Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carolina_Girl
Stats: 206.6/179.6/135 ish~
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 9-11-09
The first week I did use a cheap food scale I got at WalMart. Now I have been using the serving sizes and such with my lunch meats to keep up with my ounce portions. I'm sure there are people that weigh everything, just whatever works for you. Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
My clinic gave me a scale with my starter pack that works just fine. DH bought me a digital one that I like just as well but really, they both work. I wouldn't but one just yet until you check out the free one.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Ok, thanks. The clinic I went to didnt mention a scale included in the introduction price, but it could have been easily overlooked.

Shanlock - that scale is intense! Pretty cool features that I can see it coming in very handy.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shanlock
Stats: 5'7" 257/219.4/200 is 2nd mini-goal
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: September 29, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Ok, thanks. The clinic I went to didnt mention a scale included in the introduction price, but it could have been easily overlooked.

Shanlock - that scale is intense! Pretty cool features that I can see it coming in very handy.
lol! yes it is a little intense, but very easy to use. i bought it with some wedding gift cards/money that we had, otherwise i might have looked for a less expensive scale. i didn't get a scale at my clinic either. i like how i can put a bowl or plate on the scale before i turn it on and then add what i want to measure and it doesn't include the weight of the bowl or plate. i know a lot of other scales do this as well though.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
I havent started the program yet, but I was curious to know if you own food scales to help with the portions?

If so, which ones do you recommend?

Sorry if this was posted before, but I did a search and came up empty handed. If there is a prior post, just let me know and Id be happy to go there.

Thanks!!
Yes, I also use a scale. Mine is a Salter too, but not the cool, pimped-out one that Shanlock uses. Mine has a raised platform a plate or bowl can sit on without blocking my view of the backlit LED display.
My clinic in Dallas does not provide or sell a scale, so I would not automatically assume that you will receive one at your clinic either. That may just be something that Jessica's clinic does for their patients.
-Jane
Old 10-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #486
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: noelcrane
Stats: 215/209.5/130
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 10/12/2009
Ok, here's my first post! Feel free to direct me if this isn't the place to post it.

My sister and many of her co-workers have had great success with Medi. We do not have a clinic w/in driving distance of us, but I started the basics of the plan in February. I stuck with it for several weeks and saw success and gave up drinking Mountain Dew (my biggest weakness). I don't really know what happened with my eating plan...just stopped trying, I guess and now I find myself back here ready to go.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to have found this board. Seriously! It's already helped and answered lots of questions for me. I am taking vitamin supplements along with an AS that my doctor ok'd. He just wants me to lose weight so really trying anything is fine with him.

I have tried lots of other diets and I think Medi-Weightloss is awesome. I've visited several local clinics (not Medi) and none seem to compare to the Medi clinics. Anyway, it's great to be here and I'll be starting day 1 on Monday.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #487
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AZKim
Stats: 178/178/130
Start Date: 10/24/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanlock View Post
lol! yes it is a little intense, but very easy to use. i bought it with some wedding gift cards/money that we had, otherwise i might have looked for a less expensive scale. i didn't get a scale at my clinic either. i like how i can put a bowl or plate on the scale before i turn it on and then add what i want to measure and it doesn't include the weight of the bowl or plate. i know a lot of other scales do this as well though.
What an awesome looking scale! I wonder how it discounts the weight of the bowls or plates you put on it? I have a simple digital one with a plastic bowl that sits ontop, so I guess they programmed it to discount the weight of the pastic bowl. But for one to discount the weight of any bowl or plate....now that is just dang cool! Not to mention the other features. Now I know what to ask my hubby for at Xmas.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:09 AM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carolina_Girl
Stats: 206.6/179.6/135 ish~
Start Date: 9-11-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelcrane View Post
Ok, here's my first post! Feel free to direct me if this isn't the place to post it.

My sister and many of her co-workers have had great success with Medi. We do not have a clinic w/in driving distance of us, but I started the basics of the plan in February. I stuck with it for several weeks and saw success and gave up drinking Mountain Dew (my biggest weakness). I don't really know what happened with my eating plan...just stopped trying, I guess and now I find myself back here ready to go.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to have found this board. Seriously! It's already helped and answered lots of questions for me. I am taking vitamin supplements along with an AS that my doctor ok'd. He just wants me to lose weight so really trying anything is fine with him.

I have tried lots of other diets and I think Medi-Weightloss is awesome. I've visited several local clinics (not Medi) and none seem to compare to the Medi clinics. Anyway, it's great to be here and I'll be starting day 1 on Monday.
Good luck to you! It really does work!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:06 AM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelcrane View Post

Good morning, Teri,
And welcome! Although not many, we do have some other people on this board who have no clinic nearby and are still attempting to do the MEDI program. I'm sure you know from your sister that the MEDI program is excellent, but that it is not an easy program to follow without the counseling, adjustments, and other supporting elements in addition to the diet plan itself. It's advantageous that your sister has been on MEDI and that your doctor is willing to prescribe the AS to help you during the acute phase. Will your doctor also monitor your progress? Will your doctor be giving you any shots or do you plan to use oral supplements? Do you or your doctor have a scale that will monitor changes in fat & water in addition to total body weight? Has or will your sister share the details of her plan and her handouts with you? All of these, along with ideas and support you can find here will be helpful to you in your journey. Good luck, Teri!
-Jane
Old 10-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKim View Post
What an awesome looking scale! I wonder how it discounts the weight of the bowls or plates you put on it? I have a simple digital one with a plastic bowl that sits ontop, so I guess they programmed it to discount the weight of the pastic bowl. But for one to discount the weight of any bowl or plate....now that is just dang cool! Not to mention the other features. Now I know what to ask my hubby for at Xmas.
Yes! It is a feature that I really love! There is a ZERO button that zeros out the scale. So if I put a bowl on it, it weighs the bowl and then when I press zero, it takes the amount to zero. Then I can add some spinach and weigh my spinach and then hit ZERO, then add something else to my salad and then zero that out. It's great that I don't have to weigh each and every item individually and dirty up a bunch of dishes in the process. It's really awesome!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanlock View Post
Yes! It is a feature that I really love! There is a ZERO button that zeros out the scale. So if I put a bowl on it, it weighs the bowl and then when I press zero, it takes the amount to zero. Then I can add some spinach and weigh my spinach and then hit ZERO, then add something else to my salad and then zero that out. It's great that I don't have to weigh each and every item individually and dirty up a bunch of dishes in the process. It's really awesome!
My Salter Scale does that also - be sure that any scale you select has the feature that allows you to zero out and add the next item without removing your plate or bowl. It makes things so simple and so much more accurate. My Salter Model No. 1038 will weigh items up to 11 pounds and was less expensive, but does not have the computerized list of common foods. That's a very neat feature.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlonghorns View Post
For everyone, especially the newbies,
On the Today Show, on national television, Ann Curry just now politely rejected Paula Deen's offer of the coffee cake that Paula had just prepared. Ann told Paula that she was sorry but that she was carb free.
We need not feel pressured. We need not be embarrassed to only take in that which will help us in our mission. Heck, Ann Curry is skinny - and now we know how she stays that way! Don't be shy or embarrassed about doing what's best for YOU!
-Jane
I thought about this over the weekend when dealing with my daughter and MIL's birthday cakes! Thanks for posting it - it is so helpful to see people putting this into action! I'm proud of Ann for doing that and I bet she doesn't miss that piece of cake a bit!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #493
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone. I am starting a program very similar to yours - I think this is the place for me to be. I have soooo much to lose - but my health issues are starting to even overshadow my issues with just size alone. The time to do this is NOW. I have read a lot of this thread and I am as inspired as I have been in some time. Thanks for putting yourselves out there like this. I hope to be joining you full-force by 10/19... Keep up the good work, Cris
PS: If anyone else is just starting or recenly started and wants a "buddy," please send me a private message!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #494
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: allbrobower
Stats: 157/143/125
Start Date: 10/6/09
Hello. I wanted to post my week one results. Yesterday was my second appt. I lost 8 pounds the first week.

I had a pretty easy week. I had issues sleeping the first couple of days on the appetite suppressants, but now I am back to sleeping like a baby.

The Vita-supers do make me feel nauseous if I take them on an empty stomach, so I just make sure not to do that anymore :-)

Excited about eating veggies this week and getting snacks 3X a week.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by allbrobower View Post
Hello. I wanted to post my week one results. Yesterday was my second appt. I lost 8 pounds the first week.

I had a pretty easy week. I had issues sleeping the first couple of days on the appetite suppressants, but now I am back to sleeping like a baby.

The Vita-supers do make me feel nauseous if I take them on an empty stomach, so I just make sure not to do that anymore :-)

Congrats!!! That is great!!! Enjoy the veggies and check out the recipe stickys! They are great!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

8 pounds is awesome! Congratulations! I had my first weigh-in on Monday, so you and I are on the same track! I never thought I'd be SO excited about eating vegetables! WOO HOO! Good luck this week - keep me posted!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Hi Everyone. I am starting a program very similar to yours - I think this is the place for me to be. I have soooo much to lose - but my health issues are starting to even overshadow my issues with just size alone. The time to do this is NOW. I have read a lot of this thread and I am as inspired as I have been in some time. Thanks for putting yourselves out there like this. I hope to be joining you full-force by 10/19... Keep up the good work, Cris
PS: If anyone else is just starting or recenly started and wants a "buddy," please send me a private message!
Hey there! I just started Medi and I am pretty psyched about it! 10.19 is Monday, so you don't have long!! It's a whole new life, but in a totally awesome way! Good luck!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I've got a newbie question - what's up with popcorn? Can we eat it? There doesn't seem to be anything bad about it, but I'm sure there's something lurking in there that I can't have - just because it's so good!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #499
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shroppy
Stats: 265/210/150
WOE: atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2011
Hi Everyone!
I just started the MWL plan yesterday and was AMAZED at how much I weighed. I had a baby 6 months ago and had avoided scales since giving birth. I gained 15 lbs since having her! Sitting on my butt with a baby probably didn't help

Now that I am no longer breastfeeding I'm ready to fix my life, this has gotten out of hand. The first week has been hard, but reading all of these success stories has made it a bit easier.

The hardest thing for me is snacking. I'm home all day with mya daughter and I need to learn to turn the snack machine off. I get bored and decide to eat. I've stuck with it for the first 2 days and so far have a headache and low energy, but I'm sure that's from the carb withdrawals. I was a carb and wine fanatic.

I have tried dieting with plans 3 times before and am now at my heaviest. It's horrible. I can't give up this time! Looking forward to getting to know everyone and receiving support. I can't quit!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityDiva View Post
Ok, I've got a newbie question - what's up with popcorn? Can we eat it? There doesn't seem to be anything bad about it, but I'm sure there's something lurking in there that I can't have - just because it's so good!!!
My understanding is that popcorn is pure carbs and a no no. How about celery with a light laughing cow cheese wedge instead, or a few cocoa almonds? Avoid salty snacks unless you know you can stop with a single serving. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroppy View Post
Hi Everyone!
I just started the MWL plan yesterday and was AMAZED at how much I weighed. I had a baby 6 months ago and had avoided scales since giving birth. I gained 15 lbs since having her! Sitting on my butt with a baby probably didn't help

Now that I am no longer breastfeeding I'm ready to fix my life, this has gotten out of hand. The first week has been hard, but reading all of these success stories has made it a bit easier.

The hardest thing for me is snacking. I'm home all day with mya daughter and I need to learn to turn the snack machine off. I get bored and decide to eat. I've stuck with it for the first 2 days and so far have a headache and low energy, but I'm sure that's from the carb withdrawals. I was a carb and wine fanatic.

I have tried dieting with plans 3 times before and am now at my heaviest. It's horrible. I can't give up this time! Looking forward to getting to know everyone and receiving support. I can't quit!
, you have found a great supportive site. Please read the first few pages of this thread, then come over to the October thread. Then, once you complete week 1, be sure to check out the recipe threads. The recipes are what keep this WOE interesting and makes it doable.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
My understanding is that popcorn is pure carbs and a no no. How about celery with a light laughing cow cheese wedge instead, or a few cocoa almonds? Avoid salty snacks unless you know you can stop with a single serving. Just my 2 cents.
I agree Susie. Watch out for the almonds too, a little bit is a lot of calories. Stick with celery, lettuce, cucumbers or even a protein shake would be better calories than popcorn. The carbs would be very bad.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #503
Senior LCF Member

I knew it had to be something!!! It tastes just too good LOL!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Wow, that's an incredible loss, considering your starting point - you're already 25% of your way to your goal weight. Did you notice that? Congratulations!
-Jane
Old 10-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
BTW, corn is not allowed period in any form. It's not just popcorn. So, whenever something is not listed in the back of our journals under allowed foods listings, it's not allowed, period.
Also, just from my limited experience, this program was made easy for me because I always carry the little black journal wherever I go, to the grocery, restaurant, wherever. I take it out and refer to the list in the back of the journal when shopping or looking at a menu or reading and looking for recipes.
If a food is not listed in the journal, it's best to pass on it completely instead of trying to figure a way in which it may be construed as acceptable. There are plenty of allowed foods listed. I'm sure that MEDI would make a point to include in their list any foods which they thought could be of benefit to us on our journey. MEDI want us to succeed and be happy and to go out and show and tell others!
Adhering to the lists and the handouts and recipes provided to us by MEDI and our clinics just makes the program simpler, more "doable" and more successful. It's awfully easy to get sidetracked looking for ways around the limits. We've all been there and done that before. That's why we've turned to MEDI. Blinders are what we need this time - along with our supplements, shots, AS and counseling. MEDI is the program that works, so best let go of control issues and work the program as it is provided!
That's just my experience...
-Jane
Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #506
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommyoft3
Stats: 239/218/150
Start Date: Oct 14 2009
Hi, I just started yesterday and so I am on day two. I have found that seasonings are going to be my saving grace this week. I have found alot that have no calories or anything but flavor.
Does anyone know what causes the headaches? and what can be done for it.
any advice or help on week one would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoft3 View Post
Hi, I just started yesterday and so I am on day two. I have found that seasonings are going to be my saving grace this week. I have found alot that have no calories or anything but flavor.
Hi! I am just now on week 3. I had a lot of headaches through about day 4 or 5. Sometimes I took some ibuprofen but that doesn't usually do too much for me. I think headache is just a withdrawal symptom from not getting carbs. If you haven't felt this way yet, you will probably start to feel really weak too. Just know that we have all been through the headaches and the weakness, but it will pass! Once you get through that part, you will feel fine!
Old 10-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoft3 View Post
A lot of headaches are caused by caffeine withdrawal. Some from just the body's reaction to less carbs and sugar. The headaches should dissipate within the first week.

Jo
Old 10-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #509
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Medi-Annie
Stats: 219/137/140
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Start Date: 8/11/09
Quote:
As far as I know popcorn (just like corn) is off the menu for us. How about a few pork rinds instead?
Old 10-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I agree with Jane. READ YOUR MATERIALS thoroughly and your journal as well. There is no point in spending all the money for this spectacular program if the only thing you want to do is find a way around the program rules and protocols.

And...popcorn is a flat out giant NO NO. There are plenty of choices, if you are willing to look for them, that are flavorful and allowed. Strike out in new directions instead of running all the old tapes and trying to find a way to make the old tapes fit into the MWL program. If that was a possibility, you would have already lost all that weight, and it would not be an issue.

Jo
Closed Thread