Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
WOE: Medi
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Hey Debbie - I felt the same way when I first started but the deal is - to be blunt - you are still not in a healthy weight range for your height.
I know it feels amazing - but it feels even more amazing when you get to where you first planned on going... Maybe 140 won't be where you maintain at but there is a reason you picked that number.
You can lose without serious exercise - even if you just make yourself find time for a walk.
You are doing great - and I remember when you first started posting - nothing was going to get in your way... so don't let yourself talk you out of doing what you have been doing... take it a day a time... the next thing you know you will be at you goal..
Good luck - you can push through this...

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Thank you Jo and Macauley, I haven't been taking the AS, fat burners, and exercising or planning as well when the stress time began about a week ago or so. I knew you'd give me the kick in the butt I needed, the reminder of how to be good to myself. I don't want this "all or nothing at all attitude". That's how I've ended up overweight so many times in the past and lead to insulin resistance and flab. I just need a fresh start. Going to a funeral tomorrow that's been weighing heavy on my heart since that person got sicker recently. I'll be back all in soon. Thanks Macauley for the assurance that I'll push through this! Thanks too Jo, for all the examples. Wish I had a place to hike around here (the photo was in TX, but I'm in flat KS!) Debbie
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Hey Guys, I haven't been on in a LONG time! Wow! I have been doing maintenance since Late December when I had my gallbladder out. I reached 180 pounds just before that and have decided that I am happy with where I am! Together with the support of my clinic, I am maintaining my weight for almost 3 months now Medi DOES work and you CAN maintain if you do it right! My husband and I have decided the time is right to try for our third (and final!) child, so that's part of my decision to keep my current weight. Perhaps once we're "done" I'll go back and try to lose even more, but I am just so happy with where I am and Medi has changed my life!! I did want to post a quick pic to share and hopefully encourage some of you newbies. The first pic is my 5 year anniverary in 2009, the 2nd was on Friday as hubby and I headed out for our 6 year wedding anniversary dinner!

Anyway, if you need help or have questions, please PM me and I'm happy to chat! I'm not able to be on the boards much anymore because life is just very hectic, but I do sing the praises of Medi everywhere I go

Best of luck to you all!!!

Mommy to THREE sweeties, ages 4(g), 3(g), and 8 months(b)!

Lost 100 pounds on Medi in 2009! Gained it back during bedrest for a high-risk pregnancy Restart: January 2012!!

Week 1: -12.8 pounds
Month 1: -20.6 pounds
Month 2: -16.8 pounds
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:02 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Hi Macauley, Susie and everyone else! I haven't been on in a while. I feel that I am slipping, so what better way to kick me back into shape. Figured, since I had a dream about dancing and and Susie and Macualey were in it, my mind was telling me, I need you guys!

Anyway, my life has been one big ball of stress with no relief. I'm having a lot at work and home. The only escape I have is working out, which I am keeping up with faithfully. I've also stated seeing an acupuncturist for the stress and feeling of "losing it". She told me that dieting can sometimes make you feel depressed.

The scale is up 5-7 pounds, and I am eating more without too much regard to what I am eating. I haven't gone to the clinic regularly, but I was going once or twice a week still for injections, so I figured it was time for me to venture on my own. I have so much less energy without the shots though. (Surely stress is wreaking havoc on me!!) Any advice?
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #395
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reinvented
Stats: 234/187.6/165
WOE: Medi/Stillmans
Start Date: 4/17/2009 restart 1/22/13
Wow Jo I really needed that pep talk. I even copied and pasted it to look back at when I feel like I want to give up. I do feel like dieting can make you depressed. Over the weekend I kind of felt like why bother. But everyone on here is right. You really have to look at this as a lifestyle that in the end only benefits you. Everyday won't be a I'm motivated, committed, and ready to lose this weight day but I'm going to keep pushing so that I can be in maintenance like you all.
reinvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Macauley - Most of the patients I counsel are in the acute phase. Most of the maintainers I have counseled are having the same issues that we are in that it is constant work. Some continue to eat using the acute phase as their guide, only increase their calories ... lean protein, vegetables and fruit, and only occasionally have starchy splurge. Some incorporate a low glycemic starch into their diet on a daily basis. I think what makes some more successful than others is they come back when they start to gain.

I found a really good article about successful long-term weight loss maintenance at Long-term weight loss maintenance -- Wing and Phelan 82 (1): 222S -- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

"SUMMARY

Results of random digit dial surveys indicate that 20% of people in the general population are successful at long-term weight loss maintenance. These data, along with findings from the National Weight Control Registry, underscore the fact that it is possible to achieve and maintain significant amounts of weight loss.

Findings from the registry suggest
six key strategies for long-term success at weight loss: 1) engaging in high levels of physical activity; 2) eating a diet that is low in calories and fat; 3) eating breakfast; 4) self-monitoring weight on a regular basis; 5) maintaining a consistent eating pattern; and 6) catching "slips" before they turn into larger regains. Initiating weight loss after a medical event may also help facilitate long-term weight control. "

Tracy - Hang in there girl. You can do this. Go back to journaling, and keep up the exercise. If you start to regain, go back to the clinic right away. We have patients regain a few pounds and restart the program all the time. Do it before it becomes a much bigger problem. Don't feel bad or guilty. Do it for you because you are worth it and deserving.

Debbie - Maybe if you experimented with recipes and found Medi compliant foods that are satisfying you wouldn't feel the need to reward or sabotage yourself with food. You shouldn't feel deprived if this is a WOL.

I know this is hard but we are so worth it. When faced with food challenges remember how good downsizing felt, remember how good it felt to shock a friend that hadn't seen you in a long time, remember how good it felt to get your blood work back and see the improved results, and remember how good it feels to have your picture taken and liking the way you look. Remember how bad you felt when you had to go up a size in clothing, remember how bad it felt to not have any energy or self confidence, remember how bad it felt never wanting to be in pictures, remember how you dreaded running into someone you hadn't seen since you had gained, etc.. How many opportunities have been lost to you because of your weight? No more... we can and we will do this.

There is some good news... according to the article I quoted above, if we can maintain for 2 years it gets easier.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

thanks Susie! I've been journaling, so I think it may be due to stress- shows up right in the belly!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Hey Tracy - I just made a commitment to go back for shots for awhile. Mom just was diagnosed with cancer and my guy is having to work away for 5 more months.... UGH!
I had a long talk with my doc at the clinic and because life is pretty stressful right now she reminded me to keep that commitment to myself - and so I have committed to shots and visits to the clinic once a week and be more consistent with my journaling. She also talked to me about how to deal with the little bit of euphoria that comes from losing the weight and when that excitement goes away... something I actually hadn't thought about.
Thanks for the article Susie - a good read...
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Giving my body a reset...

My weight jumped up about 4 pounds after a weekend of eating out. The office manager at our office had just done a week of protein only to lose a few pounds that she had gained over the holidays and dropped 10 pounds. After talking to her, I decided to do protein only for a week too. I wanted to get rid of the 4 pounds, eliminate any cravings that have crept up, and shrink my appetite back down. I am on my 4th day and have already lost 6 pounds. It hasn't been difficult even without AS. Seeing the weight drop is so motivating. I think I am going to do this once a year to give my body a reset.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:26 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
My weight jumped up about 4 pounds after a weekend of eating out. The office manager at our office had just done a week of protein only to lose a few pounds that she had gained over the holidays and dropped 10 pounds. After talking to her, I decided to do protein only for a week too. I wanted to get rid of the 4 pounds, eliminate any cravings that have crept up, and shrink my appetite back down. I am on my 4th day and have already lost 6 pounds. It hasn't been difficult even without AS. Seeing the weight drop is so motivating. I think I am going to do this once a year to give my body a reset.

I think being able to go back to protein only is all in the mind too. I have tried this a couple of times and always end up sneaking in a fruit or some nuts by day three or four...Susie- even though it is a mental commitment, do you have any advice for how I can do this for a whole week without the yucky feeling?
Old 03-20-2010, 04:31 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Hey Tracy - I just made a commitment to go back for shots for awhile. Mom just was diagnosed with cancer and my guy is having to work away for 5 more months.... UGH!
I had a long talk with my doc at the clinic and because life is pretty stressful right now she reminded me to keep that commitment to myself - and so I have committed to shots and visits to the clinic once a week and be more consistent with my journaling. She also talked to me about how to deal with the little bit of euphoria that comes from losing the weight and when that excitement goes away... something I actually hadn't thought about.
Thanks for the article Susie - a good read...
Macauley- sorry to hear about your mom. I know that must be difficult. Does she live near you?

I think the shots are sooo worth it! I missed going to the clinic for a week due to gaining a few pounds and feeling overwhelming stress in live. Boy did I feel a drop in energy!! I was falling asleep during the day! Then when I finally went, I felt better and more alert. I am sticking to shots at least once a week, but am trying for twice a week (Mondays and Fridays). I agree with what your clinic said...We need to remember our commitment to ourselves. It gives me some peace to know I can have control over this!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Macauley,

So sorry to hear about your Mom and your guy being away. Those are tough times. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy_d View Post
I think being able to go back to protein only is all in the mind too. I have tried this a couple of times and always end up sneaking in a fruit or some nuts by day three or four...Susie- even though it is a mental commitment, do you have any advice for how I can do this for a whole week without the yucky feeling?
Tracy,

The first 3 days were easy and I felt great. I started feeling weak and tired yesterday (day 4) and today it was a real struggle to get through my workout. I know this is only temporary and 4 of the 7 days are behind me.

I have tried to do this before, but did not have the right mindset. I think the secret is getting yourself really pumped and doing it at the right time. Hearing our office manager's success in doing it made me want to try again and then when I saw the quick results I was motivated to stick with it.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b50
Stats: 218/177.2/178
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!
Debbie-You sure do have a full plate. What worked well for me was eating virtually the same thing for several weeks...every meal. I ate virtually the same thing for three or four weeks in the middle of my total 12. I made and froze everything on the weekends and then meals were just mindless sources of fuel and not a focus at all. Would making food a very UNimportant part of your day help???

Good luck! You can do this! El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Question for McBoo, Susie, Jo, Macauley and others with losses and maintaining. I have a counseling question for you....I need the counseling. I'm 53 y.o. and for most of my adult life (since age 35 anyways) I was between 140-155 lbs, then in the past 5 years I was up to 180, this year made it to 190. Now I'm back to just below 170 and I keep sabotaging myself that I'm ok and can go back to eating off plan a couple times a month for a while and then get serious again. I truly have a crazy schedule with working two jobs and being in graduate school online and unfortunately still look at food sometimes as a "break/a treat for myself/a rest time finally/and sometimes as a pity party." I want to be successful and not whine in our MWL board, and I don't want to sabotage others (newbies) but my question is how do you get past the mindset and continue on the weight loss when you haven't seen that lb wt in so long? I'll even settle for a short term goal of 155 but stop myself when I feel I'm not worth it!! Wow! I cannot spend time exercising much because I really physically have to be at the computer online hours of a day with this Master's degree. Add to it that part of the hesitation to lose more is probably that since my bilateral mastectomies in 2007 my new boobs were made from redirecting some abdominal muscle and lots of abdominal fat to make me full uptop, lose a lot of fat and I've already come down some in size (get the picture?)You have all been so helpful and inspirational to me and I know you'll have some advice I'll value, so thank you in advance! Debbie
fit2b50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre321
Stats: 5'8" 224/ 151.4/ 160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: August 25, 2009
Okay- so I have to admit it here- first step to changing my downward "spiral" is taking responsibility for my actions and fessing up!

My fiance and I bought our first home and have been doing the whole, moving-unpacking-painting-decorating-no kitchen table or unpacked cookwear- eat fast food while sitting on the floor thing. Really dissapointed in myself since I know that the key to this way of life is planning! I feel somewhat settled now and weighed myself this morning. 6lb gain... gulp. I am getting back on track though. Made an appt at my clinic for next week. Started back on week one today. I am glad I caught myself before too much damage had been done. It is amazing how bad the carb cravings get when you allow yourself to eat anything and everything! I am very dissapointed in myself but I know that beating myself up will not change what the scale says. I am going to do some butt-kicking work outs this week and do everything that I can to get the weight off.

Just needed to come here and let you all know that I had a major slip up. But that I will not make any more excuses for myself or constantly say, "I will get back on plan tomorrow". Because I am back on the plan now! Thanks for letting me vent!

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Bre
Bre321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
ok so I must ask you here-

I am so close to my original goal of 140 pounds--but it seems these last few are not coming off quickly at all-in fact I may have only lost 1 pound according to my scales-I weigh in at the clinic in the morning-I have not changed how I have been eating-I have not increased cals or carbs-any ideas? is it normal to slow down at the end-
CCCOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #407
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: daranuge
WOE: medi
Start Date: 2/18/2010
feeling your pain

I'm pretty discouraged at this point. Am 6.5 lbs from goal and only lost 1.5 this past week am thinking about changing my goal- the nurse at the clinic said this was probably a good idea at this point. my BMI is at 20 and weight is at 121.5- the loss has so slowed down I think I may stop before I get too discouraged and reflect on how far I have come.
daranuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jbiggars63
Stats: 493/192/193
Start Date: 1/23/2009
Hey everyone! I am getting close to maintenance! Weighed in Thursday at 207. Fat% 15.6 and BMI 28.7 along with a 34" waist! My initial goal of 250 blown away, now going for 193 (300 pounds lost). After taking almost 8 weeks off from exercise (due to tummy tuck), I started running again 2 weeks ago. Ran a 2 mile race today and completed it in a personal best time of 19:51! All is good! Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
jbiggars63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Cory and Dara,

My experience was very similar to what you are experiencing. The last few pounds came off excrutiatingly slow. I started maintenance a pound shy of my goal of 155, but was tired of paying $70 a week. Now I hover between 153 and 159. The most effective thing I have found is to once in a while repeat week 1.

Good luck to you both.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggars63 View Post
Hey everyone! I am getting close to maintenance! Weighed in Thursday at 207. Fat% 15.6 and BMI 28.7 along with a 34" waist! My initial goal of 250 blown away, now going for 193 (300 pounds lost). After taking almost 8 weeks off from exercise (due to tummy tuck), I started running again 2 weeks ago. Ran a 2 mile race today and completed it in a personal best time of 19:51! All is good! Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
WTG Jerry! We are keeping a spot warm for you.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CCCOX
Stats: 195-135-135
Start Date: 1/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Cory and Dara,

My experience was very similar to what you are experiencing. The last few pounds came off excrutiatingly slow. I started maintenance a pound shy of my goal of 155, but was tired of paying $70 a week. Now I hover between 153 and 159. The most effective thing I have found is to once in a while repeat week 1.

Good luck to you both.
thank you! I am down less then 10 from my 2nd goal and 4 from my original-I am so ready to be there
CCCOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Well, I am here to tell you both that maintenance is not a magical place where your weight stays at the right place forever. It is a constant effort and you really need to be vigilant with what goes in your mouth. Maintenance requires the same type of commitment that got you here.

I suggest that you still journal. Journalling is a part of my life now. A habit. Exercise is also a habit. And reading labels at the market. All the things that got you to maintenance will keep you where you want to be. This is a lifestyle change, a major one. You will never be eating as you did before again. You will not be deprived or starving. You will just be making different choices for yourself.

And just like Susie, I go back to week one occasionally if I see the scale go up a couple of pounds. And if not a full week one, then I do a modified one. Makes me feel good to be able to do that.

Jo
Old 04-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #413
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: daranuge
WOE: medi
Start Date: 2/18/2010
Thanks for the replies susie and Dessert Rose- I am contemplating doing week 1 again now just to see if it can push me within 5 of my original then move to Maintence. The nurse at the clinic did say that some still lose weight in maintence- but yes basically I'm tired of paying 70$ a week to lose 1-1.5 lbs. I think I've wrapped my mind around the program and how it is my new way of life in regards to eating.

Thanks again
daranuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Hello Everyone!

Anyone miss me? I have missed being here and I apologize for not visiting. Just been through a stressful few months and just did not want to come here if I could not say anything positive. Things are looking up again. I have been going to my monthly weigh-in and all is ok. However, I did resort to my sweet tooth mode of handling stress. I working my self out of it.

Anyway I am back and I am glad to do so.

Macauley-sorry to hear about your mom. I am thinking of you.
Jerry-fantastic!
Suzy-looks like you kept everyone going. Excellent!!
Nick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick80 View Post
Hello Everyone!

Anyone miss me? I have missed being here and I apologize for not visiting. Just been through a stressful few months and just did not want to come here if I could not say anything positive. Things are looking up again. I have been going to my monthly weigh-in and all is ok. However, I did resort to my sweet tooth mode of handling stress. I working my self out of it.

Anyway I am back and I am glad to do so.

Macauley-sorry to hear about your mom. I am thinking of you.
Jerry-fantastic!
Suzy-looks like you kept everyone going. Excellent!!
Nick,

I am so glad you are back. It looks like you are doing a great job of maintaining despite your sweet tooth.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Suzy, but I think it was the stress that kept the weight off more than anything else. Anywa, I am happy to be back on my lean protein and veggie WOE. I treat myself to a dessert once (ok maybe twice ) a week and I exercise regularly.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #417
Senior LCF Member

I know there have been a few discussions about weight maintenance and I am trying to figure it out as I go along. I do go for my weigh in once a month and have not gone above my weight goal which I guess is a good thing. However, I still have not got rid of my cravings and I am putting part of that down to lack of any meaningful carbs other than the greens I have at lunch and dinner with my lean protein (basically following week 2 but with more amounts of food). I have been afraid to eat fruits and I was wondering if anyone here has experimented with them in maintenance. What my think is, is to add a fruit around 10 am as a snack (maybe an apple) and another one around 3 or 4pm as a snack (maybe some grapes) so as to try and keep my sugar cravings at least to a healthy alternative (yup like ice-cream etc). This way I may control the sweet stuff, but open to any suggestions etc.

I really want to keep this weight off, because not only do I feel really good phisically but also in the way I carry myself. All very positive.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries. small orange or tangelo, 1/2 grapefruit, small apple - sometimes bake the apple in the microwave for about 6 minutes and sprinkle cinnamon on top, and Yoplait Fiber One yogurt is a nice treat too. I am within 1/2 pound of my goal weight - on either side - and have been so for almost 8 months. Had a couple of odd occurrences that had to do with injections for a rotator cuff injury, but as soon as the treatment was over the weight disappeared as if by magic.

This works for me. Each person is different.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick80 View Post
I know there have been a few discussions about weight maintenance and I am trying to figure it out as I go along. I do go for my weigh in once a month and have not gone above my weight goal which I guess is a good thing. However, I still have not got rid of my cravings and I am putting part of that down to lack of any meaningful carbs other than the greens I have at lunch and dinner with my lean protein (basically following week 2 but with more amounts of food). I have been afraid to eat fruits and I was wondering if anyone here has experimented with them in maintenance. What my think is, is to add a fruit around 10 am as a snack (maybe an apple) and another one around 3 or 4pm as a snack (maybe some grapes) so as to try and keep my sugar cravings at least to a healthy alternative (yup like ice-cream etc). This way I may control the sweet stuff, but open to any suggestions etc.

I really want to keep this weight off, because not only do I feel really good phisically but also in the way I carry myself. All very positive.
Nick,

I am doing like you are for the most part, eating week 2, just more calories of it. I do not incorporate a low glycemic starch every day like they say in the maintenance materials because I do not want to get back in the habit of eating starches, low glycemic or not. I do have fruit just a couple times a week, usually grapes or berries. About once a month I let myself have a forbidden food like an everything bagel at Einsteins, or french fries at Toojays. The rest of the meal is strictly Medi. I only do this at most once a month because I do not want to creep back into my old habits and I do not want to have cravings. I find that if you have something only once in a while you don't really crave them anymore (still like them though). For my sweet tooth I buy quarts of D'lites low carb ice cream and usually have 1 cup per day for 4 carbs and 100 calories. It is a great way to celebrate having had a good day of eating and something I look forward to every night.

Becoming a Medi counselor has helped me more than you will ever know. Every patient I counsel reinforces this WOE and WOL for me. I am still very passionate and get so excited for every patient's success I see. When a patient struggles I try to problem solve with them to see what is really going on. It is almost like I am going through the process all over again with every patient. Today we had 10 patients that were doing their week 1 weigh-ins. Medi needs to make a commercial out of this. It was so exciting. One lady kept saying "No way! You guys are playing me. There is no way I lost that much weight in one week..." and she just kept going on. I can't describe the feeling of being a part of this.

I have also learned that Medi gave me a bunch of tools that I have at my disposal for keeping the weight off. 1) Journaling to keep me honest and accountable. 2) Week 1... anytime I put on a few pounds, either because of holiday eating, vacationing, or just creeping I can always do a quick reset by doing one week of protein only and <10g of carbs. Instead of trying to eat only 500 calories since no AS, I will do 800 - 1000 calories. 3) Going back to Medi as a patient. My husband and I both agree that if we gain 10 pounds we will go back on acute phase and lose it again before it becomes a 50 pound problem. The cost is minimal compared to gaining all the weight back.

My husband has lost close to 45 pounds and is close to going on maintenance. BTW, it also helps to go through this with someone else, be it a friend or a spouse.

I haven't bothered to update my stats, but I am currently 152 pounds, 3 pounds below goal. I have been as high as 7 pounds above goal after the holidays, but 1 week of protein only took care of that. I hope there is something here you can use. Sorry to be so long winded. Wishing you the best.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Suzy, Jo:
Thanks for your valuable recommendations and insight. I am so determined to keep the weight off and I hope either of you mind if I bother you for any insights you may have. I have been on maintenance about 2 months now so I want to be able to catch any mistakes I may be making. I know I shouldnt be having cereal every day but I had missed it. Usually a cup of oats and some cinammon. The D'lites ice cream sounds good. I havent seen it anywhere but will look.

Thanks
Nick