Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: crobyninc
Stats: 335/243/180
WOE: Low carb and watching calories
Start Date: March 9 2009
Oh no Jessica! I feel responsible! I told you about those work outs. I am so sorry.
crobyninc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: QueenCityDiva
Stats: 5'10" 266/245.4/165
WOE: Medi
Start Date: Originally 10/09 Restarted 1/10
Oh my!!! Does it help to think of all of the fat you're burning? Bless your heart! (Yes, I am definitely southern, and it's meant in a good way)
QueenCityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shanlock
Stats: 5'7" 257/219.4/200 is 2nd mini-goal
WOE: Medi-Weightloss
Start Date: September 29, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls View Post
Did Day 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred today.. BIG mistake. I seriously am close to vomiting from the pain. I think I really hurt my back and ab muscles. We are hosting some people tonight in our home but after they leave I'm pretty sure I'm going to take a Vicodin and go to bed. It's that bad.
I remember the first time I did that work out. Oh my goodness! I could barely move for 4 days! BUT, after I could walk again, I did it again and it wasn't nearly as bad! I'm so sorry you are feeling so badly and hope you will feel better soon!
shanlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katew1129
Stats: 232/212/130
WOE: Medi-weight loss
Start Date: January 2013
Jessica - I so know how you feel. The day after (and after that) I could barely walk. I felt like I was stuck in my desk chair! It gets better and it definitely works! Keep at it!!! Feel better soon!
katew1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:13 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Robyn- Don't feel bad! It was my fault.

Thanks for the well wishes guys! I feel really stupid, that's for sure. I was hosting my ladies bible study here last night and the girls were like "wow, you look really pale"!! Ha! I made it through but they all felt bad that I was hurting.

I took a HOT bath and a vicodin and this morning I feel somewhat better. The hurt is in different places now! LOL

It's my own stupid fault, honestly. I tried the crunches because they didn't seem to be impacting my broken tailbone, but I think the strain on my back was nooottt good.

Kate- I don't know if I'll do it again, honestly. The workout made me feel fat and slow and I was really upset afterwards. All her talk about "400 pound people can do this" made me feel like a total loser for not being able to do everything. When I do other things, like step aerobics, couch to 5k, or yoga, I feel good and strong and healthy afterwards. I don't like exercise that makes me feel bad about myself.

Sooooo... I may not try this again for a while. There are free yoga workouts on FIOS so I may explore those. But not today, that's for sure!
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Oh bless your heart! I know that feeling WELL! I see people running past me on the trail and I get so discouraged sometimes. I also get to my car some days and think "2 miles? That's all you can do? That's NOTHING!" but then I have to remind myself that I'm carrying an extra HUNDRED POUNDS and that I have barely moved in 10 years - so yes, this is slow, yes, this is not the best, but I AM doing something!!!

I think it's commendable that you tried to do things like crunches! I'm nowhere close to rolling this belly over on itself, much less WITH a back injury! YOU ARE MY HERO FOR THE DAY because you TRIED. And seriously - how does that lady know what 400 pound people can do? Until she's BEEN 400 pounds AND has done that whole workout, she should shut up! LOL You are you - beautifully, uniquely YOU and if you are happy with what you've done, that's all that matters!

I'm on Team Jessica and I think you ROCK!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy-2-girls
Stats: 5'9" 299.2/249.2/180
WOE: Medi Weight Loss/Wii Fit/Yoga
Start Date: Restart after pregnancy bedrest: January 5, 2011
Jennifer- Thank you, that is really sweet! I appreciate the encouragement. Feeling pretty sore and cruddy today (think I might be getting sick) so it's nice to log on here and have such a positive message! Thanks!!
Mommy-2-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

GOOD! I'm so glad! When in doubt, use my new trick - blame it on H1N1. Everytime something bad has happened lately, it's been H1N1's fault. Being late to work this morning, going to the restroom a zillion times today, even drinking the 50 gallons of water I had to drink today - all due to H1N1. So when in doubt, blame it on the good ol' swine flu!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

I have done Jillian's 30 day Shred for 3 days straight now.... My bat wings are killing me! But the rest of my body is feeling pretty good. I am going to do the DVD again today but I am not sure I will be using the hand weight today. Walking is a breeze after this work out!!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MeriPearl
Stats: 5'7"/219/173/155
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 2009
I love 30 day shred...in a masochistic sort of way. However, my favorite dvds are Turbo Jam. It's basically kickboxing with some dance moves thrown in. It really helped me get into exercising.
MeriPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

My crazy tail decided to do the Tae Bo Elite video tonight. I did it and didn't feel like I had really done a whole lot, so I looked at my husband and said 5 fatal words "let's do it again". So we did it again! LOL I was sweating like crazy but I got that sense of accomplishment I wanted (and the sore muscles to go along with it!) Now I'm just hoping that I'm in ketosis tomorrow morning - day 3!!!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:14 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityDiva View Post
My crazy tail decided to do the Tae Bo Elite video tonight. I did it and didn't feel like I had really done a whole lot, so I looked at my husband and said 5 fatal words "let's do it again". So we did it again! LOL I was sweating like crazy but I got that sense of accomplishment I wanted (and the sore muscles to go along with it!) Now I'm just hoping that I'm in ketosis tomorrow morning - day 3!!!
That's awesome that on Day 2 you had enough energy to exercise so fervently! I was feeling VERY weak Day 2 - Day 4 and could barely walk up the stairs let alone do any kind of exercising! Good for you! If you do start feeling weaker though, give yourself a break this first week. Don't overdo it!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DreamWarrior
Stats: 161/161/145
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: 23 Oct 09
Quote:
LOL! That's awesome!
DreamWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

I don't know if I overdid it or what, but last night I still felt great! I iced my legs (shin splints) and woke up this morning feeling fine. I went and had the second shots but now I feel SO SHAKY and weak. I'm trying to shovel food in my mouth and down some Smart Water, but WHEW - it's not a good feeling. I'm also feeling a weird tingly pain in my left arm......... Any advice? I almost feel like if I get this food in my system and then go for a walk around my office building I might feel better.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SDC2
Stats: 5' 7.5" 218/150/155 Maintenance
Start Date: November 20, 2008
Quote:
I don't know if I overdid it or what, but last night I still felt great! I iced my legs (shin splints) and woke up this morning feeling fine. I went and had the second shots but now I feel SO SHAKY and weak. I'm trying to shovel food in my mouth and down some Smart Water, but WHEW - it's not a good feeling. I'm also feeling a weird tingly pain in my left arm......... Any advice? I almost feel like if I get this food in my system and then go for a walk around my office building I might feel better.
The weakness is normal. Your body doesn't know what to use for fuel since you are depriving it of the normal carbs. Your body will adjust and you will feel better in a few days. You may want to slow down the activity a bit while your body is going through its adjustment.
SDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
It finally came out on DVD...good thing too because my ancient and honorable VHS tape was skipping and whining. I LOVE this workout, and when added to whatever else you may be doing like walking/biking etc, you WILL see the results. Yeah...it is pretty corny and the music is dated...but if "it ain't broke, don't fix it". I love this workout and have always gotten great results. You will definitely feel it, but you won't regret it and you won't ache all over for days...you will ache..yep..but not like the Jillian one which I tried (thank goodness I did not buy it - just borrowed it). I am in good shape but it made me sick to my stomach...that cannot be a good thing.

Greg Smithey...he's the "Bunmaster"!

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babyboyst
Stats: 5'11" 238/165/180???
Start Date: April 1st, 2009
Quote:
Jennifer, you are so funny, I can't believe you did that twice!! I love it!

I am on vacation at the beach with the fam, and I have managed to squeeze in a work out every day, whether big one or small one. With the 2 babies its tough, because it seems like one or the other needs to eat or nap throughout the day! Anyway, yesterday was my proud moment -- it was 8:45pm when we got the kids to bed, got the kitchen cleaned up, etc. And my friend Michelle (she and her fam are here with us) and I said Ok, we could go sit down and put our feet up, or we could find a yoga thing on Fit TV or go for a walk? So we found a 45 min yoga/pilates video on fit tv and did it and i felt so great afterwards. It was tough, but I thought wow, it would ahve been so easy for us to say hey its been a loooong day with the kids, we've been up since 6am, let's just chill out. But we did it, and i'm glad!

Melissa, wherever you are, I put on my "WWMD" bracelet, and decided that's what you would ahve done so I did it!
2 kids under 2, 16 months apart ~ I haven't sat down in almost 2 years!! Goodbye 240's forever, goodbye 230's forever, goodbye 220's forever, goodbye 210's forever, goodbye 200's forever, goodbye 190's forever, goodbye 180's forever and now GOODBYE 170's forever!!!! (ok that's a lot of goodbyes, I think i'm done now!!)
babyboyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

LOL! I'm finding those moments, too Danika! AND THEY FEEL SOOOOOO GOOD! I keep thinking to myself "yep, it would be so much easier to lay on the couch, but in 45 minutes I can come back to the couch and lay down SATISFIED because I exercised!" So I get myself up and go work out, then strap on the ice and settle into the couch! It's SUCH a great feeling to know that I'm doing this!!!

I didn't exercise at all for the past 3 days (day 3, 4, and 5 kicked my butt) so I plan to TRY to move some today! I have my FIRST WEIGH IN tonight and then dinner and drinks with my new boss (I've got a plan for this) so I won't get home until late, but I have a feeling Billy Blanks will be calling my name!

I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can get a good run in outside. I've decided to push myself towards a goal of a 12 minute mile this week!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babyboyst
Stats: 5'11" 238/165/180???
Start Date: April 1st, 2009
Quote:
LOL! I'm finding those moments, too Danika! AND THEY FEEL SOOOOOO GOOD! I keep thinking to myself "yep, it would be so much easier to lay on the couch, but in 45 minutes I can come back to the couch and lay down SATISFIED because I exercised!" So I get myself up and go work out, then strap on the ice and settle into the couch! It's SUCH a great feeling to know that I'm doing this!!!

I didn't exercise at all for the past 3 days (day 3, 4, and 5 kicked my butt) so I plan to TRY to move some today! I have my FIRST WEIGH IN tonight and then dinner and drinks with my new boss (I've got a plan for this) so I won't get home until late, but I have a feeling Billy Blanks will be calling my name!

I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can get a good run in outside. I've decided to push myself towards a goal of a 12 minute mile this week!!!!
Jennifer, I love your enthusiasm! Just make sure you take little goals and move them along towards bigger once, and keep that enthusiasm! Sometimes I shoot for really big ones at first and then get disappointed if I don't hit them. But the small ones along the way make it fun and keep me motivated to move for the next one! By the way, please send me a message or a text tonight and let me know about your success on your weigh in, I cannot wait to hear all about it!!
babyboyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

I will! I will! HOPEFULLY I'll be as excited about it tonight as I am now. I keep asking myself what number I'll be happy about... and I can't settle on an answer. I think over 5 pounds would be GREAT, over 10 pounds would be AMAZING. I can look at myself and tell I haven't lost 10 pounds, BUT today was the first day someone said "are you losing weight? You look like you've lost a little!" I swear I heard the angels singing!!! LOL

One thing I'm learning is that I really CAN do anything I want to do. I couldn't swim the English channel tomorrow, but if I set it as my goal, I'm sure I could do it! My #1 problem ALWAYS is motivation. I'm amped in the beginning, but as my excitement fades, so does my resolve. So that's what I'm working on now! Baby steps!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:40 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tracy_d
Stats: 5'7'' 191.5/150.5/150 now on maintenance
WOE: Medi Weight Loss Clinic
Start Date: June 8, 2009
I just signed up for my first 5k race in two weeks. I know 5k isn't that much (in running standards). It's only 3.1 miles, but I have made a goal for myself to finish it in 32 minutes. My time right now is 35-36 minutes. I have discovered that I LOVE running and the great endorphin rush it gives me!!! Who knows, maybe I will be able to do a 10k next year sometime!!
tracy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Girl, running a 5K (in a cute running skirt ) is my ULTIMATE goal!!! GO YOU! I can't wait to hear how your first race goes!!! I'm working my way up to it - and 32 minutes is nothing to sneeze at - that's a great time!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

I'm seriously considering doing the P90X program. I know I won't be able to do much of it in the beginning, but I'd like to work my way up to it. I know the guy is kind of like a drill sergeant, but I tend to get fiesty when I'm working out anyway. It may be fun to talk (or curse) back at him throughout it!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Just finished with Jillian again and I was able to do all the jumping jacks! Still can't get through all the jump roping and my push ups are pretty lame! Getting there and still on level 1 lol!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Just finished with Jillian again and I was able to do all the jumping jacks! Still can't get through all the jump roping and my push ups are pretty lame! Getting there and still on level 1 lol!
I only did the 30 day shred maybe 3 times. I remember the very first time I was SO sore for the next 4 days! The next time it was a little better though...I need to pull out this DVD and try again!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanlock View Post
I only did the 30 day shred maybe 3 times. I remember the very first time I was SO sore for the next 4 days! The next time it was a little better though...I need to pull out this DVD and try again!
Oh yeah, major sore. I couldn't lift my arms and would literally fall onto the toilet because my thighs were so sore. But now I am only mildly sore after the work out but it is the good kind of sore!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobyninc View Post
Oh yeah, major sore. I couldn't lift my arms and would literally fall onto the toilet because my thighs were so sore. But now I am only mildly sore after the work out but it is the good kind of sore!
LOL! Yes, I definitely remember kind of falling onto the toilet because I couldn't make my thighs work any more because they were SO SORE!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Desert-Rose7
Stats: 5'11"/262/150/150
WOE: MediWeightLoss
Start Date: 12/19/08 in Wellness since 09/03/2009
You know, gals, there is something seriously wrong when you exercise to the point of that kind of pain. It is NOT good for you. I will say again that there are many things you can do to build up your fitness level and exercising to that kind of pain inhibits the normal recovery time. I have taught aerobics for many years, and coached girls sports teams along the way, while participating in sports as well. And NEVER once did I ask my gals to exercise that way. Muscle confusion...give me a break..sorry but I do not buy that line regardless of how beachbody.com sells it.

I took things along as I was able to and although swift results are nice and make good talking points, slow and steady will win the race every time. I have chosen routines that I really really like, that give me a good workout, work up a good sweat, burn calories and train the muscles. That is what I strive for. Not the quick result, gee I will put that away cuz I hurt too much and why did I spend so doggone much $$$ on the thing anyway routine. Sorry, that is simply my own POV. You are certainly free to discard it, or use what you find helpful.

And if you want results, I have them. And continue to build on them.

Off the soapbox for a while now..

Jo
Desert-Rose7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carolina_Girl
Stats: 206.6/179.6/135 ish~
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 9-11-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy-2-girls View Post
Did Day 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred today.. BIG mistake. I seriously am close to vomiting from the pain. I think I really hurt my back and ab muscles. We are hosting some people tonight in our home but after they leave I'm pretty sure I'm going to take a Vicodin and go to bed. It's that bad.
WOW! I have several of her DVDs, and they do kick your butt! I hope you are okay though. I myself am waiting until I get in a little better shape before I try them again. Hope you feel better!
Carolina_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TriMom
Stats: 280.4/198.5/180
Start Date: July 21st, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboyst View Post
Melissa, wherever you are, I put on my "WWMD" bracelet, and decided that's what you would ahve done so I did it!
That's cute! Just saw this post!
TriMom is offline   Reply With Quote