Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shanlock
Stats: 5'7" 257/219.4/200 is 2nd mini-goal
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: September 29, 2009
I will be going to my first appointment on Monday. I've been looking at the products online (shakes, protein bars, and supplements) and was wondering if anyone can give me the low down on them. I'm just trying to figure out what is going to best help me and which ones I can do without. If anyone knows any prices of the products, that would be great too! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanlock View Post
I will be going to my first appointment on Monday. I've been looking at the products online (shakes, protein bars, and supplements) and was wondering if anyone can give me the low down on them. I'm just trying to figure out what is going to best help me and which ones I can do without. If anyone knows any prices of the products, that would be great too! Thanks!
Shanlock,

to you and all the Newbies! You have picked an amazing program.

I'm not sure how much they cost, but I would use those things sparingly and for convenience. You get so much more bang for your buck when you eat real, freshly prepared foods. Plus you learn how to eat real food. This is not a diet with diet bars and diet protein drinks, but a Way of Life, WOL, WOE.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Shanlock,

to you and all the Newbies! You have picked an amazing program.

I'm not sure how much they cost, but I would use those things sparingly and for convenience. You get so much more bang for your buck when you eat real, freshly prepared foods. Plus you learn how to eat real food. This is not a diet with diet bars and diet protein drinks, but a Way of Life, WOL, WOE.
Hey Susie!

Thanks for your response and the welcome! I'm definitely glad that I found this forum.

I totally agree with you about the food. I guess I was wondering more about the supplements and vitamins. I know that it is important to get all the right nutrients but was wondering if you buy them at the clinic or if you buy similar vitamins and supplements and the drug store or what???

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey Susie!

Thanks for your response and the welcome! I'm definitely glad that I found this forum.

I totally agree with you about the food. I guess I was wondering more about the supplements and vitamins. I know that it is important to get all the right nutrients but was wondering if you buy them at the clinic or if you buy similar vitamins and supplements and the drug store or what???

Thanks!
Week 1 they will provide a multi-vitamin, calcium, fat burner, a vitamin B12 injection, and a B1/B6 injection (which burns). After the first month only the vitamins and B12 shot are included. Many of us buy a green tea fat burner at Costco. The multi-vitamin they provided is especially designed for the program and is recommended.

They will give you a packet of information. Read it and re-read it. Keep it in a convenient place for reference.

Please let us know how the visit goes, if you have any questions, or if you need help getting through week 1.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carolina_Girl
Stats: 206.6/179.6/135 ish~
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 9-11-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAgirl View Post
i go to the Ballantyne clinic as well!
What days do you usually go?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Susie, I will definitely let you know how it goes the first week!

Once you get to the maintenance phase, how often do you visit the clinic?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #427
Junior LCF Member

Location: I live in Gastonia, NC about 20 miles outside of Charlotte, NC
Gallery: Nattyho
Stats: 199.5/195.5/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: September 21, 2009
Hi CAgirl and Carolina Girl, looks like I've got some neighbors on here. I live in Gastonia (don't hold it against me) But I just started and went to the South Park office. Wonderful people! Just wanted to give a shout out.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Susie, I will definitely let you know how it goes the first week!

Once you get to the maintenance phase, how often do you visit the clinic?
I go once a month, but it is completely up to you. I don't think McBoo goes at all anymore, but he has been on maintenance much longer. I have been on maintenance for 3 months.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #429
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MediInDallas
Stats: 205/179/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: September 22nd, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlonghorns View Post
Welcome, Andy, fellow Dallasite! Do you go to the Richardson location too?
Don't be surprised that the diet has been easy. This diet is clear, simple and easy for those who choose to commit to follow it as it is (not so easy for those who try to work their way "around" the straightforward structure). For someone who has never dieted before, you picked the right one the first time!
Good luck, and don't forget to join us and post over on the September thread.
- Jane
I do go to the one in Richardson. Today was the 3rd day and I feel wonderful. This was my first time going to play 18 holes of golf and I was worried that I would get weak but it was actually reverse.

I had my 160C breakfast before hitting out and packed me two bags of snacks one was 100C Medi bar and the other was 80c Beef Jerky. I snacked on those throughout the 4.5 hours round and 54Oz of water. It was just perfect.

Andy

Last edited by MediInDallas; 09-24-2009 at 01:39 PM..
Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattyho View Post
Hi CAgirl and Carolina Girl, looks like I've got some neighbors on here. I live in Gastonia (don't hold it against me) But I just started and went to the South Park office. Wonderful people! Just wanted to give a shout out.
Natalie
I go to that one too. I really like the staff there! best of luck to you...and we won't hold the Gastonia thing against you! I went to college at Belmont Abbey actually so I am very familiar with Gastonia!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #431
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katew1129 View Post
Natalie
I go to that one too. I really like the staff there! best of luck to you...and we won't hold the Gastonia thing against you! I went to college at Belmont Abbey actually so I am very familiar with Gastonia!
Thanks Kate, it's really not that bad of an area. Maybe I'll run into you one day. I'll be there on Wednesday at 8:30am for my first weigh in.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CAgirl
Stats: 315/285/165
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Sept. 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_Girl View Post
What days do you usually go?
Fridays.......
Old 09-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CAgirl
Stats: 315/285/165
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Sept. 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattyho View Post
hey! i'm not too far from you..in Clover/Lake Wylie.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #434
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MediInDallas
Stats: 205/179/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: September 22nd, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Welcome Andy

Your attitude equals success!!!! Good luck on your first week and it does get easier. You will feel amazing! Post often!

Robyn
Thank you Robyn.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:17 AM   #435
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I go once a month, but it is completely up to you. I don't think McBoo goes at all anymore, but he has been on maintenance much longer. I have been on maintenance for 3 months.
Susie,

You are right. I don't go to the clinic anymore. I have been on maintainance since December 2008.

McBoo
Old 09-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #436
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAgirl View Post
hey! i'm not too far from you..in Clover/Lake Wylie.
Nope! Just over the river and through the woods.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #437
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sarah H.
Stats: 255.5/235/200
Start Date: 9/26/09
Hi all! Just started on Saturday after 1st appt. on Friday. So far, not too bad...no real cravings and no dire hunger. I am only at the end of day 2, but tested ketosis earlier this afternoon. I was pretty sure I was there based on a sickly-sweet taste in my mouth...one I've had in ketosis before. Mid-day two and already moderate ketosis, so I guess that's good.
I've wanted to do Medi for over a year, but just now felt like I could spare the money. I have PCOS, am IR, and have fatty liver disease, so I hope this will help with those conditions.
Anway, just wanted to introduce myself and not be a lurker any more.
Sarah
Old 09-28-2009, 06:35 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah H. View Post
Hi all! Just started on Saturday after 1st appt. on Friday. So far, not too bad...no real cravings and no dire hunger. I am only at the end of day 2, but tested ketosis earlier this afternoon. I was pretty sure I was there based on a sickly-sweet taste in my mouth...one I've had in ketosis before. Mid-day two and already moderate ketosis, so I guess that's good.
I've wanted to do Medi for over a year, but just now felt like I could spare the money. I have PCOS, am IR, and have fatty liver disease, so I hope this will help with those conditions.
Anway, just wanted to introduce myself and not be a lurker any more.
Sarah
Hi Sarah! Thanks for joining us and can't wait to hear about your success!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:49 AM   #439
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wench
Stats: 190/175/145
WOE: Medi-Weight Loss
Hi ladies...Today is day 6 for me. This board looks great, I look forward to learning alot from those who have gone before.

On a side note, Harris Teeter has $2 off the 32 oz. College Inn broth with the VIC card from Sept. 30 through Oct. 6!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench View Post
Hi ladies...Today is day 6 for me. This board looks great, I look forward to learning alot from those who have gone before.

On a side note, Harris Teeter has $2 off the 32 oz. College Inn broth with the VIC card from Sept. 30 through Oct. 6!
Welcome Hope the week is going well for you! Looking forward to hearing about your success!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 AM   #441
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GinaV
Stats: 243/222/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/21/09
I meant to get back and post my first weigh in right after my appt, but better late than never I guess - I weighed this past Monday and was down 9.4 my first week. I actually was alittle disappointed - I cheated at home and weighed myself and I thought it was going to be over 10 lbs - but everyone at the clinic was extremely encouraging and said I had a fantastic first week. Week two so far has been great. Headaches seem to be tapering off and I got back veggies!! I don't think I have ever been so excited to eat a salad in my whole life! I also have gotten some fantastic ideas from everyone here - I tried a great one this morning - for breakfast I had celery stuffed with a wedge of the Laughing Cow cheese - it was heavenly and only 35 calories (since celery is a freebie).

CAGirl and Carolina Girl - I have my appts at Ballantyne on Fridays too! We probably have passed each other and didn't realize it! Hope to see you there!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #442
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaV View Post
I meant to get back and post my first weigh in right after my appt, but better late than never I guess - I weighed this past Monday and was down 9.4 my first week. I actually was alittle disappointed - I cheated at home and weighed myself and I thought it was going to be over 10 lbs - but everyone at the clinic was extremely encouraging and said I had a fantastic first week. Week two so far has been great. Headaches seem to be tapering off and I got back veggies!! I don't think I have ever been so excited to eat a salad in my whole life! I also have gotten some fantastic ideas from everyone here - I tried a great one this morning - for breakfast I had celery stuffed with a wedge of the Laughing Cow cheese - it was heavenly and only 35 calories (since celery is a freebie).

CAGirl and Carolina Girl - I have my appts at Ballantyne on Fridays too! We probably have passed each other and didn't realize it! Hope to see you there!
Once again there are no freebies on the WOE. If it goes in your mouth you need to count it.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Large Stalk (11) - 2 stalks is about 1 cup

Amount per Serving
Calories 10 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 50mg 2%
Potassium 161mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 2g
Protein 0g 0%
Vitamin A5%
Vitamin C3%
Calcium0%
Iron2%
Vitamin E0%
Vitamin K30%
Thiamin (B1)0%
Riboflavin (B2)2%
Niacin (B3)0%
Vitamin B62%
Folic Acid (Folate)5%
Vitamin B120%
Magnesium3%
Panthothenic Acid1%
Zinc0%
Copper1%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 0.0% Carbs 80.0%
Protein 0.0%

McBoo

Before and after Pics
http://www.slide.com/profile?puid=UY...S8QcfBRFZvgCG0

"Born right the first time"
"BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER"
"CANCER SUCKS"
Old 09-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carolina_Girl
Stats: 206.6/179.6/135 ish~
Start Date: 9-11-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaV View Post

I will be there Friday @ 1015am
Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #444
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GinaV
Stats: 243/222/135
Start Date: 9/21/09
Thanks for the info - the Medi clinic that I attend said that I only needed to track my protein calories. They gave me a list of acceptable condiments and said that I could have 2 servings of vegetables (or 1 veggie/1 fruit) and gave me a list of acceptable veggies and fruits and their serving sizes. They also said that iceburg lettuce and celery were freebies. I certainly didn't take that to mean that I could/should eat it all day, everyday. Sorry for the confusion.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
GinaV

Follow what you clinic has told you. Each clinic is a bit different. Of course you will eat your celery and iceberg within reason! Good luck and keep posting!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babyboyst
Stats: 5'11" 238/165/180???
Start Date: April 1st, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench View Post

Welcome to the board, I look forward to seeing your results after your first weigh in tomorrow!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #447
Junior LCF Member

I had a little sneak peek at my weight today, we'll see how true it holds. I've been rather sick the last couple of weeks and went to the doctor today...of course, they weighed me. With clothes on, I was down 7 pounds so I'm hoping it's around 9 tomorrow .
Old 09-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #448
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: deeya
Stats: 236.5/217/160
Start Date: September 30, 2009
Day 1 - Going Good

Hi y'all... I posted an intro in the September thread but thought I would comment in here too... I over half way through Day 1... have had some headaches, but I expected that so I was prepared.. have been spreading my calories out, but eating when I start feeling hungry.. and so far so good and I have plenty of calories left to get through the night so that makes me happy... I have to do some more cooking tonight as I don't want to end up unprepared..

Congrats to all of you who have finished week 1 and done so well... your numbers are really encouraging..

Denise
Old 10-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #449
Junior LCF Member

Well I went for my second visit today..I lost 8.5 pounds in the first week..yay! Pretty good considering I've been rather sick and had to go out of town (meaning I had to eat on the road, greasy hamburger patties, etc. but never went over calorie count).
Old 10-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #450
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: deeya
Stats: 236.5/217/160
Start Date: September 30, 2009
Great Job

Way to go Wench... 8.5 pounds is so great... don't you feel like you are off to a wonderful start??

I'm finishing up day 2 on the plan... trying not to weigh in at home (I'm a scale addict when I'm dieting)... I've done fine with the plan so far.. figuring out how much I need in the morning to keep from getting hungry.. but still spreading out my calories so I have enough at night..

I've got a friend on the plan too.. she started 2 weeks before me so she is a great support..

Now I just have to dread the shot tomorrow.. I hate needles..

Denise
Closed Thread