Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Great job Erin!!! Good to see you!!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #992
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Great job Erin!!! Good to see you!!
Hiya honey! How are ya??
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #993
Major LCF Poster!

Buried in 16 inches of snow today!! Thankfully not scheduled to work today or tomorrow

Just rereading the old Energy In/Energy Out thread to get myself motivated AGAIN!! I have been free from sinus infections for several months and there is no reason why I cannot succeed now! (No longer on those tendonitis producing antibiotics). Have a problem with hating myself that this weight came back on after reaching goal. So ready to just BE at goal and love the benefits of staying there!!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #994
Senior LCF Member

I swear. If I could only lose this stupid 10 lbs. I'm carrying around. Did Weight Watchers for a few weeks with a friend of mine. Even bought their $40 device that tells you how many "points" you are burning throughout the day. What a crock. I was hungry all the time, craving everything in sight, eating a TON of fruit (0 points), and of course I gained weight. That just does not work for me anymore. I had a "come to Jesus talk with myself a couple of days ago and there is no time like the present to get rid of this weight. I called Medi and made an appointment to go in but then cancelled. I can't bring myself to pay another initial fee and then $70 a week when I can't take the appetite suppressant (BMI too low) or do injections (allergic to serum they use) only to get the same printout photo copies that I already have. I would literally be paying someone to weigh me once a week. SO I'm going to try and do this alone. Made my grocery list. Starting week 1 tomorrow. I hate week 1. Not looking forward to it whatsoever.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
Old 05-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #995
Major LCF Poster!

Erin!!!! HUGS!!!!

I totally agree about going back and repaying all over again to MWL. I stopped in my clinic last week, I'd have to be a new patient all over again. I just cannot bring myself to that! So instead I am seeing a counselor and doing my copay. She will see me every other week and I just weigh myself. Yesterday I went to the store and bought things for week one. I started this AM for week one again. WE CAN DO THIS!!!! I need to get a pork in the crock pot pretty soon so that I can have that divided up for some meals. Part of my problem is limited options for breakfast since I now cannot stand the taste of soy in any form....so no protein bars. I am 42 lbs over goal. My knees hurt with carrying this weight around. I have bicycled the 4 miles around the lake as my husband walks, but that too hurts. Trying some glucosamine starting today. I had done Weight Watchers over this past spring/summer and would say that helped me to gain an additional 10 lbs that I have since worked off. Fruit is so delicious but those carbs affect me too....even with Metformin three times a day, my insulin resistance/diabetic family history-body just deposits the 0 point food into fat!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #996
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dtg1990
Stats: 64" 163/126.6/120
WOE: Was Medi Weight Loss, now exercise/good nutrition
Start Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
I swear. If I could only lose this stupid 10 lbs. I'm carrying around. Did Weight Watchers for a few weeks with a friend of mine. Even bought their $40 device that tells you how many "points" you are burning throughout the day. What a crock. I was hungry all the time, craving everything in sight, eating a TON of fruit (0 points), and of course I gained weight. That just does not work for me anymore. I had a "come to Jesus talk with myself a couple of days ago and there is no time like the present to get rid of this weight. I called Medi and made an appointment to go in but then cancelled. I can't bring myself to pay another initial fee and then $70 a week when I can't take the appetite suppressant (BMI too low) or do injections (allergic to serum they use) only to get the same printout photo copies that I already have. I would literally be paying someone to weigh me once a week. SO I'm going to try and do this alone. Made my grocery list. Starting week 1 tomorrow. I hate week 1. Not looking forward to it whatsoever.

Good luck with the first week! Try to keep busy so you don't think about how hungry you may feel!
dtg1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #997
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Erin!!!! HUGS!!!!

I totally agree about going back and repaying all over again to MWL. I stopped in my clinic last week, I'd have to be a new patient all over again. I just cannot bring myself to that! So instead I am seeing a counselor and doing my copay. She will see me every other week and I just weigh myself. Yesterday I went to the store and bought things for week one. I started this AM for week one again. WE CAN DO THIS!!!! I need to get a pork in the crock pot pretty soon so that I can have that divided up for some meals. Part of my problem is limited options for breakfast since I now cannot stand the taste of soy in any form....so no protein bars. I am 42 lbs over goal. My knees hurt with carrying this weight around. I have bicycled the 4 miles around the lake as my husband walks, but that too hurts. Trying some glucosamine starting today. I had done Weight Watchers over this past spring/summer and would say that helped me to gain an additional 10 lbs that I have since worked off. Fruit is so delicious but those carbs affect me too....even with Metformin three times a day, my insulin resistance/diabetic family history-body just deposits the 0 point food into fat!
Hi Friend! Let's do this thing!

For breakfast, I eat the same thing every morning: egg beater egg mugs. Or I'll have an EAS shake. This morning though - I've had both. It's noon and I feel ok - of course I could eat because I'm used to snacking all day - but I think I'll live. Pork in the crock pot sounds so yummy right now.

My stomach is rumbling like crazy. Sugar alcohols from the EAS I guess... Great.

I'm so sorry about your knees. Do you swim? I don't but friends with knee problems do and they swear by it. Or even water aerobics.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #998
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: videochick
Me, too.

Hi,

I found this forum just as our clinic was closing in Fall 2011. I had gotten to goal losing 30lbs but they kind of rushed me through the wellness/maintenance phase.

All that to say that I too have gained about 10-12 lbs back in the past year, also tried Weight Watchers and did not lose anything, didn't gain either just stayed the same. I think as you get closer to your goal, even on WW you have to really watch your food intake. The freedom to eat what you want within your points just doesn't work for me when my points are so low.

We don't have a center anywhere us so the decision to pay them for a second go round is moot.

I'm trying week 1 again myself. I had a few AS left but i'm saving them for the tough days coming- weddings, graduation. etc. So I'm going to bump up the protein calories from 500 to maybe 700 for a few days just to "reset" and see how that goes.

Good luck everyone.

mel
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #999
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: videochick
Aha!

Actually, I see I joined this site in Sept. 2010!! I must have forgotten and found my way back when they told us our clinic was closing. Took me awhile to come out of lurkdom.

mel
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #1000
Senior LCF Member

Glad you're back! Seems we're in the same boat! Good luck with week 1. I'm not all that hungry today but I'm really tired... zzzzzzz.

I'm so excited to be back where I was!!! I have a vacation the end of June and I need to feel comfortable wearing shorts. Right now I don't fit into anything!! You're right about being closer to goal and being slow. I hope the first week with Medi was better than the first week with WW though. lol I lost a whopping 1 lb after all that suffering!

Add: So I just estimated a 2 lb loss per week up to the end of June means I should be at 125 exactly. I wonder if that's realistic....

Last edited by eptexy; 05-06-2013 at 04:51 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

Erin - My chiropractor today was just talkng to me about swimmng. I dd that in 2011 and loved it....but it is not very convenient. YMCA is 20 mins away....I just got to work out a schedule. The local pool is where I did most swimming in 2011 but doesn't open til after Memorial Day.

Rats....events Tues and Thurs, and daughter coming from KC for Mother's Day. Perhaps my week one will be started next Monday. I con't usually have these kinds of events, and just dont think I can be successful and NICE when on week one at these events!!

I'm glad you are here with us Mel!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #1002
Senior LCF Member

Ya I was thinking about Mother's Day. My goal will be to just not get kicked out of ketosis. I don't even know what we are doing yet... Why do holidays always revolve around eating?

I went to the chiropractor for the first time yesterday!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #1003
Senior LCF Member

Ugh. Week 1 down. Did fabulous - lost 6 lbs. And strayed some yesterday which I knew would bite me in the butt. Sure enough I am STARVING today but did well - up until around 3PM which is my witching hour. Now I am completely and totally off the wagon. Crap.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #1004
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Ugh. Week 1 down. Did fabulous - lost 6 lbs. And strayed some yesterday which I knew would bite me in the butt. Sure enough I am STARVING today but did well - up until around 3PM which is my witching hour. Now I am completely and totally off the wagon. Crap.
My clinic has told me if I am starving it is ok to eat more PROTEIN. So I try to have pork and chicken at home ready to be cooked. Yesterday I had 3 ounces of precooked chicken breast strips, and ate them, went to log them, and realized I about tripled my sodium intake. Despite being in range of my protein intake and not cheating, my weight increased nearly 2 lbs overnight. So, back to making my own protein. Argh.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #1005
Major LCF Poster!

Erin - I'm "in"....it was time to begin the day after Mother's Day, and besides I have been concerned about my brother who is in the hospital, so just eating protein is working for me and I have lost about 4 1/2 lbs in the past 2 days. That happens you know with just starting.

Huge prayer request. My brother, Steve, is in ICU in Florida where he lives. He is in very serious condition with multiple complications as a result of medications his doctor had him on in the past 6 months, and then 1 1/2 weeks ago he had been given a third medication (for depression/anxiety). Last Thursday he had 3 seizures, and after the third one they transferred him to ICU and placed him on the ventilator and sedation to manage his airway and prevent further aspiration. He was diagnosed with pneumonia. Yesterday I learned that he has a deadly condition called rhabdomyalosis which means his muscle tissue has been breaking down and that put him at risk for kidney failure because the by-products are filtered through the kidneys (his CPK was up to 5,000; normal is less than 100). Meanwhile, he has developed encephalopathy (brain injury) so that when sedation is being weaned down, he is not cognitively able to follow commands due to the brain injury (probably from the rhabdomyalosis)....therefore they could not take him off the ventilator today because he would not be able to cough or take a deep breath if told to do so. I'm very concerned. My parents are driving cross-country from Arkansas to get to him and should be there Wed AM. Please pray for them. I am thankful for Steve's girlfriend, who really loves him, and has been with him in the hospital lots.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #1006
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Erin - I'm "in"....it was time to begin the day after Mother's Day, and besides I have been concerned about my brother who is in the hospital, so just eating protein is working for me and I have lost about 4 1/2 lbs in the past 2 days. That happens you know with just starting.

Huge prayer request. My brother, Steve, is in ICU in Florida where he lives. He is in very serious condition with multiple complications as a result of medications his doctor had him on in the past 6 months, and then 1 1/2 weeks ago he had been given a third medication (for depression/anxiety). Last Thursday he had 3 seizures, and after the third one they transferred him to ICU and placed him on the ventilator and sedation to manage his airway and prevent further aspiration. He was diagnosed with pneumonia. Yesterday I learned that he has a deadly condition called rhabdomyalosis which means his muscle tissue has been breaking down and that put him at risk for kidney failure because the by-products are filtered through the kidneys (his CPK was up to 5,000; normal is less than 100). Meanwhile, he has developed encephalopathy (brain injury) so that when sedation is being weaned down, he is not cognitively able to follow commands due to the brain injury (probably from the rhabdomyalosis)....therefore they could not take him off the ventilator today because he would not be able to cough or take a deep breath if told to do so. I'm very concerned. My parents are driving cross-country from Arkansas to get to him and should be there Wed AM. Please pray for them. I am thankful for Steve's girlfriend, who really loves him, and has been with him in the hospital lots.
Praying for your brother.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #1007
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you dtg!! Praise God!! My parents arrived at the hospital about 1 1/2 hours ago and when my Dad talked to him Steve opened his eyes! He also responded to my mom's voice! I asked them to put the phone next to his ear and I also spoke comforting words to him and that I love him and they said that he lifted his head up and was looking around like trying to figure out where I was. He is on the lowest sedation he's been on since his horrible 2am Friday seizure and aspiration. He continues on the ventilator. Still on IV antibiotics for pneumonia. But, I am so thankful! Perhaps he will be able to be off the ventilator in the next day or two!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #1008
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you dtg!! Praise God!! My parents arrived at the hospital about 1 1/2 hours ago and when my Dad talked to him Steve opened his eyes! He also responded to my mom's voice! I asked them to put the phone next to his ear and I also spoke comforting words to him and that I love him and they said that he lifted his head up and was looking around like trying to figure out where I was. He is on the lowest sedation he's been on since his horrible 2am Friday seizure and aspiration. He continues on the ventilator. Still on IV antibiotics for pneumonia. But, I am so thankful! Perhaps he will be able to be off the ventilator in the next day or two!
That is such great news! Many prayers going your way. One day at a time...
Old 05-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #1009
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Erin. It truly is one day at time for him....still on the ventilator after slight setback last evening. Needing him to really wake up better before he's allowed to be off the ventilator...
Old 05-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #1010
Major LCF Poster!

Update!! Late Sunday afternoon (the 19th) my DB was able to successfully be removed from the ventilator and is doing well with oxygen by mask now. He has been confused, and some of that yesterday and today was from the sedation medications he was on while on the ventilator for 10 days. He is still very weak physically, but he is coming around in his orientation. He has his days and nights mixed up (as is common when someone hasn't seen the sun go up and come down for many days in ICU, though he does have a window). The neurologist saw him yesterday and is expecting his brain will be back at "baseline" about Thursday or Friday. I have been talking to him and he has been talking back by phone. He is not receiving any meds to sleep or antidepressants at our request. He was never on anything like that until recently (about 8 months before all this happened). Sunday we learned from his girlfriend that for over a year he has been drinking a very large glass of "energy drink" that had gingseng and caffiene in it and that is probably why he was having trouble breathing...and the ICU doctor heard us discussing this on speaker phone when she entered the room and said that gingseng also releases serotonin which began the whole thing...and then when other serotonin releasing medications were prescribed the psychiatrist never asked about herbals. I feel that Christian counseling for forgiveness for several past hurts would be vital to bring him peace (forgiveness of his ex-wife for divorcing him about 5 years ago though during their 8-10 year marriage she wasn't really all-in, forgiveness of a girlfriend about 1 1/2 years ago who robbed his home and took alot of trust of others from him, and just being able to deal with being on disability since a limb-changing motorcycle accident about 2 1/2 years ago that has changed his self identity because he cannot work like he used to).

Please continue to pray for wisdom for the doctors and nurses caring for him. I will be flying early Thursday (the 23rd) to go to see him, and will return Tuesday (the 28th). I don't know what I can do, other than what I have been doing from afar; but I do know that my parents and his girlfriend are very tired and perhaps another family member around will allow them to get better rest.

Thank you!!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #1011
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
How is it going?

I am closer to my goal but not as close as you and I also don't qualify for the suppressants now. Still have 17 lbs to lose in my mind. How did you do it and how are you doing again on the program?
Old 04-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #1012
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kjdonlevy
Almost to Maintenance - question for all of you

Hello everyone,

A newbie here. I joined Medi 11 weeks ago and have lost 33 lbs. as of yesterday. I have been reading this board for several weeks and have been encouraged by all of you along the way. I have a question about goal weight and BMI and wanted to get all of your thoughts on this. I posted this in the Medi Friends 2014 board as well so apologies for those of you that might run across it twice.

At my weigh-in yesterday, my counselor said the dr. will want to talk to me next week since I am so close to my goal weight. Apparently, they consider you at goal weight as soon as your BMI reaches 25. However, that would still put me 10 pounds heavier than where I want to be. I'm wondering why they want you to stop as soon as your BMI gets to 25, since a healthy BMI is a range and even once I lose the extra 10 lbs. that I want to lose, my BMI will still be within a healthy range - at 23.

I am planning to ask them this question at my weigh-in next week but I wanted to get your opinions. While I would like to continue with Medi into maintenance, if they insist that I stop, then I guess I will have to stop Medi and lose the last 10 on my own. Did anyone have this situation at Medi as you neared your goal weight? Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
kjdonlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #1013
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 30 2011
Just popping in to say still maintaining here, have gained about 5lbs back, but not too bad at 2.5 years post weight loss. I just buckle down when the scale moves up restrict the carbs , up the protein, cut the calories.

Good luck to everyone on their journey!

Edit to add, I was at 132 and now at 137.

Last edited by hyonlyf; 05-08-2014 at 08:22 PM..
hyonlyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #1014
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMom515
Stats: 143/136.3/115
WOE: Medi-WeightLoss
Start Date: 5/24/11
Hello Maintainers. I've been in Maintenance for several years now .. but still taking Stay Slim and Vita Super daily (as I still need help to hold off the creep-up pounds.) I buy them online from the Medi online website .. However, I've not been able to order the Stay Slim lately. 'Out of Stock' it says... and
Available Only in Your Local Medi-Weightloss®. I had originally gone to the Medi office to buy these supplements (to avoid shipping fees) but they refused.. said I had to buy them online. Now what do I do ..? Any one know more about this ?
HockeyMom515 is offline   Reply With Quote