Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 03:27 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Boxing up the "FAT" clothes, any of you do that??

Now the hard part begins -- keeping this weight off!! Did any of you ever do this? This is the stupidest thing I ever did -- didn't realize I was doing it until this time around:

When I'd lose weight in the past, I'd take my "FAT" clothes and box them up -- then it hit me, Holy HANNAH, I was giving myself PERMISSION to go back to "FAT Jo". But not this time, every time I went down a size, I donated the bigger size to a charity thrift store.. I have nothing (boxed or other-wise) that isn't the size I am currently wearing.

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2014, 04:27 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I would definitely keep the fat clothes. I often find if I toss something out I end up needing it again but keep something you don't need any more and it will usual stay unused in your closet year after year. Hay that could be my problem I have all those skinny clothes from the time I was 150 lbs lighter,
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:01 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I would definitely keep the fat clothes. I often find if I toss something out I end up needing it again but keep something you don't need any more and it will usual stay unused in your closet year after year. Hay that could be my problem I have all those skinny clothes from the time I was 150 lbs lighter,
LOL EW, I didn't keep them -- I've already given them away -- I went from a 4XL shirt/blouse down to a Med/size 6-8 shirt/blouse and from a size 24 jean /pants to a size 5 jr

It's liberating cleaning out the closet and never EVER having to be those sizes AGAIN -- I ain't going back there EVEN again!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-20-2014, 06:37 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shoo
Stats: 239/170/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2004
I gave away over 300 pieces of clothing at once. The clothes that were too big for me were stored in Rubbermaid containers and I didn't even look to see what was in there...just called up a friend and her daughter who were happy to take them off my hands. Her hubby had to bring a truck! I like buying clothing that fits and is in style now and my closet is again beautidul

Way to go Jo!!
shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:01 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Yeah, I've been clearing out the closet for a while finishing up last weekend. Dropped off the clothes last Monday. I think the only large things I have left are the clothes that I kept of my dad's I can't bear to get rid of and two dresses I MAY try to get altered. I have so much room in my closet now. I do think it's very important psychologically in the overall process to purge the closet of things you can't or wouldn't ever wear again.
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoo View Post
I gave away over 300 pieces of clothing at once. The clothes that were too big for me were stored in Rubbermaid containers and I didn't even look to see what was in there...just called up a friend and her daughter who were happy to take them off my hands. Her hubby had to bring a truck! I like buying clothing that fits and is in style now and my closet is again beautidul

Way to go Jo!!
Thanks shoo! Mine use to be stored in rubber maid containers too -- it's amazing how much room I have in my storage area now!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
I do think it's very important psychologically in the overall process to purge the closet of things you can't or wouldn't ever wear again.
I like that part, marsha! I've purged my body of FAT so now I've purged my closet of all the FAT clothes -- yeeehaaaaa

I tried altering some of my favorite pieces -- I'm a sewing teacher. But when you go from a size 4XL to a med/6-8 the only thing to do is completely take apart the garment and start from scratch! I decided it really wasn't worth my time or effort!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/180/167
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
I have given all of mine away.
I have a few friends who go to a weightloss group with me and I give it to them.
I gave a lot of it to my mom too.

Last weekend she asked me if I wanted a pair of capris back that I had given her. I was a little offended because I gained a few pounds back, so she must think they would fit me again! (I'm only a few pounds above my goal now and not in a bigger size.)

I don't want to keep any of my clothes. I want my jeans to feel tight and for me to have no other options but to lose the pounds or spend the money on new ones.
Psmileyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I've maintained under 126lb since last February, but I still have all my 2x/ 3x stuff packed away. I had every intention to pack it up for donation this weekend, but it did not happen. I feel truly ready, however, and I had been far to fearful to do it up till this point. Perhaps next weekend will be the actual pack-up event.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:32 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
I tried altering some of my favorite pieces -- I'm a sewing teacher. But when you go from a size 4XL to a med/6-8 the only thing to do is completely take apart the garment and start from scratch! I decided it really wasn't worth my time or effort!
I hear ya. I'll just keep those 2 pieces I love as reminders then to keep on the lookout for dresses in that style that are my size.
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
Reading this thread is very enlightening.
I went from a UK sz24 (US sz20) to a UK sz8-10 (US sz4-6)
I have given away the UK sz18 up.

My problem is that, I have lost a fair bit of weight so many times, and it may be reason for my hesitancy that I am not fully acknowledging. Plus this is the smallest I have been in 30yrs.
I am a bit nervous on some level, yet I know with the way I eat now, and what I know about my body, I may gain a few pounds from time to time, I also know barring any major illness, I will never put on so much weight to the extent of the epic proportions of what I weighed before I lost my weight.

I guess I am working on burning the weight bridge...but some of those clothes are truly exquisite, and I am thinking of getting them resized/re-worked to fit.
With a lot of the skirts, its quite possible, but with suits hmm!! I'm not so sure.

I also hope that its not the safe excuse I am using, to hang onto them, just in case the worst happens...I have to carefully process a lot of my thinking around my weight issues, things are not always what they first seem, with my thinking around my weight.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: werkn'it
Stats: 187/133/125
WOE: Atkin'ish
Start Date: 8/13 (this time around)
I've passed on most of my large clothes, too. I was glad to get rid of them, except for the transitional clothes that it seems like I just bought but have already "undergrew."

Quote:
Originally Posted by icaniwill1 View Post
I guess I am working on burning the weight bridge...but some of those clothes are truly exquisite, and I am thinking of getting them resized/re-worked to fit.
I had a pair of new jeans that I really felt were exquisite, but just got too baggy to keep. Not much you can do to fix jeans.

On the other side of things, I lost a lot of weight about 7 years ago and had bought a lot of cute outfits. We had a hurricane, I got off LC and didn't get back on plan. Gained all my weight back plus. All of those cute clothes I thought were gone forever. My mom recently pulled down a box out of her attic and there were my skinny clothes!

How fun! Now, I can fit into all of them but two pair of capris. My goal is to get into them and I'm very close!

I am so glad that those skinny clothes were kept - however it happened. Don't think I'll ever feel the same about getting back into my fat clothes.
werkn'it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ceb65
I too have packed up my fat clothes, put them in the attic, only to bring them out once again, but not this time. Each size I lose I will get rid of as I am losing. I have clothes ranging in size 5-16 and M -2x, I also will alter clothes that I love to fit my smaller size, like my vacation dresses.

But I am also getting rid of my really small clothes that I have kept all these years just in case I ever lost enough weight to get back in to them! Now I realize that I wont ever be that thin again, and at 48 I would not look good if I was. Now I want to look healthy, not bone thin.

Besides, no one wants or needs to see my butt in skimpy "hot pants" anyway!
ceb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:02 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

I have yo-yoed my entire life -- I've calculated (my memory isn't as good as it once was) that I've lost over 300 lbs in all those attempts. My heaviest was 293 -- the lowest (not including this time) was 155. And I'd rebox the clothes and pull them out as I needed them -- sad, very sad.

I refuse to regain this time I am in control of what I eat!!

I did one of the hardest things I've ever done. I love good quality leather jackets in different colors. I had 5 of them in size 14 that I finally gave away to a friend this past weekend. I look like an idiot in them, they are that large. She says, you sure Jo? I said oh yeah, now I can replace them with something that actually fits.

So I came up with a little joke -- "When you get too large for your clothes you say I "outgrew" my clothes, what do you say when you are too small for your clothes? "CHARGE!!"

Okay I thought that was funny!! LOL

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I need to do a closet purge, including several things I bought last year as I was just starting to drop the weight. I skipped a whole size and now those have to go, too. It is costly, but I am not going back to those sizes, so it's better out of sight/out of mind. Although it's odd to remember clothes I wished I hadn't ditched because they were too small. Not a very emotionally healthy way of thinking, but my mind goes there sometimes.

I really feel no that I can eat this way for a long time and never feel deprived. This forum has really transformed by body and my way of thinking. I can't help getting older, but it's easier than I ever understood that I don't have to get larger. I understand that we can all get blindsided by life, but I feel that I would not turn to food. Alcohol is something else, and there I need to remain vigilant.

Last edited by Patience; 04-22-2014 at 10:23 AM..
Patience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:16 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/240/200
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Still in progress on my journey but My 6xl work pants and overused sweatpants are gone. Still wear my 6xl office shirts at work since they cost $$ and want to get as much use as i can from them lol.

Last edited by kay9; 04-23-2014 at 09:17 AM..
kay9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:14 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Another Deep Question...

I don't see myself as thin -- now I wear a size 5 jr pant/jeans and med top before I wore 24 pants/jeans and 3XL or 4XL top.

Went shopping with my DD a couple of weeks ago and she kept pulling clothes out of my hands, saying you don't have to hide your curves and you don't wear THAT size... I hold up the clothes I can wear now and I think to myself -- never gonna get my fat behind in those, and amazingly I do... weird..

In my mind's eye, I still see "Fat Jo".

I don't have a good self body image (not meaning I am headed toward an eating disorder) but I can't picture "Thin Jo" in my head...

Any body else have that???

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-25-2014, 06:03 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: barbblundell
Stats: 190/125/125
WOE: Low Carb - Good Carb
Start Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
I don't see myself as thin -- now I wear a size 5 jr pant/jeans and med top before I wore 24 pants/jeans and 3XL or 4XL top.

Went shopping with my DD a couple of weeks ago and she kept pulling clothes out of my hands, saying you don't have to hide your curves and you don't wear THAT size... I hold up the clothes I can wear now and I think to myself -- never gonna get my fat behind in those, and amazingly I do... weird..

I don't have a good self body image (not meaning I am headed toward an eating disorder) but I can't picture "Thin Jo" in my head...

“This WOE is not a diet,
Go to JCPenny and get some really nice pictures taken ...they offered me a college for 19.95 Hang it proudly on the wall and focus on that person! It works! You are doing great!
barbblundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
Start Date: restart 8/13
Jo---know what ya mean..Fri is my 1/2 day of work..I usually go to try on clothes at some store...kinda my way of doing a weekly reality check..until recently it was a huge struggle to wrap my mind around the size I would try on...ive lost slowly this time so maybe that is what helps...last Fri I actually EXPECTED the sz 4's to fit..and they did...as did a sz 2 pr of jeans( Express)..I can now see"thin" when I look in the mirror. I have a gorgeous pr of black "embossed" ankle pants...sz 4 ..they are too big..i wore them last night and they were so baggy they were unattractive..( note: they are 'big' 4's) Im going to have to let them go.. weird
goal made 04.04.14
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:44 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbblundell View Post
Go to JCPenny and get some really nice pictures taken ...they offered me a college for 19.95 Hang it proudly on the wall and focus on that person! It works! You are doing great!

Thanks barb! Tril, a poster on here called it FHS "Fat Head Syndrome" which seems to be the reality. I figured I was "Fat" Jo way longer than I've ever been "Thin" Jo so I'll just have to work through it. It sorta keeps me focused on the journey thinking I'm still "Fat" Jo!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-26-2014, 05:48 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
I can now see "thin" when I look in the mirror.
I hope to get there at some point in the future -- having my head catch up with my body. But it's all good -- at least my body is thinner!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-26-2014, 07:32 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

“This WOE is not a diet,
I can definitely relate. I'm getting better at picking up a size 4P or 2P and saying- yup that will fit. But I often still just feel fat. I look at my belly and think it is just huge
Old 04-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one with the FHS. I do a double take in the mirror (or any shiny surface) and say to myself is that really me?

I'm gonna have to go do what barb said abut getting some really good pictures of myself done -- full length of course!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 04-27-2014, 08:34 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

“This WOE is not a diet,
I could have written this post....I now wear a UK size 8-10 (US size 4-6) from a UK size 24 less than a year ago.
My eyes still cant adjust to it...something definitely going on with my brain.
I have had to make it a shopping policy, to only try size 10 clothes, otherwise I will end up buying sizes that are too large for me.

I am so grateful I found low carb...it has changed my life.

Last edited by icaniwill1; 04-27-2014 at 08:35 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I am so grateful I found low carb...it has changed my life.

I can't agree more icaniwill!! Have you started maintenance yet?? I'm still tweaking the kcals and carbs to find out how many I can have so I never gain/lose weight again (with in 2 or 3 lbs up or down).

“This WOE is not a Diet,
It’s my Salvation, my KEY to being
Healthy, Happy and Thinner!”
Old 04-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I can't agree more icaniwill!! Have you started maintenance yet?? I'm still tweaking the kcals and carbs to find out how many I can have so I never gain/lose weight again (with in 2 or 3 lbs up or down).

“This WOE is not a Diet,
I'm ''slightly pregnant'' when it comes to maintenance (can't seem to make up my mind if I am maintaining or still in weight loss mode) looking and feeling great but know I can drop further.
so one day I am still in weight loss mode...the next I can't be arsed.
I never miss my walks...only death will part me from that one.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm ''slightly pregnant'' when it comes to maintenance (can't seem to make up my mind if I am maintaining or still in weight loss mode) looking and feeling great but know I can drop further.
so one day I am still in weight loss mode...the next I can't be arsed.
I never miss my walks...only death will part me from that one.
Yeah I feel the same way about exercising. It's very satisfying and makes me feel amazing!!

“This WOE is not a Diet,
Old 04-28-2014, 03:10 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mickeyschickie
Stats: 253/203/153
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
Jo---know what ya mean..Fri is my 1/2 day of work..I usually go to try on clothes at some store...kinda my way of doing a weekly reality check..until recently it was a huge struggle to wrap my mind around the size I would try on...ive lost slowly this time so maybe that is what helps...last Fri I actually EXPECTED the sz 4's to fit..and they did...as did a sz 2 pr of jeans( Express)..I can now see"thin" when I look in the mirror. I have a gorgeous pr of black "embossed" ankle pants...sz 4 ..they are too big..i wore them last night and they were so baggy they were unattractive..( note: they are 'big' 4's) Im going to have to let them go.. weird
Wow! That has to feel great!
mickeyschickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/139/149
Start Date: restart 8/13
Quote:
Yeah I feel the same way about exercising. It's very satisfying and makes me feel amaziing

Exercise is my key to success!!!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm boxing them up as we speak...

I never want to need these again!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fat Pants.jpg (21.9 KB, 24 views)