Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by neneRN View Post
Hit my goal...transition feels harder to me than the acute phase; with acute, I had hard cut rules. MD at the clinic said now can go up to 800 calories a day, basically eat what I want but watch the calories and don't overdo it on carbs and fats...and then gradually increase over next 2-3 weeks to 1200 calories/day, which is what I need to maintain. I see myself already choosing low carb SF PB cookies when I would have been eating a piece of chicken in acute. I feel like its too nonspecific and gives me leeway to make not great choices. Did any of your clinics suggest specific numbers for carbs and proteins in transition?
Our clinic suggest keeping carbs low-med glycemic, under 70g per day, and to eat them before 3pm. Our Dr. actually suggest to eat the same way as in acute, only more calories and have occassional indulgences. My husband and I have been doing this for over a year now and are still at goal.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Nancy, Irina, Susie, Lins, everybody: Lea really said it all in a few words "Please don't stay away. We need you as much as you need us." What friends we have here! And, everyone thank you for posting what your clinic says, so we can all learn. Susie, thanks for the reminder of the yummy foods. I tried oopsie rolls in the past and didn't like them, maybe I'll like them better with flaxseed meal in them. Thanks.
Lins, so glad it wasn't MRSA and that she is doing well!

New group of nursing students in the AM and I'm so exhausted tonight...gotta get to bed soon. Mom, Dad, and DD#2 leave in AM. Starting eating my carb purge shortly thereafter!!
Try this recipe which turns the Oopsies into pancakes. I make them and freeze them. I take out 2 at a time for pancakes or to use in desserts. They are great layered with fillings, or with fruit and whipped cream.

Pancakes

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
8 large eggs
A pinch of cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum (optional for thicker pancakes)
18 packets of Splenda or Truvia
vanilla extract to taste
8 oz of fat free cream cheese - not softened

Separate the eggs into whites and yolks into separate bowls. Add a pinch of cream of tartar and xanthan gum to the whites and whip with mixer until stiff. In yolk bowl add cream cheese, vanilla, and sweetner. Blend with mixer until blended. Using a spatula, gently fold mixture into egg whites, being careful not to break down the whites. Spoon the mixture onto a large jelly pan (mine is 13" by 18")
Bake 25-30 minutes until the bread is golden brown. Let cool, then cut into 16 rectangles. Store in freezer bags in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature outside the bag when ready for use.

Per rectangle / 50 calories/ 2g fat/ 1g carb/ 0g fiber/ 5.5 g protein
Old 10-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yep, I agree with Irina. After reaching goal a time or two I went back to week 1 for a couple days and had ketosis again; but adding back in calories I jumped back out of ketosis. I literally could probably get to 125 based on my "love handles!" but I don't want to lose what I have up top and find out I still have my love handles. Besides, I think 125 would be too hard for me to maintain, it always was in the past. My goal is 137 (this AM I was 140.4 lbs) and wouldn't mind making it though to 133. No pressure though, just want to stay in this size and feel good in it without that carby puffiness feeling!
Deb, I decided to go for another 5 pounds hoping to lose more in my hip/butt area, but the final 5 pounds came entirely from my breasts and I didn't have much to spare. Now underwire bras are unbearable. Wish I hadn't gotten so greedy.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Deb, I decided to go for another 5 pounds hoping to lose more in my hip/butt area, but the final 5 pounds came entirely from my breasts and I didn't have much to spare. Now underwire bras are unbearable. Wish I hadn't gotten so greedy.
Wow Susie - Thanks for being so honest and for giving me a heads up about this. I think I'll just focus on trying to actually exercise instead. I have not yet incorporated weight training. I was good about aerobic exercise 3 times a week until my parents came 2 wks ago, then I only did so once a week....time to get back to it!

Thanks for the recipe too! I need to try some new things in my life that will keep me from going back to the "old" things. Have any ideas for satisfaction for a caramel craving? I know...I just need to say NO! I think of Fall and I think of caramel...

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-24-2010 at 07:04 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #755
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
True confession time. I have known that rice and I do not get along very well, even though I really love brown rice and wild rice. Well, I decided to give it another try, it has been a little over a year since last I experimented with this particular food. I had just a little over 1/2 cup of brown/wild rice with a grilled chicken breast. I made the rice myself, from rice purchased in bulk (if you can call what I bought bulk...the cashier asked what I was planning to make with such a small amount..and I told her!). Tasted great...but the next morning, the scales were up a total of 4.5 pounds...a lot of which was water. It has taken me four days now to drop back down. Moral of this story, you ask? No more rice for me. My system loves it and hangs on to it like no tomorrow. It is not worth the anguish. I can walk off a Vitalicious goodie in 13minutes. I cannot walk off the rice...had to go back to week one. And still feeling a little to sloshy.

And that is the view from here!

Jo

Last edited by Desert-Rose7; 10-25-2010 at 12:03 AM..
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for the recipe too! I need to try some new things in my life that will keep me from going back to the "old" things. Have any ideas for satisfaction for a caramel craving? I know...I just need to say NO! I think of Fall and I think of caramel...
Walden Farms makes a 0 calorie, 0 carb caramel dip. I don't know if it is any good, but it might be tasty to dip an apple into.

You might also try the baked apple in the dessert recipe section and add some caramel extract. I use extracts alot too to get some of the flavors I miss.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Susie. I realized when I made my coffee this AM that I have gone back to using my DaVinci and Torani splenda flavored no calorie coffee flavorings, including caramel. Then I thought about ways I could use them to doctor up other things (just like you had suggested)...perhaps even mixing with cream cheese. I was quite distracted/detoured from this path several months ago after all the sinus problems and my allergist had me stop artificial sugars. I need to have balance in my life, so I think I'm going to add them back in (artificial sugars) so I'm not having so many cravings and still have something filling.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
True confession time. I have known that rice and I do not get along very well, even though I really love brown rice and wild rice. Well, I decided to give it another try, it has been a little over a year since last I experimented with this particular food. I had just a little over 1/2 cup of brown/wild rice with a grilled chicken breast. I made the rice myself, from rice purchased in bulk (if you can call what I bought bulk...the cashier asked what I was planning to make with such a small amount..and I told her!). Tasted great...but the next morning, the scales were up a total of 4.5 pounds...a lot of which was water. It has taken me four days now to drop back down. Moral of this story, you ask? No more rice for me. My system loves it and hangs on to it like no tomorrow. It is not worth the anguish. I can walk off a Vitalicious goodie in 13minutes. I cannot walk off the rice...had to go back to week one. And still feeling a little to sloshy.

And that is the view from here!

Jo

Jo,
Perhaps this should be a good tool for all of us to try when adding in new foods. Have the actual allowed proportion, see how it triggers us and what body effect it has and then determine if it's worth adding back into our lives again. Thanks for the insight!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
So know Jo...so know. Realizing that some foods will just be on the forever 'no go' list is just the way it's going to be if I want to be healthy... Nice to see your post.
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Here is a copy of what I wrote on the food/energy thread (so this will make sense): "i have been on a mini vacation for my anniversay the past four days and managed to do well every day except today. we got back into town and my son was at preschool, so my husband and i have time to ourselves locally. we went bowling in the late morning for two hours...fine. we decided on a sushi place for lunch and i was ok with that because i felt like i should splurge a little on my anniversary vacation. i had a bowl of miso soup.....fine....some edamame....fine....cucumber salad.....also fine......four pieces of vegetable tempura....not so fine but not terrible. felt puffy from the grease and sodium but whatever, it was my splurge. well, i felt like it would be a terrific idea to buy a halloween cookie making kit to make with my son tonight. it WAS a terrific idea. he loved it and had lots of fun. i, however, ate two cookies and LOTS AND LOTS of dough. So much that i felt ill. i don't know what got into me. what's worse is that i made myself so sick that i couldn't work out for fear of vomiting. ugh."

I feel like I have to share this....
After I ate at the sushi place, I felt so guilty and puffy and bad about having done it that when I went to the restroom after my meal...I wanted to puke. Not because I felt sick...but to get rid of the food. This is a huge problem for me because of my past. After the cookie dough binge....(which I think I ate because of the stress from the lunch I had), I felt the same. This morning, I didn't wanna eat anything to "make up for" what I had done yesterday....I thought about taking a laxative and dieretics also. I made myself have a small breakfast and I will make sure to eat something every three hours today, as I usually do. I just had to get this off my chest. I felt myself slipping back to my pre-medi, pre-weight re-gain times of seriously disordered eating. I guess I was wrong to think that I had recovered well enough that I could self regulate all the time. I feel good that I DIDN'T do any of the things I wanted to but I still feel like maybe it's time to go get some support for my past again. :blush: Just had to get that out somewhere!

maintenance
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance7
Stats: 5'3" 165/125/135 Restart 7/9/12 at 142
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 5/31/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene4 View Post
Here is a copy of what I wrote on the food/energy thread (so this will make sense): "i have been on a mini vacation for my anniversay the past four days and managed to do well every day except today. we got back into town and my son was at preschool, so my husband and i have time to ourselves locally. we went bowling in the late morning for two hours...fine. we decided on a sushi place for lunch and i was ok with that because i felt like i should splurge a little on my anniversary vacation. i had a bowl of miso soup.....fine....some edamame....fine....cucumber salad.....also fine......four pieces of vegetable tempura....not so fine but not terrible. felt puffy from the grease and sodium but whatever, it was my splurge. well, i felt like it would be a terrific idea to buy a halloween cookie making kit to make with my son tonight. it WAS a terrific idea. he loved it and had lots of fun. i, however, ate two cookies and LOTS AND LOTS of dough. So much that i felt ill. i don't know what got into me. what's worse is that i made myself so sick that i couldn't work out for fear of vomiting. ugh."

I feel like I have to share this....
After I ate at the sushi place, I felt so guilty and puffy and bad about having done it that when I went to the restroom after my meal...I wanted to puke. Not because I felt sick...but to get rid of the food. This is a huge problem for me because of my past. After the cookie dough binge....(which I think I ate because of the stress from the lunch I had), I felt the same. This morning, I didn't wanna eat anything to "make up for" what I had done yesterday....I thought about taking a laxative and dieretics also. I made myself have a small breakfast and I will make sure to eat something every three hours today, as I usually do. I just had to get this off my chest. I felt myself slipping back to my pre-medi, pre-weight re-gain times of seriously disordered eating. I guess I was wrong to think that I had recovered well enough that I could self regulate all the time. I feel good that I DIDN'T do any of the things I wanted to but I still feel like maybe it's time to go get some support for my past again. :blush: Just had to get that out somewhere!
I know that I tend to be a Pollyanna, but I see nothing but a positive in everybody's "slips" or "binges". They serve to teach us very quickly that we can't go back to the way we were, that we don't feel good physically when we do, and that we have all learned so much about how to eat with this WOE. I'm certainly not going to discourage anybody from going to counseling, and Lord knows that I need it, too, for many issues, but I think you just learned a huge lesson. PLEASE don't view it as a failure or, God forbid, YOURSELF as a failure. It was a huge test, followed by a huge lesson: that what you were doing got you nowhere and made you miserable. Sometimes we have to just try things out, to reinforce what we know. Please just feel victorious that you found this WOE, you know what to do to get back on track, and celebrate how far you have come, Charlene.
Nance7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Friends,
We've expressed so many concerns about maintenance and going on in healthy eating from now on. Sunday I ran into someone I met about 6 months ago who had invited me to an addictions Bible Study and I went twice but felt very uncomfortable that someone might find out I was going and not know I was going for my food addiction but assume it was for other kinds of addictions that people have (but that I do not have). I stopped going. When I saw her Sunday she said a new group was starting Monday, and knowing how we on LCF are searching, and even me knowing Christ yet feeling defeated at times, I felt I needed the Bible study too. These are called Celebrate Recovery and you can google it and find out if there is one in a church in your area. It's a 12 step program to recover from lives hang ups, hurts, and habits, including addiction to food, drugs, alcohol, gambling, codependency, etc. I think I had been forced into a codependent role when I was a kid and made the third parent, angry quietly about alot of things, and nurture etc my self with eating. Sometimes I don't even think about it, especially with insulin resistance because I don't feel the satisfaction of digested carbs as easily so tend to eat too many of them when I get started, then feel guilty, then feel stupid, then feel mad, etc. Fiscous fruitless cycle. I'm tired of it and want serenity! I like the accountability so much here, and the freedom to express feelings, but I firmly want to stand, and for me that's typically better with the truth of Scripture. This study is specific for seeing Scriptures related to recovery from those kinds of bondages!

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-28-2010 at 07:02 AM..
Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #763
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Nice work there Debbie. We all need to find the source of our eating problems and triggers as has been repeated many times over. Thats the only way to be successful in this whole weight maintenance phase. I, for one, do not ever want to go back to weighing almost 1/4 of a ton! sounds disgusting when it is described like that but it certainly keeps me motivated.

I am finding it a bit difficult to get up everyday to exercise but try not to think about it. I am losing sleep as I do not want to set the alarm clock and wake everyone up. I cannot convince myself that arriving at work at 9 am or later is acceptable to me even though I may work late. I am up at 5am and off to exercise by 5.30 am. So far so good but it is tough.

A great week to all!
Nick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Nick. And congratulations on getting up and getting going. I had intentions of getting outside this AM but it only was going to high of 63 and it was about 47 degrees in the AM! --- So I got on the treadmill instead.

This AM also did a nice study on my own, read Psalms 130-139; doesn't take long. Good stuff! Esp awesome is Ps 139:23-24 "Search me O God, and know my heart, try me, and know my ANXIETIES..." Also 2 Peter 2:9 ..."The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations..." but I still have to c-h-o-o-s-e.

I am NOT a victim. God is sovereign, He knows and controls, but I have free will to choose. Psalm 136:12 "With a strong hand, and an outstretched arm, His mercy endures forever..."
Old 11-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
With Halloween and now my daughter's 8th "birthday week" I haven't had time to get online. But I went to my follow up maintance appointment and was back down to 131. WAHOO! So I am officially on monthly appointments unless I feel like I need to go before then.
lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #766
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
With Halloween and now my daughter's 8th "birthday week" I haven't had time to get online. But I went to my follow up maintance appointment and was back down to 131. WAHOO! So I am officially on monthly appointments unless I feel like I need to go before then.
Great news, Lins!!!
tydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Lea, Your avatar is SMOKING HOT! TTZZZZZZHHH!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:10 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnK
Stats: 5'2" 133/133/115
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 7/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lins View Post
Congrats, Lins!!!

Lea ~ I totally agree with Deb. You're my hero (or is that heroine? That doesn't sound right ).
AnnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #769
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charlene4
Stats: 154.5/135/135
WOE: vegan/vegetarian
Start Date: June 7,2010
Quote:
Lea, Your avatar is SMOKING HOT! TTZZZZZZHHH!!!
I agree!
Charlene4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #770
Major LCF Poster!

Ann - Look at YOU! Wow!! You look fit and healthy too!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #771
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SharonAnnette
Stats: 179 / 130
WOE: Medi
Start Date: June 2010
I am at 1,000 calories a day- 600 is Protein. The rest is:
2 Servings of Starch/Bread
2 Servings of Veg
1 Serving Milk/Dairy
1 Serving Fruit
1 Fat
Carbs totals are to be between 20-40 a day.

What I am having a hard time understanding is this:
I am eating the above strictly from the list provided to me with serving sizes listed.
Today for Carb count, I had Cottage Cheese, 7 Kashi Whole Grain Crackers, Frozen Blueberries, and Green Beans. I only had 1 serving of Starch / Bread(the crackers) and I am way over 40 Carbs! Like 50! If I have the other serving of Bread/Starch I am looking at over 70 carbs today...and I haven't even had my "fat" serving

So I am totally confused....
SharonAnnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #772
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lins
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: 1/12/14
UGH! Food is a huge addiction. My daughter's birthday was on Sunday and I treated myself to a cupcake (I made them and they were low fat, made with whole wheat flour and applesauce instead of oil etc...) but that triggered something for me and today has been AWFUL!!!! I really just want to cry. I feel bloated and my stomach hurts etc... I need to learn from this. I know I didn't blow everything, and I know I can get back on track tomorrow. But I still feel pretty down on myself tonight.
lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #773
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hi everyone! Wanted to check in. I've missed you all!

I've been doing well weight-wise but I'm not eating quality foods like I should. I struggle nutritionally because I'm always wanting something I can grab and munch in a hurry. The easiest part of acute for me was not having to take the time to make a meal. It was so nice being able to eat a chicken breast or a handful of lunch meat or a piece of low fat cheese as my meal. Now I have to really concentrate on eating a balanced diet and it's hard.

Overall I feel pretty strong though. My body feels reset. I know that if I'm over my calories one day, my appetite will be naturally lower the second day.

That being said though - I'm nervous about the holidays. I'm already munching on too many "treats" as it is with Halloween behind us. Every time I'm around baked goods, I overdo it. I made banana bread for my family and I think I ate more of it than anyone else! I typically only bake during this time so I'm a little worried about making my traditional stuff.

How are you all handling it? Some of these recipes are so near and dear to my heart. I know we aren't supposed to connect food and emotions but it's so difficult to do over the holidays.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #774
Major LCF Poster!

Erin!! I've missed you, girlfriend!
I have my maintenance workup appt tomorrow (bloodwork and breathing/metabolic test). I've been staying between 137 to 142 and get down to 139 after a day or two of better choice. Several of us had problems with carb choices due to Halloween. I'm learning I really, REALLY have to PLAN for eating protein every 3 hours or I get too hungry and go for the carbs, and once a simple carb it's as if I never left poor choices behind. Exercise has been sporatic for me lately due to cooler weather...I need an indoor routine. Have you been going to the gym still? And to Zumba? I hope you check in frequently. We'd love to stay in touch over the holidays and as we walk this first year of maintenance together. We all need to pull each other through!!
Talk to you later~
Deb

Last edited by Fit2010; 11-10-2010 at 07:28 PM..
Old 11-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #775
Senior LCF Member

Hi Debbie!

You look wonderful! You're a little crooked though. Haha!

I'm not doing well on working out. As a result, I'm a little higher fat percentage wise. I've been busy with the approaching holiday season (photography) so I expect to get back in the swing of things soon. I've been so tired as a result from decreased exercise.

It's all a balancing act, isn't it?
Old 11-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

I just had my maintainence appt today (first one). I was so starving by the time they finally drew my blood (about 10:10AM) and finished the breathing/metabolism test....then I ate the turkey pepperoni and a string cheese I brought. The nurse 10 mins later said, "Wow, you're eyes, your face, I can tell looking at you now that you weren't doing too well before you ate." I hadn't taken my Metformin but I knew my blood sugar was LOW and I was way past hungry! My weight was 140. I think my body really likes 138 to 142, it doesn't really want to go lower than 137. But I haven't added weights or upped my exercise, I'm still doing something aerobic 2 to 4 times a week (jog, bike,zumba, or walk). My BMI is the lowest it's been, 24.1; fat %age is 32.5% (ideal is 23-34%); fat mass also in range. My metabolism is on the slower side, a little more than 1/2 below the normal metabolism. So maintenance zone is 1109 to 1439 and I'll be encouraged to stay at 1200 calories.
I've never been one to count calories etc, so I need to figure out proportions and go with that. Anybody have suggestions?
Debbie

Last edited by Fit2010; 11-11-2010 at 05:54 PM..
Old 11-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #777
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Hello all,

Debbie the only input regarding amounts of food, if you follow the sizes for portions which we got in our inital materials should give you a general sense of how much you are eating.

I dont count calories but sort of eyeball stuff and how much I have eaten. I still havent figured out how much to eat so as to not to lose weight and how much not to eat not to gain weight. Lucky for me I seem to have hit a stride where I am a few pounds below goal and seem to sit go up to goal and down. i like that. I find many times I am not eating enough and this is reflected in my exercise the next day. Today was one such day.

As to what I am eating, I am balancing everything. Meaning I will have whole grains, lean protein, veggies and lots of fruit. I know that sounds forbidden but it took me just up until recently to put any fruit in my mouth and even then I didnt eat the whole thing. I dont count carbs anymore, only sugars are from fruits and just try to eat balanced meals with healthy snacks. However, I do exercies a lot. It is driving my wife nuts but I am enjoying running non-stop for an hour a 40 mins (I have actually even caughht up to and left in the dust some younger joggers and that was towards the end of my run!) or weight lifting for an hour and a half. Its rediscovery and keeps me pumped up. Amazing what exercise can do so I highly recommed it to all. I couldnt run a few steps when i started so it can be done. I have found routine to be key to make me exercise 5-6 days a week.

Hope this helps.

Hugs to all!
Nick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Debbie, the only way to to get used to the right proportions was to track everything I ate on Livestrong/ Daily Plate. I'm not sure there's a way around it. At least for awhile.

Had my appointment today. I was up a fraction in fat. Down 3 lbs water from over a month ago. Now, to me up .2 in fat means I'm maintaining... no? My calories were scrutinized though and they said my intake was too high based on the little slip of paper that says I should be at 1300. I've been getting that response since June but yet I've lost 9 lbs since then. I can VERY easily eat 1800 calories a day when I'm going to the gym 4 days a week and if I'm not, I'm right around 1600 or so. Or really, I waffle between 1400/1600. Also, it seems like at every appointment, they're surprised I'm in maintenance. "Oh! You're in Wellness? Congrats!" Huh? It messes with my head when they're surprised - like I'm thinking, "Do they feel like I should lose more???" Also, one appointment I got chastised for losing 2 lbs while on maintenance and then the last 2 times, I got in "trouble" with my calories answer.

Also, it took a few visits to realize I never even received information on Wellness. Only the transition phase. Never did the breathing test. Never did follow up bloodwork. Did yall do this??

I love my clinic. I love the people there. I like the print outs that tell me exactly what my body is doing. But I leave thinking, I paid $35 for this?

Last edited by eptexy; 11-12-2010 at 07:56 AM..
Old 11-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Erin,
That makes me sad that you are 121 and they make you feel that way! Girl, you look amazing!! Perhaps they are pretty new to this aspect of being a clinic (weightloss that is) and they are just following programmed scripts of what it takes to be successful (exercise, stay in the calorie zone, food choices, etc). I don't think you'd be hearing those things from my clinic; at least not with the judgmental tone I'm reading in your clinic's responses. And yes, yesterday I had bloodwork and the breathing metabolism test...but it was part of the maintenance extra charge appt. I wonder if they just haven't had many people make it to maintenance at your clinic. I might be way off here, but I wonder...

Nick, Thanks for the info. I guess I need to buckle down somehow and come up with a more planned ahead menu, or at least planned snacks so I know generally how much is left of "which" category in the day. During acute I avoided fruit too, and maybe had it only a couple times the first few months, then when I added it in later it was supplementing the flavor of a salad. Now I'm eating fruit for the sake of eating something yummy and sweet. In general I've really been eating based on hunger. Only a few times have I found myself wanting to "self medicate" with food due to feeling anxious about something, that's an "old" behavior that is getting nipped pretty well, so that's feels good. I do feel better with exercising, even though it's only been a few months and only started jogging 2 months ago. I sometimes think about how great it would be to "get out there" on my way home, because the sun is shining and it's a nice day. I need to translate that to feeling that motivated to do it indoors too so it's not only a longing for doing exercise outdoors....as it gets colder I want to avoid outdoors typically.

I'm just learning how to step around on this segment of the journey....thanks guys for letting me know of the vistas you've seen and how I can shortcut to get there without being tangled up!

Last edited by Fit2010; 11-12-2010 at 09:54 AM..
Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #780
Senior LCF Member

I think you're right. They DO only look at numbers and then say what they're supposed to say to someone who is in acute. Generic stuff. She also said things like, your blood pressure is so great, your pulse is a bit high and I'm thinking - how is this significant? In actuality, my blood pressure is normally 110/75 and in this appt it was 120/80 so really, it's up!

What is a "maintenance extra charge appointment"?