Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #571
Junior LCF Member
 
IAmReady!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 10
Gallery: IAmReady!
Stats: 5'9"-234/181.5/165
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 10/22/09
Day 5 was a whole lot better than day 4! Although I am sooo hungry. I was not able to be on the appetite suppresant which didn't bother me at first but I really am hungry now.

I had filet mignon one night too and it was sooo good. I had it with a light laughing cow swiss wedge- a little on each bite- delicious! Go to BJ's, I only paid 9.79 per lb and now have 7 more servings in the freezer- all for $21!

Do you have to make an appointment for the extra MIC injection or just pop in during clinic hours?
IAmReady! is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #572
Senior LCF Member
 
Rochelle91214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 81
Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
DreamWarrior and Katew1129.. Thank you for the tips and support! Tonight I made shrimp with a cocktail sauce I saw that Susie suggested made from horseradish and low sugar ketchup. It was such a nice change! I had made steak on the grill a few days ago and just kept it in the frigde for quick meals so I didn't have to cook something each time since the portions are so small. But I was REALLY sick of it!! I was also eating cottage cheese everyday which I'm sick of too! LOL. I am really looking forward to my first weigh in though after all this pain and suffering!

Also, I keep seeing posts about EAS shakes. Is that the mix they sell at the Medi centers or is it something different?

One more question.. What is ketosis? I think I missed this part in my consultation???

Last edited by Rochelle91214; 10-26-2009 at 05:04 PM..
Rochelle91214 is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #573
Junior LCF Member
 
anewstart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 54
Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Okay everyone! Just had my first weigh in and can you believe...... 13.2 lbs GONE!!!!!! I couldnt believe it myself! I LOVE this plan!!!!!!
anewstart is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #574
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 13
Gallery: csp562
Stats: 210/173/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: November 4, 2009
Looking forward to starting on Nov. 3. Have 65-70 pounds to lose. Don't know how hard it's going to be to not have carbs. BUT, I know i have to do this!!! Tired of being overweight and looking frumpy and dumpy.

Last edited by csp562; 10-26-2009 at 05:46 PM..
csp562 is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #575
Senior LCF Member
 
katew1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 284
Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewstart View Post
Okay everyone! Just had my first weigh in and can you believe...... 13.2 lbs GONE!!!!!! I couldnt believe it myself! I LOVE this plan!!!!!!
That is awesome!! Congrats!!! Keep up the great work!
katew1129 is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #576
Senior LCF Member
 
katew1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 284
Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle91214 View Post
DreamWarrior and Katew1129.. Thank you for the tips and support! Tonight I made shrimp with a cocktail sauce I saw that Susie suggested made from horseradish and low sugar ketchup. It was such a nice change! I had made steak on the grill a few days ago and just kept it in the frigde for quick meals so I didn't have to cook something each time since the portions are so small. But I was REALLY sick of it!! I was also eating cottage cheese everyday which I'm sick of too! LOL. I am really looking forward to my first weigh in though after all this pain and suffering!

Also, I keep seeing posts about EAS shakes. Is that the mix they sell at the Medi centers or is it something different?

One more question.. What is ketosis? I think I missed this part in my consultation???
EAS Carb Control shakes are not the ones sold at Medi. They are premade shakes that each have 110 calories and 3 carbs. I buy mine at Target or Wal-mart. I really love them and use them all the time. I like the Chocolate Fudge, Vanilla and Strawberry (Chocolate is my fav). They also have a Carb Control Dark Chocolate but that one has too many carbs for me.

Your material should have info on ketosis and your clinic should have given you a bottle of ketosis sticks. Be sure to read the material and check out the ketosis thread here.
Ketosis

Keep up the great work!
katew1129 is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #577
Senior LCF Member
 
QueenCityDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 250
Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
WOW! WELCOME to all the newbies! I've only been away for 2 days and there are lots of you I haven't "met" yet. All I can say is STAY EXCITED! I'm going on week 4 now and I'm LOVING MY MEDI LIFE! I have found unparalleled support here in this group and look forward to getting to know each of you and starting on this journey with you!!!

And Anewstart - HOLY MOLY! That is FANTASTIC! I hope to hit that on my weigh in tomorrow, so you are off to an AMAZING new start!!! GO YOU!
__________________
Jennifer
QueenCityDiva is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 06:31 AM   #578
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 28
Gallery: AZKim
Stats: 178/178/130
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 10/24/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenDrop View Post
Hi, everyone! New here. I'm on day 4, and have a couple of questions...

First, is it normal to not be in ketosis yet by morning of day 4?

Also, is it okay to chew sugarless (1 carb, 3.5 cal) gum as long as you count carbs and cals?

Thanks!
I cannot answer about not being in ketosis by day 4. I was. You should check with your clinic. But on the sugar free gum part, I continued and it doesn't seem to be a problem (orbit) I still lost 10 lbs the first week. So I'm going out on a limb to say that I think sugar free gum is ok.
AZKim is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 07:17 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 331
Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewstart View Post
Okay everyone! Just had my first weigh in and can you believe...... 13.2 lbs GONE!!!!!! I couldnt believe it myself! I LOVE this plan!!!!!!
YAY!!! Congrats!! Im soo looking forward to my first weigh in!
DreamWarrior is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #580
Major LCF Poster!
 
SDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,421
Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
WTG anewstart! I guess the week of suffering was worth it after all. I gets much easier from here on out. Congrats!!!
SDC2 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #581
Senior LCF Member
 
Rochelle91214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 81
Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Thank you for the information! I am going right after work to buy some of those shakes!!

I do have the ketosis sticks, I guess I just forgot that they were called ketosis. What does is mean to be IN ketosis? Is that a certian range?
Rochelle91214 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #582
Junior LCF Member
 
MissyWyckoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dunnellon, FL
Posts: 4
Gallery: MissyWyckoff
Stats: 176/163.2/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: October 14, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Hi Missy!!

Good luck on your WI. You and I have similar goals - so I thought Id just shout out and say hi!!

See you around!
Hi Dreamwarrior! My WI last week was successful at 8 pounds down, tomorrow is the next one, not too confident about it tho.
MissyWyckoff is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #583
Senior LCF Member
 
luvlonghorns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 137
Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle91214 View Post
Thank you for the information! I am going right after work to buy some of those shakes!!

I do have the ketosis sticks, I guess I just forgot that they were called ketosis. What does is mean to be IN ketosis? Is that a certian range?
Your packet from your clinic should have detailed information regarding ketosis. For additional information, be sure to read the thread we have titled ketosis.

Ketosis
luvlonghorns is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #584
Junior LCF Member
 
anewstart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 54
Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Thanks everyone!!! It feels GREAT...! I cant wait to weigh in next week!
anewstart is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #585
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 28
Gallery: AZKim
Stats: 178/178/130
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 10/24/2010
Ok - I lost 10 lbs the first wk. I'm now on day 11 and the scale has barely budged....maybe down 1 lb. What's up with that. I know my loss will be less after the 1st week but I'm somewhat discouraged. I'd really like to see that marker move to below 180 - but it's just sitting there. :-(
AZKim is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #586
Senior LCF Member
 
luvlonghorns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 137
Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKim View Post
Ok - I lost 10 lbs the first wk. I'm now on day 11 and the scale has barely budged....maybe down 1 lb. What's up with that. I know my loss will be less after the 1st week but I'm somewhat discouraged. I'd really like to see that marker move to below 180 - but it's just sitting there. :-(
AZKim, it may be what you are/are not eating and drinking. First, make sure you are getting all of your protein calories and water in. Then, make sure you avoiding processed foods that can cause you to retain fluids. Third, sometimes fruit or specific veggies are the culprits. I was not allowed fruit my second week at all. Then, for most of the acute phase, I ate only protein and two full servings of vegetables instead of induging in fruit. The fruit (especially cherries and grapes) kept throwing me out of fat-burning ketosis. I know a good many others also had to treat fruit as an infrequent luxury during the acute phase. Specific veggies may be affecting this also - Susie found that cauliflower threw her out of ketosis, when she ate it, so she just avoided cauliflower. Make sure that you keep a very detailed journal to see if you (and your clinic) can figure it out. Finally, female hormones could be involved. They often are!
You're doing fabulously well, so don't get discouraged. Think, when is the last time you lost 10+/- pounds in an 11 day period? You're doing great!
Jane
luvlonghorns is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #587
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Gallery: RenDrop
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKim View Post
I cannot answer about not being in ketosis by day 4. I was. You should check with your clinic. But on the sugar free gum part, I continued and it doesn't seem to be a problem (orbit) I still lost 10 lbs the first week. So I'm going out on a limb to say that I think sugar free gum is ok.


Thanks, Kim! I was in ketosis this morning (day 5), so I'm not worried. Anyone else have advice/experience with sugarless gum and ketosis?
RenDrop is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #588
Senior LCF Member
 
luvlonghorns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 137
Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenDrop View Post
Thanks, Kim! I was in ketosis this morning (day 5), so I'm not worried. Anyone else have advice/experience with sugarless gum and ketosis?
I was not a gum chewer prior to MEDI, but started sometime in the first or second week of MEDI when my mouth began to taste and smell "off", probably because of the ketosis. Chewing the gum did not throw me out of ketosis, but I did limit myself to just 2 squares of sugar-free Dentyne Fire per day.
-Jane
luvlonghorns is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #589
Senior LCF Member
 
Rochelle91214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 81
Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Hello everyone! I have a question for the ladies! today is my first weigh in. Does menstration affect the scale? Of course I woke up this morning and there was my best friend! Is that going to change my weight loss? Let me know what you think!

Thank you!!!
Rochelle91214 is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #590
Senior LCF Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 331
Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle91214 View Post
Hello everyone! I have a question for the ladies! today is my first weigh in. Does menstration affect the scale? Of course I woke up this morning and there was my best friend! Is that going to change my weight loss? Let me know what you think!

Thank you!!!
Ugh! SAME THING WITH ME!! As a matter of fact, I got my TOM the day after I started (and it was a whole week earlier!)

I asked the nutritionist at my clinic and she said one has nothing to do with the other, just a coincidence. But I doubt that. Either way, I just took it a cleansing. My body will be free from stored up crap and I'll be less bloated for the first week WI. Good luck!
DreamWarrior is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 06:21 AM   #591
Senior LCF Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 331
Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Over the 500 Calories?

I keep going over on calories and its with stupid mistakes... wrong calculations and meat identification. For example, last night I ate Filet Minon and swore it was only worth 175 calories, well after I went to log everything down, I realized it was really worth 275! So, that put me over into 595. The day before I was at 595 as well, and the day before that I was at 655!!

I called the Nutritionist at my clinic and she said not to worry about it that as long as I was eating lean and drinking all my water I should be ok. She also told me to excersize, so last night I did 20 min. on the treadmill and burned 138 calories.

So, that's okay right?

What Im wondering is, did anyone else fluctuate with the calories and still see a significant weight loss? Or did I just jeapordize the "big week" loss?
__________________
DreamWarrior is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #592
Senior LCF Member
 
Rochelle91214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 81
Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
What does TOM mean?? Thank you for answering my question. I just didn't want it to affect my first WI! I'm so looking forward to it! 4:30 can't come fast enough!

And I'm sure you will be fine with going over your calories. As long as you exercised I don't see why it would be a big problem.
Rochelle91214 is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 331
Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle91214 View Post
What does TOM mean?? Thank you for answering my question. I just didn't want it to affect my first WI! I'm so looking forward to it! 4:30 can't come fast enough!

And I'm sure you will be fine with going over your calories. As long as you exercised I don't see why it would be a big problem.
TOM = Time of Month
DreamWarrior is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member
 
DreamWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 331
Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyWyckoff View Post
Hi Dreamwarrior! My WI last week was successful at 8 pounds down, tomorrow is the next one, not too confident about it tho.
Thats awesome, I cant wait unil Friday to see where Im at... let me know the totals are at your next WI.
DreamWarrior is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #595
Senior LCF Member
 
Rochelle91214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 81
Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Ohhh TOM makes sense! I didn't know the lingo haha! I will post when I leave and let everyone know how I did in week 1!! Good luck on Friday!!
Rochelle91214 is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #596
Senior LCF Member
 
Rochelle91214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 81
Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
I posted in the October thread too but I thought I would post here as well. I went for my first weigh in and I lost 6 pounds. I know that's in the "average" for weight loss in the first week but I am still really disappointed. I was really hoping for more than that. I hear people losing 10 or 11 pounds the first week. I weighed myself at home during the week and a few days ago it showed I was down 8.5. I'm just disappointed and I hope it gets better
Rochelle91214 is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #597
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 28
Gallery: AZKim
Stats: 178/178/130
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: 10/24/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle91214 View Post
I posted in the October thread too but I thought I would post here as well. I went for my first weigh in and I lost 6 pounds. I know that's in the "average" for weight loss in the first week but I am still really disappointed. I was really hoping for more than that. I hear people losing 10 or 11 pounds the first week. I weighed myself at home during the week and a few days ago it showed I was down 8.5. I'm just disappointed and I hope it gets better
I was feeling this way yesterday. But today my scale showed more loss and so I ate my words. We gotta keep it in perspective. How many diets have you tried where you lost 6 lbs in one week? I bet none. Just stick with it and keep trying. It will happen.
AZKim is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #598
Major LCF Poster!
 
SDC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,421
Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKim View Post
I was feeling this way yesterday. But today my scale showed more loss and so I ate my words. We gotta keep it in perspective. How many diets have you tried where you lost 6 lbs in one week? I bet none. Just stick with it and keep trying. It will happen.
This is exactly why they discourage you from weighing everyday.
SDC2 is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 06:51 AM   #599
Senior LCF Member
 
Rochelle91214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 81
Gallery: Rochelle91214
Stats: 207/176/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 23, 2009-Restarted on July 7, 2010
Well I didn't weigh everyday. I weighed myself the morning of Day 1 and yesterday morning (Day 7). I am keeping track of both my own scale and the Medi scale just for my own piece of mind.
Rochelle91214 is offline  
Old 10-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #600
Junior LCF Member
 
Sunny_FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 21
Gallery: Sunny_FL
Stats: 5'2" 157/142/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 2009
Rochelle,

Also remember it is your TOM... that always makes you at least a pound or two heavier b/c of retention, at least it does for me, and I always have a really good week after TOM. Next week you are going to have a great week just stick with it!
Sunny_FL is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.