Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by txntv View Post
Congrats on the size 2. I had to go shopping last week for my upcoming trip. I ended up having to get some size 8s! I only weigh about 5 more than you do, but I guess it's my broad shoulders that keeps me from getting in smaller sizes. Clothing sizes are all over the place... I've found things in 8, 10 and 12 that fit.
GIRL you need to update your stats! It says you're 140! Sizes have been fairly consistent with me recently. I shopped at 3 stores on Friday and I was the same. What I can't stand is getting something that fits really well and then 2 hours after you wear them, they stretch so far out, they won't stay up. I was thinking it was quality but I bought some $200 pairs of jeans at Buckle and they do the same thing! It's so frustrating!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptexy View Post
GIRL you need to update your stats! It says you're 140! Sizes have been fairly consistent with me recently. I shopped at 3 stores on Friday and I was the same. What I can't stand is getting something that fits really well and then 2 hours after you wear them, they stretch so far out, they won't stay up. I was thinking it was quality but I bought some $200 pairs of jeans at Buckle and they do the same thing! It's so frustrating!
I thought first number is original weight, second is goal weight, third is current weight. Looks like I had goal and current backwards. So my info was wrong.

Last edited by txntv; 08-23-2010 at 12:45 PM..
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Actually, the first number is your original weight, the second number is your current weight, the third number represents your original determined goal weight. At least that it what it was when McBoo, Susie and I were first around the forum. You are correct, Texas!

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #604
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Actually, the first number is your original weight, the second number is your current weight, the third number represents your original determined goal weight. At least that it what it was when McBoo, Susie and I were first around the forum. You are correct, Texas!

Jo
That is correct.

McBoo
McBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tydreamer
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 2/10/10
Hi. I went to the clinic this morning and while my weight was up, my fat percentage was down! I'm two weeks into transition and the NP thought I was doing great. My water was up and she said that was probably due to the added carbs. She also said to keep doing what I was doing but to go ahead and up my calories even more. Next week I will do the breathing thing and I'm pretty excited about that. I finally feel like I CAN do this!
tydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #606
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzanna1
Stats: 215/162.5/149 5'8" 38 years old
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinic
Great job, Lea!!!

I had my monthly weigh-in this morning and am down 1/2 pound from last month.

It has been a rough month. I was in a horrible hit & run car accident a few weeks ago, fortunately I was only banged and bruised, but I haven't been able to lift weights or run without being in pain.

Exercising makes it so much easier to eat sensibly and maintain! When I am not exercising, I have to be ultra-conscious of what I am eating ~ less "eye-balling" food and more weighing and measuring.
suzanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Congratulations Lea! I love your renewed attitude! I'm looking to you to forage this path....I'm steps behind you, my friend!

Suzanna - ouch! Do you believe in chiropractors? I do (I have a good one here). Perhaps you need things rearranged to their original location from having been jerked around from the impact. I hope you're feeling better soon!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nsjx
Stats: 203.5/159/159 - maintenance
WOE: medi
Start Date: April 17, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Hi. I went to the clinic this morning and while my weight was up, my fat percentage was down! I'm two weeks into transition and the NP thought I was doing great. My water was up and she said that was probably due to the added carbs. She also said to keep doing what I was doing but to go ahead and up my calories even more. Next week I will do the breathing thing and I'm pretty excited about that. I finally feel like I CAN do this!
Are you having bread now and if so what kind? How much carbs are you having per day approx.
nsjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydreamer View Post
Lea, great attitude, keep it up! I have a question? Are you taking AS in maintenance? How long is the maintenance phase?
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Lea, I am so proud of you!

Suzanna, I was wondering where you had been! I hope you are on the mend soon and take it easy so as not to further injure yourself.

Oh and I'm not Lea but there is no AS in maintenance-land. If you haven't already been, that's when you are weaned. And about the bread - proceed with caution! I stay away from all bread but occasionally have a low carb tortilla or 1/2 of one of those flat out wraps. I'm just not much into bread anymore, honestly. If I want to have something carby, I reserve that for something like real peanut butter, dark chocolate, etc. I can't go over 50g carbs or it makes me feel awful and HUNGRY so it doesn't make sense to add something like bread in on a regular basis.

Medi paperwork says that you should have all this cereal and breads and such though - up to 100g a day of carbs. But everyone in the clinic keeps theirs around 30-50 so I do too.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!

Last edited by eptexy; 08-25-2010 at 01:21 PM..
Old 08-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #611
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjx View Post
Are you having bread now and if so what kind? How much carbs are you having per day approx.
I am having bread now - in fact I had a two slice sandwich today for the first time in months and months. I buy the Sara Lee 100% whole wheat or whole grain bread. It's only 45 calories per slice and I've always loved the taste. I was eating this long before Medi, but had to put it on hold until today. Welcome back!!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #612
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanna1 View Post
Great job, Lea!!!

I had my monthly weigh-in this morning and am down 1/2 pound from last month.

It has been a rough month. I was in a horrible hit & run car accident a few weeks ago, fortunately I was only banged and bruised, but I haven't been able to lift weights or run without being in pain.

Exercising makes it so much easier to eat sensibly and maintain! When I am not exercising, I have to be ultra-conscious of what I am eating ~ less "eye-balling" food and more weighing and measuring.
Suzanna, I've been wondering about you, too! I'm sorry to hear about your accident! I'm with Debbie - I visit the chiropractor fairly often and that's on a good day.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:45 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lea, I am so proud of you!

Thank you! And thank you for all of the recent advice!!

Medi paperwork says that you should have all this cereal and breads and such though - up to 100g a day of carbs. But everyone in the clinic keeps theirs around 30-50 so I do too.
Since I'm not much of a rice eater, I chose to get my starches via the bread. I'm a huge cereal addict, so am steering clear of that for a while yet. I've had a bowl or two of fiber one and unsweetened almond milk, but it's still a trigger for me and hard to stop. The bread feels good to me because it's not something I'm likely to overeat. When the sandwich is gone, it's gone.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irabeslim View Post
Lea, great attitude, keep it up! I have a question? Are you taking AS in maintenance? How long is the maintenance phase?
I never did take the AS but often times wish I did. I think the transition phase is supposed to be about 4 weeks then you move into wellness, but I also think that depends on each person. I know some people have spent a little longer there and others have moved thru it more quickly. Mine will end up being three weeks instead of four.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #615
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for your input re the bread, etc. I saw the flatout bread in Publix and I think I will try it in the future, probably half at a time. I heard Ezkiel Raisin Bread is good too. I think bread will be an occasional thing for me instead of daily.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #616
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjx View Post
Thanks everyone for your input re the bread, etc. I saw the flatout bread in Publix and I think I will try it in the future, probably half at a time. I heard Ezkiel Raisin Bread is good too. I think bread will be an occasional thing for me instead of daily.
I agree that bread won't be a daily thing for me either. And I've heard the Ezkiel Raisin bread is REALLY good!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #617
Senior LCF Member

How is everyone doing this week?

The last few days or so, I have not been in a good place. I can't get below 126 because honestly, I am either hungry or craving something or both. That's 3 pounds over my lowest. I really hope this is a hormone thing and not some downward spiral. It would be one thing if I were in acute and hungry but I'm in maintenance and should not be having this kind of hunger/cravings.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post
Hey there Susie!
All is well here in AZ. Yesterday was my 1st anniversary of meeting my goal weight. Still at the same weight, BMI and fat percentage are where they should be. Had them measure as an athlete too this time just to see the difference...wow is there a difference. They did take a picture as I am the only one of their client who has followed the program all the way through wellness. Some have gotten to transition, but no further. So now they have a before/goal/1year later picture.

I would love to be a Medi as a counselor too, but they are fully staffed, so I will keep walking my travel industry path.

Hot and humid today, so walking on the treadmill.

Off to pack for a trip to Dallas...I fly off to Texas tomorrow.

Jo
Congrats and kudos Jo! Sorry to be responding so late, but this is the first chance I have had to get on. You so deserve any attention your clinic wants to shed. You have been an amazing success story.

Today as I was seeing new patients I carried a before picture of my whole family and told them how much each of us has lost on Medi (me - 68, my DH - 58, and my son - 70). Then when I tell them that I have kept off the weight for over a year they are really encouraged and inspired. I also give them a few recipes to make week 1 a little easier. I have started to prepare a week 1 menu that is not so painful using some of our recipes like oopsie rolls, crustless pizza, crustless quesidillas, shrimp cocktail... I've even brought in samples of the oopsie rolls so they can taste how good they are.

We have had so many patients make it to wellness at our clinic. One of the things I stress to patients is how important it is to go through the maintenance and wellness phase as it is (IMHO) harder than acute phase. I also tell them if they have to come back to Medi once a year to undo any damage they may have done to do that before letting all the weight come back on. Most of the staff at our clinic have been challenged with our weight so we completely understand and there is nothing to be ashamed of. When I do get a patient who comes back after gaining some weight back after reaching goal, I congratulate them for making the decision to come back.

As for me, I have finally come to a place on maintenance that it is almost effortless. I am so content with this WOE and don't feel the least bit deprived. I eat mostly protein and vegetables, and once a week split a steak and eggs brunch which comes with a bagel and steak fries with my husband. It is seldom enough that it does not cause cravings, yet gives me something to look forward to.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I had so much to say. I still love reading your posts.

God Bless
Old 08-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
Hi Susie,

You are doing great work and as you know it has a lot of rewards.

Your youngest son will come around when he is ready.

McBoo
Hey McBoo,

You are always the encourager and I love you for it. This job has been so rewarding for me. Just today a patient came in that had not been in for a while and had gained some of her weight back. She was discouraged and depressed. The front office said that I was the perfect person to get her motivated again and asked me if I would please see her. I felt so bad for her and just wanted to help her get her spark back. It feels so good to turn clients around and get them excited again.

My youngest son is trying. When I came back from Italy he said "Mom, I am finally ready. Please help me." His first week he lost 9 pounds, and since he is not on the meds (I'm doing it from home) I did not restrict his calories. He naturally cut back on calories by eating protein only and no carbs. He said that he was not very hungry with all the protein. This is a kid that could eat more than 3 pizzas a day. Last week he cheated because his best friend was in town and they went out to eat, but this week he got right back on it and lost another 3+ pounds. I so hope he sticks with it. I've been making oopsie rolls by the dozens.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txntv View Post
Maintenance -- shots continue as usual. Wellness, you get them once a month when you go for your monthly visit.
At our clinic you can get the B12 shot twice a week for free as long as you are coming in for weekly wellness visits.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on all your achievements! I think they mean even more to me in maintenance as this is the beginning of your new lifestyle.

As for bread, cereal, rice, etc..., I personally will not do this on a regular basis, but just once in a while. Our clinic recommends that you eat the bulk of your carbs before 3pm and eat a protein along with your carbs, especially if it is not a low glycemic carb.

Whenever I am tempted I focus on how wonderful I feel energywise, healthwise, and self esteemwise. Nothing is worth sabotaging that!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #622
Senior LCF Member

Stress is my downfall. This week has been a major adjustment with several high profile clients and my kids starting school. Throw guilt in there for not being a good mommy and I'm a disaster waiting to happen. When I'm stressed I drink - when I drink I eat. To compound this issue, my energy is at an all time low from the change in routine. Another trigger of mine. Eating when I'm tired. Ugh.

I'm going to have to put my before/after pictures up to remind myself of where I was. I never want to be that person again.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:44 AM   #623
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Quote:
Stress is my downfall. This week has been a major adjustment with several high profile clients and my kids starting school. Throw guilt in there for not being a good mommy and I'm a disaster waiting to happen. When I'm stressed I drink - when I drink I eat. To compound this issue, my energy is at an all time low from the change in routine. Another trigger of mine. Eating when I'm tired. Ugh.

I'm going to have to put my before/after pictures up to remind myself of where I was. I never want to be that person again.
I was so good at posing for pictures so I would look thinner than I was... so of course, now... when I could use the biggest picture... I am not finding one!

Boston is going great in terms of touring and eating. Well, a lot of places are closed for renovation including the Boston Tea Party Museum. But I love walking around -- the architecture and history is amazing.

I bought a pair a jeans just before school was out because the others were just falling off and I was almost done with acute phase. I bought comfortably a fitted pair and a snug pair. Comfortably fitting jeans now loose while tighter one fit just right. Don't know how that happened! Seeing me in these made me realize I am thin.

I think having three kids and hitting 40 -- things aren't as tight as they used to be, so the saggy and wrinkly skin can look misleading. I think I've said too much
July: -2.5
Beyond: -5
Total loss: 38

Wellness...
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
At our clinic you can get the B12 shot twice a week for free as long as you are coming in for weekly wellness visits.
Oops... I meant monthly wellness visits.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #625
Senior LCF Member

Well I went in for my wellness visit today and I'm down 4 lbs of fat - 3 lbs overall. I also got a lecture about not maintaining. Honest to God, I think their scales are wrong! My fat is really low and I'm still flabby?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #626
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well I went in for my wellness visit today and I'm down 4 lbs of fat - 3 lbs overall. I also got a lecture about not maintaining. Honest to God, I think their scales are wrong! My fat is really low and I'm still flabby?
If you are down 4 lbs fat why the lecture from them? Isn't that good?

Oh I get it. They don't want you to loose anymore fat?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Wanted to say hello to everyone as I have not been on here for a while. Things are good and thank everyone for their well wishes, prayers and thoughts.

I am glad to see that everyone is doing well here.

Best wishes,
Nick
Nick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I reached goal this week! I will try to post photos this week. Give me a few days to figure that out after work Horray!! I'm in transition!!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:06 AM   #629
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
I reached goal this week! I will try to post photos this week. Give me a few days to figure that out after work Horray!! I'm in transition!!
Congratulations, Debbie! You did itI am sure it is an amazing feeling to have achieved something that you set to do. As for me, as it comes to weight loss I have never been able to achieve my goals. It looks like this time I might, especially seeing that it is possible by looking at success stories like yours!
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:54 AM   #630
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffrey
Stats: 211/170/160 5'9"
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 5/25/2010
I have had a rough couple of weeks. I have made some poor food choices and am nervous about going to my weigh in this evening. I am certain I have gained some weight. I have always been a stress eater and the past weeks have been stressful.

I traveled to Indiana with my wife and son to see my grandfather who is ill. Once we arrived at the airport my wife became sick and then began having contractions (she was only 20 weeks along.) We ended up at a hospital hours away from anyone we knew in a city that is foreign to us. The Dr's were great and were able to control the contractions and my wife and the baby are well now. My two year old son and I spent those two days visiting her in the hospital and juggling hotels. Bad eating choices started at this point.

After a couple days my wife was released and we were able to get to my grandfathers house and see him. He isn't doing well and we helped my grandmother take care of him. During this time I found I was beginning to fall back into my old food habits.

I then injured my knee while running and now have a strained IT band, which causes extreme pain while going down stairs or while running. So my primary mode of exercise is now difficult as well.

Hoping my weigh in won't be too tragic this evening, and I am hoping they can help me get myself under control.
Goal Weight: 160 lbs
Current Weight: 170.5 lbs
Total Lost: 41.0 lbs
Weeks in Program: 11 Weeks
Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote