Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #511
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissyWyckoff
Stats: 176/163.2/130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: October 14, 2009
Hi all, I am new here and to the program. I am going to be on day 5 tomorrow and doing well so far. I actually found a really good protein shake for those of you looking for one. It is Jillian Michaels, I like the chocolate. It only has 100 cals, 2g fat, 7g carbs, AND 15g protein. Anyway it has less cals and carbs then most out there. Try it out, good and cheap at WalMart I think it was $10 for 14 servings.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
I just want to clarify - I'm really not trying to find a way AROUND the Medi way. When I'm asking questions, believe me, it's because I have read and reread all of the materials and scoured the internet for information as well. I'm trying to find things that ARE Medi-ok, not ways around it. The popcorn was kind of a common sense question that I just had a DUH moment on. As soon as someone said we can't have corn I thought "DUH". Sorry for the stupid question - I had a moment. And I'm pretty sure I'll have many, many more. This is a whole new world for me and honestly, I don't feel that I've been equiped with the amount of knowledge on this subject that I'd like to have. I'm a knowledge junkie and the thin packet I got at my first visit didn't begin to answer the questions I have! I thought there was no better place than to ask than here! Sorry if I ruffled any feathers!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityDiva View Post
I just want to clarify - I'm really not trying to find a way AROUND the Medi way. When I'm asking questions, believe me, it's because I have read and reread all of the materials and scoured the internet for information as well. I'm trying to find things that ARE Medi-ok, not ways around it. The popcorn was kind of a common sense question that I just had a DUH moment on. As soon as someone said we can't have corn I thought "DUH". Sorry for the stupid question - I had a moment. And I'm pretty sure I'll have many, many more. This is a whole new world for me and honestly, I don't feel that I've been equiped with the amount of knowledge on this subject that I'd like to have. I'm a knowledge junkie and the thin packet I got at my first visit didn't begin to answer the questions I have! I thought there was no better place than to ask than here! Sorry if I ruffled any feathers!!!
No ruffled feathers, we are just trying to help you and are maybe a tad bit sensitive. For those of us who have been here for a while, there is the temptation to try and find an easy way out, and justification to cheat. We care about your outcome and want to nip it in the bud, so to speak. Success comes from following the program 100%.

Susie
Old 10-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #514
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewstart
Stats: 218.8/160.5/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Hi everyone! Well I just left my 1st appointment at the Ballantyne site and Im excited to be starting this new journey, I am however, not looking forward to week 1 or "He*&" week as it was described to me... I plan on starting in the morning as I need to go to the grocery store and get my "approved" foods.. its great to be here and it looks like there is alot of support to be had!!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #515
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Chyna12
My start date is October 30th

Hello everyone,

Today I went the medi weight loss clinic for my free consultation. They offerd me 25 dollers off the 268 to start. I am super excited to start. I will keep you all posted. Wish me luck! I am nervous and excited all in one bundle.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carolina_Girl
Stats: 206.6/179.6/135 ish~
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 9-11-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewstart View Post
Hi everyone! Well I just left my 1st appointment at the Ballantyne site and Im excited to be starting this new journey, I am however, not looking forward to week 1 or "He*&" week as it was described to me... I plan on starting in the morning as I need to go to the grocery store and get my "approved" foods.. its great to be here and it looks like there is alot of support to be had!!
Good luck to you. I go to the Ballantyne clinic as well. EVERYONE there is so nice and helpful as well as caring. Yes, your first week will be the hardest. Just take it one day at a time You CAN do it!! Good luck to ya!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

anewstart - I go to Ballantyne as well and I'm so happy to "meet" you! Week 1 will be tough but muscle through it. It will be so worth it at that first weigh in!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
anewstart - I go to Ballantyne as well and I'm so happy to "meet" you! Week 1 will be tough but muscle through it. It will be so worth it at that first weigh in!!!
WTG girl on your week 2 WI!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #519
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissyWyckoff
Stats: 176/163.2/130
Start Date: October 14, 2009
Can't Wait!

Okay so I have my WI tomorrow for the first time! I am excited and nervous. :blush: Don't want to disappoint anyone who knows I am doing this! But a quick question, when, if ever, do we get to drink milk again? I'd give anything for even a sugar FREE chocolate milk! LOL

BTW, my name is Missy and I'm in FL. Looking to drop about 40 lbs and wanting to do so in two months. I can't afford anymore then that anyway!
Old 10-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #520
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rebecca1902
Stats: 350/255/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01.08.1993
Hey Carolina Medi Girls!!!! I go to the Northlakes office. I absolutely love the staff there. I have been going to Medi for since April and I love it. The support that you get is the greatest. I have taken several weeks off trying to go it on my own. I miss seeing the staff every week. I have plateaued and feel that I need to restart to break it. I must say it has really helped me out getting online here and reading the message boards and finding new recipes and helpful hints. It has helped out more than you know....Thanks to everyone for their posts....they are very enlightening to read as well. I wish everyone luck with their next weigh in.....
Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca1902 View Post
Hey Carolina Medi Girls!!!! I go to the Northlakes office. I absolutely love the staff there. I have been going to Medi for since April and I love it. The support that you get is the greatest. I have taken several weeks off trying to go it on my own. I miss seeing the staff every week. I have plateaued and feel that I need to restart to break it. I must say it has really helped me out getting online here and reading the message boards and finding new recipes and helpful hints. It has helped out more than you know....Thanks to everyone for their posts....they are very enlightening to read as well. I wish everyone luck with their next weigh in.....
Hey there! Just curious on how much you have lost since April. Too bad you go to the Ballanytne clinic so we could meet ya. This board has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #522
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cabrsa26
Stats: 234/194/145
Hi Everyone!
This is my first time posting, but I just wanted to say that I was very inspired by everyone's success. I read and reread and when I got tired of reading I decided to go for it. I went for my initial appointment yesterday and I have to say that I feel super motivated. Today was not as hard as I expected. I am trying to find high protein vegetarian options that have low carbs... Does anyone know what the carb limit intake should be during week one? I was told to eat eggs and cottage cheese, but even those have carbs. Is there a threshold?

My goal is to lose anywhere from 76 - 108 pounds. I am just very excited as I have never been anywhere close to slim in my entire teen/adult life. I have no idea what it will feel like to wear any close smaller than a size 14.

Wishing everyone continued weightloss success!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #523
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AZKim
Stats: 178/178/130
Start Date: 10/24/2010
:blush: ummm - anyone have issues with constipation? Tomorrow is my 5th day. I'm doing well....focused. But I'm about to go out and buy some miralax or something.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #524
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MediInDallas
Stats: 205/179/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: September 22nd, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrsa26 View Post
Hi Everyone!
This is my first time posting, but I just wanted to say that I was very inspired by everyone's success. I read and reread and when I got tired of reading I decided to go for it. I went for my initial appointment yesterday and I have to say that I feel super motivated. Today was not as hard as I expected. I am trying to find high protein vegetarian options that have low carbs... Does anyone know what the carb limit intake should be during week one? I was told to eat eggs and cottage cheese, but even those have carbs. Is there a threshold?

My goal is to lose anywhere from 76 - 108 pounds. I am just very excited as I have never been anywhere close to slim in my entire teen/adult life. I have no idea what it will feel like to wear any close smaller than a size 14.

Wishing everyone continued weightloss success!
I think there is no carbs first week. The only aprove carbs are in the Medi Bar and Medi shake. Starting second week you can have one cup of veg and one cup of fruit. The intake should be less than 20 crbs a day.
I could be wrong.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #525
Junior LCF Member

Candy and Jennifer.. thanks for the welcome... perhaps we ll run into each other on our journey at the Ballantyne center.... day 1 down.. it went well.. but when it was time to eat .. it was TIME to eat! lol.... hoping the headaches stay at bay tomorrow..

Cabrsa 26 welcome!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:07 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKim View Post
:blush: ummm - anyone have issues with constipation? Tomorrow is my 5th day. I'm doing well....focused. But I'm about to go out and buy some miralax or something.
In the beginning I had this problem. I bought fiber caplets and take four a day with my evening supplements at dinner time. Works great!! You can also sprinkle flax seeds on your salad or blend them in a protein shake.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Quote:
Candy and Jennifer.. thanks for the welcome... perhaps we ll run into each other on our journey at the Ballantyne center.... day 1 down.. it went well.. but when it was time to eat .. it was TIME to eat! lol.... hoping the headaches stay at bay tomorrow..

Cabrsa 26 welcome!
I suffer from migraines and had headaches the first two or three weeks. It's your body flushing all the toxins out. It does get better especially if you are doing some light exercise like walking.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyWyckoff View Post
Okay so I have my WI tomorrow for the first time! I am excited and nervous. :blush: Don't want to disappoint anyone who knows I am doing this! But a quick question, when, if ever, do we get to drink milk again? I'd give anything for even a sugar FREE chocolate milk! LOL

BTW, my name is Missy and I'm in FL. Looking to drop about 40 lbs and wanting to do so in two months. I can't afford anymore then that anyway!
Hi Missy!!

Good luck on your WI. You and I have similar goals - so I thought Id just shout out and say hi!!

See you around!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:10 AM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Cabrsa 26 welcome!
Once you get the first week behind you, you will feel better. The low sodium chicken broth helped me tremendously the 3-7 days. I had headaches too, and they will lessen after the first week. Good luck!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

This is it!!

Im soo nervous!! I called and made my appointment. My first day will be this Friday (23 Oct 09). Im really nervous but excited at the same time.

Can't wait to officially be on Team Medi!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Dream Warrior!!! I'm glad you decided to take the plunge!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome Dream Warrior!!! I'm glad you decided to take the plunge!
Thank you, Im bitting my nails.

Hey, just a thought, but anyone do anything sinister the day before they decided to join medi?

Like, did anyone go on a plunge and get drunk or have cake or their favorite food or anything like that?

Im curious to know... because Im thinking about going to happy hour! LOL!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shanlock
Stats: 5'7" 257/219.4/200 is 2nd mini-goal
Start Date: September 29, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post

Hey, just a thought, but anyone do anything sinister the day before they decided to join medi?

Like, did anyone go on a plunge and get drunk or have cake or their favorite food or anything like that?

My husband and I really enjoy eating out so we pretty much went out to eat every day the weekend before I started. We went to my favorite places. I was really ready to start after that! However, be careful with going TOO overboard because the first week is really hard and it will probably make you feel worse! I know for me, days 2-5 were really rough. I felt very weak and had headaches.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:

Oh yes! I went out and had lots of fun and went to dinner a few times the week before I started!

So glad you joined! We will be cheering you on! Oh and I am from Morris County, NJ too!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CAgirl
Stats: 315/285/165
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Sept. 2009
Quote:
Im soo nervous!! I called and made my appointment. My first day will be this Friday (23 Oct 09). Im really nervous but excited at the same time.

Can't wait to officially be on Team Medi!
good luck and congratulations! you'll do great!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

You'll love it DreamWarrior!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #537
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy_d View Post
I suffer from migraines and had headaches the first two or three weeks. It's your body flushing all the toxins out. It does get better especially if you are doing some light exercise like walking.
Thanks Tracy... so far so good... i had a mild headache last night but took advil and hit the hay.... nothing today so far.. i feel great... have alot more energy.. could it be the vitamins?? Havent started exercising yet .. just too busy this week!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #538
Junior LCF Member

Welcome Dream Warrior !!!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyWyckoff View Post

You will definitely be able to have milk. It just counts toward both your protein calories and your carbohydrates. There are lower calorie and carbohydrate milks that most of us who have been on MEDI longer, some of us to maintenance already, have adopted instead of whole, 2% or skim milk.

Two dairy products are Calorie Countdown made by Hood. The 2% Reduced Fat version has 90 calories and 3 carbs per cup. The skim Fat Free version has only 45 calories and 3 carbs per cup. Both contain 8 grams of protein per cup. I find this at Kroger. The company web site can direct you to retailers in your area.

The other milk that you should try, if you have not already, is Almond Breeze. I prefer its rich flavor & texture to dairy now. Unsweetened Original and Unsweetened Vanilla each have 40 calories, 2 carbs, 1 fiber and 1 protein per cup. Unsweetened Chocolate has 45 calories, 3 carbs, 1 fiber and 2 grams of protein per cup. Quite delicious - and found everywhere. Made by Blue Diamond (the nut company).

You can have your milk and make it chocolate too!

Good luck with week one. Remember, it's only one week. There is light the end of the tunnel, and your results will prove to you that following the week one plan to a "T" is well worth it!

-Jane
Old 10-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlonghorns View Post
The other milk that you should try, if you have not already, is Almond Breeze. I prefer its rich flavor & texture to dairy now. Unsweetened Original and Unsweetened Vanilla each have 40 calories, 2 carbs, 1 fiber and 1 protein per cup. Unsweetened Chocolate has 45 calories, 3 carbs, 1 fiber and 2 grams of protein per cup. Quite delicious - and found everywhere. Made by Blue Diamond (the nut company).

You can have your milk and make it chocolate too!

-Jane
Jane,

Well said. I add Truvia to the unsweetened chocolate almond breeze and it is amazing. Love it! I've never tried to heat it, but it would probably make a great hot chocolate with a squirt of whip cream. Yum! Bring on the cold weather so I can enjoy hot chocolate.
Closed Thread