Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SonataArctica
Stats: size 12/size 2 5'1
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/30/2009
Have any of u lost more weight while in maintenance?

This is happening to me, but I am not complaining. I decided I would call goal when I got back down to a size 4-where I had been 10 years earlier-so I did just that this year. Of course, I could stand to lose about 1-2 more inches being that I am short but decided not to worry about it. I just decided to stay at the carb level that made me feel my best (which is extremely low-no more than 20-25 g daily, if even that). And now my size 4 jeans are starting to loosen. This has been a nice surprise-one I didn't expect. I figured that my body will stop losing when it thinks it's time (or my dh thinks I"m getting too thin) so I am just keeping at my same carb level currently.
SonataArctica is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipshemom
Stats: 131/110 (5'0)
WOE: VLC/Maintenance
Start Date: Jan., 2011
Yes, when I continue to eat as strict as I did when I was actively losing weight, I continue to lose weight. Being in maintenance, I allow myself to have higher carb days within reason which can cause me to gain a couple of pounds, but I easily lose it by strict eating for 1-2 wks. This is why I weigh myself every morning to determine how I need to eat each day. I am at my pre-pregnancy weight from 15 yrs ago, so I'm very content w/ my current weight. I am a shortie also at 5'0, so it doesn't take much weight gain to make me look plump!
shipshemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
I originally set y goal at 150-155 because I had never maintained below that for any length of time in my entire life. I was 137 for a couple weeks after I got married, then got pregnant. That was in 1975. I got down to 146 lb in 2006 after having the surgery to remove 6 pounds of hanging skin around my abdomen.

But this year I have been losing about 1-2 lbs a month without really trying. I added a fruit back on a daily basis Nov 1st. I reevaluate the first of each month and reevaluate any changes, then adapt when I weigh in. I want to give my body time to adjust to the changes. Even so, I do have days where my carbs can get quite high and other days where they drop, without trying. It depends on the meals I plan out for the day. As I climbed the carb ladder, I added back most everything suggested in the original Atkins book, except grains and booze. And the only bean I have is soybean in the form of the various soy products.

I am a new vegan. I stopped eating meat, eggs and dairy, even my beloved greek yogurt. I thought I would miss it more than I do, but i substituted tofu in its place and whip it up in the blender for a pumpkin pudding that I can warm up on a cold day. It is working out quite nicely. One plus is I don't have to worry about the protein spoiling because it stays fresh for weeks if it were to last that long, and once I purchased the starter foods the first week, my grocery budget has gone down.

I get all my carbs from salads, cooked veggies, fruit and soy products. I get my fats from dressings and soy products, and I didn't realize there is protein in everything I eat. The books say 70 grams of protein is enough for a woman and 100 grams for a man. I consistently have between 90-100 grams of protein. I found that I can eat more food with the vegan thing. I am trying to eat enough to stop losing. So my lower carb program has been migrating toward moderate carb as I venture up the carb ladder. Some days my fiber alone is 55 grams so total carbs could be as high as 150. But I do eat lots of veggies and 2 fruits a day.

Right now I hover between 144-146 lbs. I am in size 6 or 8 depending on the brand. 5'7" tall, 65 years old. I can't complain. Never in my wildest dreams would I think I would weigh 145 in my 60's and move/walk more than I did as a 20 something. Life is good!

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: martha
Stats: 138/102.3/107?
WOE: Low Carb Mediterranean/IF maintenance
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2013 Goal weight Sept. 11, 2013
I hit my goal weight in early September and have lost about three pounds more since then. I'm still tracking everything I eat and weighing every day -- I just don't feel confident about letting go of the routine that got me here. Part of the reason I lost more was that I started doing some very moderate intermittent fasting. And then I just wasn't sure what my maintenance diet was going to look like until I did it. So I lost a little more than I intended, then gained a bit back, then decided where I was happiest and made that the new target. But my emphasis now is really on my strength training and my activities -- walking and dancing, other things -- rather than on weight loss. I'm also still figuring out where I want to be with maintenance carbs. Averaging high 30s right now, and as long as I get enough protein in a day I'm ok. But I have been experiencing some hunger and have gotten up in the night to eat several times lately. I think that's just because I'm at the bottom of my acceptable weight range and some days I don't eat enough. But the compulsion to eat scares me, so I'm motivated to manage things a little better.
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: martha
Stats: 138/102.3/107?
WOE: Low Carb Mediterranean/IF maintenance
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2013 Goal weight Sept. 11, 2013
PS -- I'm eating some kind of fruit every day, but sometimes that's just squeezed lemon. Usually it includes some berries in a smoothie or an orange or a kiwi. Melon, grapefruit. And I am eating a lot of leafy greens, raw and cooked, plus keeping cooked broccoli and brussel sprouts on hand all the time. I eat modest amounts of oats, black beans, and sweet potatoes.
martha is offline   Reply With Quote