Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Getting close to maintenance phase and nervous. I asked them about it and it sounds complicated and hard. More things to remember than just adding X number of calories.

I understand you can still lose some weight on maintenance?
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Hey Maintainers - been off in my own world but back because my eating has not been what I want it to be... focusing on lowering my carbs again because the pounds were starting to come back and I don't want to be a yoyo... also wanting to know how my old Medi friends have been doing - are you still around? How are things going in maintain land for you all? Miss connecting with you! Hope you all are doing well!!!!
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:37 AM   #453
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Hey Maintainers - been off in my own world but back because my eating has not been what I want it to be... focusing on lowering my carbs again because the pounds were starting to come back and I don't want to be a yoyo... also wanting to know how my old Medi friends have been doing - are you still around? How are things going in maintain land for you all? Miss connecting with you! Hope you all are doing well!!!!
Hi Macauley,

I am still here and still maintaining. My weight has been fluctuating by a few pounds here and there but then I immediately go back to acute phase for a few days and all is good.

I am here everyday but haven't been posting much. I am letting the new people do their thing.

Stay well.

McBoo
McBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:53 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
Hi Macauley,

I am still here and still maintaining. My weight has been fluctuating by a few pounds here and there but then I immediately go back to acute phase for a few days and all is good.

I am here everyday but haven't been posting much. I am letting the new people do their thing.

Stay well.

McBoo
That's why I know I'll be able to maintain better this time. If the number creeps, I follow medi's plan. Of course, it'll be harder without the shots and supplements.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Hey MaCauley and other maintainers
I am glad to see you are getting back on track Macauley. I have been on maintenance now since Feb 1st. has been a rough road. I got all the way down to 172 and my Dr said I had to put on some more weight (how ironic) I actually liked the way I felt at 172 but my face made me look gaunt, and unhealthy (not a good poster child for Medi!! LOL).

Since I have been exercising I have been doing the whole grain/fruit/veg lean protein thing but keep it to within my alotted 1800 cal/day. Unfortunately with so much travel that doesnt work always so have yo-yo'ed a bit. I definietly weigh myself everyday just to pay attention but have had a swing of 10lbs which comes done in 3 days i am guessing it is water weight.

I do come here every day but havent posted even though I am always encouraged to stay on track.

my best to all!!
Nick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Hi Everyone. I am out of the nut phase. And I have officially "retired" after 11 years with my company. I was told that I am rehireable and they would love to have me back after 6 months. Perhaps yes perhaps no. Much of the stress in my life came from the constant change of shifts and the dissension among the team members...better to be away from that and see what else is out there. After almost 30 years in my industry, it might be nice to see what is on the other side of the fence....

Hanging steady with my weight. Some days up and some days down and some days steady as it goes. Not much variation and I believe it is usually water for the most part, and sometimes I have tried something new that did not settle well with me so I did not eat any more of the particular item. It really is a learning process. Once I have everything figured out, if ever, it will be a lot easier.
I do not want to get stuck in a rut always choosing the same things, so I change it up a bit. Now that I will be home for a bit, I will be able to settle my schedule down to a dull roar. That will be helpful too. And I am walking 6-7 miles a day now too.

I am in here most every day but do not post a lot until I get to the boiling point and finally just have to add a note or two. But, like McBoo, I keep it to a minimum and let the new people talk.

Jo
Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #457
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MJlighter
Stats: 159/139/135
Start Date: July 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by txntv View Post
That's why I know I'll be able to maintain better this time. If the number creeps, I follow medi's plan. Of course, it'll be harder without the shots and supplements.
i've seen small creeps since Dec. 6+lbs total
doing a few days of acute phase, to get back into the swing of things.
any suggestions of "stay slim" type of supplements to buy in stores?
MJlighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eptexy
Stats: 5'4 165/132/125
WOE: Medi Weightloss - Maintenance!!!
Start Date: March 2010
Hmm. Well I am not one to start arguments or create controversy but I can definitely relate with reaching a boiling point. Sooo I too will speak my mind and promptly leave this thread until next week when I reach maintenance.

This is what I see in regards to this forum and it's participants. Some people have less to lose and have less of an addiction to food. Some have an intense addiction to food and unfortunately, Medi will ultimately not be the answer to their issues. The bottom line is, while similar, each path we are all on is different and it would be impossible to relate to everything. At the same time, though, we should all be entitled to talk about it and expect empathy and support.

I find it interesting that maintainers get so annoyed with new people learning the program. Or even that anyone has to reach said "boiling point" to offer "help". I'm disappointed sometimes when I see someone who is genuinely misguided and searching for help get patronized publicly or even worse, ignored entirely.

As someone who is still in the acute phase, I would love to see daily meals and your food journals. Individual battles that you have overcome? Exercise routines. Maintenance visits and those details. What should someone in acute expect once I get there?

Just my 2 cents.

In Wellness as of 6/4/2010!
eptexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Hey Erin - I agree with your thoughts about everyone being on their own journey... some history: there was a core group of us that, about a year ago, used to banter a lot and give each other a lot of support. For me - it was something that I looked forward to everyday. We all had a fair amount of weight to lose...

At some point many new people joined in and for various reasons, had a much different outlook on the process, the program, etc... Some of us had not hit maintenance at that point so it wasn't like we were annoyed at new people asking questions - it was that there were so many people joining in trying to find ways to work around the program while reaping the benefits. I suspect they were getting the weight loss results from the appetite suppressants more than really changing their eating patterns...

Needless to say, many of those people seemed to have dropped out - my belief is because this program is a life change and my guess is that they may not have been ready for that. I could be wrong about that but ...

I personally have a huge carb addiction and I still struggle with that sometimes. When I eat my proteins, veggies, berries, yogurt, etc.. - my body and mind run like a dream. We I don't plan my day and I eat something that my body doesn't like - I pay for it.

Although I agree that empathy and support are nice - it was always way more helpful to hear my friend Jo offer her strong opinions about not pretending to do the program - but really living the program... so support can look different to many people.

Maintenance has been a super big challenge for me. Not having the weekly weigh-ins and support was tough. I still try to go often as it helps me. Things at home changed and two family members were diagnosed with cancer - so lots of stress. I am doing OK though. I have the tools to take care of what I need. Sometimes I jump into a potato - but more often than not I try and stick with what I know works for me. My advice is to add foods slowly back in. Different things trigger me - sugarless gum was a super big trigger and I found out because i went slow...

Hope this gives you some insight - sorry so long...best of luck with your own journey...

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
Old 06-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Macauley. Your words are much appreciated. I believe very strongly in this program and how it was designed and how it works best. I believe you really must commit yourself and invest yourself into the program 100%. It truly is a life style change and I want the newer people in the forum to find their way just as our group found our way. We were fortunate in that a group of us all worked the program pretty much together regardless of where we lived in the country. And we are still together over here in maintenance.

I guess I just want people to wake up and smell the roses and take full advantage of the program they have signed on for. To learn and to find new ways of fueling the body. I have had a few of my friends tell me that I am like Jillian Michaels in that regard. I do not let people slack off, I encourage and push and help and listen, but excuses do not cut it with me. Everyone is different along their journey, but the one thing that differentiates those who are successful from those who are not, is the commitment. And it does push my buttons when I see people wasting the opportunity they have to be successful in their quest for a healthier life. I want to try to wake them up. If some people take it the wrong way, that is their right to do so.

Encouragement and support ARE important as is calling like it is. I am up front about that.

And for all my friends in the maintenance world, I thank you for all for being there for me. Hopefully we will always be there for one another. You are such a special group of people!

Love to all

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
At some point many new people joined in and for various reasons, had a much different outlook on the process, the program, etc... Some of us had not hit maintenance at that point so it wasn't like we were annoyed at new people asking questions - it was that there were so many people joining in trying to find ways to work around the program while reaping the benefits. I suspect they were getting the weight loss results from the appetite suppressants more than really changing their eating patterns...
I am grateful for the appetite suppressants because even being on them -- I still get hungry despite following the plan. For most of my life, I've watched what I ate. So why am I on this plan? Because the just added up slowly over a period of 10+ years. Plus, I picked up a lot more things that will ensure I keep it off. I am hoping that eating the normal amount of calories will help me not feel hungry as I know I can't stay on the appetite suppressant forever.

So I don't understand the comment that those of us on AS aren't not taking the new way of eating seriously. I am.
July: -2.5
Beyond: -5
Total loss: 38

Wellness...
Old 06-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Ha Jo - I thought the exact same thing about the Jillian Michaels comparison - perhaps your new line of work?

Erin - please don't think I am talking about you. I was referring to the many, many people that have come and gone in the year that I have been on this site... The AS REALLY helped me break my carb cravings and let me eat much more cleanly so I am certainly not slamming the use of them. Acute was very easy for me - maintenance has been harder.
It looks like you are doing great and it sounds like you know what to do so I think you will be fine. Having the tools at hand is what can make or break the program...
And since people just drop off and don't return - we won't know what really did happen to them...
When you get to maintain land - if you need support - we are here....(we may be blunt - but we are here : )
Old 06-03-2010, 05:07 AM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Jo, believe it or not, I have appreciated some of your bluntness in the past and I can see the Jillian Michaels reference. I watched her show last night and she said - "To try is to plan to fail" and I thought immediately of your signature. It's my facebook status right now.

All I'm saying is that tough love is important, yes. But a little empathy mixed in also goes a long way. I've read every single one of the maintainers posts and absorbed it like a sponge. Whether you know it or not, you are not only there for one another but also for all of us who go back and review all of the previous conversations you have had.

And Macauley, for the record, I knew what you meant with the AS. That wasn't me that responded to that.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Erin - my mistake. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Hi yall - I hit maintenance today and have a quick question for you. How many calories did you end up settling into a day? I'm at 1000 and that feels like a lot but they said I would probably be up to 1800 when short term maintenance was done. That REALLY seems like a lot especially when you consider adding in more calories if you work out?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #466
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweedei
Stats: 194/156/140 (5'4")
Start Date: May 6, 2010
Congrats Erin!!! I am sure it feels good to be at your goal.
I can't wait to be where you are...
Sweedei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
HORRAY ERIN! So happy for you girlfriend!!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Y'all are so sweet to me. Thank you!!
Old 06-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: irabeslim
Stats: 5'2" - 253/140/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 21st, 2010
I would like to ask veterans of the program about ketosis. During this 19 weeks that I am doing MWL I have "cheated" 3 times and fell out of ketosis. The first 2 times I was able to stay on just protein for 2 days and bounce back into ketosis on a 3rd. This 3rd time, I did the same and on the 3rd day, I was still not in ketosis. At the clinic, they told me that it will be getting harder and harder to get back to ketosis, will require more protein days. Did anybody experienced that? This is my 4th day on protein, I just want to make sure I am back into ketosis but it is no fun, on top of the terrible cold that I have right now.
irabeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Hey McBoo, Jo, Nick - so great to hear from you! I was looking through the posts a bit - has anyone heard anything from Susie (she must be here somewhere) or Tracy? I was looking on the June threads and didn't see anyone I knew - oops - except for a great post by Jo! It was one of those print out and put in my journal posts Jo!
Have a great weekend all...
Old 06-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Hey there Macauley! I think Susie is either getting ready for a trip to Italy or on their trip to Italy. I believe she was going to be gone for a couple of weeks in June. Not sure which weeks, just that it is June sometime.

I have not seen Tracy for a while either. McBoo pops up now and then as do I and of course yourself. And Nick is a trooper and pops in about once a week or so to say hi. Jerry is off on a huge PR dealio for MWL I think. I know he hit his 300 pounds lost about a week ago.

Guess that brings us up to date. Cindy is around here also, and we are waiting for a couple of others to hit maintenance. I have not seen Jessica either.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txntv View Post
I am grateful for the appetite suppressants because even being on them -- I still get hungry despite following the plan. For most of my life, I've watched what I ate. So why am I on this plan? Because the just added up slowly over a period of 10+ years. Plus, I picked up a lot more things that will ensure I keep it off. I am hoping that eating the normal amount of calories will help me not feel hungry as I know I can't stay on the appetite suppressant forever.

So I don't understand the comment that those of us on AS aren't not taking the new way of eating seriously. I am.
Hope I didn't offend y'all. Wasn't meant to.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

txntv - I'm going to chime in here too. Don't worry about comments on this site. We are each working out the program so that our individual body and soul is whole and healthy. Everyone has their individual personality too. The MWL plan WORKS! But I have to learn in steps, apply, make choices, adapt to my particular circumstances, etc. I have probably changed up the program more than anyone else here and I think I was the one receiving the reprimand. There are body image change issues I'm having. I didn't have to be so open and honest about it all with you here but did open up so that those reading would understand the struggle (to lose fat, I'm losing much of my new mastectomy breast reconstruction tissues...it's a helpless feeling). I don't want to undo successful surgery. I want to be healthy though and fat loss isn't able to be directed only to tummy, thighs, and arms. My goal is to be fit and I'm now beginning to work on that. I could not be as consistent as I even am if it had not been for this group and everyone's support. But, what I go through and write as accountability is NOT a blueprint for others to follow, or to make them feel justified in ignoring their doctor's MWL plan. My doctor knows my journey and is supportive, in fact, she has walked the same path ahead of me in so many ways. I can see it can be done! Grace is something I'm allowing myself to experience this time around...I'm trying to take care of myself without dictating disappointment constantly at myself...So, negative comments from others are read, appreciated, but I cannot allow them to make me stress out and react negatively toward myself. In the past I always worried what others thought of me; that only took me to food for comfort in an effort to nurture myself. I'm trying to finally grow up past that now and be what I can be consistently successfully. It's great we can all talk things out here on the site. We ALL have had some negative self-talk issues or reactions. I think being honest about those issues too will help us all to grow and get ideas of how to be successful. For me, primarily, going to God's Word in the Bible is such a huge help in how to live and what I'm really here for. What helps you gain perspective?

Last edited by Fit2010; 06-05-2010 at 10:33 AM..
Old 06-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Hi all,

I am alive and well, well for the most part, and still getting ready for my trip to Italy at the end of this month. This past month I strained my back, then got the stomach flu, but am on the mend now. This has also been a busy time with my 2 part time jobs and home business. I have a video business where I scan pictures, convert vhs to dvd, make videos out of pictures and vhs clips for graduations, wedding, etc. I tried to make a go of it as an official business for several years, but just could not get the clientel so gave up. Now that I have 2 part time jobs, I have more video work than I know what to do with. All word of mouth. Anyway, it is a good problem to have. The bottom line is that I have not been on this website in weeks.

It is so good to hear from all my old friends and how it is going. Macauley, Jo, McBoo, Nick... it is great to hear from you. It has been 1 year now since I met my goal and I am holding firm between 150 and 155. Just like McBoo and others I weigh every day and if my weight starts eeking up I go on protein for a few days. So far it seems to work. Having my husband, and now my son, eating this way definitely helps and makes it a way of life for all of us.

Being a counselor for Medi I see a lot of different types on this program. Some work the plan to a T and have excellent results. Some come to get the AS and eat whatever they please, just like Macauley said. What I say to them is that it is all a choice. If they want to lose more quickly they need to be in ketosis, which means keeping careful track of their carbs. Some just get aggitated and don't want to hear it. That is fine, I don't argue with them, I simply say that is your choice.

Welcome to all the new maintainers and those soon to be here. Erin and all the rest, we are here for you. Thanks for all your contributions to the recipe threads. Variety has been a key part of making this a way of life for me and my family.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Good to hear from you Susie! How long and what part of Italy will you be visiting? How exciting!! Two summers ago was my first trip to Europe, DH and I met our youngest after she finished a summer college session in Florence, Italy. SO wonderful to visit all the museums! We had only 13 days and raced from Rome, to Florence, to Chinque Terre, to Piza, to Milano (where I lost my suitcase!), then off to Paris, Frankfurt, Munich, Salzburg, and back to Rome. It was only a TASTE of how wonderful everything was to visit and enjoy--such history! Loved it. Hate that all my photos are of me at 190 lbs.

Considering sending you a photo of me to post....sounds like you are swamped. I'll wait til you get back and maybe by then I can have an updated recent photo of me at 150 too!

I met Jerry (Jerome) last week!! Doesn't he look wonderful!? Such a motivator too! I'm now on my way to losing the next 10 lbs.

I hope you can come across a low carb version of gelato in Italy! Yum!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Good to hear from you Susie! How long and what part of Italy will you be visiting? How exciting!! Two summers ago was my first trip to Europe, DH and I met our youngest after she finished a summer college session in Florence, Italy. SO wonderful to visit all the museums! We had only 13 days and raced from Rome, to Florence, to Chinque Terre, to Piza, to Milano (where I lost my suitcase!), then off to Paris, Frankfurt, Munich, Salzburg, and back to Rome. It was only a TASTE of how wonderful everything was to visit and enjoy--such history! Loved it. Hate that all my photos are of me at 190 lbs.

Considering sending you a photo of me to post....sounds like you are swamped. I'll wait til you get back and maybe by then I can have an updated recent photo of me at 150 too!

I met Jerry (Jerome) last week!! Doesn't he look wonderful!? Such a motivator too! I'm now on my way to losing the next 10 lbs.

I hope you can come across a low carb version of gelato in Italy! Yum!

This is my 3rd trip to one of my most favorite countries. I am so lucky to be able to spend 3 weeks there this time. This time we are focusing on the lake region since that is where my husband's family is from. I love, love, love Italy, especially the people. They are what make Italy so special. I did not experience that in France or Germany. I wish I had some Italian blood, but no such luck. I am long generation American, but have mostly French, German and English blood. Fortunately my husband has a good deal of Italian, so I am redeemed through him.

Jerome and his wife were amazing to meet. I still cannot believe the stamina it took to lose that much weight as far as Jerome is/was concerned and the support it took on his wifes part. They are both the most down to earth, friendly and real people I have had the pleasure to meet. I hope we will be connected for a long time to come. Jerome, I owe you and your wife a home cooked meal from my cookbook and I fully intend to honor that. You guys are awesome! I wish you all God's blessings!

Debbie, I am so glad you found your way to this website and in this WOL. I know Jo completely respects you, as you do her, with your medical issues. We all have the same issues at heart in that we want everyone to achieve their best, whatever their situations may be. I love that you have the ability to filter all the inputs this forum provides and take from it what really motivates you, because that is what this forum is really all about. We all have unique situations and needs.

As far as helping you out with pictures, that is no problem at all. I can easily manage any photos you want to post. I will PM you my email address and you can email me with your pictures and what you want me to do with them. It takes me next to no time, so don't worry about that. I will email them back to you and you will need to post them here or elsewhere and reference them in order to post them. If you need help with that I will email you detailed instructions. It sounds intimidating, but it really isn't that hard.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Susie! Fun! I need to work on a homework assignment for grad school then I'll plan to dig through some photos and see what I can do. Got your PM. Blessings, Debbie
Old 06-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Susie, you are awesome. That's all I wanted to say.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Welcome to all the new maintainers! My thoughts on this is that this is the MOST important part of the journey. Here we no longer feel the contsraints of a few hundred calories and weekly weigh ins. It is easy to make the wrong choices and end up going in a circle. In my opinion it is very important to make sure that this part of the journey does not take on the mantle of punishment. View it as a gift to yourself and those around you. That you can do so much more in life both physically and mentally. It is not always easy and that is why it can become very easy to fall into old habits. Excercise is key and make sure you keep track of what you eat.

Suzy have a great time!! It is well deserved!!

Keep it up everyone!
Nick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Nick! Very encouraging words. I've started a journal per The Beck Diet Solution and I'm going to print & paste what you said in there. I'm terrified of my progress going down the drain and building new habits is so very essential.