Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #601
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IAmReady!
Stats: 5'9"-234/181.5/165
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 10/22/09
I had my first weigh in today and am down 8.5! Yahoo!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #602
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cabrsa26
Stats: 234/194/145
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmReady! View Post
You and I are on the same target. I began at 234 and after my first weight in I ended at 225. I'm dying to see what week two has in store for me. I have to be honest though and say that allowing me to have more options has probably been harder for me this week.

Good luck as you continue on your journey!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Quote:
Yayy!!! Good for you!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #604
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IAmReady!
Stats: 5'9"-234/181.5/165
Start Date: 10/22/09
Cabrsa26- I can see how it will get a bit harder/stressful adding things in. I feel like I ate too much today but I was probably ok. I'll watch your progress and can't wait to see what you lost this week, when is weigh-in for you?

Good luck to you too!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #605
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cabrsa26
Stats: 234/194/145
Quote:
Cabrsa26- I can see how it will get a bit harder/stressful adding things in. I feel like I ate too much today but I was probably ok. I'll watch your progress and can't wait to see what you lost this week, when is weigh-in for you?

Good luck to you too!
I weigh-in on Mondays - I hope I can make it through this weekend. I also think I ate too much today... I took a friend out to lunch and even though I tried to eat within the guidelines they didnt have a caloric guide to their meal. Before going to the restaurant I looked up all the ingredients in the salad and figuring out how I could make it work for myself. I ended up eating a Mediterranean Cobb salad - asked them to replace the feta with mozarella (as it has more protein, less calories) and to skip the olives and pecans. I committed myself to only eating half, but I felt soooo guilty. I have to say that starting to add carbs (veg and fruits) this second week has made me a bit sleepy again. Well, I'll be watching out for you too - Im assuming based on your start date that you weigh in on Thursdays. My first mini-goal is to reach my wedding weight. I'll be adding exercise this week. Hopefully, all in all, I will have at least lost 4lbs. by Monday.

Sarai
Old 10-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #606
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
Start Date: 4/25/10
Hi to all. I'm new to message boards and on my 2nd go round with MWL. I started the 1st time in Aug. '07 and quit in Jan '08 due to cost and the thought that "I could do it on my own". Boy was I wrong about that! I started to slowly regain and in Aug '09 I quit smoking and continued to gain weight. By the end of September, I had gained all 35 pounds back. I decided not to let this go on and restarted MWL October 1st. All of the people here are soooo supportive and the successes are amazing. I am here to offer and recieve support in this journey to a forever, new way of life.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #607
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julesrnc
Stats: 5'6" 190/174/140
Start Date: 4/25/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesrnc View Post
Hi to all. I'm new to message boards and on my 2nd go round with MWL. I started the 1st time in Aug. '07 and quit in Jan '08 due to cost and the thought that "I could do it on my own". Boy was I wrong about that! I started to slowly regain and in Aug '09 I quit smoking and continued to gain weight. By the end of September, I had gained all 35 pounds back. I decided not to let this go on and restarted MWL October 1st. All of the people here are soooo supportive and the successes are amazing. I am here to offer and recieve support in this journey to a forever, new way of life.
Oops, I actually meant I originally started in 2008 and quit in 2009.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesrnc View Post
Oops, I actually meant I originally started in 2008 and quit in 2009.
You have found a great support site. Good luck starting back.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #609
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KateKate
Stats: 203.6/180.0/145.0
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: October 3, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post

Kate, Next time you are tempted think about how much money you are paying for the program. Also, instead of setting weightloss goals, which you can't really control, set behavior goals which you can control. For instance you might say my goal for this week is to journal daily, drink 128 ounces of water daily, stay between 500 - 700 calories daily, exercise 4 times weekly, ... This way if the scale doesn't happen to cooperate for whatever reason (TOM, water retention, ...) you won't be disappointed because you will know that you met your goal, and the scale will follow in time. This is a WOL, so replacing your old behaviors with new healthier ones is critical.

Thanks for the advice, Susie. I was able to brace myself for the whopping 1 lb weight loss last week and I was also determined not to eat any dessert at lunch on Saturday at The Cheesecake Factory. I actually enjoyed my salad and water while everyone else feasted. I was surprised by how much control I had. It was a small victory!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #610
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
Week 2 weigh in.. not excessive by any means... 1.8 lbs. But its a total of 15 in 2 weeks so I wont complain. I was told to get my exercise in. The only thing I didn't do this week was make it to my 500-700 protein cals.... guess thats important! Hope everyone does well this week!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #611
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewstart View Post
Week 2 weigh in.. not excessive by any means... 1.8 lbs. But its a total of 15 in 2 weeks so I wont complain. I was told to get my exercise in. The only thing I didn't do this week was make it to my 500-700 protein cals.... guess thats important! Hope everyone does well this week!
You are so right, anewstart! Getting those minimum protein calories in is essential. If you don't do that, the body senses deprivation and will go into starvation mode, slowing your metabolism down in order to to keep you alive on less - definitely not helping your diet. Getting those protein calories in is so important that at the end of the day, if I came up short when calculating them, I still ate to get to that minimum, even if it was 11 or 12 at night. I also never had a week where I did not lose in the acute phase. Congrats on your continued loss!
-Jane
Old 11-03-2009, 07:13 AM   #612
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: csp562
Stats: 210/173/150
Start Date: November 4, 2009
Today I go for my initial visit. I am very anxious about starting the program. I hope this anxiety goes away once I get started. Gonna be a LOOOOOOOOONG road!!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by csp562 View Post
Today I go for my initial visit. I am very anxious about starting the program. I hope this anxiety goes away once I get started. Gonna be a LOOOOOOOOONG road!!!!
Everything is possible for you with the right mindset. If you are truly ready to commit yourself 100% to a major lifestyle change and a new way of looking at food and eating then you will be successful. Allow yourself to succeed, follow the program as it is written for you. Wishing you great success on your new journey to a healthier life.

Oh, and

Jo
Old 11-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #614
Junior LCF Member

csp562...welcome and good luck on your fresh start! Looking forward to hearing all about the wonderful progress you ll be making!

Jane, thanks for the support.. i ve been doing just that this week eating all my protein!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #615
Junior LCF Member

Thanks!! I believe I am ready and have the right mindset. Week one is gonna be tough! I know I can do this!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #616
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Attention Newbies!!

The saying that "Being prepared is key!" Is soo true, especially on this plan.

Case in point - because I wasnt feeling well last night, I didnt prepare my lunch and snack for today. I figured Id go to the lunch room and just make myself a salad with grilled chicken.

Well wouldnt you know it, the salad bar, that always has grilled chicken - had breaded chicken today!! TODAY - of all days!!

I reviewed my options (which were just as bad) and decided to buy the breaded chicken instead of the hamburger and to just sit at my desk and peel the bread off. Its NOT fun, not to mention extremely greasy.

So, had I just taken a moment and prepared my lunch, I would not find myself with grease all over my keyboard and possibly jeopardizing my plan.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 AM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 289/257/150
WOE: Very low carb and low calorie
Start Date: 18 June 2012
Hi, Everyone.
I just started the program on Wednesday! Very excited, as I woke up and found I was in moderate ketosis! I thought it would take a little bit longer, but it's encouraging to keep going!
One thing I've noticed is this plan is for some reason much more tolerable than atkins! Maybe it's the appetite suppressant that makes it doable. I just can't wait to get to the point where I'm not waking up at 4am thinking about what I'll have for dinner! haha

I think what finally kicked me in the butt to do this is a trip to the UK I'm taking in June. I'm so excited for it, but I started thinking about how embarrassing it would be if they asked me to buy two seats, or if I'd have to get a belt extender. I'm also meeting up with a friend who lives in London that I've known online for 13 years and haven't met yet. He's a very active, energetic person and I want to be able to keep up, not be lagging behind.

Other things that keep me going are thinking about being able to play with my son again who just turned 4 and has so much energy! It's only been recently that I've taken him to the park because in the past I was just too tired or embarrassed to be seen by the other moms. And of course, there is my goal of medical school! I'm in my third year of undergrad (going part time so it's going slow! haha) and I know I won't be able to be nearly as successful as an intern at the weight I am.

Anyway, just a lengthy, rambling hello to everyone! haha...
Old 11-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #618
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggyface View Post
Hi, Everyone.

Anyway, just a lengthy, rambling hello to everyone! haha...
Hi!! And, Welcome!!

Old 11-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #619
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mariathoma
Stats: 209/209/170
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: 11/09/2009
I am starting this program tomorrow and I'm so excited to really make a change this time with my weight. I really appreciate the helpful tips. I know this first week will be the big challenge for me but I just have to keep reminding myself it is only a week.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #620
Senior LCF Member

A little help with your portions!

Hi Everyone new and old to the program! I just wanted to post that I bought these "Curve" endorsed plasticware from AVON that I absolutely LOVE!

I was having a hard time last week with my portion sizes regarding fruits and veggies and I bought these during my week 2. Well now in week 3, I have them and used them today to measure out my salad and fruits. Its a no brainer... if it doesnt fit - you dont get to eat it!!

So, in my opinion - the must haves to be successful on this program is a food scale and easy to measured tupperware!!

Here's the link to the stuff I bought.

Avon Shop - Products
Old 11-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #621
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Hi Everyone new and old to the program! I just wanted to post that I bought these "Curve" endorsed plasticware from AVON that I absolutely LOVE!

I was having a hard time last week with my portion sizes regarding fruits and veggies and I bought these during my week 2. Well now in week 3, I have them and used them today to measure out my salad and fruits. Its a no brainer... if it doesnt fit - you dont get to eat it!!

So, in my opinion - the must haves to be successful on this program is a food scale and easy to measured tupperware!!

Here's the link to the stuff I bought.

Avon Shop - Products
I'm so glad you posted that! I have a friend who just started selling Avon and I had NO CLUE what I was going to buy from her! I bought that and the thermos/salad thingy and I feel like a good friend!
Old 11-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #622
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
I'm starting week 1 over after a week of the flu and started working on food for this week. The first time around, I was so nervous, I didn't think about good food. I was only thinking about protein, and being a picky eater I existed for a week off of deli meat and string cheese (and I'm only slightly exaggerating)!!!

So this time I spent 1 hour prepping food for this week and planning other meals. I figured it might help some other newbies to see what I'm going to eat for this week.

PLEASE VERIFY THE ITEMS THAT ARE APPROVED BY YOUR CLINIC - and other people, feel free to weigh in if any of the items on my list were not approved for week 1 by your clinic. The more info the better!

Tonight I prepared:
2 packages of tuna with lemon juice and 1 Tbsp of Fat Free Mayo
1 entire package of Everyday Turkey Sausage - sliced into 4 portions (each is a double portion) grilled
1 Chicken Breast marinated in Chipotle Seasoning, grilled
1 Chicken Breast marinated in 1 Tbsp lite Soy Sauce & Asian seasoning, grilled
1 Chicken Breast rubbed with Garlic & Herbs, grilled
1 lb of Ground Turkey seasoned with Taco Seasoning, browned

I also have plans to make the following the rest of this week:
Chicken Sausage with Sundried Tomato Basil, grilled
Turkey Meatballs, browned
Crustless Quiche
Turkey Bacon, grilled
Shrimp Skewers, marinated in garlic and herbs, grilled
Shrimp Skewers, marinated in lime, cilantro, chili, grilled
Homemade burger patties
Mexican Meatloaf (MWLC recipe)
Ham & Turkey Deli Meat

In addition to those proteins, I have the following allowed by my clinic:
EAS Advantage Carb Control Shakes
Sargento Reduced fat String Cheese
Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb lite cheese
Laughing Cow regular lite cheese
Laughing Cow Babybells
50% Reduced Fat PepperJack Cheese
Crystal Lite various flavors
Swanson Chicken Broth

These are just the things that I like, but remember that there are LOTS of other things you can eat like:
Steak
Pork
Eggs
Cottage Cheese
Fage Yogurt

I'm sure there are other things - anyone want to add to this list? Also, PLEASE read through this post. I know it's extensive but page 1 is FULL of ideas and suggestions from Susie and other posters, and it continues on for over 20 pages! There is no better resource!

Keep yourself motivated and don't get defeated! The key is to focus on things you LIKE and go with it! You will be full and happy! And week 1 is only 7 days! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #623
Junior LCF Member

Week 1-missed 1st weigh-in due to Hurricane Ida, clinic closed- Day 9: -10.5 lbs. Thought I would never make it through the first week. Thank God it's over!
Old 11-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #624
Junior LCF Member

Great job csp562!!!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #625
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TeddyBear_Carl
Stats: 419.5/419.5/225
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: Nov. 12, 2009

Hi Ya'll, I just had my first appt. today and had a very pleasant experience. My dr would not recommend the AS at this time cause my blood pressure was to high any tips to help me get through the first week without the AS?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #626
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Half way through week 2 and I am feeling good. I had a 8.5 pound loss for week 1 and am hoping for 4 or 5 for week 2. It is hard being in college on this with my friends (who are overweight as well) eating candy, pizza, and the cristmas tree cakes from little debbie that are oh so yummy. I just remind myself that I am working to be thinner everyday I deny one of these items. I also want this so bad this time that I have watched my friends eat in front of me my favorite thing Cheddars Cookie Monster and I didnt think twice!

Going to lose more this time!
Ultimate goal... see the 150's!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear_Carl View Post
Hi Ya'll, I just had my first appt. today and had a very pleasant experience. My dr would not recommend the AS at this time cause my blood pressure was to high any tips to help me get through the first week without the AS?

Thanks
Carl,

Medi has an herbal product called stay slim that is supposed to help with appetite. You may want to call your clinic.

Here are my tips...

1. Read the first several pages of this thread.

2. Drink all your water.

3. Chicken broth and more chicken broth (low sodium)

4. Stay busy and keep yourself distracted.

5. Accept the fact that this week will be really hard, you will feel weak, light headed, may have a headache and may even feel naucious. Remember it is only 1 week and ends with a favorable weightloss. After this week you will feel much better.

Good luck and hang in there.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:14 AM   #628
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TeddyBear_Carl
Stats: 419.5/419.5/225
WOE: Medi WeightLoss
Start Date: Nov. 12, 2009
Good news is I've made it through the first couple of days, YEAY me!!! No cheating, I've been hungry but it hasn't been as bad as I thought. Now to search and try and find some diversity for breakfast.

Thank you all!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:02 AM   #629
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: changes
Stats: 199/165/155
WOE: medi
Start Date: November 2009/ restart March 2011
Hello all- I am new to this community and wanted to say thanks for providing this forum. I started Week 1, on day 5 now- and very happy with how the week has gone. Question- the dr.'s say consume @ least 500 calories a day, which I am doing- but I also work out and burn 350 calories daily. I am to assume this are just an added bonus and if I am not feeling like I need more nourishment that I am ok to stay in the 500-600 calorie range. Is this correct?
Old 11-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #630
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Hi Changes - be sure and tell your clinic how much you workout - my calories were upped the second week. I just increased my protein intake...
Closed Thread