Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
LostinAusten - I have always been told by my clinic to eat before and after I workout. What I eat varies but I always have something before and after. The other day I ate half a small apple and 2 tablespoons of PB2 before and an EAAS shake after for example. your body needs that fuel before and after! Good luck! I loved Couch to 5K!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2010, 06:45 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinAusten View Post
Dream Warrier- your coworker is my goal!

I'm making up my special "goal" mix with lots of summery songs to remind me that summer is just around the corner!! I've been listening to Kings of Convenience on my ipod. How did I never hear them before? I dare you to listen to them on youtube and not think of swinging in a hammock by the ocean. I especially love the songs "Boat Behind", "I'd Rather Dance with you", and "Failure".
I subscribe to Runners mag - I love it, its soo motivational and they have soo many wonderful tips... I suggest subscribing to it for some great pics and great advise. My co-worker is awesome, she's been running for years (I mean like 20 years) and she is soo healthy - she's the one that turned me on to running.

As far as music goes - I'll have to check out that group...

When I think of summer music, I think of "Brown Eyed Girl" and "Under the Boardwalk!" LOL!!
DreamWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom on a mission
Stats: Ht 5' 7" 247/156.4/160
WOE: MWL
Start Date: January 2, 2010
Downloaded "Couch to 5k" on my iPhone last night. Just completed Day 1 tonight. Wow-I am out of shape! However, I am thrilled about how the program works... walk, jog, walk, jog (you get the picture). Although I was a 3 sport, very athletic teen, I haven't jogged in about 20+ years. I cannot tell you how great it felt to finish Day 1.

Anyway-thanks for the opportunity to share a very small victory in my life!!

Peace...
Mom on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on a mission View Post
Downloaded "Couch to 5k" on my iPhone last night.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Couch to 5K program?

I get that its a running program, but where can I get the 411 on it?
DreamWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dragonfire
Stats: 5'5"/260/226/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 04/07/2010 Restart 01/08/2011
I dont know if we can post links but if you Google Couch to 5K, it will be the first link on the list.
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Couch to 5K program?

I get that its a running program, but where can I get the 411 on it?
Hello DW! I agree with Dragonfire, you can just google "Couch to 5k". If you have an iPhone, I would highly recommend it!! Not sure about what other form the program comes in, ie: DVD. Good luck!

Peace...
Old 02-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #217
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shannoneb1124
WOE: Medi
Start Date: January 4, 2009
Hi fellow Medis!

I am on week 2, and had a rough start, but am determined to keep going and get this weight off!

I too am doing the C25K program and it's great! I did it over year ago to prepare for my first 5k and it was wonderful!

I've just started back this week and will complete Day 3 tomorrow.

My question is, what do you do differently (relating to Medi diet) on days that you workout? Do have more protein? More calories, etc?

Thanks for all your help!
shannoneb1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannoneb1124 View Post
Hi fellow Medis!

I am on week 2, and had a rough start, but am determined to keep going and get this weight off!

I too am doing the C25K program and it's great! I did it over year ago to prepare for my first 5k and it was wonderful!

I've just started back this week and will complete Day 3 tomorrow.

My question is, what do you do differently (relating to Medi diet) on days that you workout? Do have more protein? More calories, etc?

Thanks for all your help!
Congrats on starting C25K again!

Currently, I don't do anything different. My hubby and I tell the people at our clinic that we're exercising 5-7 days/week and ask if we should increase our calories. They said they don't believe in that. I've read on so many other posts that others are given extra protein calories to compensate for the increase in exercise. I have no idea which way to go on this. However, I do increase my water/powerade zero, just out of pure necessity
Old 02-28-2010, 03:35 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicalHome
Hi

The faster we move the more calories burned

The more effort we put into a movement the more calories we burn thats what i know and i read
MagicalHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Congrats on starting C25K again!

Currently, I don't do anything different. My hubby and I tell the people at our clinic that we're exercising 5-7 days/week and ask if we should increase our calories. They said they don't believe in that. I've read on so many other posts that others are given extra protein calories to compensate for the increase in exercise. I have no idea which way to go on this. However, I do increase my water/powerade zero, just out of pure necessity
My clinic says the same thing. Each week they ask what exercise I do and frown at me if they think I did too much. Ah well, looking at your stats it seems like it's working for you
Sshals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshals View Post
My clinic says the same thing. Each week they ask what exercise I do and frown at me if they think I did too much. Ah well, looking at your stats it seems like it's working for you
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's clinic says this. I was getting worried. That's strange that they would frown at you for doing too much. I thought the idea was to incorporate exercise into the program so we could tone the areas we're losing weight in! Mine doesn't even ask what I do, just how many days I worked out. Still a little strange to me

Thanks for the compliment. I am VERY pleased with my results!! I guess I shouldn't complain about my clinic, they seem to be giving me good advice!

REACHED GOAL WEIGHT ON 06/24/10
Total Loss: -90.6 lbs

Wellness...
Old 03-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sshals
Stats: 5'4" 264/192/132
Start Date: 02/2010
Quote:
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's clinic says this. I was getting worried. That's strange that they would frown at you for doing too much. I thought the idea was to incorporate exercise into the program so we could tone the areas we're losing weight in! Mine doesn't even ask what I do, just how many days I worked out. Still a little strange to me

Thanks for the compliment. I am VERY pleased with my results!! I guess I shouldn't complain about my clinic, they seem to be giving me good advice!
I thought so too. I had actually gotten into some great exercise habits before I started this program. I just hadn't managed to lose much weight. When my clinic told me not to worry about exercise, I decided to ignore them. Sort of. I'm still going 5 days a week, but have switched from 5 days of run/walk to 3 days of easy walking and 2 days of intervals with cardio and weights. I'm actually having a lot more fun. This is the first time I've ever exercised just because I wanted to. Before it was because I had to exercise to lose weight. I feel so free now! I wonder if this is what thin fit people feel like?
Sshals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
I think where your clinic is coming from is that you can over exercise for the amount of calories you are on and cause your metabolism to slow. If your weight loss slows you might consider cutting back to 3-4 days of exercise. This is what our doctor recommends at our clinic.

I was an avid exerciser, and at one point she suggested I cut back. I did as she said and my weight loss rate increased.

My doctor also gave me a range of calories, 500-700 and told me to eat at the low end when I have a sedentary day, and at the high end when I have an active day.

I do not mean to contradict your doctors, I just wanted to give you another perspective. Exercise is especially important once you get to maintenance. The more muscle mass you have, the better your metabolism, not to mention the calorie burn you get from cardio.

Good luck!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
I've only played tennis once since starting MWL, but I will be playing twice this week and I want to be prepared especially for the match. What are some items you recommend having before and after playing -- and then during for a match? I've had a match go longer (longest this season was 2 1/2 hours) than regular drills (I do drills for 90 minute weekly), so I have to be prepared for a middle of the match snack.

Yes, I am supposed to have more calories on these days -- but I want to be sure to get the RIGHT foods before / after other than the electrolytes drink.

Thanks.
July: -2.5
Beyond: -5
Total loss: 38

Wellness...
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote