Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
Macauley-What's toughest for you? Not reverting to old stress related eating?? I don't know if this will help but I have a few go to foods that fit the maintainance bill, and allow me to overindulge without adding pounds.

-peanuts--in the shell--it takes forever to shell a bunch so you can go at them for awhile and really not do any damage
-turkey pepp and cheese...17 slices of pepp per serving
-nuts with just a few nestles chocolate morsels

Not sure if the above helps but they've been a lifesaver for me.

Getting ready for Thanksgiving. I'll be eating turkey and I found a recipe on myrecipes.com under Cooking Light for a Quinoa stuffing that looks not 100% Medi but good enough for a special occassion.

I'm on vacation until the 30th. Will be dumping all of my fat clothes out of my closet and dressers.

That's all from NC...hang in there Macauley!! I do think the next 5 weeks are the most challenging of the year--any year. I LOVE cookies and have already decided I am having NONE this year. What are the rest of you planning on doing around the once a year holiday foods that you loved in the past???
El

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Hey Maintainers -
So I must admit that life has been tough lately. I sometimes have these days that I just lose my focus... The weight is fine - it's just the food that I mess up on. I always knew that it is the keeping it off forever that would be the _____ (focus, struggle, fill in the blank). I get a pang of _________ when I read the November thread and look at all the losses and energy going into losing the weight. Ummm, yes and the support.
It's easy to say to each other 'you know what to do' because we do. But we all also know that if it was easy to keep it off - well then we probably wouldn't be here...
So - I miss you all. I think really that this is the most important thread - and I know you are all lurking out there - but I am asking that you take the time to check in.
This is tough!!!!
Thanks....
fit2b55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Life has gone totally crazy around here. Besides working about three 12 hour days each week and preparing for Winter Fest (art faire) which runs Friday/Sat/Sunday through to Christmas..(there goes my Friday/Saturday off but it is an opportunity to get my jewelry out there seen and hopefully sold,) my walking outside every morning has really stabilized my days. That and ending my days with a 30 minute meditation.

I began this journey last year on December 19th and made it through the holiday season with no bad issues or problems. This year, I am working on Thanksgiving Day. We are doing a big potluck and I am bringing the pumpkin pie I put in the Maintenance recipe thread the the little apple tarts that are in the regular recipe thread. Company is providing turkey, ham, and other stuff. Teams are bringing veggies, appetizers, the usual suspects (chips, salsa etc). At least my bringing healthy alternatives, I will be able to have a little of the dessert too!

I have decided not to indulge in nuts for a while. I can go a little crazy with them even though I put them in little individual packets. Getting home at 3 in the morning is not helping. I have begun taking a Medimelt at around 10pm and that is helping with the wish to chomp on something when I get home. I also have my little meditation outfit sitting on the chair in the living room where I see it immediately upon getting home. I stop right there and change. That is helping as well. I take my lunch/dinner and coffee/creamer with me to work so I am not tempted there at all. It is just the tiredness that is hard for me to deal with. So....I am pushing myself to sleep at least 7 hours a night even if it means getting up a bit later. Then off to walk outside first thing...easy enough to do here in AZ...it it sooooo glorious outside.

My roller coaster is slowing down a little bit. Finally....

Weight is holding steady,muscle tone is really picking up, clothes fit well, I love shopping at Ann Taylor again, as well as The Gap...great sales going on that are only going to get better as we head into the holidays.

Also, I get a massage once a month. I have a marvelous massage therapist who tailors the massage to exactly what I need. He knows me well. I also have a little rhodonite stone he gave me that I keep in my pocket. Here is what he says about it:

Hope you had a good day today and I'm glad you are feeling good. It is my pleasure to help you feel better. Here is the explanation of the stone.

Rhodonite
Energy - Projective
Planet - Mars
Element - Fire
Powers - Peace, Anti-Confusion
Magical Uses - Wear rhodonite to be calm, to cast off confusion, doubt and incoherency. Rhodonite is also a fine stone to wear or carry to shut down the psychic centers(this assists with concentration). This reddish stone, usually veined with lines of black, can also be worn to promote balance.

It seems to work for me, or else I just believe that it does. Either way, it is working!

Jo
Old 11-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm back. Thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts and prayers. I think my father-in-law is going to be okay. He got weepy at times, but his phone rang off the hook with condolences, mostly widowed women. He got 4 Thanksgiving dinner invitations, and wanted to decline them all, but we talked him into accepting one and he was actually looking forward to it. My husband talks to him on the phone every Saturday morning, so will be able to monitor how he is doing.

The week trip was a little rough for maintenance though. Eating every meal out at places like Hometown Buffet (father-in-laws favorite) it was a challenge. I started the week eating grilled fish (which for some reason seemed completely tasteless and boring) and ended the week with an order of chicken strips and fries (which I split with my husband and were completely satisfying and delicious!) I gained 4 pounds, but nothing serious.

Before you get too upset with me, please know I am back on plan today and will follow the acute phase until I take these 4 pounds off. I found a Y where I was and got 2 days of exercise in, then went today upon returning. My maintenance plan is to eat the Medi way with the occassional indulgence. I will not beat myself up when I gain, but instead will take responsibility and go back into acute phase as needed. For me this has to be a way of life and I want to live it.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Hi Susie - welcome back. I think you were in my neck of the woods for some reason - did you say you were in California?
It would be hard to ever be upset with you - the great thing about this WOE is that we know what needs to happen. Even when I feel like I've gotten off track - it never seems hard to get back on.

Hope you are well..
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Susie-Glad your fil has a place to go for Thanksgiving. No one would fault you for gaining weight. Sometimes you do what you have to...eating at his favorite place...and fix it after. You'll be fine in a week!
Welcome back. El

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm back. Thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts and prayers. I think my father-in-law is going to be okay. He got weepy at times, but his phone rang off the hook with condolences, mostly widowed women. He got 4 Thanksgiving dinner invitations, and wanted to decline them all, but we talked him into accepting one and he was actually looking forward to it. My husband talks to him on the phone every Saturday morning, so will be able to monitor how he is doing.

The week trip was a little rough for maintenance though. Eating every meal out at places like Hometown Buffet (father-in-laws favorite) it was a challenge. I started the week eating grilled fish (which for some reason seemed completely tasteless and boring) and ended the week with an order of chicken strips and fries (which I split with my husband and were completely satisfying and delicious!) I gained 4 pounds, but nothing serious.

Before you get too upset with me, please know I am back on plan today and will follow the acute phase until I take these 4 pounds off. I found a Y where I was and got 2 days of exercise in, then went today upon returning. My maintenance plan is to eat the Medi way with the occassional indulgence. I will not beat myself up when I gain, but instead will take responsibility and go back into acute phase as needed. For me this has to be a way of life and I want to live it.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Hi Susie - welcome back. I think you were in my neck of the woods for some reason - did you say you were in California?
It would be hard to ever be upset with you - the great thing about this WOE is that we know what needs to happen. Even when I feel like I've gotten off track - it never seems hard to get back on.

Hope you are well..
Macauley,

I was in your neck of the woods, a little south though, in the San Fernando Valley. I lived in Valencia, CA for 17 years, until 1994. My husband grew up in California and went to Cal State, Northridge. We both still have family there.

Thank for your faith in me. We will all do this together.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #217
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/141/125
Start Date: 11/11/09
Hey Medi vets....When you finally hit maintenance, do they give you a not to exceed calorie limit based on your stats from the acute phase? Just wondering...is there life after 500 calories??? haha
nomorerolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Hey nomo- Yep, they put me on a 1200-1400 calorie limit. To be honest, some days it's hard to NOT eat in acute phase....it's ingrained

cindy
dodgern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #219
Junior LCF Member

Cindy,
You have some very impressive stats ...just curious, if you had to narrow in on the single most important tip learned from your journey what would it be?

Macauley, Susie, Jo
How about you?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:51 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorerolls View Post
Cindy,
You have some very impressive stats ...just curious, if you had to narrow in on the single most important tip learned from your journey what would it be?

Macauley, Susie, Jo
How about you?
Hmmmm.....that's a really great question

I think the most important tip was to put me first for a change sounds selfish BUT, in order for me to accomplish my goal, I HAD to
My husband was a little skeptical at first cuz of my failure with LA wtloss :blush: But when he started noticing the changes, he realized that I had made the best choice!!! He enjoys the looks I get from other men because they also look at him with some envy- I don't think I'm hot at all BUT they do :blush:
He also has changed his way of eating too, although I can't seem to get him to eat a few less carbs and he really needs to lose weight because he's a type 2 diabetic BUT,he's lost some because he's down to the first hole on his belt...meaning he will need to buy a size smaller next time

By putting myself first, I mean I cooked what I needed to eat, I took time out from my schedule to go to the gym, I spent the $$$ needed to go to MWL, I took a day or 2 off in order to get my weigh-ins done (I have a bizarre schedule sometimes). BUT it all paid off 100 fold for me I lost all the weight in 26 weeks!!!! I dropped from a size 24 or 3x to a juniors' size 9 or size small in most everything now!!!!

That would be the 1 tip that made this journey easier for me....BUT I would also say follow the plan....much research went into medi weightloss. They give you the tools to achieve your goal, use them....ask questions...make sure they answer them-sounds weird but some of us have had problems with our clinics. I was fortunate that I didn't!!!!!!! Eat all the lean calories EVERY day,get ALL the water in, exercise 3-5 times a week!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Hope this helps nomo....

cindy
Old 11-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

The one tip I can give you is this:

Commit 100% to the program, work it seriously, and as I say to anyone who asks:

DO OR NOT NOT....THERE IS NO TRY

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

My advise in the acute phase is to stick to the program 100 %. Do not give yourself permission to cheat, because the second you do you will start playing games and the program will lose it's effectiveness. Now I know we are all human and slip ups happen, but do not plan for them. If you do mess up get right back on the wagon and recommit.

Also, find ways to make the food enjoyable. Experiment, make recipes and satisfy yourself. If you feel deprived you will have a much harder time sticking to this.

For maintenance I would say to not let small gains add up and get out of control. I weigh everyday now that I am on maintenance, and if I have gain one day I am back on the acute plan the following day.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

For me - it was cementing the fact that my body really reacts to carbs and I know this because I write down everything I eat. Even now I write it down. Mayo Clinic did a big study on successful long term weight loss and there are three factors - weigh yourself consistently, journal what you eat, and exercise on a regular basis - which all takes a commitment to yourself!
I'm with Susie - when things start moving the wrong way - I go to acute....
hey maintainers and all - have a great holiday!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

To be honest.....I'm the same way!!! Stick with no-low carbs and hit the lean proteins when I feel I'm gaining BUT, so far the only problem has been TOM!
Sometimes I hate being female!!!!!!

We're getting ready to leave on vacation to "The Happiest Place On Earth" Disney World here we come woooohoooo!!!!!!! Hubby finally finished with work so we're taking a couple days off then leaving on Saturday!!!!!
The "out-laws" are getting ready to see me at the weight I was when I first met them.....they're gonna go outta their minds

Just one thing....I'm thankful for all me MEDI friends.... God Bless and have a GREAT Thanksgiving all!!!!!!!!

cindy
Old 12-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
I'm kind of upset at this point with Medi. I don't want the meds anymore, yet they will not discount the weekly visit price.

That is flat out insane to pay $70 a week to stand on their scale and talk to someone for 3 minutes who has nothing to tell me that is of use. Perhaps I am ready to move on.

I have a buildup of the meds to use when I need, but honestly if I go I might as well get them...seems like such a waste of $$

even at every 2 weeks, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Thoughts?
Justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Justin - ask them to move you to every two weeks - mine did that and it was much more reasonable - especially if you do not need meds. I often had to change my appointment because of my work commitments so I often went every two and a half - three weeks and they didn't say anything.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

I pretty much am doing that now...I guess I'm just disappointed because I thought for sure I saw somewhere on here a while ago that w/o the meds they were cutting down the weekly $ to 35...
Old 12-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

The $35.00 is the cost for the maintenance visit. I paid $70.00 right up till I went on maintenance.

Jo
Old 12-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Mine is still charging $70 in maintenance. I have an appt on Monday and think it will be my last.

The last time I was in was the FIRST time they asked to see my journal EVER. The woman then began back pedaling on what I'd been told previously and said I was eating all wrong......did I mention she was the office manager!! To me it looks like a big money grab! Oh you should be eating this many calories and we won't release you til full maintenance blah, blah, blah!

I've maintained my present weight for 6 weeks and at Fitness Together I just had my 8 week fitness test. I've lost 6% more body fat and increased or decreased everything in the correct direction!! I'd rather pay them at this point!

If Monday is not a much more positive experience, it will be my last which is a sad way to end since overall I've loved the program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
The $35.00 is the cost for the maintenance visit. I paid $70.00 right up till I went on maintenance.

Jo
Old 12-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #230
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit2b50 View Post
Mine is still charging $70 in maintenance. I have an appt on Monday and think it will be my last.

The last time I was in was the FIRST time they asked to see my journal EVER. The woman then began back pedaling on what I'd been told previously and said I was eating all wrong......did I mention she was the office manager!! To me it looks like a big money grab! Oh you should be eating this many calories and we won't release you til full maintenance blah, blah, blah!

I've maintained my present weight for 6 weeks and at Fitness Together I just had my 8 week fitness test. I've lost 6% more body fat and increased or decreased everything in the correct direction!! I'd rather pay them at this point!

If Monday is not a much more positive experience, it will be my last which is a sad way to end since overall I've loved the program!

Curious.....what is "Fitness Together" ?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post

Jo

What is the difference between a "maintenance visit" and a normal visit where you don't get any medication?

I am not knocking this program, as it changed my life in ways I didn't think it would when I started...but I think these are valid questions and concerns.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Personal trainers--they advertise here in Charlotte on The Biggest Loser. I guess we aren't suppose to post websites here but you can google and see it. They are franchised and there are some in your area. It's costing me $67 a week for an hour of kick butt training...you should see the muscles in my arms!! I figure it is a GREAT spend of money that was going to MWL.

I've always had a trainer but these guys and gals are really outstanding. You can rotate trainers or stick with one. They have three studios and I've yet to have the same workout twice. They also supply an at home workout, do a fitness reassessment every 8 weeks and allow you to use cardio equipment whenever you want not just when you are scheduled. Works for me. El

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorerolls View Post
Curious.....what is "Fitness Together" ?
Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Hi All - interesting about the clinics and the differences. My clinic charges way less for maintenance too....
Things are rolling along. I had bread today for the first time. Feel like I ate two bowling balls. Yuck yuck yuck... on the treadmill....
Where are you Tracy? We miss you!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

My maintenance visits are a little different since we spend a lot of time going over my journal looking for different things than we did during the acute phase. We also spend time looking at how my new work schedule is affecting the rest of my life..such as my exercise routine, sleep and such. Generally working through a lot of the new issues I face and finding good ways to deal with the different stresses I am now facing. And watching for how my body is responding to the addition of different foods. I am finding my visits extremely helpful and I will continue to go in. I know they are there for me.

Jo
Old 12-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #235
Junior LCF Member

Wow...I pay $95 for acute visits. It likee a cattle herd. Rush to the scale, jab us w/ a needleand back out to the receptionist. The only time they are patient is when you are writing out the check! I have never scene the Dr. and even though I had questions about possible contridictions to other meds...no one appeared to care or offered to have him call?? Must have some awesome liability insurance I wish there was another center closer but I guess I just have to grin and bare it. I hope they drop the rate down during maintenance otherwise I am going to have auction off one of the kids ! hahaha....I'd auction off the hubby but that would take alot longer!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:01 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Hi everyone- I'm here. I have just been struggling A LOT with personal stress and haven't felt much like doing anything. I'm still maintaining though. I do have occasional indulgences, but when I feel bloated, I get myself back on track. I am completely addicted to nuts. I eat way too many on a daily basis, but I am also keeping up with exercise, so it must balance itself out, because my weight like mostly everyone else, seems to fluctuate 2-3 pounds. I'm hovering round 150 and in a size 6!!! I still catch myself looking at my body in store windows and thinking "wow" that's ME??!!
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Hey Tracy - hope things even out for your soon - I think the holiday season always adds more to our already stressful worlds! But you have a big break coming (teacher - right?)
I do the nut thing, too. Everything but sunflower seeds as even the low sodium ones seem to make me hold on to water.
Good to hear from you!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:43 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

I've determined that I am addicted to nuts. And I've even gotten bad...I have found these bags of "glazed almonds and pecans" that are supposed to be salad toppers. I eat them by the handfuls- I know they have a little sugar in them, but I can't stop eating them when I buy them!! UGH! I hate this emotional eating. I just need to stop buying those silly things!!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: malloryann11
Stats: 185/179.6/160
Start Date: November 3, 2009, Restart Aug. 24 2010
Hey Maintainers I am looking for some help:
I am 3.8 pounds from my initial goal of 165. I weighed 165 all threw high school as an intense athlete, I have realized that my body has changed with the muscle contour and will be adding in weight training next semester. I am considering lowering my goal but an not sure how much. With BMI 165 but me just at overweight (I am 5'7" and still very muscular) I would have to weigh 158 to be in the normal BMI and have never weighed that in my life. Should I look at fat percentage, and any ideas on how much a body can change in 3 years? Please help me, I am so lost!

Going to lose more this time!
Ultimate goal... see the 150's!!!
malloryann11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloryann11 View Post
Hey Maintainers I am looking for some help:
I am 3.8 pounds from my initial goal of 165. I weighed 165 all threw high school as an intense athlete, I have realized that my body has changed with the muscle contour and will be adding in weight training next semester. I am considering lowering my goal but an not sure how much. With BMI 165 but me just at overweight (I am 5'7" and still very muscular) I would have to weigh 158 to be in the normal BMI and have never weighed that in my life. Should I look at fat percentage, and any ideas on how much a body can change in 3 years? Please help me, I am so lost!
I would go with what the numbers say. If your BMI is normal at a lower weight then I would go for that. Our bodies do tend to change- when you were younger the muscle probably accounted for your higher weight with a leaner look.