Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: claudiaalr
Stats: 163/152/140
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: March 27, 2009
I went to the clinic for the first time yesterday and started today. Funny thing, I went shopping with my list of what I can eat the first week, for the whole week, and still used the express lane, less than 10 items... That was a little scary! But I am glad I found this thread, it helps a lot. Especially since there is so much to absorb at the beginning. I'll ask some questions later, got to go now.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffery's girl
Stats: 219.4/189/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: February 09,2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiaalr View Post
I went to the clinic for the first time yesterday and started today. Funny thing, I went shopping with my list of what I can eat the first week, for the whole week, and still used the express lane, less than 10 items... That was a little scary! But I am glad I found this thread, it helps a lot. Especially since there is so much to absorb at the beginning. I'll ask some questions later, got to go now.

Don't forget your College Inn Chicken or Beef broth. It kept me from getting a headache the first week! Now it helps when I just want to sip on something warm.
Sherrie
Old 03-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cokomo
Considering mediweightloss

I am considering joining a mediweightloss clinic. I am scared to because I am going on a cruise in two months and probably will not be able (or want to) stick to a diet plan. I have tried southbeach in the past and as soon as I added fruits and vegetables back in the weight came back on quickly and then some. How hard is the maintenance phase of this program?
Old 03-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: orlando2002
Stats: 217/177/160
WOE: Medi Weight loss clinic
Start Date: 3/11/09
cokomo, you add fruits and vegetables in the second week of the Medi Plan.

I have no idea how hard is the maintenance of the program, since I started 2 1/2 weeks ago.

I am going on a Cruise on June too, but one person here, gave me a great tip, as soon as you steep into the cruise, that to the person in charge of the kitchen and let them know you are in a low carb, low fat diet and they will adjust your dinner.

Let see what happens ...
Old 03-28-2009, 10:22 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

How much weight have you lost in 2 1/2 weeks and how hard has it been? Do you have much energy because i don't see how 500 calories gives you much to go on. Also has the company stated what percentage of people keep the weight off. It seems that once you started eating even 1500 calories a day the weight would come back quickly.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

I lost 7 pounds first week and 4.5 the second week, total of 11.5 pounds in two weeks. I am in the middle of the third week and I can feel I have lost more ... but I have to wait until Tuesday for the weigh-in. I fell great eating the 500-600 calories, I have a lot of energy, maybe is because of the shots.

When you are in maintenance they will let you know how much calories you can eat to mantain your weight.

I have no idea the percentage of people keeping the weight off. I believe that's depends on each person. If you start eating like you did before the program, I am sure you will get back all the pounds you lost and some more.

In this program, they will teach you portion control, break bad habits, be more active and choose heathly foods. I guess is our choice to take it or leave it ....

Good luck

Last edited by orlando2002; 03-28-2009 at 10:35 PM..
Old 03-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Thanks. I've just failed so many times before and I currently weigh more than ever (even when I was pregnant). I'm don't want to sign up and find out it is not something i can live with so i am really researching things online. This is the only chat site i've found. It helps to get info from others doing the program.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Cokomo, I have tried every single diet and plan in the earth .... you name it ... I did it

I even went to a very similar program but I failed. Also, I have tried LA, WW, Nutrisystem, Atkins, South Beach, all the pills on the internet, every single home made recipe, etc ...

For any reason, this time it is working .... I am sticking to the program and I am seeing results ....

My husband says it is the first time he seems me doing a diet program to a T ....I am proud of myself and I fell great!

This is not the best financial time for me, but when I went to my primary doctor on January and they found I have high blook pressure, insulin resistance, high colestherol and triglycerids, I said ... Ok, is NOW or never .... Maybe that's was my wake up call!

The MEDI clinic is located close to my house and I drive by everysingle day. Each time I was at the traffic light, I looked at it and thought .... oh no! I am not going to try this ... I have tried too many things ... but, I was curious and I looked on the internet about the program. When I saw the program is a very low calorie diet, plus all the pills .. I tought .. it is the same thing I tried before at other place (not the same MEDI), but each day, I kept seeing that place ... until I decided to give it a try ... even if I was not totally convinced ....

I was at my heaviest weight too ... not any more
Old 03-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ash347
WOE: Medi
Start Date: March 20,09
question!

im on week two.. and i want something sweet so bad..
any suggestions??
Thanks!!
Ashley
Old 03-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

I am on day 3, and I don't feel so bad anymore, no headache, finally! I haven't taken the appetite pills, I don't get that hungry, so I feel fine without them. I hope this is not a vital part of the program. I have been sticking to the 500 calories, and it gets a little easier every day.

One question, I love coffee in the mornings, but I usually drank it with a little milk, I don't like it black. Is there anything, a creamer or something, we can use the first week?

Thanks, Jeffrey's girl, for reminding me about the broth, I'll get it next time I'm at the store.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Ash, I found this grapefruit diet soda called Diet Hansen's soda. It's calorie free, no sugar and no carbs. It's pretty sweet and it tastes good, you may want to try it. I think it comes in other flavors as well.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CurleyQ
Stats: 260/220/160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 3/22/09
[QUOTE=claudiaalr;11763242]I am on day 3, and I don't feel so bad anymore, no headache, finally! I haven't taken the appetite pills, I don't get that hungry, so I feel fine without them. I hope this is not a vital part of the program. I have been sticking to the 500 calories, and it gets a little easier every day.

One question, I love coffee in the mornings, but I usually drank it with a little milk, I don't like it black. Is there anything, a creamer or something, we can use the first week?

Thanks, Jeffrey's girl, for reminding me about the broth, I'll get it next time I'm at the store.[/QUOTE

You can use 1TB Sugar free Coffee Mate creamer in your coffee, but that is about it.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Ash, have you tried the cottage cheese with splenda? I mix 1/2 cup of ff cottage cheese, 1 strawberry sliced and 2 packets of splenda, mix it well and it is sweet and refreshing ...I love it!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbie0216
Stats: 163/130/126
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: March12,2009
Back Pain

Hi,
I have been on the Medi Plan for 3 weeks now. For the past 2 weeks I have been getting lower back pain. Sometimes it is mild other times it is more painful. I am wondering if the diet could be effecting my kidney.

Did anyone ever has a problem or hear about this. I am think maybe my carbs will have to be increased.

Anyway I have my appointment today at 3:00 and should get some answers.
In the meantime I am just a little bit nervous.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:17 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Hi Debbie,
I can't answer your question because I am newer than you, but I have a question for you. This is my first week, and I also started at 163 (although my goal is more modest than yours, I'll be happy at 140...). How much weight did you lose the first week?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbie0216
Stats: 163/130/126
Start Date: March12,2009
Weight Loss

Hi, On my first week I lost 9 pounds. I already feel a difference. I just hope the low carbs for me is not a problem because I really like this diet. The first week was hell now I have no problem with it.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Well, at least you have your appointment today and you can get some answers. Let us know what they say...Good luck!
Old 03-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DML0813
Hi All

Very happy I found this forum. I went to the clinic Friday and started the program Saturday. Past two days haven't been bad at all. I feel great and actually feel like I'm eating more than I did before I started the program.

Have a couple of questions - after the first month, what is a reasonable expectation for weekly weight loss?

When I had my appointment, they mentioned one of the shots or medications would change the color of my urine. Was this the B1/B6 shot?

I know it's difficult for many people to drink all of the water on the plan. What I'm finding is that not only is it very easy for me to drink the recommended water and I'm probably exceeding it significantly. Any problem drinking too much water?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sarunr11
Stats: 175/161/140/131
Start Date: April 1, 2009
Today is my first day

I am a little concerned with making sure I get 500 calories in.. I had one egg for breakfast and 1/4 c of cottage cheese for lunch. I am really good at drinking water so that is not a concern.
I see lots of posts on making sure you eat enough. Any suggestions to keep me on track the first week, yet eat enough?
This site is amazing and I can't wait to read more and let everyone know how my first week goes.
Thanks so much
Old 04-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
If you are keeping a journal of what you are eating, that should keep you on track pretty well. As far as liquid, I often exceed the 128 and have had no issues. However, I work out 4 days a week, and walk every day, so that may be why.

It truly depends on how much weight you are planning to lose. If you are medically obese and have a great deal to lose, you may lose more per week than someone who is trying to lose 20-30 lbs. A reasonable expectation is 2-3 lbs per week. That is a safe and healthy amount to lose, and along with exercise will keep your body toned and strong. Some will lose more, some will lose less, it depends on your body type.

The other important thing to keep in mind is that this program is a total lifestyle change. You will be changing the way to look at food and deal with food on a daily basis. There is a great deal of behavior modification that comes as a result of this program. It is not designed as a quick fix or temporary measure. It is making a commitment to a major lifestyle change.

The materials given to you at your first visit will answer most of your questions, and your clinic can answer more if you have them. Call them if you need to. And you will find many helpful tips within the threads in this forum.

Congratulations on choosing the program. It does work.

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 04-01-2009 at 12:42 PM..
Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2three
Stats: 194
WOE: Medifast
Start Date: April 1, 2009
I am brand new and starting today. My husband has had 23 lbs of success and truly I do not believe that ANYTHING will work for me. I know that this attitude is NOT what I need, but I wanted to be honest. I only hope to gain some inspiration from you all....you seem to be an amazing group!

Jennifer
Old 04-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mathteacher
Stats: 207.5/159/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 2-2-08
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2three View Post
I am brand new and starting today. My husband has had 23 lbs of success and truly I do not believe that ANYTHING will work for me. I know that this attitude is NOT what I need, but I wanted to be honest. I only hope to gain some inspiration from you all....you seem to be an amazing group!

Jennifer

At one point in time I thought I would be heavy for the rest of my life. Two months ago, I would never have believed I would be down 30 lbs in 8 weeks. I feel amazing and have truly made a lifestyle change. You have to be determined for this to be successful.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:05 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sybs
Stats: 220/190ish/150
WOE: Lower carb
Hi all...I'm not quite a newbie yet, I'm actually still researching to see if this is something I want to invest in. I've tried a LOT of things in the past and I can't seem to get lower than the 180s. I'm not sure how much I weigh right now because I got so frustrated with the scale I stopped weighing. Amazing how those 3 little numbers can have such a profound effect on me! I workout so hard and attempt to eat very well and I seem to just be maintaining when I believe I should be losing.

So I want to see if there is anyone out there that has lost all the weight they wanted and is in a maintenance phase. How do you eat? How do you feel without the shots, etc?

I'll keep browsing and reading and researching. I'm not 100% sold that this is the way to go just yet...I'm about 85% tho
Old 04-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Oh yea, I also wanted to know what a 500 calorie a day diet would look like...I went to ****** and did the calculations and its looks like 7 oz of chicken or 6 3oz pouches of tuna...not much.

I'm gonna go fill out my profile now so ya'll know more about me
Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
sybs, I can relate to what you are saying. However, I decided the week of Christmas that I was going to give myself a gift. I called and began Medi. So far I have lost almost 50 pounds in 16 weeks. It has been worth every dime. I am only 9 pounds away from maintenance.

As far as the 500 calories, it has been easy. The 500 calories are protein calories. After week one, you add either 2 cups of specific veggies or 1 cup veggies and 1 cup of selected fruit.

I typically save my veggies for dinner and that way I can usually eat something along with my family.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Thanks kbhayward! I really want to do this as I've tried everything in the past and I can't seem to bust that 180s barrier. I've been bigger all my life and I'm just ready to see some real changes!

Do you workout a lot? How painful are the shots? When the guy on the phone told me there'd be shots I was like NO WAY!...but if it helps I'd be willing to get them...at this point any info is good info!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kbhayward
Stats: 193/165.5/150
Start Date: restart 3/30/12
I walk occasionally and I do the Wii Fit every day for about 15 - 20 minutes. As far as the shots, there are two. However, after the first week, the 2nd shot is an additional fee. I only get the one shot each week and it does not hurt. Many times, I do not even realize that they have done it.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

I've been doing Crossfit for about 2 months now and eating not so great. Some days I workout 2 times and still I'm maintaining. I start out strong, then get on the scale and the numbers don't move and I get frustrated and then go get some spicy hot cheetos It's my M.O. thats GOTTA stop. I know that when I start seeing some fast results I'll be VERY motivated. Failure breeds contempt...thats the one reason I put my scale away!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

No one seems to post here, but everyone keeps saying to come here LOL...anyhow...I've made my appointment for Monday the 20th @ 3pm. Any advice? Should I start cutting back on caffeine and carbs now? I think I will just because I don't want to do the whole headache business.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ryanryan
Stats: 230/159/140
WOE: MediWeightloss
Start Date: 04/08/09
I am on day 6 of week one. Easter weekend was Hard! I have been sooo hungry and tired. They started me on the lowest dose of app suppressant twice daily. They don't seem to do much for me and leave me stranded at night. Nighttime is my worst snack time of the day. I am thinking I need to request a 3 day higher dose for next week. The worst part of this week was the lack of diet coke. I broke down yesterday and got some caffeine free/calorie free soda. It really helped. The headaches are gone now...yeah!
Closed Thread