Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Here is the link to the new September thread!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...eightloss.html

Jo

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carolina_Girl
Stats: 206.6/179.6/135 ish~
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 9-11-09
Another newbie here from NC

Hey ya'll! Yep, another newbie here. I have not actually started the Medi Weightloss program yet, but have been researching it all weekend and will be making my first appointment this week. I have been reading all the treads here and have found so much helpful info to help me before my first visit and with what to expect. A little about me. My name is Candy and I live in Monroe, NC about 25 minutes South of Charlotte. I will be going to the Ballantyne office. I am 38 yrs old, wife of 18 yrs and mother of 2 children ages 16 yrs and 13 yrs. I work parttime and am VERY excited about learning more on my first visit (once I make the appointment) to individualize the program for me. I have been carrying around 70 lbs of extra weight since the birth of my first child for 16 yrs. No excuses other than lack of sticking with a program. I know I need to make a lifestyle change, and have no problem forseeing to do so. I just want to be able to see great results early so I can stick with it. I noticed that you can either choose to take injections and appetite supressants or not. Any advice on which may be best? I do seem to always crave sweets and other things I really should not eat too much of, so maybe the suppressant should be what I should chose? I LOVE reading all the inspirations here as well as any tricks to the trade for this program. I am so glad I stumbled upon this site and cannot wait to get an appointment after I make my phone call tomorrow. I look forward to learning much more here and making new friends.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #363
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2BHealthy15
Stats: 226/213.5/160
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 8/28/09
Carolina Girl,

I'm only on day 11, but I must say this is the easiest program I have ever "started", I have yet to succeed in a program. But I don't feel that this is a "program", it is a WOE (way of eating).

Some helpful hints I found on this site:

Headache/hunger - about 3/4 cup of chicken broth - watch your labels. Crystal light hydrations will also help, and the calories are MUCH better than the carb withdrawl headache.
Sweet tooth - cottage cheese with a little splenda and cinnamon. Which is also great for breakfast.
MWL bars or shakes - only 1 per day! They didn't tell me that at the clinic.
Brownie craving NOT IN WEEK ONE - fix a cup of International Coffees Suisse Mocha (Sugar Free, Decafinated). Will be great for cold mornings.
Turkey sausage links - with a little bit of walden farms maple syrup
Turkey pepperoni - microwaved to the point they are crispy
rotisserie chicken - (no skin!)
lean ground beef burgers - with some mustard, add pickles/mushrooms/onions starting week 2.
Hard boiled eggslittle high in calories (75) ...but you can remove the yolk and have those (only 17.5 calories for the white)
eggbeaters aren't terrible, and good sometimes dinner.

For breakfast I would scramble egg whites with some cottage cheese (for more fluff) and then add hot sauce, not salsa. I would put it in a plastic throw away cup and once I got to work I would eat it b4 going in, since you have to wait to eat after taking the AS, this helped with my timing.

Good Luck...you won't need it though. This is fun!

Toni
Old 09-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the insight Toni. I hope I will be able to get an appointment quickly. I am looking forward to results like everyone else. Do you take shots as well? Do them help or no?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #365
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2BHealthy15
Stats: 226/213.5/160
Start Date: 8/28/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_Girl View Post
Thanks for the insight Toni. I hope I will be able to get an appointment quickly. I am looking forward to results like everyone else. Do you take shots as well? Do them help or no?
I have a unique situation. I am a nurse and I am only able to go to the clinic once/week bcuz they are only open mon-thurs. So, I have chosen to get the extra injection, I feel that I need to take advantage of everything. And yes, I think the injections help alot. And from what I have read on this site (which is my favorite past-time now), everyone agrees with the shots, especially in the beginning. I think some have chosen not to get them later on down the road.

Since you haven't started yet, take some time to go thru the recipes and make a grocery list. Most you will only be able to use starting week 2, but it's best to have a plan. Make sure you have some Splenda on hand. I also bought some SF, Caffiene free, everything free rootbeer and cream soda for a sweet fix. I've never liked diet drinks in the past, but after week one they don't taste diet at all

You CAN do it! If I can YOU CAN!
Old 09-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Thanks again Toni! As for diet drinks, I can drink them on occasion. My hubby is diabetic and has been for 4 yrs now, so that is the only type of soft drinks we buy. I drink bottled water, not the drinks and I also drink sweet tea. The sweet tea will be hard to eliminate for me. I have already thought to take the the shots and at least try and see if them help any. I sure hope I can get in there this week! I am anxious to start! Looks like you are off to a good start! Keep up the great work!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Christina - chicken broth helped me a lot - wasn't chewy but it filled me up - I still use it when I feel like I want something and I don't really want to eat. Are you eating any cheese?
What if I cannot find the College Inn chicken broth here in the south? Do I just look for the least amount of a sodium one?
Old 09-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #368
CGT
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CGT
Stats: 189/151/140
Start Date: August 25, 2009
Diet Drinks

Hi Carolina,

Diet Snapple green tea is pretty good. The peach flavor tastes very much like sweet tea.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Hey ya'll! Yep, another newbie here. I have not actually started the Medi Weightloss program yet, but have been researching it all weekend and will be making my first appointment this week. I have been reading all the treads here and have found so much helpful info to help me before my first visit and with what to expect. A little about me. My name is Candy and I live in Monroe, NC about 25 minutes South of Charlotte. I will be going to the Ballantyne office. I am 38 yrs old, wife of 18 yrs and mother of 2 children ages 16 yrs and 13 yrs. I work parttime and am VERY excited about learning more on my first visit (once I make the appointment) to individualize the program for me. I have been carrying around 70 lbs of extra weight since the birth of my first child for 16 yrs. No excuses other than lack of sticking with a program. I know I need to make a lifestyle change, and have no problem forseeing to do so. I just want to be able to see great results early so I can stick with it. I noticed that you can either choose to take injections and appetite supressants or not. Any advice on which may be best? I do seem to always crave sweets and other things I really should not eat too much of, so maybe the suppressant should be what I should chose? I LOVE reading all the inspirations here as well as any tricks to the trade for this program. I am so glad I stumbled upon this site and cannot wait to get an appointment after I make my phone call tomorrow. I look forward to learning much more here and making new friends.
Welcome, Carolina Girl,
I just completed week 8 and take all shots and the appetite suppressant. I believe that with the time an money I'm investing, I should take advantage of every available aid to help me get to maintenance more quickly. At my clinic, the appetite suppressant and the 2 MIC (B-12/amino acid) shots per week are included in the $70/week, so why wouldn't I? (My clinic does not directly dispense the prescription, but pays for it at CVS.) I also take the somewhat painful Vitamin B1/B6 shot weekly for an additional $10. I am pleased with my results thus far - down 25 pounds in 8 weeks - that's definitely never happened for me prior to MEDI. Now, I'll have to keep working hard to eek out those last 10 pounds!
Also, if you are unable to locate the College Inn brand (as I could not), just check labels on other low sodium chicken broths. I found Pacific Low Sodium Organic Chicken Broth at Whole foods. It has only 40 calories in the entire 32 oz container. That works for me.
Also, know in advance, that the clinics usually take tests at your first appointment, including blood tests for which you should be fasting. So, you may prefer a morning appointment for that reason.
Good luck - and keep posting to let us know what's happening with you. You may want to come on over and join us on the September thread right away. That's where most of us post and read daily.
-Jane
Old 09-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~To our newbies~
Please listen to what Susie has referenced for you in her post above. She has said everything I would say to you. If you follow her tips, you WILL be successful. You simply have to realize that this ia a major lifestyle change, that you will most probably live this WOE for the rest of your life (which you can do WITHOUT deprivation). The program DOES work, and it WILL work as long as you make a 100% commitment to the program and to yourself. And do not forget the exercise.

Good luck to you!

Jo
Old 09-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
~To our newbies~
Please listen to what Susie has referenced for you in her post above. She has said everything I would say to you. If you follow her tips, you WILL be successful. You simply have to realize that this ia a major lifestyle change, that you will most probably live this WOE for the rest of your life (which you can do WITHOUT deprivation). The program DOES work, and it WILL work as long as you make a 100% commitment to the program and to yourself. And do not forget the exercise.

Good luck to you!

Jo
Newbies
I can't agree more with what Jo said. Please read Susie's post carefully. She has some awesome tips and took a lot of time to type them out. The people on this board are so generous with their encouragement and tips for a successful lifestyle change. Like Jo said definitely do not forget to exercise! Also, I can't remember if it is was in Susie's post but I encourage you to drink 1 Crystal Light Hydration each day. It has much needed electrolytes and they help with muscle cramps.
Best of luck to all of you and I can't wait to hear about all of your success!!
Kate
Old 09-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshyn141
Stats: 213.2/171.51/150
WOE: Medi Weight-Loss
Start Date: July 28, 2009
I sometimes have trouble finding variety in the Crystal Light Hydration flavors. So, another option is PowerAde Zero. The grape is REALLY good and has the extra sodium and potassium. But they have some other flavors too. Also - you can buy Smart Water, which has the electrolytes as well.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

WOW! That was my first response to the replies I just read. I have had a very busy day today and did not get to call the clinic today, but WILL be taking the number with me to call tomorrow. I CANNOT wait to start this new way of living and seeing the long awaited results I am dying to see. Thanks for all your kind words of wisdom and encouragement. The inspiring stories are really helping me get so excited that this is ALL I have thought about for 2 days. With 70ish pounds to lose I have never been so excited to begin something in my life! I will check back later tomorrow as I have another busy day ahead of me as well. Again, THANKS so much for the inspirations and encouragement as I feel that this will be the first day of the rest of my life- once I get that first visit! Have a great day tomorrow!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #375
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Connie’s girl
Stats: 196/ /160
WOE: medi weight loss
Start Date: 9/16/09
beginning tomorrow.

Hi everyone. Another newbie here! My biggest concern about this diet is salad dressing. I love salad but hate lowfat or fatfree dressings. (especially Walden Farms!). I usually make my own oil and vinegar vinagrettes. If I make it and put it into a *misto* will that make it ok to use? The only other ingredients are either mustard or garlic. This is really a major issue for me!Thanks.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Melody

In the first week, you will not be allowed salads, go to the newbie page and check out Susie's guide for the first week for more information. But starting the second week you can add 2 servings of Veggies which can be a salad. As long as you count the calories for your own dressing, you will be fine.

Welcome Newbies! Helpful info for week 1.

Good luck and read everything in the newbie section.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #377
Junior LCF Member

Thanks and hi! I do realize about the first week but before I join I want to be sure I will survive on the menu for the 3 months or so without cheating. I can only eat so many cooked veggies, you know? And it seems olive oil is sure alot of calories. I have been on many programs and since I just turned 50 the weight is not budging. This is the strictest diet I will have ever been on.

Last edited by Connie’s girl; 09-09-2009 at 11:09 AM..
Old 09-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
Miss Melody,
I make my own salad dressings all the time. Since Medi has helped me de-tox to an extent, I am really trying to focus on eating real and whole foods without the chemicals and additives of man-made foods (but I love crystal light and cool-whip (sugar free)! I am allowed a tbsp of olive oil every day, so I mix that with vinegar and it is wonderful. I also use salsa as a salad dressing at times. So yummy! You can get really creative with salad dressings and with marinades/rubs. This is very doable!

"Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom."
- Marilyn Ferguson
Old 09-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Hey there ya'll! I made my appointment for next Tuesday for my initial visit at 8am. I cannot wait! I am so excited. Now I have to go back through the threads to see what I need to do to prepare and get ready for beginning next week. I have such high hopes for this as it has been a LONG TIME COMING for me....some 16 yrs. I know I should not expect my weight to be what it was "pre" children, but I'm sure I can get close. So I am gonna hope for a 70 lbs, but will be happy with 60-65. Thanks for all the wisdom and encouragement. I look forward to taking my notes and trying to make it til Tuesday! The anxiety will be tough until then!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #380
Junior LCF Member

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMom View Post
Miss Melody,
I make my own salad dressings all the time. Since Medi has helped me de-tox to an extent, I am really trying to focus on eating real and whole foods without the chemicals and additives of man-made foods (but I love crystal light and cool-whip (sugar free)! I am allowed a tbsp of olive oil every day, so I mix that with vinegar and it is wonderful. I also use salsa as a salad dressing at times. So yummy! You can get really creative with salad dressings and with marinades/rubs. This is very doable!
I really needed to hear that. I cook alot and don't *do* alot of fake tasting condiments. But I have to admit I love cool whip and crystal light so this is a good thing!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #381
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JDM10
Stats: 187/147/130
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: Nov. 08/restart 9/9/09
Hi everyone, I just restarted the plan today and I found this site last evening and decided to join as there is a wealth of information and also seems to be a lot of support! I joined Medi last Nov. and lost 50 lbs!!! It is the best diet I've ever been on. I lost the weight pretty easily and felt wonderful the entire time. When I reached my goal I foolishly thought I'd save some money and "do it on my own"...well, the weight is beginning to creep back on without the weekly check-in's so I decided to get back on program before it got out of hand. I felt miserable when I was eating things I knew were bad for me...just kind of started to fall into old bad habits. So, I've actually lowered my goal by 10 lbs. and look forward to getting there soon and this time STAYING there! Reading the posts here and getting support, recipes and ideas while on maintenance will be a big help...what a wonderful site. Thanks to all of you for the great information and tips!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmelody76 View Post
I really needed to hear that. I cook alot and don't *do* alot of fake tasting condiments. But I have to admit I love cool whip and crystal light so this is a good thing!
I always order regular salad dressing on the side and dip my fork in at a 90 degree angle (an old weight watchers trick) which gives me just enough to still taste the fresh vegetables and enjoy the dressing. I usually barely make a dent in the container by the time I am through.

Susie
Old 09-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM10 View Post
Hi everyone, I just restarted the plan today and I found this site last evening and decided to join as there is a wealth of information and also seems to be a lot of support! I joined Medi last Nov. and lost 50 lbs!!! It is the best diet I've ever been on. I lost the weight pretty easily and felt wonderful the entire time. When I reached my goal I foolishly thought I'd save some money and "do it on my own"...well, the weight is beginning to creep back on without the weekly check-in's so I decided to get back on program before it got out of hand. I felt miserable when I was eating things I knew were bad for me...just kind of started to fall into old bad habits. So, I've actually lowered my goal by 10 lbs. and look forward to getting there soon and this time STAYING there! Reading the posts here and getting support, recipes and ideas while on maintenance will be a big help...what a wonderful site. Thanks to all of you for the great information and tips!
I commend you for coming back before it got out of control. I am on my 3rd month of maintenance and still going to the clinic once a month for the accountability. You affirm the importance of accountability. I am a lifetime member at Weight Watchers, so was thinking about going there once a month to stay accountable and save money. It is free if you are a lifetime member. I don't know if this is an option for you.

My other suggestion is to look through the recipes. They are truely amazing (and I'm not just referring to mine ) and have been what has kept me true to this program. I am finding that I can eat (in moderation) anything I want as long as I modify the recipe.

Congrats on admitting your setback before it got out of hand. That is humbling and a true victory!

Blessings
Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM10 View Post
I think maintaining is going to be the hardest part of this WOE as it is with all programs. It's not because of the program but us, thinking that we are there so we can now eat whatever we want and before you know it the weight creeps back. I decided a while back that I am going to go in once a week for the B-12 shot and the once a month weigh in. Hoping both of these keep me honest and to have the support from the office every time you go in makes me not want to fail them either. I have only been in the wellness phase for a month but when I weighed in yesterday everything was the same as last month. But I sure don't want to get lazy and let things get out of hand.
Welcome back and good luck, you know this program really really works.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 AM   #385
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
I always order regular salad dressing on the side and dip my fork in at a 90 degree angle (an old weight watchers trick) which gives me just enough to still taste the fresh vegetables and enjoy the dressing. I usually barely make a dent in the container by the time I am through.

Susie
OMG I always do that! I just thought maybe the sugar in the regular dressing would throw the whole thing off. (I'd rather have a tineful of the real thing than a cup of the fat free) Thanks!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #386
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome! For me losing the weight seems easier than keeping it off, so I still have some mental work to do! I am a lifetime member of WW, so maybe I will take your suggestion Susie and go there for the accountability. I feel so wonderful now in comparison to how sluggish and puffy I felt at 187, I truly never want to go back there! Congrats hudiman on remaining at your goal weight! You're so right about getting lazy and thinking I could do some cheating and somehow stay at the same weight...won't work! I will check out the recipes after I get thru my 4 days of 500 cal. of protein that they are having me do to get back in ketosis...it would make me way to hungry now...hahaha! Have a great day all!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Hey y'all! I had to change my next Tuesday initial appointment to in the morning at 930am. Now I AM SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NERVOUS!!!! Any pointers????
Old 09-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #388
Junior LCF Member

Hi Carolina Girl, No need to be nervous. The first week isn't so bad at all if you're able to use the appetite suppressants. Just take it a day at a time and come here with any questions. I just found this site and I wish I would have had it back when I started. They really have a wealth of great information and seem happy to answer questions and give support. Good luck...not that you need it as you'll do fine...it's a great program. I've tried a lot of different programs and this one worked the best for me by far! Let us know how your appointment goes!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Thanks and I sure hope this works for me. It has been over 16 yrs since I was happy with my weight. After my first child was born I have just never been able to get a good bit of the weight off to feel better, see results, and continue with it. This time I AM going to do it! Good luck to you as well.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks and I sure hope this works for me. It has been over 16 yrs since I was happy with my weight. After my first child was born I have just never been able to get a good bit of the weight off to feel better, see results, and continue with it. This time I AM going to do it! Good luck to you as well.
Channel all that nervousness into excitement and committment. You are on your way to making your weighloss dream come true. After just a few weeks on this program I knew I was going to be successful and I was. Just like you I carried the weight for 16 years after the birth of my 3rd son. I tried diet after diet and nothing worked. If you stay focuses and committed, this will work. You can not play games with the program.

I have to say, once you see the weight coming off it is very motivational and makes it easy to stay committed. In the past I would start playing games when I did not think the program was working. If you read through the main thread you will see poster after poster losing weight. What other program has that kind of success rate.

Susie
Closed Thread