Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Medi Weightloss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/)
-   -   Atkins shakes Medi-friendly? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/medi-weightloss/602396-atkins-shakes-medi-friendly.html)

kaitlynhcg 02-06-2009 10:14 AM

Atkins shakes Medi-friendly?

Are atkins shakes medi-friendly? I am starting the medi program on monday! just made my appointment and am looking for a low carb shake to drink every so often. I am a vegetarian so I will be relying mainly on these and egg whites.

McBoo 02-06-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitlynhcg (Post 11534627)
Are atkins shakes medi-friendly? I am starting the medi program on monday! just made my appointment and am looking for a low carb shake to drink every so often. I am a vegetarian so I will be relying mainly on these and egg whites.

Atkins shakes tend to be too high in carbs and calories for the acute phase of the program. A better choice would be the EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes.

Congratulations on starting the medi program.

:welcome:

McBoo

kaitlynhcg 02-06-2009 10:35 AM

Thanks!

JROOTA 02-28-2009 05:27 PM

I started Medi Feb . 15th 2009, down 10 pounds. I am vegetarian I use Standard Process Whey Protein. I have to say that Crystal Light - berry blast with electrolytes eased my sugar cravings big time. I highly recommend them.

pensacolamomof2 07-29-2010 08:48 PM

Which protein shakes are the best to use if you have a soy allergy?

Charlene4 07-29-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitlynhcg (Post 11534627)

I am a vegetarian also and have been successful for over 5 weeks on the program. There is a thread on her called Food In/Energy out or something along that line where some of us log our food and exercise. Check it out and see what I have been eating. It might help.:) Good luck!

SonoRoo 07-30-2010 09:05 AM

The Atkins Shakes I have seen and use only have 2 net carbs. I think only 5 total carbs, so I am not sure why it would be too high in carbs if you limit it to one. There is 1g of sugar in it, so if you are super sensitive to sugar and it might cause you to crave, then I would avoid it. The strawberry and milk chocolate are good and taste like strawberry or chocolate milk. I don't do vanilla or cappucino flavors so I can't speak to that. The dark chocolate is a bit bitter and powdery tasting for my liking.

Desert-Rose7 07-30-2010 11:15 AM

I agree with McBoo's statement up there, the EAS AdvantEDGE Low Carb shakes are a better choice. Atkins - 160 calories, EAS AdvantEDGE are 110. That is a 50 calories savings right there. JMHO.

Jo

SonoRoo 08-07-2010 11:15 AM

True, and it does have 2 more grams of protein, but the Atkins shakes taste MUCH better. I am drinking one of the EAS Chocolate Fudge shakes just to compare and the flavor is odd. The Atkins Milk Chocolate shake tastes like chocolate milk, much better flavor and texture. The sad thing is it is higher in fat and has slightly less protein, so the EAS one is better for you, but the flavor bothers me. :(

Desert-Rose7 08-07-2010 11:50 AM

I did not care for the chocolate ones. I have the vanilla ones and they are tolerable. I really do not care for any of the premades. I use them only for "emergency" occasions.

Jo

Jeffrey 08-13-2010 07:31 AM

I have had the Atkins shakes a few times. As long as you recognize that you are getting more calories from that one shake and adjust your calories accordingly, it should work fine. I typically use the EAS carb control shakes, but if the store is out of them I have grabbed the Atkins shakes.