Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:43 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyzackmatt View Post
Hi Everyone,

I do not post often but read all the time. I'm happy for everyone's success and thankful to you all for all the information you post. I will be dining out and wanted to know if anyone could answer a question for me. I will be going to the 99 restaurant(chain similar to Chilis, TGIFridays etc) and was looking on the web for dinner ideas. Has anyone ordered Fajitas- eating only the chicken, peppers and onions? Do you think this is a wise enough choice or should I try to find a salad and just skip the dressing.

Thanks,

Al
I did that once at Chili's. I had the chicken fajitas with onions - I don't like peppers- and I ate the pico de gillo with it and no shells. It was ok, but just be careful of chicken from those places- it's loaded with sodium! If you can afford the calories, steak fajitas may be less sodium.
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyzackmatt View Post
Hi Everyone,

I do not post often but read all the time. I'm happy for everyone's success and thankful to you all for all the information you post. I will be dining out and wanted to know if anyone could answer a question for me. I will be going to the 99 restaurant(chain similar to Chilis, TGIFridays etc) and was looking on the web for dinner ideas. Has anyone ordered Fajitas- eating only the chicken, peppers and onions? Do you think this is a wise enough choice or should I try to find a salad and just skip the dressing.

Thanks,

Al
I would also worry about the amount of oil they use to cook it. Chili's fajitas have 700 calories and 21g of fat. Check it out at Hungry Girl - Tuesday Newsletter. I don't know if this includes the condiments. TGIF fajitas have 1590 calories according to Hungry Girl - Friday Newsletter. Be careful, there are lots of hidden calories out there.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Hi maintainers - so I just packed up my closet because nothing fit. Having lost and gained before - I am not sure what to do. Some of the clothes were expensive - but are too big to alter. So.... did you donate your clothes, stash some away, do tell because I am not sure what I am going to do...
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Hi maintainers - so I just packed up my closet because nothing fit. Having lost and gained before - I am not sure what to do. Some of the clothes were expensive - but are too big to alter. So.... did you donate your clothes, stash some away, do tell because I am not sure what I am going to do...
Macauley.

I saved the shirt in my before picture in my avatar as a reminder of where I never want to be again. The rest of the stuff I let my friends have first dibbs on it. Everything that was left I donated.

McBoo
McBoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
~Macauley~ I am right there with you. I have to go through the closet again and pull more stuff out. I take all of the usable wearable clothing to Buffalo Exchange. They have some locations in SFO and Berkeley. Here is their website:
Not the usual thrift store! Vintage clothing at Buffalo Exchange. Cash for fashion instead of consignment. Costumes.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvlonghorns
Stats: 5'6"/162/127.5/128-Maintenance since 10/8/09
WOE: MEDI-Weightloss
Start Date: July 9, 2009
Quote:
Hi, Macauley,
I am not on maintenance yet, but I regularly get rid of clothing by taking taking my nicer items (designer labels such as St. John, Ellen Tracy, Dana Buchman, Escada, etc) to one of 2 high-end resale shops here in Dallas. I receive half of the sale price for little effort. I'm sure there are such stores in your area too.
In the alternative, I also list nicer items of clothing for sale on eBay, where even with listing & sales fees, I usually net more money than I do when I take them to the resale shop, but I also have to put in more effort with photographing, measuring and shipping them.
Both of these options could help defray some of the costs of MEDI or of your new wardrobe. You are not going back to a larger size - you know that - so best to resell or donate. Hanging onto them only implies the possibility of regaining the weight and needing these clothes again in the future.
While going up in weight, I hung onto all my "skinny" clothes in the hope of getting back into them some day. As I lose weight, I can't get rid of my "fat" clothes fast enough. I'm not going back.
Neither of us are going back to our larger bodies - set those "fat" clothes free!
-Jane
luvlonghorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Thanks all - perfect! Going to let my fat clothes free
Old 09-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NIKKI21
Stats: 181.4/134.8 Now on Maintenance :0)
WOE: MEDI WEIGHTLOSS CLINICS
Start Date: 12/04/08
Set the fat clothes free!!!!!!

I had a 2 month "checkup" last night. I was up a little in FM and H20 but ya know what? I am fine with it; my clothes - size 4 - fit just fine.

I printed my before andafter and have posted them to the mirror where I get dressed in the mornings - even had a "talk" with that before girl pic last night after a killer gym class! Told that before girl that she was the reason I was doing/ have done this and I will not let her come back into my life! ( I know - little weird, but I know you folks would understand!)
Old 09-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Hi All - so close to being part of the team..... they gave me the paperwork for the short term maintenance and they told me that I would probably go to 35 carbs a day. I was wondering - do you still focus on being in ketosis? I actually don't test everyday anymore - was wondering if you test at all anymore... will post pictures after this weekend.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:50 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Quote:
Hi All - so close to being part of the team..... they gave me the paperwork for the short term maintenance and they told me that I would probably go to 35 carbs a day. I was wondering - do you still focus on being in ketosis? I actually don't test everyday anymore - was wondering if you test at all anymore... will post pictures after this weekend.
I haven't tested since I have been in maintenance. My clinic told me not to. I have been in maintenance for 1 1/2 months and have stayed the same in all categories of the tanita scale. Good luck, you are almost there.
hudiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:08 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No ketostix here. I haven't used them for a long time. You will be here soon enough Macauley.

McBoo
Old 09-26-2009, 06:55 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Made It!

All

I finally decided I deserved to check this thread out and I'm really glad I did!
I stuck with the acute phase menu yesterday and I'm now ready to let myself eat a few more carbs . It seems weird to think that I'm actually at goal. I don't know if y'all had the same feelings about the fact that you're actually at the weight your supposed to be- I was here once before but messed that up by ignoring my body's nutritional needs and allowed myself to regain most of the weight I'd lost

I celebrated my transition yesterday by going to the gym and mowing the lawn-yeesh-no wonder I'm a little tired today . I'll be heading to the gym later-just drinking my pre-workout liter of water with CL hydration in it.

I look forward to more sharing and caring here as well as watching the monthly threads. I feel as if I have a new group of friends with a common interest here

Cindy
dodgern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:20 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shanlock
Stats: 5'7" 257/219.4/200 is 2nd mini-goal
Start Date: September 29, 2009
Question for those of you on maintenance

Hello everyone!

I am going to my first initial consultation on Monday and I am excited about beginning the Medi WOL!

On the Medi website, I noticed that there is a short term maintenance phase and then the wellness phase. I was just wondering if you guys could tell me more what the difference is between these.

Congratulations to you all for achieving your goals!
shanlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanlock View Post
Hello everyone!

I am going to my first initial consultation on Monday and I am excited about beginning the Medi WOL!

On the Medi website, I noticed that there is a short term maintenance phase and then the wellness phase. I was just wondering if you guys could tell me more what the difference is between these.

Congratulations to you all for achieving your goals!
Short term maintainance last between 2-4 weeks and is to transition you to wellness phase (long term maintainance) which you are on for the rest of your life.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your first visit.

McBoo
Old 09-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hauxhurst93
Need a little bit of help

Hi. I am new to this board (actually this is my first post on any board) but feel I need some help from people who have so experience with Medi Weightloss maintenace. Recently lost weight on Medi Weightloss. Reached Maintence and now see the scale starting to creep up and the clothes starting to get a little tighter. I exercise 6 days a week (running, weight training, swimming) but am having trouble keeping to the 1300 calories I am allowed based on the computer read out to maintance my weight. I try to limit my carb intake because I feel my body doesn't process carbs efficiently but I thought that I would eventually be able to eat a more "regular" food program. I worked hard to take this weight off and would love some suggestions on how to keep it off. Look forward to your feedback
hauxhurst93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauxhurst93 View Post
Hi. I am new to this board (actually this is my first post on any board) but feel I need some help from people who have so experience with Medi Weightloss maintenace. Recently lost weight on Medi Weightloss. Reached Maintence and now see the scale starting to creep up and the clothes starting to get a little tighter. I exercise 6 days a week (running, weight training, swimming) but am having trouble keeping to the 1300 calories I am allowed based on the computer read out to maintance my weight. I try to limit my carb intake because I feel my body doesn't process carbs efficiently but I thought that I would eventually be able to eat a more "regular" food program. I worked hard to take this weight off and would love some suggestions on how to keep it off. Look forward to your feedback
Hauxhurst93,

What exactly are you eating and drinking? You may also be gaining muscle from an intense workout program which will add pounds to the scale.

McBoo
Old 09-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NIKKI21
Stats: 181.4/134.8 Now on Maintenance :0)
WOE: MEDI WEIGHTLOSS CLINICS
Start Date: 12/04/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgern View Post
All

I finally decided I deserved to check this thread out and I'm really glad I did!
I stuck with the acute phase menu yesterday and I'm now ready to let myself eat a few more carbs . It seems weird to think that I'm actually at goal. I don't know if y'all had the same feelings about the fact that you're actually at the weight your supposed to be- I was here once before but messed that up by ignoring my body's nutritional needs and allowed myself to regain most of the weight I'd lost

I celebrated my transition yesterday by going to the gym and mowing the lawn-yeesh-no wonder I'm a little tired today . I'll be heading to the gym later-just drinking my pre-workout liter of water with CL hydration in it.

I look forward to more sharing and caring here as well as watching the monthly threads. I feel as if I have a new group of friends with a common interest here

Cindy
4 months into maintenance for me and I still have a hard time wrapping my head around where I am now.

I fight myself over becoming obsessed with that total weight! I actually gained a couple of pounds BUT my clothes feel ok and my BMI is still good. I can tell other people that I am OK about the gain BUT I doubt myself......

I agree w/ you about being able to share with my medi-friends.
NIKKI21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fabulous@50
Stats: 182/140/140
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauxhurst93 View Post
If your clothes still fit well, you may be gaining muscle. As strange as it may sound, are you actually eating enough? Sometimes if you cut back too far, your body starts rebelling. Do you still journal and keep track of your total carbs? I have continued to journal everyday and keep track of every bite I put in my mouth. I workout 5 days/week. Mon/Thurs 30 weights on upper body + 60 minutes of elliptical, Tues/Fri 30 weights on lower body + 60 min elliptcal; Wed - 60 min elliptical. I walk on Saturdays for 30-40 minutes. Rest on Sundays. My calorie intake ranges between 1600-1800 per day with less than 100 NET carbs per day (carbs- fiber-sugar alcohol). I have been in maintenance for about 3 months now and have actually lost 2 more pounds to get to my original goal of 140. I am still learning that there are certain carbs I cannot eat = certain cereals, regular pasta, potatoes, etc. If I do, I get severe cravings and want to eat the entire bag! I also discovered that I am lactose intolerate. When I eat like I should, I feel so much better and I look better now than I have since I was a teenager. I would suggest going back to Medi for a followup visit and see if they may be able to pinpoint if there's a problem. - Kathy
Fabulous@50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
Question to those on maintenance, do you still take the fat burner pills? I had bought a bottle of Green Tea Fat Burners from Costco or BJ's but the directions are different from the Medi ones. If you are still taking them...do you follow the same directions from the Medi pills or do you follow the directions on the Green Tea bottle? Thanks, Ginny
hudiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudiman View Post
Question to those on maintenance, do you still take the fat burner pills? I had bought a bottle of Green Tea Fat Burners from Costco or BJ's but the directions are different from the Medi ones. If you are still taking them...do you follow the same directions from the Medi pills or do you follow the directions on the Green Tea bottle? Thanks, Ginny
Hi Ginny- I still take the fatburners cuz I still have fat to burn I follow the directions on the Green Tea bottle because they are the Mega "T" and have other ingredients in them. Mine states to take no more than 2/day. I've actually been taking these for months because they are cheaper than the clinic's. My NP looked them up and said that they actually use these for people who have problems swallowing the other fatburner pills. I actually had better results with these pills than theirs!
Hope this helps

Cindy
Old 10-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Do any of you on maintenance use any low carb baking products from the Netrition.com site? I'm almost there, and want to know what kind of carbs I can add without getting cravings etc.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fabulous@50
Stats: 182/140/140
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy_d View Post
Do any of you on maintenance use any low carb baking products from the Netrition.com site? I'm almost there, and want to know what kind of carbs I can add without getting cravings etc.
Tracy, I LOVE the Dixie Diner Carb Counters Muffin Mix - Classic Carrot. I add a few diced almonds to the recipe for extra crunch. I also like the Dreamfield Angel Hair pasta. Dreamfield is the ONLY pasta I can eat without getting severe cravings. I use Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour for my favorite sugar-free low carb blackberry pie (IT'S AWESOME). I also use the DaVinci Sugar Free Sweetening Syrup for that recipe. I have ordered some of the Walden Farm products. The Alfredo Sauce was pretty good. - Kathy
Fabulous@50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:41 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the info Kathy!!

I was looking at the Carb Quick product and the low carb cake mixes. I remember McBoo saying to stay away from CarbQuick, but didn't know if that included maintenance phase as well.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:10 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In maintainance Carbquick should be OK is small amounts. I second almond flour as a good choice. There is a lot you can use it for.

McBoo
Old 10-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
I chose not to go for Carb Quick..and opted for almond flour instead...like McBoo has said...there is sooooo much you can do with it.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
Question for those of you on maintenance.

Initially I planned on doing Medi to drop the weight fast and get to a more manageable point, and then go onto Weight Watchers to maintain/lose slowly.

How do you guys feel about the Medi maintenance program, and is that silly to think about the WW for ongoing maintenance? WW is a very good program imo, but I needed something more drastic to start out. What do you guys think? What would be the cons of doing that?
Justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1 View Post

Initially I planned on doing Medi to drop the weight fast and get to a more manageable point, and then go onto Weight Watchers to maintain/lose slowly.

How do you guys feel about the Medi maintenance program, and is that silly to think about the WW for ongoing maintenance? WW is a very good program imo, but I needed something more drastic to start out. What do you guys think? What would be the cons of doing that?
Hey Justin- I think it would be wiser to stick with MWL. Even though I feel I know what I should be eating now, they're helping me to add foods and decrease my app supp. I'm down to 1 pill/day-1/2 in the AM and 1/2 after lunch. I think I'm using them as a soother more than a necessity though
I like the feeling of waking up after I take them
By looking at maintenance info-the clinic is adjusting my calorie intake to my new weight so I can maintain the loss without gaining any back! However, I'm actually having a problem eating carbs cuz I really don't want them
I double my veggie intake instead which also supplies me with added carbs. BUT I've noticed that I've lost another 3lbs in the past 2 weeks! I blame my workouts!! I started using the arc trainer and cut off my step machine,bike and treadmill. My trainer also showed me some ab exercises which has reduced my waist by 3/4 inch!!! I'm not complaining mind you BUT I really didn't expect to do this in 2 weeks' time!!

SO-all said, I would stick with MWL for a little bit longer before leaving the nest and flying with WW!!!!

Cindy
Old 10-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
Justin-Here's my WW experience. SIX years ago, I gained 10 pounds so I joined WW to drop those 10 pounds. Well, WW really does support a diet that is heavy on the carbs...even with points. Their recipes, etc are carb loaded. Long story short after a month of following WW perfectly, I had GAINED another 10 pounds!!

My opinion-stick with MWL, they offer a healthy low carb lifestyle. Also, one of my biggest previous diet mistakes...not seeing it through the maintenance portion. Stick around and go through it with me! El

Quote:

fit2b55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 4/15/09
Well, I am definitely going to stay all through the maintenance and stuff...but I mean like a year down the road or so...I haven't really read up on enough of the ongoing wellness/maintenance phases perhaps.
Justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Well, I am definitely going to stay all through the maintenance and stuff...but I mean like a year down the road or so...I haven't really read up on enough of the ongoing wellness/maintenance phases perhaps.
Justin,

I've thought of doing the same thing. Finish maintenance and continue to follow the Medi WOE, but use WW just for the accountability. Again, down the road. I am a lifetime member, so it would be free.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote