Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #931
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ferrarimomof3
Stats: 226.6/125/125.6
WOE: Medi- short maintenance phase
Start Date: 1/11/11
I am so glad this is up here. I couldn't watch find it. Slow with computers I guess. I better get busy reading. I have been winging it since Oct.11. I have recommendations from clinic. However I have been confused. So, I have been trying to avoid carbs.
ferrarimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #932
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbwired
Stats: 227/171/142
WOE: Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: November 17, 2010
I'm so glad to see activity on these pages. I have been reading as many maintenance posts as I can. I'm doing this on my own, so I'm trying to get as much info as possible. This thread has been a great help. I'm working hard to join you ladies soon!

Barb
barbwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #933
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hey medi peeps! Thought I'd check in. Not doing well and needed some motivation so of course I came here.

Went to Italy in September and surprisingly lost a few pounds there! All the walking I guess and not stopping to eat? However, it was primarily CARBS so I came home not only starving but also craving carbs so I've backslid quite a bit. I have become soooo lax on my diet and I'm sitting a LOT. I'm 132 an 27% fat right now and I'm starting TOMORROW on getting things under control. I started walking yesterday and that felt pretty good.

I have some friends coming to visit in January so that will be a great incentive to get back on track. I know it will be relatively easy to do if I just do what I should!

Thanks for always being here!

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #934
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Erin!!
I'm so glad you checked in with us....I say "us" loosely since I am not maintaining....I am in my last week of grad school and have packed on inches and lbs while packing in the long study hours! No exercise since summer due to grad school project and working more at the site where I did my project. Well....I will be back at it in a little while. Just gotta get this profile finished up, and a journal, time log, and discussion board entry. I am excited for it to finally be over soon!!
You can do it, and reach goal again very soon!! I know you can!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #935
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hyonlyf
Stats: 169/135/135 reached goal Dec 15
WOE: MWL
Start Date: August 30 2011
I had appt yesterday, so far so good, lost 2.2 fat, gained 2.0 water and 0.6 muscle so all is well. I have had horrible chocolate and sweet cravings. Ugh.

I have discovered Special K protein plus cereal for breakfast is delicious! Add a little bit of Truvia, tbsp chopped walnuts, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk for a tasty treat. Banana is good too, but a lot of carbs.

Next appt on 18th. Hope all you other maintainers are maintaining :-)
hyonlyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #936
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
hyonly....I hope to be joining you all here in the next month (ideally) or two. So far my "ideal" goals have been met which is rather shocking for this 53 yr old who decided years ago that her body was highly resistant to weight loss.

What has helped during this acute phase is my focus on this phase as being the necessary but "not important" one. I want so much to MAINTAIN and have looked to that phase as the real one.

I too hope to lose more while maintaining since I have set my goal wt a bit higher for my height. I did so for two reasons. One, I wanted something realistic that I thought I had a prayer of reaching, lol. And two...I know once I reach the goal for medi, I can have my metabolism test and see what I can do to lose a few more pounds and still work on "maintenance".

Hang in there! And I'm like you...I hope more show up so we can encourage each other!
MaraMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #937
Major LCF Poster!

MaraMom - I think you were smart to make your goal 150....I initially made mine 137 and I'm also 5'4", when I reached goal at 137 and was told to just increase calories, it was SO scarey....as my weight got to 143 I felt realistic disappointment but gave myself grace....as I reached 150 I was very hard on myself. Be good to yourself!!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #938
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Maintainance is the hardest part of this whole thing. Losing the weight is easy and keeping it off is doggoned hard.
I reached my third anniversary in December of beginning this program. I am almost always within 5-6 pounds of my goal weight. I allow myself this leeway because it gives me the freedom to be me. To NOT walk on a given day or to walk a half marathon, to eat pasta or to do a week one. Choices. It is all about choices. Making good ones that you know in your heart are good ones. A few bad choices? Yep it happens. But they are always recoverable. FINALLY after three years, it is sinking in. The clothes fit, my body will never be 20 years old again and I am fine with how I look...with and without clothes.
I love the compliments, and am happy with life. I think that is part of the whole thing too. Being happy with who you are and where you are in your life.

...anyway...that is the view from here!

Jo
Old 01-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #939
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stownsend
Stats: 274/173/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 9/30/10
if you have not tried the 71 cal extreme wellness wrap... it is a must great taste, great for pizza or wraps.. better choice than the flat wraps
stownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #940
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaraMom View Post
hyonly....I hope to be joining you all here in the next month (ideally) or two. So far my "ideal" goals have been met which is rather shocking for this 53 yr old who decided years ago that her body was highly resistant to weight loss.

What has helped during this acute phase is my focus on this phase as being the necessary but "not important" one. I want so much to MAINTAIN and have looked to that phase as the real one.

I too hope to lose more while maintaining since I have set my goal wt a bit higher for my height. I did so for two reasons. One, I wanted something realistic that I thought I had a prayer of reaching, lol. And two...I know once I reach the goal for medi, I can have my metabolism test and see what I can do to lose a few more pounds and still work on "maintenance".

Hang in there! And I'm like you...I hope more show up so we can encourage each other!
Yes, Mara, you will be at the end soon!

Funnily, I did the opposite of you, I made my goal LOWER than what I really wanted so I'd have a cushion of 5lbs to play with. I feel good at 140 but went to 135. Hope my logic isn't flawed.

I find Medi maintenance to be totally disorganized at my clinic. No one has offered the metabolism test, no one has taken after photo, and they said no more AS, but I still get 21 at each appoimtment...which is still full price. However, they said appointments cost less in maintenance, oh well.

I go biweekly, but still get my shots x 2 every week. In the acute phase I was less hungry than I am now. Weird.

I am reading Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes, great insightful book so far, I highly recommend everyone read it!

Last edited by hyonlyf; 01-11-2012 at 09:34 AM..
Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #941
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Erin...Are you back on plan?!

Jo...Thanks for the good advice, again. I am realizing that some carbs are just not worth the risk, and should not be in my home, no matter what!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:35 AM   #942
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaraMom
Stats: 219.5/149.4/150 (5' 4")
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: July 25, 2011
Thx Hify..I may check out that book! My clinic is "friendly" but rather perfunctory with my visits once I got past the first 6 weeks or so. I have to remind them to measure my waist, they stopped asking for to see my journal for 3 months then suddenly started asking again. I would bring it and show it to them for awhile but got tired of them "glancing " at it. I've never seen the OB/GYN who bought the franchise and has his OB clients down the hall.

I've also been told different things. I would def ASK about the metabolism test if I were you...on our radio ad here I heard mention of the test during the wellness stage, not the maintenance stage so now I wonder!

They also have said the maintenance stage is a weekly visit and a bi weekly visit (different people say different things.) I just want the test and the accountability of weighing in every few weeks. I pretty much do the diet on my own. I do get the shots and used stay slim 2 x a day only until last week when i switched to one stay slim and one RX AS cause I wanted to check them out before I could no longer get them.

Soooo, the diet works but the clinics vary widely on their quality.
MaraMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #943
Senior LCF Member

When does the hair loss stop?

I figure soon since I'm up to 1000+ calories.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #944
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
2nd Medi Annicersary

2 years ago, today, I walked into a Midiweightloss clinic and now I feel compelled to come to this thread and provide my "status". Just a few stats: I lost 113 lb in 9 months and started maintenance. Today I am 25 lb heavier than I was then but 88 lb lighter than I was when I started Medi. Since October 2010, it was a constant battle gaining 15-20 lb and then losing them again. I did numerous week 1s. Every time the weight went up and down, a couple of residual pounds stayed, hence I now have 25 of them.
I realized that I never really learned a new way of thinking about food. All along I exercised as much as I could. Then life happened - foot surgery, knee problems, weddings, holidays, birthdays, boredom...

It is a fact that majority of people who dieted regained some or all of the weight lost within 5 years. I want to be a minority

On the upside, in these past 2 years, I learned a lot about my body, about low carb lifstyle and I know that lowcarbing is the only way to control the weight. If I did not learn all that, I would have gained much more at this point (done that in the past many times).

I feel that I am getting better in my relations with food lately (at least most of the time) and now stand a chance to lose these 25 lb or whatever I would lose. If not, I will make sure I would not gain any.

For those who struggles with the same issues, I think it takes time for the right thinking about food to sink in but it will eventually will if you are willing.

I have not posted much but read often. I can share my good and bad experience, don't hesitate to ask any questions.

"Nothing tastes better than thin feels"
-------------------
Was in wellness!
Restart on 04/05/11 to lose 15 gained lb
253/148/140
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #945
Major LCF Poster!

Irina,
You know I was just like you the first 8 months after reaching goal in Sept 2010, it started with 5 to 8 lbs....then over a holiday went up to 15 lbs that I thought I could get off pretty easily....then a vacation made it 20....then grad school's last semester (late Aug til late Dec 2011) made the regain a total of nearly 40 lbs!! Good grief!! Now that I'm done with grad school I went back to the clinic almost 2 wks ago for a check in and made an appt for 6 wks later....I want a difference to happen QUICKLY!! But the extra weight has made it more difficult to exercise AGAIN and I'm frustrated I cannot just get out and jog....I'm too out of shape. When I go past a mirror I'm surprised by the big woman's reflection that I see!! It took a while 2 years ago to get used to the smaller reflection that was appearing, and in my head that is now what I expect to see!!

LET'S DO THIS!! Are you still walking? I went through week 1 and lost 7 lbs...then went on a church retreat the past 3 days and didn't have available, and did not make good choices, now I'm needing remotivated again.

Do you want to do the energy in/energy out thread accountability again? I don't want to do it alone.

We can so do this AGAIN....and then learn to live low carb thereafter!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #946
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Irina,
You know I was just like you the first 8 months after reaching goal in Sept 2010, it started with 5 to 8 lbs....then over a holiday went up to 15 lbs that I thought I could get off pretty easily....then a vacation made it 20....then grad school's last semester (late Aug til late Dec 2011) made the regain a total of nearly 40 lbs!! Good grief!! Now that I'm done with grad school I went back to the clinic almost 2 wks ago for a check in and made an appt for 6 wks later....I want a difference to happen QUICKLY!! But the extra weight has made it more difficult to exercise AGAIN and I'm frustrated I cannot just get out and jog....I'm too out of shape. When I go past a mirror I'm surprised by the big woman's reflection that I see!! It took a while 2 years ago to get used to the smaller reflection that was appearing, and in my head that is now what I expect to see!!

LET'S DO THIS!! Are you still walking? I went through week 1 and lost 7 lbs...then went on a church retreat the past 3 days and didn't have available, and did not make good choices, now I'm needing remotivated again.

Do you want to do the energy in/energy out thread accountability again? I don't want to do it alone.

We can so do this AGAIN....and then learn to live low carb thereafter!
Debbie, as long as we don't give up, there is a chance we will succeed. This is what I keep saying to myself. And if you give up, the alternative is really bad. I had sitations like yours many times when I would do perfectly week1 and just go opposite direction next week just to regain it back. What I am doint right now is trying to eat more like maintenance for at least a few weeks, to ensure that I will not binge. After that I will pick a week where I know that for the following 6 weeks or so I have no events that involves eating. I will do week 1, will try to get into ketosis and then Medi acute for 6 weeks. At the end of 6 weeks I will reevaluate and see where I am. This restrict/binge cycle needs to to stop first. It is killing me physically and mentally. I will join you on the Energy thread then. In the meantime, pick yourself up, dust it off and start again. There is no alternative...
Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #947
Major LCF Poster!

Irina,
Sorry I haven't answered you back til now. I have been busy with work and other activities, then sick the past 2 days with sinus stuff. First time since September, so I am thankful that the sinusitis stuff has slowed down some. I know it starts with allergies, and our weather/wind turned crazy the last 1/2 of last week which sets me up no matter what I do! Now that I have some energy I'm back on board. Meanwhile I was eating okay. I have kept off the 7 lbs I lost with my refocus on week 1 off and on the past few weeks. I'll start adding exercise back into the equation on Tuesday and that should help. Nothing crazy.

I know what you mean about "food events" and how it is just a part of our social life. The other day at work there was Chinese catered in. If I'd eaten only protein I would have gone way over my designated portion of the chicken (the only protein) and would have not eaten the lo mein, crab ragoon, or steamed veggies. I limited myself to one crab ragoon, could have avoided it altogether. But lo mein, YUM! I still have work to do on my self limitation "eye".
Old 02-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #948
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty_going_85
Stats: 250/192.4/150 restart 236/222.6/150
Start Date: December 2010/ 9/9/2013
Debbie and Irinia,

Can I join you for the accountabilty? I had to stop going to Medi because my finances have changed and I just can't afford the 80 and week any longer. I just can not do it on my own. I'm so afraid of gaining my weight back. I never reached goal because I got to happy with the size 12 me. Now I size 14 and I'm afraid in 2 weeks it will be the size 16. I need someone to do this with and if you guys would allow me to join in with you I would so appreciate it.

Betty
betty_going_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #949
Major LCF Poster!

Betty,
I've been sick with sinus problems so much in the past 18 months and getting over a current infection. I have to have all kinds of work done in the hoouse to remove mold in the heating/AC unit connection, and then have our vents/returns totally cleaned and sealed. Having lots of work done around here in the next 5 days, lots of $$$ to fix it all. Had to cancel my appts with MWL cuz not a time to have that expenditure, especially when not feeling well so not on plan well, and definitely not exercising. I'm 7 days in to a 30 day stretch of Levaquin (antibiotic).
Give me about 2 to 3 wks and I'll be your accountability partner for sure!!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #950
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Betty,
I've been sick with sinus problems so much in the past 18 months and getting over a current infection. I have to have all kinds of work done in the hoouse to remove mold in the heating/AC unit connection, and then have our vents/returns totally cleaned and sealed. Having lots of work done around here in the next 5 days, lots of $$$ to fix it all. Had to cancel my appts with MWL cuz not a time to have that expenditure, especially when not feeling well so not on plan well, and definitely not exercising. I'm 7 days in to a 30 day stretch of Levaquin (antibiotic).
Give me about 2 to 3 wks and I'll be your accountability partner for sure!!
I am having health problems myself with teeth. A top mollar had to be extracted and its were in the sinuses. It's been a week and I am not getting well. They have changed antibiotics 3 times. The pain and swelling are still there. On a good note, I cannot eat normally so only soft foods and what are they? Oatmeals, etc which are not on a plan. Betty, I need accountability too and would love to have a partner. As soon as I am better, I will start in ernest. I know exactly what you say about going up in sizes. I have gone up myself and all the old feelings of not wanting to shop for clothes or be in pictures came back. I hate them. I will get rid them of them. Debbie, you and I will do it together!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #951
Major LCF Poster!

"Betty, I need accountability too and would love to have a partner. As soon as I am better, I will start in ernest. I know exactly what you say about going up in sizes. I have gone up myself and all the old feelings of not wanting to shop for clothes or be in pictures came back. I hate them. I will get rid them of them. Debbie, you and I will do it together!"

I agree!! I'll be "in" in about 10 to 14 days. These dang antibiotics are causing me to have tendon pain....my knees (esp the left), right bicep and shoulder, and both hips.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #952
Senior LCF Member

Hi all

I've enjoyed reading ALL your posts, really!! I wish I had time to respond to all, but I'm busy cooking dinner. Ironic much LOL? FYI it's meatloaf, mashed butternut squash, roasted aspargus and salad.I'm making the black bean chocolate cake for dessert, very tasty for those that want to make a sweet treat. I highly recommend!

Anyway, just want to say all is OK here. My biggest vice is the amount of sugar free sweets I consume....and nuts, OMG I love nuts in everything. Weight loss is remaining steady, need to go for an appointment but finances tight. NP said they plan to do my before and after photos next visit, so need to look good LOL

Clinics here in MS lost the right to give vitamin shots so only can do Medi-melts until legal decision made.

Hope you all are doing well and maintaining your losses. Please check in when you can.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #953
Senior LCF Member

Irina and Deb,

Are we looking to start March 1? I can't quite wait until then but whenever you guys are ready just join in. I actually started today, 2/21/12 because the scale is steadily going up and I'm freaking out. I'm not weighing myself until Sunday in hopes that the number will be more to my liking. Can't wait for us to start working this out together. I'll keep checking for your replies.

Betty
Old 02-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #954
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Irina and Deb,

Are we looking to start March 1? I can't quite wait until then but whenever you guys are ready just join in. I actually started today, 2/21/12 because the scale is steadily going up and I'm freaking out. I'm not weighing myself until Sunday in hopes that the number will be more to my liking. Can't wait for us to start working this out together. I'll keep checking for your replies.

Betty

Betty, serendipity, I did started week1 yesterday and was going to post. As I mentioned before I had one health issue after another starting after New Year so the weight crept up on me. I did weigh myself this time but many times before I would not and only weigh myself after week 1 is complete so I would not freak out when I see a number on a scale. I need to let go of about 20-25 lb and reach my goal again. I am now calm and determined and mentally ready to do week 1 and see if I get into ketosis. So I have 2 days of week 1 behind my belt. I am all for working together. We can send Private Messages to each other also. Let me know how you want to do it.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #955
Senior LCF Member

Irina,

We can start our own thread and/or private message each other. It's whatever you want.

Here is what I'm dealing with.

I'm having serious issues in the evenings. I do absolutely fabulous until I get home and then I am out of control. I just don't know what to do. Every day I start over because of falling off the wagon at night. I'm praying that I stop going down this destructive road because I know the outcome and it's pretty scary.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #956
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_going_85 View Post
Irina,

We can start our own thread and/or private message each other. It's whatever you want.

Here is what I'm dealing with.

I'm having serious issues in the evenings. I do absolutely fabulous until I get home and then I am out of control. I just don't know what to do. Every day I start over because of falling off the wagon at night. I'm praying that I stop going down this destructive road because I know the outcome and it's pretty scary.
Betty, I sent you PM
Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #957
Major LCF Poster!

Betty and Irina!! Wow, so much has happened since I last posted!! I had a bone scan last week and tomorrow I'm to see an infectious disease doctor to see if I need IV antibiotics for what the bone scan shows apparent infection within my left check bone (actual bone infection). Orthopedic doctor also confirmed that I had tendonitits in left knee, right shoulder, and hips and DOES blame it on the antibiotics (Levaquin and Cipro) I've taken 9 times in the past 4 years. As the literature on the meds report, these meds can cause tendonitis and even ruptured Achilles tendons...which he says he sees about 3 to 4 times a year. I've been really busy the past several days and having to wear a surgical mask at home while cleaning was being done, but now my house is now mold and dust-free!! I HAVE been living with lots of inflammation in last few years and I HAVE been sick! Horray that more answers are forthcoming! Wish for right now I didn't live in a multi-level home....my knees have been aching in the past few wks, now on something for that too Mobic, an NSAID. I feel hope that once the sinus bone infection issue is finalized and my tendonitis' improve that I can finally start my WOE and exercising routine again. HORRAY!!! Praise the Lord!!! I'll see what the doc says tomorrow. For right now, I'm planning to restart week 1 on Sunday!! A thread of our own would be fine with me if you want to start it Irina. =)
Old 02-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #958
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Betty and Irina!! Wow, so much has happened since I last posted!! I had a bone scan last week and tomorrow I'm to see an infectious disease doctor to see if I need IV antibiotics for what the bone scan shows apparent infection within my left check bone (actual bone infection). Orthopedic doctor also confirmed that I had tendonitits in left knee, right shoulder, and hips and DOES blame it on the antibiotics (Levaquin and Cipro) I've taken 9 times in the past 4 years. As the literature on the meds report, these meds can cause tendonitis and even ruptured Achilles tendons...which he says he sees about 3 to 4 times a year. I've been really busy the past several days and having to wear a surgical mask at home while cleaning was being done, but now my house is now mold and dust-free!! I HAVE been living with lots of inflammation in last few years and I HAVE been sick! Horray that more answers are forthcoming! Wish for right now I didn't live in a multi-level home....my knees have been aching in the past few wks, now on something for that too Mobic, an NSAID. I feel hope that once the sinus bone infection issue is finalized and my tendonitis' improve that I can finally start my WOE and exercising routine again. HORRAY!!! Praise the Lord!!! I'll see what the doc says tomorrow. For right now, I'm planning to restart week 1 on Sunday!! A thread of our own would be fine with me if you want to start it Irina. =)
Good luck, Debbie. These antibiotics are doing those things to you. I hope you feel better soon. I have my own share of health issues this year, one after another, that would not stop. We can do our own thread or we can e-mail each other, I am ok with both. I am doing week 1 - 4 days so far and going strong
Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #959
Senior LCF Member

Irina,

I sent you a private message.

Betty
Old 03-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #960
Way too much time on my hands!

well I am .5 above goal and this week I will be going on maintenance and off AS...I am also going to quit smoking. Scared I will gain...my clinic is very supoortive and explained they would be with me every step of the way but i am freaking out a bit.
aim in Fla*working is offline   Reply With Quote