Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
Okay, it is pretty obvious to me that what I have to say is totally unimportant, so I will be discontinuing any posting in this thread. You all go ahead and do as you will. I just do not have the time to try to offer advice and counsel based on experience, and be blown off all the time. Heath and fitness are extremely important to me and I try my best to offer counsel based on a lot of years of experience. It is not wanted, therefore, no more from me in this thread.

I wish you all well with your various programs.

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Quote:
Okay, it is pretty obvious to me that what I have to say is totally unimportant, so I will be discontinuing any posting in this thread. You all go ahead and do as you will. I just do not have the time to try to offer advice and counsel based on experience, and be blown off all the time. Heath and fitness are extremely important to me and I try my best to offer counsel based on a lot of years of experience. It is not wanted, therefore, no more from me in this thread.

Jo
Jo, I disagree. I value your input highly. I have not posted as much recently but I always appreciate your wisdom and positive input. Please continue to post as you have great ideas and experiences to draw from.

FWIW, I have not tried Jillian again. Honestly, I felt BAD about myself afterwards. Slow and fat. I don't like exercise that makes me feel bad about who I am, I like exercise that stretches me and challenges me and makes me feel fit and strong. Sore sometimes, a little, but nothing like I felt after her workout. I found her demeaning. I have been doing weekly yoga class in addition to walking/WiiFit and I feel strong, powerful, and healthy when I'm done. That's my kind of rush

Mommy to THREE sweeties, ages 4(g), 3(g), and 8 months(b)!

Lost 100 pounds on Medi in 2009! Gained it back during bedrest for a high-risk pregnancy Restart: January 2012!!

Week 1: -12.8 pounds
Month 1: -20.6 pounds
Month 2: -16.8 pounds
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert-Rose7 View Post

Jo
Dont take it personal. I read your post and didnt reply... doesnt mean that I didnt take what you said into account. I happen to disagree with you, I just didnt think it was important enough to me to voice my response.

Your information is important to all who read these threads, especially lurkers. Especially for newbies. Dont deprive us of your comments because you feel ignored.
DreamWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry you read it that way, Dream Warrior. I do not take it personally, nor do I think I am ignored. Everyone is entitled to their own opinioln. As a certified exercise physiologist, I have experience in this srea. However, I am choosing not to involve myself in the exercise thread anymore. My choice.

Jo
Old 10-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: smasonnc
Stats: 163.6/134.7/130
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
It looks like I'm stumbling upon some drama, but maybe changing the subject will diffuse it.

I posted this in the October thread but didn't get a response so I apologize for the cross post. Those of you who exercise, do you increase your calories and/or eat a fruit/protein snack first? After 2.5 weeks I still feel weak & shaky and had a terrible 2nd weigh in even after following the program precisely.

I play a lot of tennis but I don't have enough energy so they upped my calories and added a snack before exercise. It seems like those of you who run and do P90X are exerting yourselves more than I am. I want to do weights & cardio but I can hardly lift my arms over my head. What do your offices say to do?
Old 10-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasonnc View Post
It looks like I'm stumbling upon some drama, but maybe changing the subject will diffuse it.

I posted this in the October thread but didn't get a response so I apologize for the cross post. Those of you who exercise, do you increase your calories and/or eat a fruit/protein snack first? After 2.5 weeks I still feel weak & shaky and had a terrible 2nd weigh in even after following the program precisely.

I play a lot of tennis but I don't have enough energy so they upped my calories and added a snack before exercise. It seems like those of you who run and do P90X are exerting yourselves more than I am. I want to do weights & cardio but I can hardly lift my arms over my head. What do your offices say to do?
Before I started on Medi I did a studio cycling class 4 days a week. Because of my workouts, the doctor put me on 700 protein calories per day. The first couple of weeks on Medi I was so weak that I couldn't turn up the resistance at all. I tried increasing protein before the class per my clinics advice, but that didn't help. I finally added about 1/2 cup of oatmeal before the class on my own and felt great during the workout. I only needed to do this for a couple of weeks and was eventually able to do the class just on protein. A piece of fruit would probably have been a better choice, but the outcome was the same. It helped initially, and I was eventually able to exercise without it. It takes time to teach your body to burn fat instead of carbs during workout.

Listen to your clinic and eat the extra fruit before you exercise until your body learns how to adapt. You burn so many carbs during exercise that you will not go out of ketosis. Eventually you will not need the fruit. The weakness will go away, it is just a result of the carb withdraw.

Trust you clinic. They know what they are doing.

Last edited by SDC2; 10-22-2009 at 07:35 PM..
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:45 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:

My clinic increased my calories for days I work out. On Days I run I eat about 650 protein calories plus the veggies, fruit and healthy fat. I always eat before I work out. For example this morning I ate half a pack of the 100 cal packs of cocoa dusted almonds and a 1/4 cup of strawberries. The other day I ate 1 tablespoon of PB and 1/2 a small apple. It helps me tremendously when I am working out. This was all by the suggestion of my clinic. After my workout is over I eat my breakfast and have a Crystal Light Hydration.

Hope this helps but yes Susie is right, listen to your clinic. Good luck!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
Quote:

I just asked the NP at my clinic about this on my last visit. She said it's IMPERATIVE that you eat before working out. She told me to try to eat right around 100 calories and make most of that protein. She did say that I could add some berries or fruit to that as well. She also told me NOT to count those calories in my daily alotment - so in essence I'm eating an extra 100 calories on the days I work out.

She said that if you do not eat before you work out, your body will start to attack muscle, not fat and that later in the day your liver will begin to produce additional sugar to counteract the workout you just slaved over. SO PLEASE EAT or your workout is going to be ineffective!

As far as intensity, please understand that even doing this P90X, I am a BEGINNER! It is so hard to sling these extra 100 pounds (88 now ) around and it is all so fast paced that there are moments when I just lay on the floor and look at Tony. You do not want to be in the room with my DH and I when we are doing this - the language is not polite! LOL But we are proud of ourselves for DOING it. We are moving more than we have in years, and even though it's kicking our butts, we LOVE it! It feels like we've accomplished something!!! To Jo's point, we're not overexerting ourselves, but we are working. And I think that's what's important.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

I have P90X at home its box... sitting infront of the DVD player... looking at me sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob... Tony haunts me. LOL!

I vowed to start P90X, soon... maybe after this first week.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

YAY! Definitely wait until you are finished with week 1, but I love it so far!
QueenCityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

I don't know what's wrong with me this week - I have been SLACKING on the exercise! I haven't worked out since Tuesday! So this weekend there are no excuses!

Plus my husband is finally going back to work (he was one of many laid off from his job) but he's going to be working nights. This is totally foreign to us and I'm not sure how we'll adjust. I do know that it's going to be even tougher for me to get out of bed in the morning considering that's the only time I'll really get to see him. So morning workouts might be out for a little while, but I'm going to try to fit it all in.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Think positive. He's working and if he ends up not liking the night shift, he can use his day time hours to look for something different and do interviews without jeopardizing his schedule.

As far as your workouts go - girl! You have been busting a move since day 1 and I know you'll find your way back. You're my inspiration and I know that if you can do it, there is NO excuse for me. I havent started Tony's program yet cause Im still in week 1, but I need your imput to keep me excited about it. So dont think of it as a slump, think of it as muscle recovery and get back on track - if anything know that we're keeping you accountable!!

**hugs**

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityDiva View Post
I don't know what's wrong with me this week - I have been SLACKING on the exercise! I haven't worked out since Tuesday! So this weekend there are no excuses!

Plus my husband is finally going back to work (he was one of many laid off from his job) but he's going to be working nights. This is totally foreign to us and I'm not sure how we'll adjust. I do know that it's going to be even tougher for me to get out of bed in the morning considering that's the only time I'll really get to see him. So morning workouts might be out for a little while, but I'm going to try to fit it all in.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: freshroses2
Stats: 180/149/145
Start Date: October 9, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
I have P90X at home its box... sitting infront of the DVD player... looking at me sitting on the couch watching SpongeBob... Tony haunts me. LOL!

Good afternoon DreamWarrior...just to let you know I started the P90X Lean today...I Love it...Have a wonderful week eating veggies....smile

Monica
freshroses2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Think positive. He's working and if he ends up not liking the night shift, he can use his day time hours to look for something different and do interviews without jeopardizing his schedule.

As far as your workouts go - girl! You have been busting a move since day 1 and I know you'll find your way back. You're my inspiration and I know that if you can do it, there is NO excuse for me. I havent started Tony's program yet cause Im still in week 1, but I need your imput to keep me excited about it. So dont think of it as a slump, think of it as muscle recovery and get back on track - if anything know that we're keeping you accountable!!

**hugs**
O.M.G. you have NO IDEA how much your post just TOTALLY made my day! I have had the day from HEYHEY and was ready to just curl up in the bed and sleep it off, but now I feel renewed and invigorated! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You have given me back my mojo! I absolutely KNOW I'm gonna get up tomorrow morning and kick some SERIOUS butt with Tony! Seriously, you are officially my new workout partner! P90X here we come!!!!! Monica, that includes you too! You are part of our new gang! LOL

I can not WAIT for your first weigh-in! It's ON after that! I weigh in tomorrow morning for week 3 and know it will probably suck since I've been glued to the couch at my pity party. But that's ok, I'll be thinking of you all day! HUGS right back to ya!!!

And by the way - you look GREAT! And I'm a little scared of you, Ms. Ironman!That's one heck of a goal!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

LOL! I think I'll have a little chat with Tony on Saturday and tell him Im ready for what he has to offer... are you doing the lean program? I think that's where I'll start.

As far as IronMan goes, I have ALOT of training to do. I need to pick up my running again (havent gone running since last August - pregnant). And I've never cycled for long distances, and swimming??!! Where the heck am I gonna train for that?! I still need to find a place - our local YMCA is PACKED and their swim schedules are goofy and inconvienient. So, I want to see if any of the colleges have a pool I can sign up for.

Anyone want to TRY to go for the IRONMAN with me?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Girl, I couldn't try out for the TINMAN right now, but after a few rounds of P90X, I'll be a machine (as Tony says)! I can't wait for you to have a "chat" with him on Saturday! I'm doing lean as well, and my Day 1 is Monday - in case you want to sync your schedule with mine. Then we could sweat through Kenpo together!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:09 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Girl, I couldn't try out for the TINMAN right now,

LOL!! OMG!! You're hillarious!

Ok, I'll start Day1 on Monday with you, that way we can keep each other checked.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Excellent Resource!!

Hey Medi-Runners... I read this book way way WAY back in the day and it was excellent - he has since revised it a bit and came out with a 2009 version.

I highly recommend reading it, its very informative and provides great information on running. After all, how hard can running be, we've been doing it all of lives - this guy puts a twist into it. You'll enjoy it and hopefully walk (or run) away from it with some new information.

I also suggest seeing the DVD, its a strong enforcer to the book and you can actually see the moves he's talking about.

I didnt buy the book or the DVD but borrowed if from my local library - they had to hunt down the DVD from another library. So if you cant afford the set, then use that old library card and check it out!!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, DreamWarrior! That's great info and I plan to look it up!

Back to the grind - this morning at 6, Tony and I spent a little time together. I can't believe I'm going to say it, but it felt SO GOOD to get back into my groove!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:39 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NIKKI21
Stats: 181.4/134.8 Now on Maintenance :0)
WOE: MEDI WEIGHTLOSS CLINICS
Start Date: 12/04/08
100 pushups

A friend of mine turned me onto this website
one hundred push ups
The goal is to work you up to 100 consecutive pushups in 6 weeks.

I started Friday! Long way to go but the plan looks very do-able.
They also have situps and squats.

I chose to start with the pushups because while I have nicer looking arms after losing the FAT my upper body strength still stinks! My legs (squats) will wait - heck they got a good work out hauling my fat you know what around :0)
NIKKI21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKI21 View Post
A friend of mine turned me onto this website
one hundred push ups
The goal is to work you up to 100 consecutive pushups in 6 weeks.

I started Friday! Long way to go but the plan looks very do-able.
They also have situps and squats.

I chose to start with the pushups because while I have nicer looking arms after losing the FAT my upper body strength still stinks! My legs (squats) will wait - heck they got a good work out hauling my fat you know what around :0)
Cool!!! My son would LOVE this too!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
Start Date: June 8, 2009
Quote:

Maybe you should try a biggest loser dvd first to get yourself worked up for the P90X (which is hard as H***!) The biggest loser cardio max is a tough workout in itself- kicks my butt every time!! (plus the sculpting one from biggest loser too) the other day for the first time in about 2 months (I was doing other stuff for a while) and could barely walk for 3 days It's a good hurt though
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

This week is an excersize challenge, stop by the thread and participate... I could use the encoragement.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...challenge.html
Old 11-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

I can't wait to start exercising again - my body misses it! I think for this week, I'm going to buy a pedometer and start focusing on my steps. Then I should be back in action next week for my guy Tony!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justin1
Stats: 324.5/197/190
Start Date: 4/15/09
Quote:
I can't wait to start exercising again - my body misses it! I think for this week, I'm going to buy a pedometer and start focusing on my steps. Then I should be back in action next week for my guy Tony!!!
I recommend this one

Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
It has the most reviews and is 4.75 out of 5 stars...I did a little bit of research when I was shopping for one.

I bought one for myself and wife a while ago and you can just stick it in your purse or pocket and it picks up steps...somehow it knows that regular movement isn't a "step" and doesn't count it ...

pretty amazing
Justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1 View Post
I recommend this one

Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
It has the most reviews and is 4.75 out of 5 stars...I did a little bit of research when I was shopping for one.

I bought one for myself and wife a while ago and you can just stick it in your purse or pocket and it picks up steps...somehow it knows that regular movement isn't a "step" and doesn't count it ...

pretty amazing
Awesome! Thank you! I'm going to google it right now! That's why I love this group!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Justin, that is the one I have and I love it. It is always with me. Sometimes, if my jeans/pants do not have a pocket, I tuck it in my bra (TMI sorry) and it still counts the steps. I usually get in 12000-14000 steps a day. Started out with around 5000.

Jo
Old 11-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shanlock
Stats: 5'7" 257/219.4/200 is 2nd mini-goal
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: September 29, 2009
I just finished doing my Hip Hop Abs DVD. I haven't done it in a couple of years! It's funny how you can get bored with doing the same exercise routine all the time but then when you change it up, it makes it kind of fun.
shanlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Which is why I love my old original Buns of Steel.

Jo
Old 11-18-2009, 04:56 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Tony kicked my butt today! WHEW! I started over with week 1, day 1 being today so that I would have Yoga X on Saturday (it's a 90 minute routine). So today was Core Synergistics and it was NO JOKE! I have to admit, I loved every minute of it though!