Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #301
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lsmplano
Stats: 233/215/150
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: July 2009
Newby that has started my second week

Hello - I have been reading everyone's posts for the last week and am very encouraged. I am on my 8th day and so thrilled as I have lost 14 pounds! My big concern is that the weight loss will greatly slow down now that vegatables and fruits are added. Has everyone experienced a great slow down in their second week?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmplano View Post
Hello - I have been reading everyone's posts for the last week and am very encouraged. I am on my 8th day and so thrilled as I have lost 14 pounds! My big concern is that the weight loss will greatly slow down now that vegatables and fruits are added. Has everyone experienced a great slow down in their second week?
Of course it will slow down, and eating veggies and/or fruit keeps you healthy. I think most people can expect a 1-3 lb. loss typically a week, after week 1. And don't get discouraged, that is great and before you know it you will be down 20 lbs. The program works and keeps most people quite healthy. Don't fret just follow the program and you will be fine. Good Luck!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
chrislaurie - My thoughts are that you have to do what works for you - having said that - I think you should be careful in cheating with processed carb foods. The reason that this program has been successful for me is that I quit eating processed carbs and so I no longer want them. If I feel like I need something sweet - I eat a little more fruit. I am also a person who cannot manage just a nibble in the long run - your snack would have sent me to a package of graham crackers. My question to you would be why 'you had to'... (no judgement here - just curious).

Even though you are still new - you might get more responses if you posted this in the August post. I know that the people who have been incredibly successful on this program have committed 100%.

Good luck - am interested in your thoughts.

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
Old 08-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chrislaurie
WOE: lo carb
cheating

Thanks for your thoughts. I guess I "had to" because I did not have enough willpower to resist! I still don't feel any regrets though! It is hard for me to think I will not be able to eat any "bad carbs" for 6 months. I recognize though that this is why I am at my current weight too! I was thinking of being faithful to taking all 3 AS daily as to keep food interests from my mind. Currently, I have been taking only 1 a day. Having 3 kids I find it hard to keep resisting their treats, but do so 99% of the time! My husband is a big treats person too! I Can't imagine not craving treats and giving in now and then- you are strong. I know I need to work on the mental side of temptation and will do so. I want to be successful and you have got me thinking of being fair to myself and not cheating even a little. Thanks
Old 08-03-2009, 05:55 AM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bigmomof2
Stats: 223/184/150
Start Date: July 29 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaurie View Post
Thanks for your thoughts. I guess I "had to" because I did not have enough willpower to resist! I still don't feel any regrets though! It is hard for me to think I will not be able to eat any "bad carbs" for 6 months. I recognize though that this is why I am at my current weight too! I was thinking of being faithful to taking all 3 AS daily as to keep food interests from my mind. Currently, I have been taking only 1 a day. Having 3 kids I find it hard to keep resisting their treats, but do so 99% of the time! My husband is a big treats person too! I Can't imagine not craving treats and giving in now and then- you are strong. I know I need to work on the mental side of temptation and will do so. I want to be successful and you have got me thinking of being fair to myself and not cheating even a little. Thanks
I TOTALLY know what you mean about finding it hard to resist your kids treats. I gave my kids kettle corn the other day for their snack and before I knew it I had shoved a handful in my mouth. I beat myself up about it all day long b/c I was worried it had knocked me out of ketosis-----thankfully it didn't. Like you, I've been able to resist 99% of the time, but sometimes it's just hard to resist. I'm only in Week 1 and feel horrible for falling off the wagon for that brief moment by eating that popcorn, but
I'm hoping my ability to "resist" will get stronger as I am more successful towards reaching my weight loss goal. We're all in this together----Hang in there.

~Carol
Old 08-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

I agree Carol, I look at it as breaking a habit I have had for so long!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
I agree Carol, I look at it as breaking a habit I have had for so long!
It is most definitely just training yourself (and for me, my mind) to resist the snacking...snacking with my daughter and snacking at work. My daughter eats cheeze-its (my fav) and all sorts of other things I love. I have not had any since I started for a few reasons. One of them being I need to lose this weight to be healthy and finally have the will power to do it! Second, Medi is expensive and I don't want it to be a waste of money. The third is what hudiman said. If you have the processed carbs you continue to crave them. I don't want those cravings back. At the beginning I was taking the AS 3x/day and it really helped! I no longer crave any of those snacks at all and feel so great!! I don't take the AS 3x/day anymore...usually 1 or 2 a day. Best of luck...you can do this!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:41 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshyn141
Stats: 213.2/171.51/150
WOE: Medi Weight-Loss
Start Date: July 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by katew1129 View Post
It is most definitely just training yourself (and for me, my mind) to resist the snacking...snacking with my daughter and snacking at work. My daughter eats cheeze-its (my fav) and all sorts of other things I love. I have not had any since I started for a few reasons. One of them being I need to lose this weight to be healthy and finally have the will power to do it! Second, Medi is expensive and I don't want it to be a waste of money. The third is what hudiman said. If you have the processed carbs you continue to crave them. I don't want those cravings back. At the beginning I was taking the AS 3x/day and it really helped! I no longer crave any of those snacks at all and feel so great!! I don't take the AS 3x/day anymore...usually 1 or 2 a day. Best of luck...you can do this!
The worst for me is when I'm relaxing at the end of the day after the kids have gone to bed. I'm so used to just sitting on the sofa with a bag of chips or some cookies or something. I want them SOOOO badly but I just keep telling myself that its all phsycological. And in reality, I don't actually feel hungry, I just feel like I should be eating them because thats what I'd normally be doing. I haven't slipped yet and am hoping not to, but I'm definately with you all that breaking these lifelong habits will not be an easy task. I'm rooting for you all!!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #309
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: arabrider
Stats: 224/178/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: July 25th 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshyn141 View Post
The worst for me is when I'm relaxing at the end of the day after the kids have gone to bed. I'm so used to just sitting on the sofa with a bag of chips or some cookies or something. I want them SOOOO badly but I just keep telling myself that its all phsycological. And in reality, I don't actually feel hungry, I just feel like I should be eating them because thats what I'd normally be doing. I haven't slipped yet and am hoping not to, but I'm definately with you all that breaking these lifelong habits will not be an easy task. I'm rooting for you all!!
While the program works for those who follow it, it is still a fact that you have to make a change in yourself, know that YOU deserve to be healthy, and take care of yourself in a positive way. Losing the weight, no matter what program you do is a matter of not only following the program, but changing the way you think about yourself and know you deserve to be your best! Easy to say, I know, because I have been on that roller coaster my adult life, up 30, down 30, up 40, down 40, etc. But this time I am truly making that commitment to my health, not just to fit into a size 8, but that I want to be around for my family and to feel good, all the time!
I am changing my attitude about those snacks. I used to think I deserve to enjoy this crap (ever read a box of Cheese Nips?) , because of whatever happened that day. Now I am trying to think that I deserve to put good things in my body, to keep my energy and health optimum.
Ok, off my soapbox, I am still struggling with it, but really trying to change my thinking. I believe the good thing about this program is that you eliminate those crap foods out of your diet completely, not eating a "100 calorie" pack and it cleans that craving from you. Now you can work on the mental part a little easier.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabrider View Post
While the program works for those who follow it, it is still a fact that you have to make a change in yourself, know that YOU deserve to be healthy, and take care of yourself in a positive way. Losing the weight, no matter what program you do is a matter of not only following the program, but changing the way you think about yourself and know you deserve to be your best! Easy to say, I know, because I have been on that roller coaster my adult life, up 30, down 30, up 40, down 40, etc. But this time I am truly making that commitment to my health, not just to fit into a size 8, but that I want to be around for my family and to feel good, all the time!
I am changing my attitude about those snacks. I used to think I deserve to enjoy this crap (ever read a box of Cheese Nips?) , because of whatever happened that day. Now I am trying to think that I deserve to put good things in my body, to keep my energy and health optimum.
Ok, off my soapbox, I am still struggling with it, but really trying to change my thinking. I believe the good thing about this program is that you eliminate those crap foods out of your diet completely, not eating a "100 calorie" pack and it cleans that craving from you. Now you can work on the mental part a little easier.
~Sue~ I could not have said it better! Very well stated.

This whole program is a major lifestyle change that you MUST COMMIT to 100%. Cheating is not an option. You are either working the program or you are not. Which is not to say everyone is perfect. But it is to say this: You must adjust your attitude and your mindset. Once you do that, you are your way to success. I work the program very aggressively and I have the results to prove it. You really need to make the commitment. This is not a quick fix, or a way to get through summer in a cute swimsuit, or a "diet" to be cheated on, or a gimmick to lose weight. It is most definitely a way of life. It is your health, and your life, and ultimately, your choice.

Ok, I am off my soapbox too!

Jo
Old 08-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
One more thought here. "I had to", "I wanted it", "I deserved it", "I needed it". WHY???

Think about the difference between real hunger and a craving. Food can act just like a drug can. You can be addicted to food, and crave it the same way. THIS is the change that has to occur, you must learn to think of food as fuel for your body. Food is not there to comfort you, to reward you, to make you feel better. Just exactly how did you put the weight on to begin with? Once you have cleansed your body of the "bad stuff", you will find it easier to get on with the program. If you determine that you need to cheat, getting on and being successful with the program is simply not going to happen. Sorry, but I am being truthful.

Okay, I really am shutting up now.

Jo
Old 08-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #312
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
One more thought here. "I had to", "I wanted it", "I deserved it", "I needed it". WHY???

Think about the difference between real hunger and a craving. Food can act just like a drug can. You can be addicted to food, and crave it the same way. THIS is the change that has to occur, you must learn to think of food as fuel for your body. Food is not there to comfort you, to reward you, to make you feel better. Just exactly how did you put the weight on to begin with? Once you have cleansed your body of the "bad stuff", you will find it easier to get on with the program. If you determine that you need to cheat, getting on and being successful with the program is simply not going to happen. Sorry, but I am being truthful.

Jo

McBoo
Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NIKKI21
Stats: 181.4/134.8 Now on Maintenance :0)
WOE: MEDI WEIGHTLOSS CLINICS
Start Date: 12/04/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post

Jo
I have to agree with everything Jo has said here.

I can also offer up this tidbit real life experience; part of what got me to 181 lbs was cake and frosting! I really craved it like a drug. Well after living the MEDI life since Dec '08 and had a very small piece of wedding shower cake at my job last week. It really tasted like CRAP and I couldn't believe that I wasted precious calories on a food that I really did not enjoy!

I tell it like this - MEDI is a cleanse and I do not intend to get dirty again
Old 08-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshyn141
Stats: 213.2/171.51/150
WOE: Medi Weight-Loss
Start Date: July 28, 2009
I really appreciate all the insight and am totally on board with your thoughts. I am amazed at how strong I have been so far and have absolutely no intentions of cheating. To be truthful, I am really proud of myself for being stronger than I would have thought I could have been, even if its only been a week. (One day at a time, right?) First weigh in is tomorrow and I can't wait to see how the results of the first week of my journey!

Thanks again, guys. Its good to hear from those of you who have been doing this for some time now.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

When buying protein bars can someone give me an idea of the amount of carbs and sugar that are appropriate. I was looking at various brands mentioned on posts and the carb and sugar counts seemed outrageous. I am a teacher and school starts in 3 weeks so I wanted to scout out handy things to bring for breakfast and quick lunches on the run.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:25 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
When buying protein bars can someone give me an idea of the amount of carbs and sugar that are appropriate. I was looking at various brands mentioned on posts and the carb and sugar counts seemed outrageous. I am a teacher and school starts in 3 weeks so I wanted to scout out handy things to bring for breakfast and quick lunches on the run.
I think the Medi have the lowest carbs and calories but way too expensive. I have been buying the South Beach Snack Bars from Walmart, they are smaller then the regular size ones you can buy in all the grocery stores. But still have carbs. Example, the South Beach Snack Bar Peanut Butter is 100 calories and 14g carbs. I don't know how to figure the sugar alcohol etc. into the equation but 5g sugar alcohol and 3g sugar. They are smaller. Good Luck!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudiman View Post
I think the Medi have the lowest carbs and calories but way too expensive. I have been buying the South Beach Snack Bars from Walmart, they are smaller then the regular size ones you can buy in all the grocery stores. But still have carbs. Example, the South Beach Snack Bar Peanut Butter is 100 calories and 14g carbs. I don't know how to figure the sugar alcohol etc. into the equation but 5g sugar alcohol and 3g sugar. They are smaller. Good Luck!
Great, thanks I will check it out!
Old 08-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
Thanks for all the great tips on this thread. I have reviewed over the last week!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NIKKI21
Stats: 181.4/134.8 Now on Maintenance :0)
WOE: MEDI WEIGHTLOSS CLINICS
Start Date: 12/04/08
Quote:

I buy the Adkins breakfast bars ; usually @ 140 cals and no more that 3 net carbs.

Net carbs = Total Carbs - Fiber - 1/2 sugar alch (usually)
Old 08-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKI21 View Post
I buy the Adkins breakfast bars ; usually @ 140 cals and no more that 3 net carbs.

Net carbs = Total Carbs - Fiber - 1/2 sugar alch (usually)
Thanks Nikki21

I bought 2 different kinds of atkins and they tasted like a treat! I have a hard time finding a lot of the items (In Boston Area) suggested on this site and traveled all over searching. Thanks for the suggestions
Old 08-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks,
I was able to find the SB whipped chocolate almond snack bar. It has 100 cal/14 carb/3 fiber/6 sugar and 4 sugar alcohol but only 6g protein.

I also found Atkins PB Fudge Crisp that someone suggested. They are great. 150 cal/14carb/ 8 fiber/ 1 sugar and 0 sugar alcohol.

I hope these are ok.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Nikki21

I bought 2 different kinds of atkins and they tasted like a treat! I have a hard time finding a lot of the items (In Boston Area) suggested on this site and traveled all over searching. Thanks for the suggestions
Walmart has a lot of the stuff mentioned, especially the atkins and south beach stuff. It is in the pharmacy section. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Walmart has a lot of the stuff mentioned, especially the atkins and south beach stuff. It is in the pharmacy section. Good luck!
oh....the pharmacy section I never checked. I was in the grocery aisle. Maybe that is why there was such a small selection! Huh, well thanks again.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

And buy the snack size bars, less calories and carbs
Old 08-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #325
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jdmerck
Stats: 244
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 7-3-10
Hi there im new and i am so glad i found this site!!! i am on 21 days now lost a total of 12lbs so far, i think i am doin fairly alright, i am struggling BUT HAVNT GIVEN IN with wanting pasta and some pizza, i am having a hard time thinking of different ways to cook food, i hate to cook, i have a hubby and a 5yr old that is picky, i hate seafood so my choices ALL the time are chicken and steak or ground beef (lean) im bored with the food, i tried the EAS i believe its called taste ookie and i gag when i drink it but i am trying my best, i will check out some of the recipes on here and i hope it helps me
Old 08-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmerck View Post
Hi there im new and i am so glad i found this site!!! i am on 21 days now lost a total of 12lbs so far, i think i am doin fairly alright, i am struggling BUT HAVNT GIVEN IN with wanting pasta and some pizza, i am having a hard time thinking of different ways to cook food, i hate to cook, i have a hubby and a 5yr old that is picky, i hate seafood so my choices ALL the time are chicken and steak or ground beef (lean) im bored with the food, i tried the EAS i believe its called taste ookie and i gag when i drink it but i am trying my best, i will check out some of the recipes on here and i hope it helps me
There is a recipe that I use for my pizza and mexican fix. Use a small frying pan and spray with pam, take a palm full of part skim mozzorella cheesse and fry till lightly browned on bottom and melted. When cooled it comes off and looks like a pizza crust. You can add whatever you like to the top, salsa, ff sour creeam, grilled veggies, turkey pepperoni, and then fold it over or roll it. It is very yummy. Keep up the good work, it really really works.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #327
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: christinalynne
Stats: 206.8/148/150
Start Date: August 9th
Hello! My name is Christina, I am really excited to be here. I am on day 2 (well then end of it) and making it through. I am having rough nights (headaches at 8:30 every night). I hope the next 4 days go by faster! Any ideas for snacks in week #1? I cannot think of anything to eat with my meat!

Thanks!!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Christina - chicken broth helped me a lot - wasn't chewy but it filled me up - I still use it when I feel like I want something and I don't really want to eat. Are you eating any cheese?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
Whenever I felt icky, I went straight for a boullion cube in hot water. It cured my "hangover" every time! Also, try some shrimp cooked in a little broth, garlic, basil or cilantro. YUM. you can eat a lot of shrimp on plan. Just be sure to weigh it all!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #330
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Chelybell
Stats: 180.5/138/120
WOE: Medi Acute
Start Date: 07/01/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash347 View Post
im on week two.. and i want something sweet so bad..
any suggestions??
Thanks!!
Ashley
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter! Or try sf jello and cottage cheese.
Closed Thread