Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 03:02 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick80 View Post
Tracy Happy Birthday!

Macauley excellent news regarding the 9 years!

Susy I think some of these folks are looking for ways around the diet. I am also appalled at the lack of motivation by some of the folks and they certainly are demotivating if one doesnt have a strong will. Personally I am glad I was committed, helped along by all of you who are so helpful and positive!

A quick question here is that did any of you feel lethargic, depressed once you were off the AS and started maintenance? I am feeling both and my energy levels seem down. hopefully it will pass soon.

On a good note I ran for 1 hour and 15 minutes on saturday at a good clip.

Happy Monday all!

Hey Nick I did get that lethargic feeling but I attributed it to eating too many carbs too soon. At the beginning of maintenance, I also slowed down on the mic and B12 injections to once a week. I have since decided that the extra shots are beneficial to me so I still go twice a week for them. I like the way I feel after getting the shots.
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Hi Macauley! How's the foot? Have you been able to get in any exercise?
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre321
Stats: 5'8" 224/ 151.4/ 160
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: August 25, 2009
Hi All!

I am hoping to visit this maintenance thread more often now! I have now been adding in whole grains and eating more calories.

My clinic has been very vague on what whole grains they reccomend. I would love it if you all could suggest a few things- for example what is the best whole grain cereal, bread (or english muffin), rice etc. Knowing the brands really helps me when I am grocery shopping. Also, what is the carb count (net) that you are trying to stay within during maintenance?

I have continued to lose weight and am hoping to maintain at 145-150lbs. I feel very good at this weight. I have gone from a size 18 (tight) to a loose 8.

Life has been very busy which has made me want to stay on acute (less to think about) but I want to get on the maintanance train! I let myself have 2 glasses of champagne at my engagement party this weekend. As well as a few bites of not-so-medi-friendly food. But I have been working out double time and have been eating well ever since.

I truly want to accept that this is my new lifestyle. Yes, I dropped over 70lbs pretty fast- but in order to stay at this weight I will need to work at it every single day. All of you really help to keep me accountable and truly have provided such wonderful support and a wealth of knowledge!

Which brings me to Susie- I think you are absolutely correct in letting people know if they are not following the plan or are doing something that could end up sabotaging themselves and others. Sometimes I get the feeling that some of these people just want to follow the WOE and do not actually go to a clinic but have heard that medi is a quick way to lose weight.

I want to show you all my before and after picture but would rather not post it as my avatar for all to see. Is there a way I can PM it to you? I was very shocked when I saw the pics side by side. I never realized how far I had let myself go. In a weird way it makes me sad that I had let myself get to that point. I just keep praying that I will stay conscious and present for the rest of my life about the health and food choices that I make.

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

Bre
Bre321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fit2b55
Stats: 218/211/178
Start Date: 6/24/09-Maintenance 10/12/09!!: RESTART 5/27/14
Bre-I also am a Charlotte girl so I'll share with you the grains that I eat.

Thomas' English Muffins-the ones with 8 grams of fiber-they are either 100 or 140 calories. I buy the double pack at Costco.

Ezekial Bread. Go to Trader Joe's. It's on the top shelf. Freeze as soon as you get home...it'll be great! LOVE LOVE LOVE the raisin bread with LF cream cheese and SF jelly-check out the Polaner SF with Fiber-at Harris Teeter

Trader Joe's also has a brown rice in the freezer...you can have a little as one pack serves 6.

At the Teeter, I found a corkscrew pasta made from veggies-have had it once but would have again---infrequently.

Just recently I added the Arnolds or Thomas's skinny bagels-100 calories. Check HT-they have some great 100 calorie breads that are OK. Also have Flat Out breads by deli-I use these as pizza crusts.

Bottom line, I usually have one grain a day and some days I have two. No more than 200 calories a day. I look for 100 calories or less with at least 6-8 fiber and 6-8 protein minimum. I am more than satisfied with these breads.

Good luck. I don't know where you are in Charlotte but if you want to meet and walk a grocery store, I'd be glad to meet you. I go to the Ballantyne office. You? El

PS-if you want to meet PM me as I am not great about keeping up with wall posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre321 View Post
Hi All!

I am hoping to visit this maintenance thread more often now! I have now been adding in whole grains and eating more calories.

My clinic has been very vague on what whole grains they reccomend. I would love it if you all could suggest a few things- for example what is the best whole grain cereal, bread (or english muffin), rice etc. Knowing the brands really helps me when I am grocery shopping. Also, what is the carb count (net) that you are trying to stay within during maintenance?

I have continued to lose weight and am hoping to maintain at 145-150lbs. I feel very good at this weight. I have gone from a size 18 (tight) to a loose 8.

Life has been very busy which has made me want to stay on acute (less to think about) but I want to get on the maintanance train! I let myself have 2 glasses of champagne at my engagement party this weekend. As well as a few bites of not-so-medi-friendly food. But I have been working out double time and have been eating well ever since.

I truly want to accept that this is my new lifestyle. Yes, I dropped over 70lbs pretty fast- but in order to stay at this weight I will need to work at it every single day. All of you really help to keep me accountable and truly have provided such wonderful support and a wealth of knowledge!

Which brings me to Susie- I think you are absolutely correct in letting people know if they are not following the plan or are doing something that could end up sabotaging themselves and others. Sometimes I get the feeling that some of these people just want to follow the WOE and do not actually go to a clinic but have heard that medi is a quick way to lose weight.

I want to show you all my before and after picture but would rather not post it as my avatar for all to see. Is there a way I can PM it to you? I was very shocked when I saw the pics side by side. I never realized how far I had let myself go. In a weird way it makes me sad that I had let myself get to that point. I just keep praying that I will stay conscious and present for the rest of my life about the health and food choices that I make.
fit2b55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #365
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nomorerolls
Stats: 169/141/125
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 11/11/09
shout out for fat free sugar free half and half

Medi vets....Can any of you recommend a SF FF brand of half and half...can't find any up here in NY and my local supermarket said he'd carry it if I can get a few brand names. Also any brand name for lo/no carb flavored yogarts (vanilla would be fine!

I'd appreciate it!!!
nomorerolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Krogers makes a Carbmaster Yogurt, and Yoplait/Fiber 1 also has has a good one but that one is higher in carbs so I use it only as a treat. Same for Dannon's Light and Fit...but Carbmaster is good with only net 3 carbs (total 4 less 1 for fiber so net 3).

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Jo, I really enjoy the Kroger's carbmaster's yogurt and feel lucky to be in an area of the US where we have Dillons stores or Krogers stores. Sometimes I've eaten them in the evening as like a dessert, especially the fruity ones. I also like the vanilla with LOTS of cinnamon or a little sugar-free applesauce and cinnamon mixed in.
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:48 PM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabethgrace
Stats: 242/223/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 1/14/2010
Try Kroger's Blackberry Carbmaster Yogurt. It is so good you feel like you are eating something you're not supposed to!!
elizabethgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

I get the "Sprinkle" spices from Pampered Chef and mix those into the various flavors for a change up. You can purchase from them without having a party or any of the stuff that goes along with them. I like the Cinnamon, the Caramel and the Mocha ones in particular. And they are Medi-friendly as well.

Jo
Old 02-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NOT2fat4fun
Stats: 190/178/145 again
Start Date: May 5, 2009
Hi All -
Life is good - I have a week off work (winter break), the sun is shining, and no more injuries... Food is good and under control. Olympics are on and feeling motivated.
Love it!
Hope everyone is doing well. Miss chatting with you all!
Proud member of the maintainers! Wouldn't be here without you all!
NOT2fat4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
Hi all
great to see everyone here humming along and being excited about themselves. Been very busy at work these last few weeks so although I have monitored the site I havent posted. I am so proud of all of you!!

Nick
Nick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:42 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bre321
Stats: 5'8" 224/ 151.4/ 160
Start Date: August 25, 2009
Hey El,

Thank you so much for the tips! I actually go to the Northlake clinic in Charlotte. I have found most of the staff to be really helpful, encouraging and informative. I have never seen the Doctor from my clinic. I do however meet with the nurse there regularly and she keeps a close eye on things. I have started going to the clinic about 2 times a month now due to the high cost.

My fiance and I are closing on our first house next week- stress is high so I am REALLY trying to keep my eating under control. Stress eating is EXACTLY how I got to 224lbs. I need to put into perspective that this is good and happy stress. This is a very exciting time in my life and I want to make it through it all keeping my health as a top priority.

My fiance has now lost 40lbs by simply walking with me at night and eating less. He is not on medi- he still eats bread and will certainly indulge on the weekends. Pretty amazing that just cutting back and walking can cause him to lose 40 lbs- lucky! I am just glad that we are taking these steps at a young age so that we can really start a happy and healthy life together. I have been given such a blessing at the age of 22 to realize how important my health is and I truly want to stay on top of it!

I am very slowly adding carbs back in- as I have realized how bad my body reacts to them. I instantly feel bloated and my stomache seems to grow right away. I also start to crave carbs. I really have to limit how much I let myself have. Protein and veggies are my friend and bread (although I LOVE it) does not love me!

Thank you all for your continued advice and support! This board has really helped me a long the way
Bre321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Hey All - happy Sunday!
So I have been in maintain land for awhile now - certainly had some ups and downs. Learned some things - like throw out all the cereal I buy for house guests when they leave (just cannot have that stuff in the house).
I haven't settled in at 145 and I wonder if it will always be something I have to work at. I know some of you HAVE settled in at your weight and I was wondering about that...
When my weight goes up I focus on my proteins and it works for me - in general I don't eat off my plan (breads, etc...) but I know that sometimes my salads get a bit excessive as does my nut consumption...
Could you all find some time to share about your eating now? How has it changed since acute, what you added back in and can't eat now...
Are you finding that you still have to work at it?
Thanks!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it
Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Hey All - happy Sunday!
So I have been in maintain land for awhile now - certainly had some ups and downs. Learned some things - like throw out all the cereal I buy for house guests when they leave (just cannot have that stuff in the house).
I haven't settled in at 145 and I wonder if it will always be something I have to work at. I know some of you HAVE settled in at your weight and I was wondering about that...
When my weight goes up I focus on my proteins and it works for me - in general I don't eat off my plan (breads, etc...) but I know that sometimes my salads get a bit excessive as does my nut consumption...
Could you all find some time to share about your eating now? How has it changed since acute, what you added back in and can't eat now...
Are you finding that you still have to work at it?
Thanks!
Hi Macauley,

I am probably more like you. I monitor my weight daily and I am having to constantly adjust my diet accordingly. I still eat according to the acute phase (per my Medi doctor), I just eat more calories. Maybe once a week I will have a potato that I scoop most of the insides out of. When I see my weight go up I cut back on the carbs and the calories.

I bought red grapes yesterday and couldn't stay out of them, so it will be a while before I buy them again. I must have eaten half of them all by myself. Thank goodness they were gone this morning. It's funny how we can overeat just about anything.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: McBoo
Stats: 216/140/140 Now on Maintainance
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinics
Start Date: June 17, 2008
Macauley and Susie,

I am just like you. When I see the scale starting to move in the wrong direction I adjust my diet quickly so it doesn't get out of control.

Brown rice can get the better of me if I let it. When I have my carbs I make sure they are the high fiber ones. Cereal I have occaissionally Kashi Go Lean (not the Go Lean Crunch) with unsweeted vanilla almond milk and sweetner.

McBoo
McBoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dodgern
Stats: 236/150.6/140- now on maintenance
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 2/26/09
Maintaining!!

Just like y'all....I monitor my weight every day-probably not a good idea because our weights vary for different reasons. Ummm,us females do know that! Also,because we are eating differently,we may be taking in more sodium some days=water retention . I don't know if any of you have weighed yourself throughout just 1 day BUT I have and it can scare you
My weight varies up to and sometimes more than 5lbs-but the excess is usually gone the next morning- for more than the obvious reason
I have not allowed myself to eat a lot of carbs since I started maintenance but I do indulge once in a while but only eat a small amount. I usually stay around 60-80 gms, it depends on how much a workout I do or don't do!
The gym that I go to has "Life Center" where you can get your vital signs,weight,fat percentage,and vital signs (BP etc) checked-nothing thrills me more to see that I'm within 5lbs of 130lbs,which is where my body seems to have settled. BUT the best part is my BMI which is 22!!! I was 44 when I started!
I know that I cannot allow myself to regain any weight because I have so many eyes watching me The people I work with keep me accountable!!

cindy
dodgern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

WOW Cindy! That is awesome that you've cut your BMI in 1/2!! Congratulations!

Thank you cindy, McBoo, McCauley, and Susie for your tips on staying healthy once in maintenance. I look forward to being there.

I've tried to go back to week one but it is SO hard once you've been past week one and get used to having sugarfree gum. I think I'm getting too many carbs that way. I've been chomping on gum because I haven't been taking my AS lately. I should be able to get back on them tomorrow. I had avoided the AS due to over exhaustion from being up at night due to leg cramps from work. So I was tired already and having to take an extra Atenolol, it just didn't make sense to add a AS.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Carbs and I have a rocky acquaintance/friendship. Some are just fine others are on the not welcome list. I have had a couple run ins with antibiotics and corticosteriuds which really played with my head and the scale. Intelligence told me WHY the scale went up but emotionally my heart was broken. I am back to where I should be - 150 - but it still is a really hard thing for me - I think it will take at least a year to be comfortable in maintenance. My associates at work keep me accountable as well....there is no way I will go back...Exercise is the key for me. A day without exercise of any kind will result in a change in the scales....so that is what I get for being an athlete all my life...arrrrghhhh

Jo
Old 02-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Maintenance Folks, I'm not anywhere close yet to maintenance but have a question for you. What about these jowls? I've noticed it at 190, seems worse at 167 just 8 wks later, do you think they could decrease or worsen as I get to 140? Any suggestions? I don't have $ for a face lift but don't want to look like a puppet either! Debbie
Old 02-25-2010, 07:28 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nick80
Stats: 6ft 249/175/180
WOE: Mediweight- maintenance
Start Date: October 1, 2009
A quick hello to all!
It certainly has been strange being on maintenance. From reading the posts here, I can see I am not alone in trying to maintain a balance. I seem to be on a see saw. Gain some then lose some. right now I am on the "lose some." I am nervous to put fruit in my mouth or have pasta or any form of starch, yet dont seem to hesitate to have at least one or two desserts a week. Then i go back to my protein and green veggie ways for a few days to lose lots more weight and experience a drop in energy. Hopefully I will figure it out so I am not yo-yo'ing and find the balance. I do love the thin me I must say though!

Almost the weekend!!

Cheers to all
Nick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hudiman
Stats: 5'2" /155/ now at goal 125
WOE: Medi Weightloss Clinc
Start Date: April 23, 2009
The wellness phase certainly has it's ups and downs, you are right. No ones weight stays exactly the same all the time. This is trial and error, it always will be trial and error. That's why journaling, even in this phase, is a must. You can figure out what makes your weight jump up or what works and you stay the same. You have the tools to get back to where you feel comfortable. And it really is great to feel and look thin. Good luck, how long have you been in the wellness phase?
hudiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Just checking in to see how all of my maintenance buddies are doing. Having my husband start Medi has really helped me to stay on plan. He no longer insists that we go out to eat lunch and really enjoys my Medi recipes. Now if I can just get him to the gym...
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC2 View Post
Hi all,

Just checking in to see how all of my maintenance buddies are doing. Having my husband start Medi has really helped me to stay on plan. He no longer insists that we go out to eat lunch and really enjoys my Medi recipes. Now if I can just get him to the gym...

Susie,

Get him to the gym even if it's just for 30 minutes of cardio to begin with. You know how important it is.

McBoo
Old 03-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

And that is a ditto from me!

Jo
Old 03-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Hey all - how is it going? Everyone busy these days? Can't wait for warm weather so I can start working outside - its been really rainy - which is good but not fun to slog around in the mud...
Looking forward to the Easter CRAP to get out of my office - how DID the chocolate get associated with Easter... and those peeps - really!!!
Think about you all and wonder how you are doing... hope all is well.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT2fat4fun View Post
Hey all - how is it going? Everyone busy these days? Can't wait for warm weather so I can start working outside - its been really rainy - which is good but not fun to slog around in the mud...
Looking forward to the Easter CRAP to get out of my office - how DID the chocolate get associated with Easter... and those peeps - really!!!
Think about you all and wonder how you are doing... hope all is well.
Macauley,

Peeps are evil. Just don't go there. All is well here. Hope the same for you and everyone else on maintainance.

McBoo
Old 03-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

I so appreciate your blogging in. I keep an eye on the main threads, but at this point I mainly look for big misinformation to provoke me to blog in. I feel it is time to pass the torch.

I give myself a 5 pound buffer to react to my diet. Lately I have been within 2 pounds of my goal weight. If it goes above the 2 pounds I go back to week one or close to it. We all know the plan and what we have to do to make it successful. We just need to do it.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Ha - I'm with you McBoo - I don't even know what those peeps are made of (don't tell me)... its the colors that are crazy!
I am still floating with my weight - up and down and around. I really wish it would stabilize... It sure didn't seem to be difficult to stick at the 194 mark. I only go to the clinic once a month. I was thinking that if I went more often it would help with stabilization but I don't know why I think that...
Susie -still working at the clinic? Do you work with people in maintain land? What do you see that works for people -
have a great weekend all - Tracy - how are things?
Old 03-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Question for McBoo, Susie, Jo, Macauley and others with losses and maintaining. I have a counseling question for you....I need the counseling. I'm 53 y.o. and for most of my adult life (since age 35 anyways) I was between 140-155 lbs, then in the past 5 years I was up to 180, this year made it to 190. Now I'm back to just below 170 and I keep sabotaging myself that I'm ok and can go back to eating off plan a couple times a month for a while and then get serious again. I truly have a crazy schedule with working two jobs and being in graduate school online and unfortunately still look at food sometimes as a "break/a treat for myself/a rest time finally/and sometimes as a pity party." I want to be successful and not whine in our MWL board, and I don't want to sabotage others (newbies) but my question is how do you get past the mindset and continue on the weight loss when you haven't seen that lb wt in so long? I'll even settle for a short term goal of 155 but stop myself when I feel I'm not worth it!! Wow! I cannot spend time exercising much because I really physically have to be at the computer online hours of a day with this Master's degree. Add to it that part of the hesitation to lose more is probably that since my bilateral mastectomies in 2007 my new boobs were made from redirecting some abdominal muscle and lots of abdominal fat to make me full uptop, lose a lot of fat and I've already come down some in size (get the picture?)You have all been so helpful and inspirational to me and I know you'll have some advice I'll value, so thank you in advance! Debbie

Last edited by Fit2010; 03-13-2010 at 02:34 PM..
Old 03-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Debbie, I am not really sure what I can say that will be of help to you. All I can do is tell you what works for me. This is my lifestyle now, this is my choice for a way to look at food. Food is to fuel my body, to make this "machine" work well. Food is not a reward, it is not a treat, it is not a way to deal with stressful situations. Exercise is what I use to deal with all of those things. When I am stressed, I walk, when I want a treat, I walk by the lake. Reward? A hike up South Mountain.

Next, is commitment. I am 100% committed to this lifestyle and way of eating. I have to be for my own health and wellness. I COULD choose differently, but I actually do not want to. IF I go out to dinner or to an event. I plan for it, I plan what I may need to take with me, or how to tailor my food for the day of the event. Nothing is unplanned or left to chance. That, to me at least, is the slippery slope to failure.

Now, I work 3p-1130p, and have had to learn to deal with this schedule. I still get up every morning at 630a-700a and I am either out walking or over at the fitness center for at least an hour or more, then home to do a little fitness video. I MAKE the time for exercise because I have learned that exercise is the key to my maintaining my weight. I have been athletic all my life and when I let down and let the exercise go, again the slippery slope.

When I shop for groceries, I shop with a list and do not impulse buy. I shop for what I know I can have and stay healthy. And I never ever shop prior to a meal or after work or in a rush.

Above it all, though, is the mindset and the 100% commitment. With a positive mindset and the commitment, success is there for you to reach out and grab it. All you have to do is "just do it".

Best of luck to you.

Jo