feel start having second doubts about completing this diet and be successful at keeping the weight off. We all want you to succeed!!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #685
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Hey all newbies wanted to share my tips:
First off I am a super busy college student, who has lets say a lack of cooking knowledge.
I started Nov. 3 and am down 20.3 pounds as of Dec 7!

I love Sam's Club! I get there London Broil, and Pot Roast that just needs to be microwaved for 7 min. I slice it up and eat off it for a week. It is tasty and it is 180 cal for 5oz and 2 carbs. Also during week 1 I loved Rudy's Turkey and got it packaged in 4oz this made for great lunches.

You can do it!

Going to lose more this time!
Ultimate goal... see the 150's!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #686
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by malloryann11 View Post
Hey all newbies wanted to share my tips:
First off I am a super busy college student, who has lets say a lack of cooking knowledge.
I started Nov. 3 and am down 20.3 pounds as of Dec 7!

I love Sam's Club! I get there London Broil, and Pot Roast that just needs to be microwaved for 7 min. I slice it up and eat off it for a week. It is tasty and it is 180 cal for 5oz and 2 carbs. Also during week 1 I loved Rudy's Turkey and got it packaged in 4oz this made for great lunches.

You can do it!

Mallory.. the london broil and pot roast.. are they already cooked? where in Sam's do you find them?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #687
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/141/125
Start Date: 11/11/09
Mallory,
You go girl!!! How you manage to avoid all the temptation that college life has to offer is astounding! I can't wait to try your tips to help get some variety in the menu! I have been existing on Chicken and Turkey for the better part of the month B O R I N G!! Can't wait to mix it up a bit. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
I find them over in the coolers, not the frozen food where the cheeses and seafood are. They have london broil, pot roast, and turkey breast. All are 180 cal or less. The turkey has a bit more carbs but not too much. I also really like the sharp cheddar and bacon dip for right now, I can take it to holiday parties to dip celery in! I believe 2 Tbsp is 80 cal and 1 carb, it is really yummy!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #689
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dexterkids
Stats: 183/171/150
Start Date: 11/13/09
I'm starting week 4 and have only lost 9.5 lbs. Not complaining but thought I would lose more with the little amount that I'm eating. I don't think I'l doing everything right. I'm not for sure how to count everything. If I'm adding cheese or other things to my meals does that count toward my 500 calories of protein? What if I have some sugar-free jello? Does that count toward my protein? Is it OK to have a sugar-free jello every day? I have a sweet tooth even with the AS. Any advice?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #690
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterkids View Post
I'm starting week 4 and have only lost 9.5 lbs. Not complaining but thought I would lose more with the little amount that I'm eating. I don't think I'l doing everything right. I'm not for sure how to count everything. If I'm adding cheese or other things to my meals does that count toward my 500 calories of protein? What if I have some sugar-free jello? Does that count toward my protein? Is it OK to have a sugar-free jello every day? I have a sweet tooth even with the AS. Any advice?
Hi there... heres what my clinic told me... cheese would be counted as part of your 500 calories of protein.. your jello and your veggies do not count, they are in addition too the 500 cal.... I too wanted to have Jello a few times a week but was advised against it only because I would be used to having something sweet everyday.. in maintenance it could be a slippery slope. Make sure youre drinking all your water as well!!! Good luck... keep up the great work!
Closed Thread