Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Chelybell
Stats: 180.5/138/120
WOE: Medi Acute
Start Date: 07/01/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmerck View Post
Hi there im new and i am so glad i found this site!!! i am on 21 days now lost a total of 12lbs so far, i think i am doin fairly alright, i am struggling BUT HAVNT GIVEN IN with wanting pasta and some pizza, i am having a hard time thinking of different ways to cook food, i hate to cook, i have a hubby and a 5yr old that is picky, i hate seafood so my choices ALL the time are chicken and steak or ground beef (lean) im bored with the food, i tried the EAS i believe its called taste ookie and i gag when i drink it but i am trying my best, i will check out some of the recipes on here and i hope it helps me
Have you tried the tofu fettucinni/spaghetti noodles? They are actually pretty good. Most of the alfredo sauces only have 2 or 3 carbs per serving, too.

I have a recipe for chicken roll ups:

pound (beat) boneless/skinless chicken breast flat
sprinkle with pepper salt and garlic
add mozzarella cheese (light)
add fresh or frozen spinach
roll tight
wrap tightly in saran wrap so no water can get in
bring pot of water to boil and drop chicken in (put a plate on top of chicken so it stays submerged)
Poach until done
Unwrap and slice into pinwheels!

I haven't tried other stuff, but you could probably maek something similar to chicken cordon blue. Just be she to add up all of the ingredients for your journal.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #332
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Chelybell
Stats: 180.5/138/120
WOE: Medi Acute
Start Date: 07/01/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by katew1129 View Post
It is most definitely just training yourself (and for me, my mind) to resist the snacking...snacking with my daughter and snacking at work. My daughter eats cheeze-its (my fav) and all sorts of other things I love. I have not had any since I started for a few reasons. One of them being I need to lose this weight to be healthy and finally have the will power to do it! Second, Medi is expensive and I don't want it to be a waste of money. The third is what hudiman said. If you have the processed carbs you continue to crave them. I don't want those cravings back. At the beginning I was taking the AS 3x/day and it really helped! I no longer crave any of those snacks at all and feel so great!! I don't take the AS 3x/day anymore...usually 1 or 2 a day. Best of luck...you can do this!
What AS are you taking 3 times a day, the fat burner, or the Phentermine?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshyn141 View Post
The worst for me is when I'm relaxing at the end of the day after the kids have gone to bed. I'm so used to just sitting on the sofa with a bag of chips or some cookies or something. I want them SOOOO badly but I just keep telling myself that its all phsycological. And in reality, I don't actually feel hungry, I just feel like I should be eating them because thats what I'd normally be doing. I haven't slipped yet and am hoping not to, but I'm definately with you all that breaking these lifelong habits will not be an easy task. I'm rooting for you all!!
Have you tried 1oz of seed in sunflower seeds for 33 calories? Not only are they salty but working on getting them out of the shell while in your mouth takes time. 1 oz lasts a very long time- especially if you are watching tv! I drink so much water with them too!

Just thought this may help your late night habit!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #334
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dixierider
Stats: 220/211/150
WOE: Mediweight
Start Date: August 4, 2009
Just started and have some concerns

I'm new to Medi, just starting my second week. So far, so good. Lost 8.8 lb - 5.5 fat - in week one but only .5 fat %. I'm somwhat concerned about this. Shouldn't I have lost more %.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #335
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HopeJunction
Stats: 5'3" 198/182/128
WOE: Medi Clinic
Start Date: 08/14/09
Hello Everyone, after much research and reading through the message board here I decided to do the Medi Weightloss Program. I went to the Cape Coral, FL clinic with Dr. Domingo and he and his staff are great. Everyone had a smile on their face and made me feel so comfortable. I am so enthusiastic about starting tomorrow. Thank you to all of you for your great tips and recipes, I love the support everyone gives each other.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Welcome to our group HopeJunction. If you are comfortable with doing this please provide us your name and include your stats once you have them in profile information! Good luck tomorrow on your first visit and be sure to go to the Newbie page and READ everything. There is so much information in there and you will find a lot of it very very helpful.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #337
CGT
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CGT
Stats: 189/151/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 25, 2009
I will be starting with Medi on August 25th. I am concerned about strech marks and sagging skin. What has been your experience? Does anyone have any suggestions to try to avoid or minimize these.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hello and to the group.

Come on over to the main August thread, you will probably get far more responses over there.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...ight-loss.html

And at this point, I really would not be too concerned about stretch marks or sagging skin. The program emphasizes the importance of exercise, and with exercise, unless you have 100s of pounds to lose, these things should not be much of an issue. And trust me, I have lost 97 pounds and with exercise and weight training, I have no huge issues at all in this regard.

Jo
Old 08-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
CGT- Exercise after you finish week 1 and that will help a whole lot!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #340
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jdmerck
Stats: 244
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7-3-10
Heya Hope i too go to Dr Domingo in Cape Coral....been there a month now and i love it, your right the staff is awsome and they act like they are your friend, its awsome
Old 08-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #341
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: beachlovn
Stats: 191/183/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 8/25/09
Daily Fat Grams and other questions

Hello everyone! I am on day two and surprisingly feel great! I was surprised that I was in moderate ketosis last night and again this morning. I have been journaling and following the plan 100% (I'm always gung-ho in the beginning -- it's sticking to the plan that I always have problems with!LOL)... here's my question: are there a certian number of daily fat grams I should be trying to achieve or stay under? My clinic told me to stay under 10 carbs a day, but I can't find any specific reference in my paperwork to daily fat intake. I know in general everything should be lean protein, and I have done that, I think. Yesterday my totals were:
528.5 calories
8.5 Carbs
15 grams of fat (6 grams of which came from 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee, 2Tbs morning and night, which my clinic said was okay, but I have read differently on these boards???).

I am eating mostly shrimp, chick tenderloins, and deli ham (I did have a stick of light string cheese today too)... should I make any changes? Also, should I be concerned with sodium counts? The ham is low sodium, but I cooked the chicken tenderloins with a little lite soy sauce. I am checking off and drinking my water (at least 100oz each day).

I hope I am not setting myself up for disappointment, but I really want to see a big number at my first weigh in! I need the motivation!

Thanks for any answers and help you can provide. I have been so inspired by the posts on these boards!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlovn View Post
Hello everyone! I am on day two and surprisingly feel great! I was surprised that I was in moderate ketosis last night and again this morning. I have been journaling and following the plan 100% (I'm always gung-ho in the beginning -- it's sticking to the plan that I always have problems with!LOL)... here's my question: are there a certian number of daily fat grams I should be trying to achieve or stay under? My clinic told me to stay under 10 carbs a day, but I can't find any specific reference in my paperwork to daily fat intake. I know in general everything should be lean protein, and I have done that, I think. Yesterday my totals were:
528.5 calories
8.5 Carbs
15 grams of fat (6 grams of which came from 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee, 2Tbs morning and night, which my clinic said was okay, but I have read differently on these boards???).

I am eating mostly shrimp, chick tenderloins, and deli ham (I did have a stick of light string cheese today too)... should I make any changes? Also, should I be concerned with sodium counts? The ham is low sodium, but I cooked the chicken tenderloins with a little lite soy sauce. I am checking off and drinking my water (at least 100oz each day).

I hope I am not setting myself up for disappointment, but I really want to see a big number at my first weigh in! I need the motivation!

Thanks for any answers and help you can provide. I have been so inspired by the posts on these boards!
Glad you are feeling so good! Here is my take on a few things.
Carb Count - I try and keep my under 20g/day. Some days I go over and those are on days I work out because I have to incease my calories and carbs on those days to give me the energy

Fat grams - I don't have a set # I stay under but I try to eat mostly lean proteins so I am sure it is not high. About the 1/2 & 1/2....I have used this since I have been on the plan but only a couple of times. I switched my creamer to the Sugar Free coffee mate to save on the fat and calories. I really like it....you may want to look into one of those (just make sure it is the sugar free one)

Sodium - I would definitely watch your sodium intake. Even low sodium ham a decent amount of sodium in it as does lite soy sauce. You can retain water if you have too much sodium and that would be a shame if it slowed your weight loss in my opinion. I would find other things to cook your chicken in (a dash of olive oil and maybe some of the Mrs. Dash's seasonings - all of them are salt free).

I used the journals the clinic gave me at the beginning and then someone on this board introduced me to Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate I journal on here now and find it so much easier and a lot more accurate. I always know my calories, carbs, fat, sodium etc intake along with my exercise and calories burned. You may want to check that out.

Best of luck to you and can't wait to hear about all of your success!

Kate
Old 08-27-2009, 04:36 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Welcome Beachlovn

Looks like you are doing good. Follow what your clinic tells you. Each clinic has their own little rules. So when in question, follow your paperwork from your clinic.

Katie gave you some great advice. Most of us follow the under 20 g of carbs rule. As long as your calories are in the range set by your clinic, your fat grams should be fine.

As mentioned watch the sodium of processed foods. Many of us avoid processed foods because of the sodium and hidden sugars.

You are on a great plan and with 100 percent commitment you will see the pounds come off nicely.

One last thing - Make sure you drink 128 oz or 1 gallon of WATER a day. Not soda, tea, coffee but water. The other drinks are bonus. It is so important to drink the water. Also make sure you are exercising. Those who are successful are exercising daily.

Good luck and keep posting!

Robyn
Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlovn View Post
528.5 calories
8.5 Carbs

I just wanted to qualify what the others are saying about staying under 20 carbs. That is after week 1. Week 1 is mostly protein and minimal carbs. Your clinic should have given you materials as to what you can eat in week 1.

Susie
Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/203.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss w/o the pills and clinic
Start Date: 07/21/14
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop by quick to say I'm down 20 lbs. since July 30th. I'm doing this at home on my own as there is no clinic nearby. Just wanted to update everyone and say "hi". I haven't had much computer time lately. Take care.

Blessings,
Lisa
Old 08-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAinTN View Post
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop by quick to say I'm down 20 lbs. since July 30th. I'm doing this at home on my own as there is no clinic nearby. Just wanted to update everyone and say "hi". I haven't had much computer time lately. Take care.

Blessings,
Lisa
WOW! You're kickin' butt, Lisa, and in such a short time and without a center too! We definitely have others doing this without a center for that same reason. Be sure to come over and join us on the August thread so we can't count your loss in our August figures. Congrats!
-Jane
BTW, are you able to get the appetite suppressant from your physician, or are you doing this well without that also?
Old 08-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FarmGal
Stats: 218/203.8/150
WOE: Medi-Weightloss w/o the pills and clinic
Start Date: 07/21/14
Thank you luvlonghorns! And sorry! I forgot to post in the August thread. I knew better then that, but was in a hurry. lol :blush:

Anyway, yes, I'm doing it without any suppressants. When I start cutting carbs, by the end of the first day, my cravings are usually gone. The first few days of trying Medi on my own at home, I did eat about 100 extra calories to get through the day. I figured if I was totally miserable, I would give up, so I decided a few extra calories were better then quitting. I hope it continues along this well. This is exactly what I needed. A fast, painless weight loss. I don't have the patience for the 1 lb. a week kind of plans. lol

Blessings,
Lisa
Old 08-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #348
CGT
Junior LCF Member

500 Calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Welcome to your Medi weight loss journey and welcome to this forum. You've made a great decision by chosing this plan. If you read through some of the threads you will read many success stories. This is the plan that works.

I thought it would be helpful to give you some tips about week 1 from those of us who have made it through. Week 1 is the toughest week of the whole program, but many of us have made it happily through, so don't be discouraged. Once you see your week 1 weight loss you will be very encouraged and motivated. Please feel free to post any helpful tips or experiences you have had.

What to expect from week 1
Your body is going through a dramatic changes in week 1 and is going through excessive calorie and carb withdraw. You may experience headaches and weakness. This will go away, so hang in there. You may experience feeling jittery from the appetitite suppressants or even have trouble sleeping. Your clinic is the best place to ask about this. You may need to start your suppressants slowly. You will begin feeling better around your 5th day.

Survival Tips

1. Drink lots of noncaloric liquids. I personally think water is the best and try to drink 75 to 100 oz per day.

2. Be sure to eat all of your 500 protein calories. Eating less than this can put you into starvation mode and shut down your metabolism.

3. Do not eat veggies or fruit in the first week. After the first week look at your medi materials to see what veggies and fruits are allowable as not all are. Some veggies/fruits have to much starch/sugar and will throw you out of ketosis.

4. If you are hungry, get some College Inn low sodium chicken broth and drink it freely. A 32 oz carton only has 20 calories. It will help with the hunger.

5. Try to add variety to what you are eating. For breakfast make egg white or egg beater omelets with different ingredients such as canadian bacon, lean ham, turkey sausage, veggie slices or fat free cheese. Change it up.

6. I ate lots of cooked frozen shrimp, which I thawed and ate with a cocktail sauce I made out of 1 carb ketsup and horseradish. Shrimp is low calorie and you can eat a lot for the calories. Skinless grilled chicken, turkey, fish and crab are good choices too.

7. Read labels carefully. There are carbs in things you would never think of and stay in touch with the things you are allowed to have in week one.

8. Get some EAS Advantedge protein drinks. BJ's sells them by the case. They are 110 calories, 4 carbs, 2g fiber and 17g protein. Many have reported that they help with the headaches. Try to limit these to 1 per day as you need to eat solid food.

9. Be sure to take your calcium suppliments while you are in ketosis.

That is all I can think of for now. I invite others to share as well. I will post a grocery list that I came up with, but it includes items that are not allowed in week one. Be sure to visit the recipe thread after week one.

Good luck. You will do amazing!

Susie
Did you ever exceed the 500 calories? I am stil hungry.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGT View Post
Because I exercised regularly, my doctor started me on 700 calories per day. Drink lots of the chicken broth to help with the hunger and lots of water. The first week is the hardest.

Susie
Old 08-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
CGT, I know the feeling. I plateaued last week and am having to do the first week again to jump start my weight loss again. Hang in there - it is worth it. I lost 7 pounds my first week. Now that I have been redoing week 1, I am back in ketosis and know I'm losing. My problem is nausea along with hunger, meaning that all I want is saltines, etc. I have had chicken broth each of these days to help me through both the nausea and the hunger. It really helps. Also, you did not say, but are you taking the appetite suppressant? If not, it really helps too.
Also, know that you get to eat lots more food if you eat shrimp, tilapia, and chicken than if you eat beef or pork. Please take Susie's advice an get some broth in you - you will be pleased you did when you see your results!
Good luck!
-Jane

Last edited by luvlonghorns; 08-29-2009 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: sp.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #351
CGT
Junior LCF Member

Sore Throat

I am on induction week and I got a terrible sore throat. Has anyone experience this?
Old 08-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #352
CGT
Junior LCF Member

Apetite Suppresants

The Ap's are not doing much for me. In fact I am hungrier sooner. What is your dosage? They gave me 25MG 3 times a day.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The Ap's are not doing much for me. In fact I am hungrier sooner. What is your dosage? They gave me 25MG 3 times a day.
You should call your clinic and let them know. You might be able to have them alter your medication or they might have other suggestions. While I don't take them anymore, at one time they increased my dose.

Do you have a sore throat or extreme dry mouth? The AS can cause the dry mouth. For me, this just encouraged me to always be drinking water. Being in ketosis also affects how your mouth feels. Mention the sore throat to your clinic doctor as well. Make a list of concerns so you don't forget and either call them or bring them up on your next visit.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My clinic started me on three 35mg tablets a day. However, we increased that to four 35mg tablets a day right off the bat. My blood pressure has actually gone down while on these, so no problem with the meds or the increased dose. During PMS week, I take five 35mg tablets a day - my cravings are just crazy at that time!
Hang in there and be sure to discuss with your clinic the fact that you are still having cravings. That's no fun!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #355
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2BHealthy15
Stats: 226/213.5/160
Start Date: 8/28/09
Ok, so here I am. I am at the end of day 3; I've been lurking on this thread for the last two evenings. I am very excited about the support that is here and the vision of a healthier self in the very near future. My husband and I went to MWL together and are taking every step of this journey together, and I mean every step. We stand in the kitchen side-by-side taking our pills, planning the meal, and measuring. Thank goodness we have each others support.

Today was the first day I didn't have a headache; that was the worst ever. Other than that this has been so easy. Absolutely NO cravings so far! I even made my son nachos and didn't even think about a swiping a little cheese. I must say however, that the chicken broth definately helped with the headache and mild hunger. And the Crystal Light is my new best friend. I can't wait for my 1st weigh-in on Thursday!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:32 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BHealthy15 View Post
Ok, so here I am. I am at the end of day 3; I've been lurking on this thread for the last two evenings. I am very excited about the support that is here and the vision of a healthier self in the very near future. My husband and I went to MWL together and are taking every step of this journey together, and I mean every step. We stand in the kitchen side-by-side taking our pills, planning the meal, and measuring. Thank goodness we have each others support.

Today was the first day I didn't have a headache; that was the worst ever. Other than that this has been so easy. Absolutely NO cravings so far! I even made my son nachos and didn't even think about a swiping a little cheese. I must say however, that the chicken broth definately helped with the headache and mild hunger. And the Crystal Light is my new best friend. I can't wait for my 1st weigh-in on Thursday!
Welcome!! That is so wonderful your husband is doing it with you! It helps to have support at home! Looking forward to hearing all about your success!

oh and also, make sure to pick up some Crystal Light Hydration. It has much needed electrolytes in it!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:19 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BHealthy15 View Post

Welcome, fellow Dallasite! Do you & your hubby go to the Richardson or the Southlake MEDI office? We have one of each of us on this site. I go to the Richardson location and am having a very good experience so far. Please be sure to come on over to the Amazing August thread and join us there too!
-Jane
Old 08-31-2009, 12:06 PM   #358
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2BHealthy15
Stats: 226/213.5/160
Start Date: 8/28/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlonghorns View Post
Welcome, fellow Dallasite! Do you & your hubby go to the Richardson or the Southlake MEDI office? We have one of each of us on this site. I go to the Richardson location and am having a very good experience so far. Please be sure to come on over to the Amazing August thread and join us there too!
-Jane

We just started at the Richardson clinic; everyone seems to be really nice. I am really excited but very concerned, because of my work schedule and their limited hours, I will only be able to go in once a week which means one less injection. I am a nurse and work three 12-hour shifts during the week. Any suggestions about keeping my energy level up would be great.

Thanks,

Toni
Old 08-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Toni,
We have several nurses in this forum, and I am sure they will be able to give you some really good tips.

Come on over the to main August thread....for now and then the September thread once it is posted, for more replies!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/me...ight-loss.html

And to the group!

Jo
Old 08-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #360
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: daboyzmomi3
Stats: 246/204/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 8/31/09
Opps, moved to the August thread Sorry
Closed Thread