Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Hi All - anyone seen any information on cal and carb count on the power pops? Haven't seen any...

My doc and I agreed that I would make 145 my maintain weight - I was trying - well I was pretending that I was trying - to get to 140 but in reality - I wasn't. Just eating the same.

I did get a gym membership so my new goal is to have great legs by summer - my upper body is rock hard from hauling stuff around on the ranch but need to firm up the gams - I have a lot of muscle but after finally shopping for some new clothes - and looking in those AWFUL three sided mirrors with that AWFUL lighting - figured that yup, have some more work to do... (Wow - longest run on sentence ever).

Still finding that I am eating too many nuts - although I hate the packaging - have switched over to the pre-packaged ones from Traitor Joe's... Still is a lot of candy around the office but doing fine at staying away.

Hope all is well in maintain land for all...

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Hi All - anyone seen any information on cal and carb count on the power pops? Haven't seen any...

My doc and I agreed that I would make 145 my maintain weight - I was trying - well I was pretending that I was trying - to get to 140 but in reality - I wasn't. Just eating the same.

I did get a gym membership so my new goal is to have great legs by summer - my upper body is rock hard from hauling stuff around on the ranch but need to firm up the gams - I have a lot of muscle but after finally shopping for some new clothes - and looking in those AWFUL three sided mirrors with that AWFUL lighting - figured that yup, have some more work to do... (Wow - longest run on sentence ever).

Still finding that I am eating too many nuts - although I hate the packaging - have switched over to the pre-packaged ones from Traitor Joe's... Still is a lot of candy around the office but doing fine at staying away.

Hope all is well in maintain land for all...
Macauley, the information I have is that each pop has 28 calories and 4 grams of carbohydrate, 2 of which are sugars. The ingredients are listed as: "Guarana, L-Tyrosine, Citrimax, Hoodia, Vitamin B6, Vitamin b12, Corn Syrup (small amounts of corn syrup and sugar are used as binding agents in manufacturing), Natural Colors & Flavors."
They really do help me, by tasting good, by taking half an hour to complete and by making me drink my water along with them.
-Jane
luvlonghorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Macauley-I can't stay away from the nuts too!! I'm nuts about nuts!!
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b50
Stats: 218/177.2/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!
Nuts!

Add me to the peanut junkie club!! Think we need to start a group NA...Nuts Annonymous....
fit2b50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

oh it's not just peanuts- almonds, pecans, cashews oh my!!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
....and for heaven's sake..let us not forget macadamias....

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

You all crack me up
Old 11-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Hey Susie - how are you doing? Things going well?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

OH yeah! We are just a bunch of nutcrackers.........groan! Sorry I could not let that go by!!

Quote:
You all crack me up
Old 11-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Here is a whole lot of info and fun things about nuts:

Nut Quotes and Toasts NutGourmet Blog

Jo
Old 11-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

OK -so I have been going through getting ready for work stress every morning - makes me get my day off to a bad start ..
I had taken out most of my fat clothes but didn't take them all out. And then there was those clothes I wore because I didn't know if I should go buy new clothes or not...my in between clothes...
So today I finally went through my closet and dumped three more boxes of clothes out. (what a lot of money I spent on clothes, I thought to myself).
So now my closet and I are both much leaner but I know I won't have to go through the stress in the morning anymore. Even if I am wearing the same clothes over and over...

On another note - as I tried on clothes this morning -I realized that my head has still not caught up with my body. I feel like I always have -which feels like I was/am in some sort of denial - then and now! One of my favorite jackets I put on was huge on me - and somehow it didn't really make sense... the 'I can't believe I was that big' thought - as compared to when I buy a size eight and think - 'how is this fitting me'?
Wish I had had someone trace my body on a piece of paper before I lost weight so I could redo it now...
You all have this stuff happening in your head, too?

Last edited by NOT2fat4fun; 11-08-2009 at 12:41 PM..
Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Hi Macauley!

Quote:
Hey Susie - how are you doing? Things going well?
Thanks for asking after me. I'm still here! I just spent a weekend with a very dear friend who moved from Orlando to Boston a little over a year ago. It was an amazing trip (although a little cold) and she treated me like a 5-star guest. I kept telling her I was here to see her and not on a vacation, but that is not how she treated me and thus it was a great visit and vacation! Her son, David, whom I have known since 2nd grade, is going to the CIA culinary school in NY and as luck would have it was home for the weekend to cook for us. He had not seen me since I had lost over 60 pounds, but was very mindful in his recipes. It was a wonderful weekend and I stuck to maintenance. Not a problem at all.

Had a great time, but glad to be back!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OK -so I have been going through getting ready for work stress every morning - makes me get my day off to a bad start ..
I had taken out most of my fat clothes but didn't take them all out. And then there was those clothes I wore because I didn't know if I should go buy new clothes or not...my in between clothes...
So today I finally went through my closet and dumped three more boxes of clothes out. (what a lot of money I spent on clothes, I thought to myself).
So now my closet and I are both much leaner but I know I won't have to go through the stress in the morning anymore. Even if I am wearing the same clothes over and over...

On another note - as I tried on clothes this morning -I realized that my head has still not caught up with my body. I feel like I always have -which feels like I was/am in some sort of denial - then and now! One of my favorite jackets I put on was huge on me - and somehow it didn't really make sense... the 'I can't believe I was that big' thought - as compared to when I buy a size eight and think - 'how is this fitting me'?
Wish I had had someone trace my body on a piece of paper before I lost weight so I could redo it now...
Macauley,

Your old clothes are the traces of your old body. Throw them out! You do not need to be reminded. You are a svelt, beautiful, and sexy woman now. That is all you need to know or hear. Forget the old you and bask in the new you. I don't know your situation, but find a champion that loves your body and you, or become that person youself. Per God's own words, "You are wonderfully made!"
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:29 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Oh YES! I am wearing a size 6-8 now and still have some 10s that I wear, but they are huge on me. I'm like you, I have no clothes!! Black pants over and over.... But the mental part is also true. I just went through that this morning!

Sometimes I think about how I look when I go out. I have to remind myself that I don't have to hide and be ashamed of my appearance anymore. I still feel like I'm being looked at though. It must be a self image thing. Maybe we should take some class for self esteem

Last edited by tracy_d; 11-09-2009 at 03:31 AM..
Old 11-09-2009, 05:11 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Macauley-I'm taking off the week of Thanksgiving to purge all of my fat clothes. I'll donate for the tax credit in '09. I've weeded out some but not all. I have three pairs of brown dress pants in three sizes.....one fits the other fall down even when zipped and button. I have to be VERY careful as I travel for work and am also VERY tall. If I pack the 18s by mistake, I cannot buy dress pants off the rack at the nearest mall. Now I double check size tags before I pack anything.

I agree with you-head and body are out of sync. Not as much as they were two months ago. I've been on maintenance for almost 6 weeks and am still dancing within a pound of my goal-yeah! The longer I stay here, the more comfortable I feel. I do still get caught off guard when I see myself in the mirror...like look how skinny I look!! But it's getting better!

Just remember, the opposite of this great, too big clothes feeling, is trying to stuff fat into too tight pants and crying in frustration...and how great is it that we don't have to do that anymore!! ?YEAH!

I think eventually our mental picture will match our mirror image...but it is not instantaneous! and it is hard to give up those favorite clothes!! Good for you for taking the first steps to make your mornings easier! El

Quote:

Old 11-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Something must be in the air. I thought I could still wear my beloved crossover Jjill tees..they are an XL. Today I tried three on...um...not happening....WAYYYYYY too big. So I pulled them all out, separated into color batches..and am currently washing/drying them and getting the lot ready to go to Buffalo Exchange. TWENTY THREE shirts. Really want to keep one or two to go with the giant pants I saved for "What if" moments.

Jo
Old 11-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Lose clothes are in the air...

When I went to pack for my trip to Boston and had to pull out the winter clothes I had completely forgotten how much bigger I was the last time I wore them. All my sweaters were too big! At the last minute I had to buy a few new things and used my sewing machine to take in a few of my favorite sweaters.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

My Medi anniversary is coming up

I started Medi on November 20, 2008. It is hard to believe that only 1 year ago I weighed 218 pounds and wore a size 18/20. Yikes! While it has taken a while to adjust to my new normal size, I can't remember being that fat.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

JO - what the heck is a what if moment? What if you need to wear five pairs at once because it got cold in Arizona?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

That's a good one Macauley!! You had me cracking up!!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Was so busy planning for everyone else today I didn't plan for myself - DANG IT!! Ate bad food today!!! I am thinking those power pops are not too good for me - going to take a pass on them... so happy to have the day off tomorrow to get my food together.
God Bless our Veterans!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

OK - this is my midterm photo - my fat photo was too big to put on...
will keep trying...
Old 11-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Macauley, you are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

A "what if" moment is one of those moments when I might be tempted to go totally off the wall...looking at those "big pants" pretty much assures me that this will not ever happen again in this lifetime!

Jo
Old 11-11-2009, 03:31 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Macauley- You look fabulous!!

I was worrying that my scale keeps fluctuating so I went to protein only for a couple days to get myself straight again!! This is a good time to do it. I wanted my goal to be 148 so that if I went to 150 it would be okay. The lowest I've gotten is 150.5. I guess that is where I should be.

But when I stepped on the scale the other day and it said 153, it sent off red flags. UGH!

Last edited by tracy_d; 11-11-2009 at 03:32 AM..
Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

I totally agree that getting used to maintenance/wellness is a roller coaster ride. That is why keeping my appointments at my clinic is so important. Advice, counsel and their ever present warmth keeps me level headed about it all!

Jo
Old 11-13-2009, 05:34 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Hi All - went back to protein focus for a few days to do a little 'cleanse" -quite happy about it actually!
Have any of you been weighed in on the Tanita scale on the athletic mode instead? It changed my fat percentage this week by a whopping 10% - that was crazy! It put me at 19% - everyone flipped. In fact, they were a little sttressed looking... Now I know I am not at 19% but it was pretty funny watching everyones reaction. Now I also know that I am not at 29% either so overall it made me not really believe the Tanita anymore. I am going to stick to my weight as a monitor...
Old 11-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

I have an appointment next Friday. Will check that out. Could be nteresting.I just follow the general info the scale provides. My old balance scale is getting pretty ancient and not as reliable as I would like, so I think a new scale may be a Christmas wish.

Jo
Old 11-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

I belong to Fitness Together. As part of their program, every 8 weeks, they measure fat, flexibility, strength, etc. The measure fat with multiple caliper measurements at various locations. I haven't had my second one yet but at the first one, they came up with a % of fat number that is 10% less than the Tanita...so I know the scale is not 100% accurate. I might hae them try athletic setting and see if that lines up better with the FT measurement.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Hey Jo - what's new?
Old 11-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Hey Maintainers -
So I must admit that life has been tough lately. I sometimes have these days that I just lose my focus... The weight is fine - it's just the food that I mess up on. I always knew that it is the keeping it off forever that would be the _____ (focus, struggle, fill in the blank). I get a pang of _________ when I read the November thread and look at all the losses and energy going into losing the weight. Ummm, yes and the support.
It's easy to say to each other 'you know what to do' because we do. But we all also know that if it was easy to keep it off - well then we probably wouldn't be here...
So - I miss you all. I think really that this is the most important thread - and I know you are all lurking out there - but I am asking that you take the time to check in.
This is tough!!!!
Thanks....

Last edited by NOT2fat4fun; 11-21-2009 at 06:43 AM..